Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #176
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBite View Post
Exactly, you are granted a lot more freedom with smaller positions as there isn't as much at stake. In my case writing for a smaller publication means I am not forced to give all high-profile games 90%+ and I get to actually give 100's from time to time without question. As for reviewing it officially, it's a resounding... "maybe". Personally? I could always write one up for fun, after all it gives me far more room to do an in-depth review. I only get one game to review each week, and I believe that when it comes out I might be reviewing Sakaguchi's The Last Story seeing as I believe that the Operation Rainfall games caused a media blitz there for awhile, and I'd like to see what all the hub-bub is. (Xenoblade I gave a perfect score, and that's saying something, I hate JRPGs.)
If you have the time, of course, I think you should write up a review for TASM and post it here. I'm sure many people would enjoy reading it. Myself included.

Quote:
Me too, I really want to see Web Rush, mainly because I don't think I'll use it much. I see that automated systems very frequently have some sort of glitch or... I don't know, some sort of hiccup that happens every once in awhile. Plus, I just really like being in total control.
One of the cool things about the web rush that I've read and listened to in some of Dee Brown's interviews is that you can interrupt the web rush. As you are swinging around the city, and you decide to web rush to the top of a bus, for example, and trigger it, you can interrupt that mechanic at any time and go back to regular swinging or even web rush to a new spot. From what I've heard, the animations that Spidey does are pretty awesome. I like the idea of the web rush because it gives the player the ability to truly utilize Spidey's incredible agility and speed but also do it with pinpoint accuracy. Spidey is so fast he can go from the floor to the wall to the ceiling in the blink of an eye. Web rush gives the player the ability to do this. And just like with just about every other game out there I'm sure there will be some glitches here and there but hopefully Beenox can get all the bugs out prior to launch. The game's content was completed back in November, so they've been doing nothing but polishing since then. Fingers crossed

Quote:
You know, I never thought of it until you said it, but free flow does work much, much better for Spider-man's acrobatics than Batman. I had never thought of that, but I can't wait to see it in action.
I certainly think so. His natural agility coupled with his unique spider sense makes for an excellent application of the counter/dodge mechanics in free flow.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #177
FrostBite
Behind you.

I will definitely rent it if I can't buy it, so you'll probably see a review from me. June/July will be busy for me as Jet Set Radio HD drops, Sonic 4 ep. 2, Anarchy Reigns, The Last Story, Lollipop Chainsaw. As well as still having to finish up Ace Attorney: Investigations, Metroid Prime II & III, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Xenoblade.

Ugh, never thought I'd tell myself I don't have time for videogames. But I really don't with how many there are now. I may have to wait for Spidey to go down, but come June, I'm playing it one way or another, just to get a nice taste.

That's awesome that web-rush can be interrupted, and, actually, I do think I'll probably be using it for indoor segments as it seems to add flexibility to moving around in tight cramped areas. Thank God you've heard more about this game than I have. All has been relatively quiet unless you know where to look I suppose.

A Michael Bay movie isn't bad. It's bad by the cultural standards of western cinema. Why does the Asian market love it? Because they are live action animes. Musclebound heroes, big chested women, grand scale fighting and destruction. Transformers is nothing more than Dragon Ball starring bosses from Kingdom Hearts.

Last edited by FrostBite; 04-17-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #178
spideyguy16
My name is.

Those pre order offers need to start showing up now...

Old 04-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #179
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
I will definitely rent it if I can't buy it, so you'll probably see a review from me.
Sweet. I'll be on the look out.

Quote:
Ugh, never thought I'd tell myself I don't have time for videogames. But I really don't with how many there are now. I may have to wait for Spidey to go down, but come June, I'm playing it one way or another, just to get a nice taste.
Seriously. The problem is, there are so many good games that come out every year and what's worse is that they all seem to come out around the same time. Look at last October thru November...Arkham City, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, etc. Abd there's a bunch more too. Skyrim alone is a never ending game. It feels like I have a second job sometimes; trying to get all these games finished, lol.

Quote:
That's awesome that web-rush can be interrupted, and, actually, I do think I'll probably be using it for indoor segments as it seems to add flexibility to moving around in tight cramped areas. Thank God you've heard more about this game than I have. All has been relatively quiet unless you know where to look I suppose.
I'm obsessed with Spidey so I've been following this game pretty closely. Plus I haven't been this excited for a Spiderman game since SM2. It's not too difficult to find all this info, just some google searches. You can read and watch most of what has been found though just by scrolling back thru the pages of this thread and the previous one. Myself and others have posted pretty much everything we've found.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #180
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyguy16 View Post
Those pre order offers need to start showing up now...
Ditto.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #181
FrostBite
Behind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post

Seriously. The problem is, there are so many good games that come out every year and what's worse is that they all seem to come out around the same time. Look at last October thru November...Arkham City, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Modern Warfare 3, Battlefield 3, etc. Abd there's a bunch more too. Skyrim alone is a never ending game. It feels like I have a second job sometimes; trying to get all these games finished, lol.
Oh yeah, last Oct.-Dec. I sat there saying "Arkham City will be GoTY." Then a few weeks later "Skyrim will be GoTY". Then a few weeks later "Saints Row The Third is more fun than any game I've played in years". Then a few weeks later "Skyward Sword is GoTY". Not to mention my wife and I were hooked on Mario Kart 7 like heroin addicts. My buddies and I have a debate between personal GoTYs, we sat there scratching our heads for weeks.

