The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 04-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #26
Iron Lizard
Side-Kick

Default Re: Kevin Feige promises 2015 Marvel Cinematic Event

I can see AIM or Baron Zemo as the villains for Avengers 2 especially if Joss wants to go "smaller"

Iron Lizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #27
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

2015 would be way to early for an Avengers sequel if you really want to expand the MCU. You'd really have to rush everything. I'm not sure I'd like that. I say, wait till summer 2016, take your time and use it to produce Strange, Ant-Man and Black Panther.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:11 PM   #28
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
2015 would be way to early for an Avengers sequel if you really want to expand the MCU. You'd really have to rush everything. I'm not sure I'd like that. I say, wait till summer 2016, take your time and use it to produce Strange, Ant-Man and Black Panther.

The issue is the ideal MCU probably is unfeasable.

I think getting 3 Avengers movies out by 2017 might also be a little unfeasible as well...but for this group of actors it has to end somewhere I think.

In all liklihood I would bet 2018 is a logical A3. For RDJ that is 12 years of his life playing 1 character in 6 movies....that's a lot...I'm sure he loves Iron Man but are we sure we aren't going to get a guy just going through the motions 6 movies in?

I think it makes sense to have a finale on this group of Avengers in 2017-18 and then recast and reasses what everyone wants...maybe take 5 years off and just pick up where everyone left off, not worry about a reboot or anything, just pick up where we left off...Hemsworth and Evans are young enough where they could continue on with their characters if they wanted....but Ruffalo, Downey, Fury....not logical to have this thing go too long....having a plan is def the way to go when trying to manage this all.

and look I know the fanboys drool over an Ant-Man movie or a Dr. Strange movie and I can assure you if those characters got movies I would be interested in them as well...but they are supremely secondary characters to the mass audiences....they might get a chance to shine though during the post 2018 Avengers hiatus if they are done well...but if Marvel tries to squeeze in 3 more franchise it could really get over-saturated fast...even if they are good

DMB #41
L0ngsh0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #29
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Well, of all the heroes they are throwing around for possible films in the near future, although I'm a Dr. Strange fan, imho, he is probably the last movie I'd worry about getting out before an avengers sequel.

They should take their time and nail this movie since it will be the debut of hardcore mysticism and magic into the MCU and you don't want that to fall flat.

But, I agree the longer they wait for Edgar Wright to continue screwing around with Ant-Man and the longer they wait for a movie like BP it would be like TFA all over again. Though I have no doubt they would pull off a really good film, it would still feel rushed because at that point it would be all about avengers avengers avengers. And both ant-man and BP deserve the best possible adaptation.

Last edited by MarvelKnight; 04-06-2012 at 07:38 PM.
MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #30
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
Well, of all the heroes they are throwing around for possible films in the near future, although I'm a Dr. Strange fan, imho, he is probably the last movie I'd worry about getting out before an avengers sequel.

They should take their time and nail this movie since it will be the debut of hardcore mysticism and magic into the MCU and you don't want that to fall flat.

But, I agree the longer they wait for Edgar Wright to continue screwing around with Ant-Man and the longer they wait for a movie like BP it would be like TFA all over again. Though I have no doubt they would pull off a really good film, it would still feel rushed because at that point it would be all about avengers avengers avengers. And both ant-man and BP deserve the best possible adaptation.

For the record: I don't believe that there isn't any way you can make good movies out of Black Panther, Ant-Man and Dr Strange.....Strange in particular I am very interested in a movie version of that....but I think there are two very likely outcomes to forcing more Marvel franchise while this Avengers train is rolling A) Marvel either banks too much into Ant-Man but doesn't tease the character in Avengers related movies leading to a not-stellar box office because no one knows who Ant-Man is or B) They really do a good job pimping Ant-Man (or BP DS) as the next big Avengers franchise and they get a lot of business but audiences are left a little underwhelmed because there is a reason Ant-Man is a second tier character.

I guess you never complain with buisness I just think it's a tough spot to put the "smaller" franchises in.

Of the three I think Strange has the most potential to find his own voice because it is so different from the rest of what we got out there right now, so I personally believe if there is one new franchise they look into in the next 3 years he'd be the one.

