The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #51
PWN3R
mowing lawns
 
PWN3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mr. Cluck's
Posts: 19,955
Default Re: A new Star Trek game! WOOT!


__________________
^ all typoes are intentional


“What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness." - Don Draper

PWN3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #52
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: A new Star Trek game! WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I have three different Shepards. One named Benjamin, one named James, and another named Jean.
You win the thread, sir.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:54 PM   #53
GhostPoet
Side-Kick
 
GhostPoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,447
Default Re: A new Star Trek game! WOOT!

I'm glad to see more developers making Co-Op games. It's one of the funnest gaming experiences. It's why for me, Borderlands is one of the finest gaming experiences EVER. It's also why I preferred it over Oblivion. I'd rather co-op than solo in a large open enviroment.

GhostPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #54
Why Are You Crouching Spock?
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,907
Default Re: A new Star Trek game! WOOT!

I didn't like Borderlands very much. It didn't seem like there was any team work or enough or carrot dangling. It seemed to be art direction without much in the way of personality as well. I honestly can't remember a single characters name or the plot beyond the Halo lady popping up. And that reminded me of Halo, which I also don't like.

Why Are You Crouching Spock? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #55
GhostPoet
Side-Kick
 
GhostPoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,447
Default Re: A new Star Trek game! WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Are You Crouching Spock? View Post
I didn't like Borderlands very much. It didn't seem like there was any team work or enough or carrot dangling. It seemed to be art direction without much in the way of personality as well. I honestly can't remember a single characters name or the plot beyond the Halo lady popping up. And that reminded me of Halo, which I also don't like.
It wasn't really about the plot. It was about gear and adventuring with a friend.

GhostPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:25 PM   #56
Soapy
It's happening again...
 
Soapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: A new Star Trek game! WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Are You Crouching Spock? View Post
I honestly can't remember a single characters name or the plot beyond the Halo lady popping up.
Well... there was that big guy...and the girl...and those other two guys. And the story was great! It was about...um...give me a minute. I remember running around and shooting a bunch of guys and then there was this big tentacle monster and I remember thinking, "What the ****? This is kind of lame."

Okay, maybe you're right.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #57
Why Are You Crouching Spock?
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,907
Default Re: A new Star Trek game! WOOT!

From what I remember of 40 odd hours of playing the enviroments it was mostly barren empty looking land land that looked almost the exact same from zone to zone with only two things that could be upgraded. From what you mentioned about the game I would say games like Guild Wars and World Of Warcraft do a far better job in that regard.

Why Are You Crouching Spock? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:32 PM   #58
Soapy
It's happening again...
 
Soapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: A new Star Trek game! WOOT!

Speaking of Star Trek, all of the television series* are now available for instant streaming on Netflix.

*Except Deep Space Nine.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #59
GhostPoet
Side-Kick
 
GhostPoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,447
Default Re: A new Star Trek game! WOOT!

Soapy, yup! I was on that right away. haha I miss space exploration shows.

On the topic of games...I am really excited for Star Trek: Infinite Space...the free "mmo" coming out. At first I thought it was just an arena shooter, but turns out it's much more more than that. I've been really impressed. Completely blows away Star Trek Online.

GhostPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #60
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side
 
Upset Spideyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 11,698
Default Re: A new Star Trek game! WOOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Speaking of Star Trek, all of the television series* are now available for instant streaming on Netflix.

*Except Deep Space Nine.

I've been watching TOS and TNG for the last week.

Why DS9 is not available is beyond my understanding.

__________________
Cass: Where are we going?
The Doctor: Back of the ship.
Cass
: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.
Upset Spideyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #61
Soapy
It's happening again...
 
Soapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: A new Star Trek game! WOOT!

Isn't Star Trek Online free to play now?

Edit: Deep Space Nine will be available for instant streaming in October by the way.


Last edited by Soapy; 07-08-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #62
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.
 
E-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 12,441
Default Re: A new Star Trek game! WOOT!