If you think Skyrim is never ending, Xenoblade has been even worse (in a good way haha) for me. I feel like I've beaten 3 games already, but I'm not even a third of the way through the game. Not too mention there is a lot more narrative. It feels like I am reading a 6,000 page novel.

Quote:
I'm obsessed with Spidey so I've been following this game pretty closely. Plus I haven't been this excited for a Spiderman game since SM2. It's not too difficult to find all this info, just some google searches. You can read and watch most of what has been found though just by scrolling back thru the pages of this thread and the previous one. Myself and others have posted pretty much everything we've found.
Me either, SD was a huge step in the right direction but... this game literally has me on the hype train. I've felt a lot of Spidey's games were guilty pleasures, but this one actually feels like it has a chance of being a legitimately incredible experience that I can't wait to get my hands on. I'll definitely take a look back through the thread to catch up, I had been on the hunt, googling for info but could never find anything except a few impressions.

A Michael Bay movie isn't bad. It's bad by the cultural standards of western cinema. Why does the Asian market love it? Because they are live action animes. Musclebound heroes, big chested women, grand scale fighting and destruction. Transformers is nothing more than Dragon Ball starring bosses from Kingdom Hearts.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #182
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
I haven't been this excited for a Spider-Man game since SM2.
I haven''t since SMWoS, and we all know how that turned to be
I'm glad the PS1 games were the only Spidey games I looked forward to play before that monstrosity, and very thankful they actually delivered

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.

6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #183
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I haven''t since SMWoS, and we all know how that turned to be
I'm glad the PS1 games were the only Spidey games I looked forward to play before that monstrosity, and very thankful they actually delivered
SMWoS was a big letdown. It got a bunch of great previews just like TASM and once the game released it got a lot of bad reviews and even worse, the game itself was just horrible. There's always the possibility we'll end up with a disappointment when TASM releases.

The difference here is Beenox has already made two Spider-man games and will be able to use that experience to make a better game. If they had gone for a huge free roam game right outta the gate, we'd probably have another WoS on our hands for sure. I just don't see it happening. Beenox is better than Shaba imo. Beenox has great overall presentation with their games, they've chosen good voice actors in the past, they hired a professional writer to create the story. They also have a better understanding of Spidey's mythos. Plus Beenox is doing something smart by taking ideas from Arkham and incorporating them into TASM.

I'm trying not to get wrapped up in the hype but it's difficult to not be excited about possibly receiving the Spidey game we've wanted for quite some time. An updated SM2? Sold.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #184
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Now that Darksiders 2 got delayed, TASM really needs to shine. It's now the only game I'm getting in June, and I may not buy another game until August, so hopefully it's awesome.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #185
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

I hope the new mechanics are as good as they sound so we may finally have definitive gameplay mechanics with Spidey, that they would also use in non-movie games

Old 04-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #186
Web face
Side-Kick

Yeah the web rush seems very interesting and promising, especially hearing that it generates a cinematic way to get to a certain spot that would be hard to duplicate. I think web rush could make swinging in Manhattan even cooler than it was in previous games

Old 04-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #187
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

"Just saw the latest cut of our upcoming Web Rush trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man game - pure awesomeness. Can't wait to release it!"

"Oh, and to answer the upcoming question on the Web Rush trailer: it will be released when it will be ready "

You're such a tease.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #188
Web face
Side-Kick

"...it will be released when it will be ready"
That's just cruel to get my hopes up for reveal date and crush it in the same sentence

Old 04-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #189
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
"Just saw the latest cut of our upcoming Web Rush trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man game - pure awesomeness. Can't wait to release it!"

"Oh, and to answer the upcoming question on the Web Rush trailer: it will be released when it will be ready "

You're such a tease.
Nice! Who said this?

Old 04-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #190
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Our man, Dee Brown.

Old 04-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #191
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

I guess he's one fun fan to hang out with

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.

6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #192
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Always teasing us. I can't do this anymore!

Old 04-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #193
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:

You're such a tease.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Web face View Post
"...it will be released when it will be ready"
That's just cruel to get my hopes up for reveal date and crush it in the same sentence
Quote:
Always teasing us. I can't do this anymore!
In all fairness to Dee...I'm sure he's probably getting a little sick of receiving several hundred Tweets from a bunch of whiny, impatient brats, begging him to know when the next trailer will release. And I bet, even though he made that Tweet and said it will be ready when it's ready...there will still be a bunch of douches that will Tweet him and ask him the release date anyway.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #194
Web face
Side-Kick

I was gonna say that I don't have a twitter account and don't do that, so I didn't deserve to be trolled, but I shouldn't have seen that tweet any way.
Me falling victim to some heavy duty teasing is all General Raams fault for bringing that tweet in here

Old 04-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #195
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Every teasing tweet posted by Dee will be posted by me.

Teaser of The Day, brought to you by RAAM!

Old 04-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #196
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Web face View Post
I was gonna say that I don't have a twitter account and don't do that, so I didn't deserve to be trolled, but I shouldn't have seen that tweet any way.
Me falling victim to some heavy duty teasing is all General Raams fault for bringing that tweet in here
I wasn't referring to you. I can just imagine how Dee just may want to pull his hair out sometimes with how impatient and whiny people can be.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #197
Web face
Side-Kick

Oh yes, I know. I was just saying I wouldnt have been teased it all if it weren't for RAAM ( ) jk

If I'm being honest about it though, I saw that I was 7 posts away from getting an avatar

Old 04-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #198
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I need an avatar.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #199
Gwendolyn Stacy
Nerdette

Quote:
I need an avatar.