The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 04-17-2012, 10:52 PM   #76
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: [SPOILERS/SPECULATION] The Mysterious (Post-Credits?) Scene filmed after Premiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
What make you guys think it's a POST credit scene that was filmed the other day? It could have fit into the film at any point.

Thor was spotted in "battle" make-up.

We have seen photos of the entire gang in Central Park in what seems to be the end of the film, so maybe this fits in somewhere in between?
You've got to ask yourself: what's the likelihood of this post-release scene showing up in the theaters? Not bloody likely at all, since most of the reels had already been shipped to Europe and wherever else. *Maybe* the U.S. could get the bonus scene by May 4 (it would have to be earlier, actually, to cover the midnight showings), but again: not likely.

The more likely scenario for this scene --- assuming it exists at all as anything more than "PUNK'D!" --- is that it was shot for a DVD/BR extra, and will not be seen until then.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:31 PM   #77
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: [SPOILERS/SPECULATION] The Mysterious (Post-Credits?) Scene filmed after Premiere

Yeah. I kinda doubt it. If anything, its extra footage. I think the credit scene will just be Thanos. I really am not sold on another after credit scene.

Is it confirmed that another scene was filmed?

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:42 PM   #78
McLovin
Side-Kick

It's possible to just ship out a second film even if after May 4 & have the old deleted

McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #79
McLovin
Side-Kick

Does anyone know medically what organs were hit when he was stabbed? I remember it being just under the heart
Hitting a stomach is not fatal

McLovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:49 AM   #80
cofphoto
Side-Kick

Since it was filmed right after the LA premiere I was guessing it was something that required all of the stars to be together, in the same place at the same time. I thought I had read that it was actually pretty rare during the filming for that to happen, since there really aren't that many scenes that have ALL of them together.

Since I was one of the lucky few to see one of the advance screenings last Saturday, I'm definitely hoping for something new when I see it again on May 4th.

cofphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:52 AM   #81
Matt Mortem
Big Figure

Do we have any other confirmation outside of RDJ?

Matt Mortem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:14 AM   #82
cofphoto
Side-Kick

Oh and also....With the other Marvel movies, I thought the post credit scenes were ALL at the very end of the credits. Why would they change it up and put it in the middle of the credits with Avengers? I mean, unless they are going to put another one at the very end of the credits?

cofphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:30 AM   #83
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Not that I believe the rumors, but in 2008, before the movie was actually released, the movie didn't have the extra Nick Fury scene. I saw an early screening in LA and it didn't have the extra scene with Jackson. Captain America when I saw it early didn't have The Avengers teaser. Iron Man 2 didn't have the Thor scene when I saw it early. The only time I recall it made it into an early screening I saw was the post-credits scene in Thor.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:25 AM   #84
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
Do we have any other confirmation outside of RDJ?

Ruffalo supposedly confirmed it in one of the press briefings and he alluded to it in an interview with RDJ. A journalist reported seeing Chris Hemsworth in an elevator at his hotel covered in ashes, as if he on his way to film a scene. Hemsworth himself said that he was in it, but he may have been joking. Feige was reportedly trying to bat down the rumor. There's really no way to sort it all out because there's been no official confirmation.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:17 AM   #85
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Does anyone know medically what organs were hit when he was stabbed? I remember it being just under the heart
Hitting a stomach is not fatal

While I don't know which organs were hit (and remembering the scene is giving me PTSD flashbacks), it really doesn't matter. There are so many major veins running through the body at that point that a cut to any one of them could cause a person to bleed out internally within minutes.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #86
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofphoto View Post
Since it was filmed right after the LA premiere I was guessing it was something that required all of the stars to be together, in the same place at the same time. I thought I had read that it was actually pretty rare during the filming for that to happen, since there really aren't that many scenes that have ALL of them together.

Since I was one of the lucky few to see one of the advance screenings last Saturday, I'm definitely hoping for something new when I see it again on May 4th.
Let us know on May 5th if there is anything different and where it is in the film?

bubbadoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #87
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
You've got to ask yourself: what's the likelihood of this post-release scene showing up in the theaters? Not bloody likely at all, since most of the reels had already been shipped to Europe and wherever else. *Maybe* the U.S. could get the bonus scene by May 4 (it would have to be earlier, actually, to cover the midnight showings), but again: not likely.

