The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

View Poll Results: Who will win it all?
Bulls 3 9.09%
Heat 9 27.27%
Spurs 2 6.06%
Thunder 2 6.06%
Celtics 2 6.06%
Hawks 0 0%
Lakers 8 24.24%
Grizzlies 1 3.03%
Magic 0 0%
Knicks 4 12.12%
Nuggets 0 0%
Mavericks 0 0%
Pacers 1 3.03%
Clippers 1 3.03%
76ers 0 0%
Jazz 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 10:29 PM   #76
Mister J
El Jefe de la Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Mister J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Aww, isn't that cute ...BUT IT'S WRONG!!!!!
Posts: 35,951
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

Philly has fallen off a damn cliff. WTF?

__________________
Do you know how many times we've come close to world war three over a flock of geese on a computer screen? Do you know what triggered the last world war? An argument over how many telegraph poles Germany owed its war debt creditors! Telegraph poles! Ha ha ha ha HA! It's all a joke! Everything anybody ever valued or struggled for... it's all a monstrous, demented gag! So why can't you see the funny side? Why aren't you laughing?
Mister J is offline  
Old 04-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #77
L.A.
Side-Kick
 
L.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,528
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
clippers not doing what they are supposed to do
Now they are

__________________
"I Got Nothing But Love for the West Side!" -The Wire
PSN: NOFX27
XBL: NOFX22
L.A. is online now  
Old 04-17-2012, 12:04 AM   #78
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,110
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

I don't think OKC wants anything to do with the Clips in a series. For whatever reason, they seem to have their number.

I think its really CP3, he gets wherever he wants to against Westbrook, not even to score, but just in the paint to distribute and collapse their defense, which he does to most people. But with Westbrook its really bad, he's too overly aggressive to stay with somebody like Paul. I can see another scenario like Dal/GS from a few years ago.


Last edited by Doc Samson; 04-17-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Doc Samson is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 12:08 AM   #79
L.A.
Side-Kick
 
L.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,528
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

I'm calling it now if we meet the thunder in 2nd round were going to the west final

L.A. is online now  
Old 04-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #80
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick
 
Trainwreck2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,059
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

if the spurs win tomorrow, then you get to face the spurs

Trainwreck2100 is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 12:52 AM   #81
Raiden
The Captain
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,368
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
I don't think OKC wants anything to do with the Clips in a series. For whatever reason, they seem to have their number.

I think its really CP3, he gets wherever he wants to against Westbrook, not even to score, but just in the paint to distribute and collapse their defense, which he does to most people. But with Westbrook its really bad, he's too overly aggressive to stay with somebody like Paul. I can see another scenario like Dal/GS from a few years ago.
NBA is all about matchups, and for some reason Clips matched up very well against the Thunder. It's kind of weird because OKC has Westbrook to keep up with CP3, and Durant against Griffin. It could be an interesting series if these two see each other in the playoff.

__________________
Steve Rogers: "You're my friend"
Winter Soldier: "You're my mission"
Steve Rogers: "Then finish it, because I'm with you 'til the end of the line"
Raiden is online now  
Old 04-17-2012, 02:20 AM   #82
L.A.
Side-Kick
 
L.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,528
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
NBA is all about matchups, and for some reason Clips matched up very well against the Thunder. It's kind of weird because OKC has Westbrook to keep up with CP3, and Durant against Griffin. It could be an interesting series if these two see each other in the playoff.
Agreed. I rather see the clippers face the grizz in the first round than the Mavs. and the thunder in the 2nd round than the lakers or spurs

__________________
"I Got Nothing But Love for the West Side!" -The Wire
PSN: NOFX27
XBL: NOFX22
L.A. is online now  
Old 04-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #83
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,245
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

Clippers won't get past the first round no matter who they play. The only player they have to stop really is Chris Paul which is easier said than done. But if you stop him, Blake and Jordan are gone automatically. Butler, Mo, Foye, and Young are scorers in themselves but in a half court set, they are kind of weak. Clippers are easily fool's gold.

__________________
Philadelphia 76ers fans keep the faith!! #RigginforWiggins!! Coming from a Knicks fan. LMAO!
Docker2.0 is online now  
Old 04-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #84
L.A.
Side-Kick
 
L.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,528
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Clippers won't get past the first round no matter who they play. The only player they have to stop really is Chris Paul which is easier said than done. But if you stop him, Blake and Jordan are gone automatically. Butler, Mo, Foye, and Young are scorers in themselves but in a half court set, they are kind of weak. Clippers are easily fool's gold.
Haha not even worth a reply

__________________
"I Got Nothing But Love for the West Side!" -The Wire
PSN: NOFX27
XBL: NOFX22
L.A. is online now  
Old 04-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #85
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,245
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. View Post
Haha not even worth a reply
Mark my words! No matter who the Clippers play, they won't win more than 2 games. It's looking more and more like the Lakers and I can see the Lakers winning EASILY in 4-5 games.

__________________
Philadelphia 76ers fans keep the faith!! #RigginforWiggins!! Coming from a Knicks fan. LMAO!
Docker2.0 is online now  
Old 04-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #86
#1Batmanfan
Side-Kick
 
#1Batmanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,128
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

im marking your words and its the most absurd thing i've read in a while!