They always screw over DS9 for some reason. It's not even on tv like the others are, and that's a shame considering how great that show was. It's probably the only of all the Star Trek shows where I liked every single major character.

__________________
I'm straight up lovable, son.
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:10 PM   #63
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: A new Star Trek game! WOOT!

Probably because it's the darkest of the Trek series, and the least Trek feeling. They didn't even get a starship until season 3.

I mean, just because it had complex storyarcs, significant character depth, the most action...

It's because Sisko's black. Isn't it.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:38 PM   #64
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.
 
E-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 12,441
Default Re: A new Star Trek game! WOOT!

They always gotta hold the brotha down.

__________________
I'm straight up lovable, son.
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #65
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: A new Star Trek game! WOOT!

Holy hell. Avery Brooks and William Shatner in a panel moderated by Kevin Smith at SDCC this year.

Off topic, but I don't care! **** you poor ticket selling systems this year, SDCC!!!

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:44 AM   #66
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 11,652
Default Star Trek Preview: Kirk And Spock Deliver A Co-Op Experience

source:GI

I looked it up all last night and today and didn't find a thread for this so here it is. it's for all systems as well.

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:49 AM   #67
Crockett
With Teeth
 
Crockett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dorne
Posts: 5,950
Default Re: Star Trek Preview: Kirk And Spock Deliver A Co-Op Experience

Guess you didn't search it properly since there's a thread for this already.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=356393

Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #68
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 11,652
Default Re: Star Trek Preview: Kirk And Spock Deliver A Co-Op Experience

yeah I typed to word "star trek game" explicitly and all the search turned were the stuff for the misc of the movies section . it was annoying. cause that's all that was showing up . I wanted to make sure so I'd post if there was a thread. oh well. I'll ask one of the mods to merge this. the search fetcher doesn't always work right. I guess it depends on how active it's been posted on too.


Last edited by zenith16; 04-18-2012 at 09:10 AM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:10 AM   #69
Crockett
With Teeth
 
Crockett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dorne
Posts: 5,950
Default Re: Star Trek Preview: Kirk And Spock Deliver A Co-Op Experience

Did you use advanced search? By only typing the keywords Star Trek and make it only search for threads in the misc. games section only, you would've found it earlier.

Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #70
Donut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,087
Default Re: Star Trek Preview: Kirk And Spock Deliver A Co-Op Experience

Or in the Misc Games Forum use the Search This Forum button instead. That works better then normal search

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #71
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 11,652
Default Re: Star Trek Preview: Kirk And Spock Deliver A Co-Op Experience

usually on most other forums I'd wouldn't have that problem I wouldn't have use advance cause it would show and I justhave pay attention with my eyes. the that way it would really be on me if I missed it some how.

I usually don't do advance unless somehow some changed words like versus - vs . that would be my reasoning for doing so. lol that and doing some times take longer then I'd like and bam some one 's post just cause i was doing all that. it should only take so long the first time around. Now I'm not saying it shouldn't be done. but you should only do so much some times. long hassles I usually avoid them.

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #72
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 11,652
Default Re: A new Star Trek game! WOOT!

Previews

Star Trek Videogame – Creative Director Interview...

source: Ep

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:04 AM   #73
DeGenerate10
Br Ba
 
DeGenerate10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,476
Default Re: A new Star Trek game! WOOT!

I'd love to see a Star Trek game structured after Mass Effect. <3 <3

__________________
Woodrow Wilson? Willy Wonka? ... Walter White?
DeGenerate10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #74
Electro UK
Can't all be for nothing
 
Electro UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Mega-City 01
Posts: 14,306
Default Re: A new Star Trek game! WOOT!

Why did crouching spock get banned? Was it you, Hippie Hunter? WAS IT?!

__________________
"That's what you think, Judge!"
"That's what I know, creep!"
Electro UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #75
Soapy
It's happening again...
 
Soapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: A new Star Trek game! WOOT!

He posted Mass Effect spoilers.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.