The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 04-17-2012, 03:54 PM   #26
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Default Re: THQ Punisher game (2005)?

The side-scroller-beat-em-up with Nick Fury? Awwww yeah, I played the crap outta that when I was a pup.

I also enjoyed the Nintendo game, albeit with Game Genie attached...

Balthus Dire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #27
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
The side-scroller-beat-em-up with Nick Fury? Awwww yeah, I played the crap outta that when I was a pup.

I also enjoyed the Nintendo game, albeit with Game Genie attached...
i would like to see a remake of the Capcom sidescroller Punisher, that game was great back in the day. Wouldn't hurt to see an updated Punisher and Nick Fury character model, that would do it for me

People on the net would argue about the sky being blue if all other subjects were exhausted. The last suit was beautiful and if how it was made is a problem for them, I suggest they start watching docu-dramas about nuns in the war. You can suspend disbelief about flying and laser eyes and blue men with small penises being able to see time as a whole, but you can't let slide about how someone stitches a leotard. The mind boggles.
Alchemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #28
CapedCrusader14
You're In Carcosa Now

Gah! Seeing this thread pop up makes me want to get this game again!

CapedCrusader14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:54 PM   #29
KingMob
Nothing to see here

This game was awesome, but unfortunately I got in during my freshman year of college, when all of my nerdy interests took a back seat to chicks, booze and bud, so I never finished it. All I remember is duel wielding shotguns. Completely ridiculous and awesome.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:36 AM   #30
marvelman2006
Banned User

I remember my favorite level was the funeral level where your hidden in the coffin and he sits up and massacres the entire mob family and just go room to room with a big ass gun. That game was the perfect depiction of the punisher and much better then the movies.

marvelman2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:42 AM   #31
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

It was badass that they got Tom Jane to do the voice work too.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:53 AM   #32
marvelman2006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
It was badass that they got Tom Jane to do the voice work too.

he did a great job voicing him.

heres the level Im talking about, skip to the 2:55 mark.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #33
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

That level was great, but my favourite was probably the Zoo. Just so many ways to kill dudes it was a blast.

Also loved TJ's voice work.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #34
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I loved that game. It was just a shame there was no follow up and that the Punisher games after that were largely rubbish.

Though I never played the beat 'em up that had Nick Fury as a 2nd player, I can't help but think if they did another Punisher game it would be cool to have him in it too. I know Fury has recruited Castle a few times in the comics (even in Punisher MAX). I think it would be great if they had an espionage angle in the next one, maybe have it start off with Castle going after a Mafia boss only for Fury to interrupt him and recruit him for a Black Ops mission and tease that Castle's Mafia boss is linked to Fury's mission. It would be a great way to touch upon Castle's days with the Marines like they've done at times in the comics.

Just a fan idea.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #35
marvelman2006
Banned User

It was great because they stuck to what makes the punisher great. They didnt shy away from blood, language and violence where they could have and made it wall kid friendly. Like he did a combo where you can use them as a hostage and shoot them in the back of the head when you were done. I need a sequel now or a PSN release dammit.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #36
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

I also loved that they didn't shy away from the Marvel Universe as a whole in the THQ game; it felt very Marvel Knights. It also had a ton of unlockable extras which was fantastic for its time, like the newspaper clippings and comic covers and all that. Unrelated, I really loved the one-liners they gave Frank, too, and most of them were straight out of the comic. I always lol'd when you could use the rhino at the zoo to kill a mobster and Frank says to the rhino: "Good team-up."

Geez I just might have to play through mine again. We need a sequel, like, pronto!!

Old 04-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #37
Alchemyst
Sarah Connor?

All the talk about it in this thread made me go and order it on Amazon, wish they would hurry the **** up and send it.

People on the net would argue about the sky being blue if all other subjects were exhausted. The last suit was beautiful and if how it was made is a problem for them, I suggest they start watching docu-dramas about nuns in the war. You can suspend disbelief about flying and laser eyes and blue men with small penises being able to see time as a whole, but you can't let slide about how someone stitches a leotard. The mind boggles.
Alchemyst is offline   Reply With Quote