__________________
#1 Clippers fan
#1Batmanfan is offline  
Old 04-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #87
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,110
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

I tend to agree. I just think with OKC in particular, the Clippers would give them problems and potentially win the series. However, before it gets there its looking like they might have to beat the Lakers, and obviously I'm biased, but I don't see them doing it. I think they could give the Thunder more trouble than the Lakers could though, its all about matchups and style of play.

Doc Samson is offline  
Old 04-18-2012, 12:06 AM   #88
L.A.
Side-Kick
 
L.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,528
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

With the laker lost we got great shot for three seed

L.A. is online now  
Old 04-18-2012, 08:48 AM   #89
Daniel Thompson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,725
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
Philly has fallen off a damn cliff. WTF?
Yeah they really not trying to make the playoffs now.

Daniel Thompson is offline  
Old 04-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #90
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,245
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Batmanfan View Post
im marking your words and its the most absurd thing i've read in a while!
Call me Docstradomus. They won't beat the Lakers or Memphis in a 7 game series. I'm calling it now: 5 games or a sweep.

__________________
Philadelphia 76ers fans keep the faith!! #RigginforWiggins!! Coming from a Knicks fan. LMAO!
Docker2.0 is online now  
Old 04-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #91
Daniel Thompson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,725
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

I Agree with what Stephan A. Smith said this morning a Knicks/Heat matchup can go to 7 games with the Heat winning but the Knicks will give them a run for there money. Plus who wouldn't want to see an old skool style playoff match between Miami and NY. They had good playoff series in the late 90s and early 2000s.

Daniel Thompson is offline  
Old 04-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #92
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,245
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Thompson View Post
I Agree with what Stephan A. Smith said this morning a Knicks/Heat matchup can go to 7 games with the Heat winning but the Knicks will give them a run for there money. Plus who wouldn't want to see an old skool style playoff match between Miami and NY. They had good playoff series in the late 90s and early 2000s.
I agree with him also, but I can see the Knicks beating them. Spo isn't a good coach and those guys have been winning despite his bone head decisions. When Lebron disappears again, he's not going to sit him down though he's a liability during those spells, where Riley would.

__________________
Philadelphia 76ers fans keep the faith!! #RigginforWiggins!! Coming from a Knicks fan. LMAO!
Docker2.0 is online now  
Old 04-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #93
Daniel Thompson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,725
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
I agree with him also, but I can see the Knicks beating them. Spo isn't a good coach and those guys have been winning despite his bone head decisions. When Lebron disappears again, he's not going to sit him down though he's a liability during those spells, where Riley would.
Knicks do not have enough big men that can grab rebounds which is what will keep them from beating Miami. If they had a few bigs who could rebound I would pick NY in 7 games.

Daniel Thompson is offline  
Old 04-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #94
Lobo
Paige
 
Lobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Between the Lines
Posts: 31,868
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

Woody is now 15-5 since taking over and has yet to lose two in a row. I can only imaging what those twenty games would have been like with Pringles. I'd rather not face Miami in the first round, but that's the most likely scenario :/.

__________________
"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath. And, if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever." ~Warrior

RIP Ultimate Warrior
Lobo is offline  
Old 04-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #95
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 13,690
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

The Knicks have an outside chance of making it to the 6 seed. It's slim but possible. I really don't like their chances against the Heat. The one advantage they'll have is that there's no home court for the Heat since there's a ton of Knicks fans in Miami. I get the feeling that we're killing time until the start of next year.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by braincrusher
I can go number one if I have the hole in the front. I can go number 2 if the hole is to the rear. I have been wearing them with the hole to the rear. Is this correct?
#saveWontkinsMom
runawayboulder is online now  
Old 04-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #96
Raiden
The Captain
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,368
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

I'm pretty impressed with Knicks, having been winning games without their #2 and #3 scorers. I think they can advance to 2nd round but it depends on who they face in the first round.

__________________
Steve Rogers: "You're my friend"
Winter Soldier: "You're my mission"
Steve Rogers: "Then finish it, because I'm with you 'til the end of the line"
Raiden is online now  
Old 04-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #97
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 18,245
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

It's not that the Knicks are so great, it's just that Miami isn't that good this year. There's something wrong with the team and Spo sucks. They barely beat the Knicks when Melo was the only thing going for them. When the Knicks win, I don't want to hear any bandwagon riders say they said from the get go because I'm standing alone on Knick island here!

Docker2.0 is online now  
Old 04-19-2012, 05:26 AM   #98
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated
 
runawayboulder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 13,690
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

Their problem for the first round is that they have no point guard. If they somehow make it to the semi's and Lin comes back, they could make a serious run out of it. But no real PG in a matchup with Miami is gonna hurt them.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by braincrusher
I can go number one if I have the hole in the front. I can go number 2 if the hole is to the rear. I have been wearing them with the hole to the rear. Is this correct?
#saveWontkinsMom
runawayboulder is online now  
Old 04-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #99
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,151
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

They'd be better off against the Heat without Lin and having the offense run more through Melo's hands anyway...

I wouldn't want Lin back until after they play the Heat...

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #100
Erzengel
Hype Award Winner
 
Erzengel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 60,810
Default Re: 2011/2012 NBA Thread : Fire my coach, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
The Knicks have an outside chance of making it to the 6 seed. It's slim but possible. I really don't like their chances against the Heat. The one advantage they'll have is that there's no home court for the Heat since there's a ton of Knicks fans in Miami. I get the feeling that we're killing time until the start of next year.
4 games left, 3 behind Orlando. Possible, but not likely.

__________________
Erzengel is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.