But maybe I'm wrong. I've also long believed Marvel should consider using Feb/Marc/Oct months to release smaller movies like Ant-Man or Black Panther.....I don't know if they have the production teams in place to pull off 3-4 movies a year instead of 2....but it would be fun

DMB #41
Old 04-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #31
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Really what I think they should do is set up a post Avengers hiatus team around all the 2nd tier characters. Strange/Ant-Man/Black Panther....these are guys that could really benefit from being on a team. Maybe you throw Hulk in there and do a defenders thing but I think it would be smart to go about 5 years after 2018 without a normal Avengers deal going on but bridge that gap with these lesser known character who you maybe start rolling out around 2015 or so

DMB #41
Old 04-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #32
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ngsh0t View Post
For the record: I don't believe that there isn't any way you can make good movies out of Black Panther, Ant-Man and Dr Strange

I guess you never complain with buisness I just think it's a tough spot to put the "smaller" franchises in.
You don't think a good movie can be made out of Black Panther? Interesting.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #33
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

I think with the right script, director, and actors, Ant-Man and/or Dr. Strange would be great!

Old 04-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #34
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
You don't think a good movie can be made out of Black Panther? Interesting.
My b

I used a double negative what I said what: "I DON'T believe there ISN'T any way a good movie can be made"

basically I think it's possible to make good solid movies using these characters....however I am supremely skeptical of the draw that Ant-Man would be for instance.

Really if you have a compelling story+good direction+characters you are likely to turn anything into a good movie (Social Network for example of a pretty lame source material turned into a compelling movie) unless Ant-Man is just out of this world good I think it is likely there is a cap as too how much it will make though...I'm sure Marvel is aware of this and that is what is taking so long to make the movie

My bad. I'm more or less trying to convey skeptical positivism about the smaller Marvel movies if that makes sense

DMB #41
Old 04-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #35
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStacy View Post
I think with the right script, director, and actors, Ant-Man and/or Dr. Strange would be great!

I think Dr. Strange has some potential to be a big hit with the right actor because it's a new bit for MCU. I think Ant-Man and Black Panther have tougher roads ahead as they are essentially lesser-known versions of Avengers... I think a good movie is likely considering Marvel's track record, but I would be very surprised if Ant-Man where box office royalty in the middle of summer.

I could easily be wrong though...just my impressions of how movie business works

DMB #41
Old 04-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #36
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ngsh0t View Post
My b

I used a double negative what I said what: "I DON'T believe there ISN'T any way a good movie can be made"

basically I think it's possible to make good solid movies using these characters....however I am supremely skeptical of the draw that Ant-Man would be for instance.

Really if you have a compelling story+good direction+characters you are likely to turn anything into a good movie (Social Network for example of a pretty lame source material turned into a compelling movie) unless Ant-Man is just out of this world good I think it is likely there is a cap as too how much it will make though...I'm sure Marvel is aware of this and that is what is taking so long to make the movie

My bad. I'm more or less trying to convey skeptical positivism about the smaller Marvel movies if that makes sense
I gotcha, clearly I misread. Not enough coffee in my system yet.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #37
thalidomide
The Enemy

They have plans until 2015 already?

thalidomide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:27 AM   #38
Beikoku Taichou
Side-Kick

Hypothetically, they could film A2 and A3 back to back, like what was done with Pirates of the Carribean.

I think this may be ideal... Remember that this is also being made to appeal to a larger, non-comic reading audience, so it will be harder to do things like a rotating roster without Joe Moviegoer saying "where did Iron Man go?"

If they want to introduce lesser known characters like Black Panther, they may have to do something like having a portion of the film set in Wakanda.

Beikoku Taichou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #39
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

YAY! Avengers 2 in 2015 I hope so!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:38 PM   #40
ASP001

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
They can't get to Avengers 3 by 2015.
Time isn't an issue. If Marvel have story ideas and they know who they want to work with (production design, VFX etc.) then they can work on it in tandem with Ironman 3, Thor 2 and Captain America 2 and have it ready to roll as soon as Cap 2 wraps. (sorry thought you ment Avengers 2. Definately no Avengers 3 by 2015)

Last edited by ASP001; 04-26-2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: mis-read original quote
ASP001 is offline   Reply With Quote