Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #151
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Default Re: Avengers vs. X-Men: 2012 Event - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
yeah but this looks like it may destroy the planet.

I think the Avengers are just like under the realization its gotta be a "heres how it is" mode..mainly because the xmen have been acting weird and unpredictable for years...and have several supervillians (emma, Magneto, kinda Juggernaut) in their ranks.

I wouldnt trust the destruction of the planet to those X-men right now.

True. Something that could soon have the power of the Phoenix in the hands of Emma Frost, Magneto, Namor, Danger, and Sebastian Shaw.... I can see the questions that might arise. Not to mention others like Random, Erg, and the rest that are still on the island.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
Old 04-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #152
Havok83
Side-Kick

Outside of the setup for Darkchylde and Dr. Strange, my favorite part of the issue was Hope flaying Wolverine...lol

Old 04-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #153
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

I enjoyed the ending.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I figured Hope would go on the run. Obviously Wanda will be the first to find her. I totally forgot that Thor, WM, Val and the Vision weren't on Utopia with the rest of the Avengers, those are some heavy hitters missing.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #154
kguillou
Side-Kick

Man I tell you, i must have been away from the x-books for a while because i hardly recognize any of the mutants on the x-men's side. Who was that guy dressed in white with the guns shooting at Ironman?

Old 04-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #155
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
Man I tell you, i must have been away from the x-books for a while because i hardly recognize any of the mutants on the x-men's side. Who was that guy dressed in white with the guns shooting at Ironman?
Dr.Nemesis

Old 04-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #156
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
yeah but this looks like it may destroy the planet.

I think the Avengers are just like under the realization its gotta be a "heres how it is" mode..mainly because the xmen have been acting weird and unpredictable for years...and have several supervillians (emma, Magneto, kinda Juggernaut) in their ranks.
Yes because Cap never trusts supervillians that reform (Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Wonderman, Namor...)

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #157
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I thought Scott brought up a good point. If Cap wanted to talk things out, he should have come to him and actually tried to talk about things. Instead he came with an army, ready for a war, already with his mind made up about what he was going to do and not taking no for an answer
So because brought the Avengers with him...which doesn't seem that strange...thats a reason to escalate the tension????

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-18-2012, 11:58 PM   #158
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Couldnt Marvel put a better artist on the main titles? The one doing them isnt horrible but there is barely any detail. I feel like everything is blurred half the time.

Quote:
[blackout]
Oh and I wouldnt be surprised if Storm and Panther get a divorce after this
How I pray this happens.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 04-19-2012 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:59 AM   #159
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
So because brought the Avengers with him...which doesn't seem that strange...thats a reason to escalate the tension????
He brought more than just the Avengers with him. He had a SHIELD hellcarrier and at least a dozen fighter jets. I think he felt Cap should have arranged a private meeting with him to discuss the situation and work out the next plan of action together, not show up telling him what to do with an army to back him up. The approach Cap took was a more hostile one than he felt it needed to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Couldnt Marvel put a better artist on the main titles? The one doing them isnt horrible but there is barely any detail. I feel like everything is blurred half the time.
IA. JRJR's art is too simple. Previous big crossovers had much better art on the main series like Copiel on HoM, McNiven on CW, Yu on Secret Invasion, etc...

Old 04-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #160
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

I cannot be the only person to think that the tide turning twist in this will be when Jean Grey returns.

I just seems like that is the most likely thing to happen after all this time.

What would be most interesting is to see how she reacts to how different the Marvel Universe is since she's died.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #161
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac 8 View Post
I cannot be the only person to think that the tide turning twist in this will be when Jean Grey returns.

I just seems like that is the most likely thing to happen after all this time.

What would be most interesting is to see how she reacts to how different the Marvel Universe is since she's died.
Id love to see that happening but IM not getting my hopes up onl to be dissapointed. Its happened so many times already in so many past Marvel stories. I'll beleive it when I see it

Old 04-19-2012, 11:02 AM   #162
Spider-Nerd
Bring on the pressure

Quote:

When she finds out Pete made a deal with the devil to erase his marriage she might destroy the planet.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #163
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

You figure that Civil War, the Secret Invasion, Pete's marriage ending, Storm getting married, Colossus becoming Juggernaut, Cyclops getting busy with Emma, the whole House of M/Utopia/Cyclops militarizing the X-Men/Schism happened while she's been dead.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #164
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

I just had an aggravating thought:

This crossover is going to end with the Phoenix proving itself to be a force for good, showing that nobody in either the Avengers or X-Men had a thing to worry about. And then the writers & editors headling this event will take credit for turning the Phoenix away from evil.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #165
Spider-Nerd
Bring on the pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
I just had an aggravating thought:

This crossover is going to end with the Phoenix proving itself to be a force for good, showing that nobody in either the Avengers or X-Men had a thing to worry about. And then the writers & editors headling this event will take credit for turning the Phoenix away from evil.
character development for a cosmic force? I'm okay with that

Old 04-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #166
Franklin Richards
Banned User

Quote:
You figure that Civil War, the Secret Invasion, Pete's marriage ending, Storm getting married, Colossus becoming Juggernaut, Cyclops getting busy with Emma, the whole House of M/Utopia/Cyclops militarizing the X-Men/Schism happened while she's been dead.
Jean Grey : Agent of SHIELD

Old 04-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #167
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Nerd View Post
character development for a cosmic force? I'm okay with that
It's hardly a new development when Jean, Rachel, Korvus, the Stepfords, and Professor X have all proven that the Phoenix is a force for good several times.

But now Hope is going to do it at the end of this event (I assume), and everyone is going to act like this is the first act of kindness the Phoenix has ever committed.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #168
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

My prediction on the event:

yea, them assuming the Phoenix Force is evil is jumping the gun quite a bit considering several characters (as you said) have used the power of the PF for good for a very long time.

There will be a catalyst in this where the heroes will find out that they need to work together, and I'm sure that it'll be because the PF is actually lightswitch evil this time. Then when all hope seems to be lost, Jean Grey will show up and contain it.

That is how I am predicting this event will work.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #169
Havok83
Side-Kick

My prediction?
I think Scarlet Witch is going to use the Phoenix's power via Hope to undo M-Day. The PF can immensely amplify ones powers and Hope can mimic mutant abilities. I think Wanda is gonna have her mimic her reality altering powers to extend its reach to every former mutant on the planet and reactivate their X-gene. I think Wanda is going to specifically seek her out bc she is desperate to redeem herself for what she did in HoM.

Cyclops and the X-men get what they wanted by having Hope being the messiah for all mutant kind but on the flipside, alot of evil mutants are now active again and they are going to have to deal with threats that went away. With mutantkind no longer a dying race, alot of mutants who seemingly pledge loyalty to him and Utopia will turn their backs on him bc they no longer need the safe haven.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #170
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

Quote:
My prediction?
I think Scarlet Witch is going to use the Phoenix's power via Hope to undo M-Day. The PF can immensely amplify ones powers and Hope can mimic mutant abilities. I think Wanda is gonna have her mimic her reality altering powers to extend its reach to every former mutant on the planet and reactivate their X-gene. I think Wanda is going to specifically seek her out bc she is desperate to redeem herself for what she did in HoM.

Cyclops and the X-men get what they wanted by having Hope being the messiah for all mutant kind but on the flipside, alot of evil mutants are now active again and they are going to have to deal with threats that went away. With mutantkind no longer a dying race, alot of mutants who seemingly pledge loyalty to him and Utopia will turn their backs on him bc they no longer need the safe haven.
Truth be told, it could very well be a mixture of both of our predictions. We'll see though.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #171
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

Quote:
My prediction?

Not only would I like to see that happen, but I'd also like the twist that the depowered mutants turn up with the wrong powers.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #172
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Truth be told, it could very well be a mixture of both of our predictions. We'll see though.
I think so. My scenario could be more of the second Act stuff with yours being the end scenario for how it finally ends.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #173
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

3 things I want to see come out of the conclusion of AvX:

1. Jean Grey back finally.

2. All mutants re-powered and a full blown return to normalcy for the X-Men line.

3. Wanda back on her rightful place as a key member of the Avengers.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #174
Spider-Nerd
Bring on the pressure

I'm lukewarm to the idea of "normalcy" for the x-men. While it hasn't been pretty I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the x-men moving past their, "we're a school for gifted youngsters". I think the way it's set up right now with Scott's team and Logan running the school is a good mix of old and new. Granted I'd prefer it if the two sides had more of an uneasy truce rather than the way it's been portrayed in AvX but I supposed you can't win them all.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #175
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I'm currently not thawed on the idea of
Jean Grey returning.

However, I like the above scenarios, particularly the one involving Hope & SW.

Closed Thread