The more likely scenario for this scene --- assuming it exists at all as anything more than "PUNK'D!" --- is that it was shot for a DVD/BR extra, and will not be seen until then.
When the first Terminator film was coming out, the effects for one reel were not delivered until a week before it opened - they printed the rest of the film and then lots of copies of this one reel at the end and all was fine.

The same is possible here.

Where is the first market this opens in and what date?

If they shot on 4-12, edited on 2-13, rushed it through 3D conversion over the weekend, they probably have it cut into the film by now and are striking prints as we sit here and speculate!

Not sure how "likely" but very possible!

bubbadoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #88
Black Kiddo
New User - Level 0

I'm new to these forums but just going to say: Here in Australia it comes out 25th of April - one week away

Black Kiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #89
steintym
Stay Frosty

It would be cool if there was another actual scene filmed, but I'm kind of leaning towards it just being RDJ messing around.

steintym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #90
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
idk. I still am doubting it kind of. And Gosh, I hope its not that coulson is vision. If they change that up, it takes something away from Ultron. Which would maybe mean Ultron isn't used. :/
in a way that would be cool. I can see Gregg's face as Vision.
It would cut out the Human Torch tho, since Ultron made Vision from Original Human Torch parts

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #91
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steintym View Post
It would be cool if there was another actual scene filmed, but I'm kind of leaning towards it just being RDJ messing around.
might be a hint to IM3. I wouldn't be surprised

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 04-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #92
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

Would they have enough time to have it put on the end of the film for international release?

If it isn't for the end of The Avengers my thoughts was that it could be a short film for the Blu-Ray.

RaZaTrOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #93
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Not that I believe the rumors, but in 2008, before the movie was actually released, the movie didn't have the extra Nick Fury scene. I saw an early screening in LA and it didn't have the extra scene with Jackson. Captain America when I saw it early didn't have The Avengers teaser. Iron Man 2 didn't have the Thor scene when I saw it early. The only time I recall it made it into an early screening I saw was the post-credits scene in Thor.
Depends on "when" the screenings take place. Doing a new scene 2-3 weeks before opening, is a weeeee bit suspicious imo.

Regardless, I liked that the scene we got was not at the end of the credits. It would serve Marvel Films better to place it where they did in this screening .... which was a 1 minute or two after the credits roll.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #94
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZaTrOn View Post
Would they have enough time to have it put on the end of the film for international release?

If it isn't for the end of The Avengers my thoughts was that it could be a short film for the Blu-Ray.
These days it could be downloaded to the projector as long as the Hard drive is in it.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 04-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #95
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Depends on "when" the screenings take place. Doing a new scene 2-3 weeks before opening, is a weeeee bit suspicious imo.

Regardless, I liked that the scene we got was not at the end of the credits. It would serve Marvel Films better to place it where they did in this screening .... which was a 1 minute or two after the credits roll.
Both Iron Man 2, Thor, and Captain America were about two weeks before the domestic release. Iron Man in 2008 was the Tuesday before it opened.

- CM Punk
Old 04-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #96
steintym
Stay Frosty

When was that original Fury scene at the end of IM and the Stark scene from TIH shot? I seem to remember the timing to be really short, but don't remember exactly. Probably more than we're talking here, though.

steintym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #97
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I think we all knew that scene was going to be in there. Stark's appearance was featured in the TV spots before it's release. It was being talked about for months before June and especially after Iron Man was such a huge hit.

- CM Punk

Last edited by TheVileOne; 04-18-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #98
ace69
Side-Kick

Well if it isn't after the end credits and is inserted into the movie itself people who have seen the movie before will be able to tell no?

ace69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:36 PM   #99
Matt Mortem
Big Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace69 View Post
Well if it isn't after the end credits and is inserted into the movie itself people who have seen the movie before will be able to tell no?
I don't think they'd do that (at least I hope they won't). I still don't see a new credits scene to be all that necessary. The Avengers is basically perfect and the mid-credits scene blasted my brain out the back of my skull it was so awesome.

Matt Mortem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #100
liveman789
Side-Punch

I actually would find it awesome if it was some sort of sing-a-long between all the Avengers. With Whedon at helm, it's possible. Renner and RDJ DO have singing abilities, who knows if the rest of them do too? "The Avengers sing along featuring a rap by Nick Fury."

And obviously it wouldn't be canon lol. Hopefully.

liveman789 is offline   Reply With Quote