The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

View Poll Results: Do you want to put an end on their marriage?
Yes 20 62.50%
No 10 31.25%
Uncertain 2 6.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2012, 08:00 PM   #76
BLACKVULCAN
Token Black Superfriend

Default Re: Is it The End for Storm and Black Panther?

iiiiIIIII personally dont mind being pandered too.. especially if she's a hot ass blonde.hehe
i thought all the black heroes hanging together in Naw'lins was awesome! the only thing cooler would have been if Iron Fist tagged along and they rode off in a convertible Cadillac. with blade saying " who's token white dude is this?? with Luke saying he's mine! and they went to have brewskis all together somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekin View Post
Reality check, mate. Black people are still a minority, black heroes are still a minority.

right on baby!

and especially when the iron "MAN" Keep killing us off... like my brother Giant man!
but anyways my 2 1/2 cents!
this whole marriage is more a sham than Michael Jackson's and Marie Presley was. I hate it! He needs to be with Monica or maybe hellcat ( so they can go off and have" Hell panthers" or kittens together!)
storm over the years has increasing got on my nerves. i think it started went she went in the sewers and came back dressed in leather with a Mohawk trying to be cool.
Panther should have told *her ass to get in the kitchen and fix him some grits!! i think it needs to be dissolved! Panther could do alot better!! Hell he'sthe king man! it's good to be the king!

*i kidd! i kidd! in no way does Black Vulcan thinks chicks should be in the kitchen making grits.... it should be bacon! hehe

Old 05-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #77
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

I need more opinions for this thread/poll

Old 05-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #78
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

What are you writing a thesis? My opinion is this thread hit the wall. Take my word for it, the general consensus is the marriage was a lousy idea to begin with.

#saveWontkinsMom
runawayboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #79
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
What are you writing a thesis? My opinion is this thread hit the wall. Take my word for it, the general consensus is the marriage was a lousy idea to begin with.
What BV posted is no different from any other of his posts. Just shake your head yes and say I agree.

As for the topic, yeah the marriage was a horrible idea, just like getting rid of Spidey. BP should be single, not hitched. And Storm just has not been the same since they married.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #80
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

I wasn't talking about Black Vulcan, I was talking to RLAAMJR.

#saveWontkinsMom

Last edited by runawayboulder; 05-08-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:31 AM   #81
BLACKVULCAN
Token Black Superfriend

what the hell did i do? i just commented with my usually flair and charm! geez! it always has to be the token black superhero! hahahaha

Old 05-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #82
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKVULCAN View Post
what the hell did i do? i just commented with my usually flair and charm! geez! it always has to be the token black superhero! hahahaha
Dammit, I meant to type "wasn't".

I edited it, sorry for the confusion BV.

#saveWontkinsMom
Old 05-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #83
BLACKVULCAN
Token Black Superfriend

oh ok i gotcha. carry on! hehe

Old 05-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #84
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
BP should be single, not hitched. And Storm just has not been the same since they married.
While I think T'Challa and Ro's marriage has been laughably bad, I disgree with one of your reasons. I don't see any reason why Black Panther can't be married, so long as the marriage is properly set up, makes sense, and adds something to his character rather than derails his comic.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #85
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

It was me BV and I make no bones about!

Docker2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #86
BLACKVULCAN
Token Black Superfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
It was me BV and I make no bones about!
I know its only cause you care doc ole pal! One of these days I am going to say "Doc's a __________ "and see if you just nod your head in agreement! Hehe.I can't help it, if I am old and reference crap that you guys have no idea about other than "angry birds!"....and talk about panther and storm's sorry ass marriage for heaven sake!! Will ya!!!theres a thesis to be wriiten!

Old 05-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #87
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
While I think T'Challa and Ro's marriage has been laughably bad, I disgree with one of your reasons. I don't see any reason why Black Panther can't be married, so long as the marriage is properly set up, makes sense, and adds something to his character rather than derails his comic.
Eh, I don't know. With him being a superhero, a king, and whatever else he is, all marriage will do is slow him down and age him. I think he could get marriage but not right now......even though Marvel characters don't age but when he's older.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #88
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

I don't get all this "it ages the character" crap. What's wrong with characters getting older? And how exactly does marriage do that? In most places, you're old enough to get married in your teens.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:43 AM   #89
Harlekin
Business

It's not like the Panther was that much of a swinging bachelor anyway.

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #90
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
I don't get all this "it ages the character" crap. What's wrong with characters getting older? And how exactly does marriage do that? In most places, you're old enough to get married in your teens.
It's not an age issue with anyone but Spider-Man (even though he's never been older than his mid-20s, but that's another can of worms). It's a story limitation issue. Frankly, most writers are afraid of marriage because it keeps them from doing clichťd romance soap opera stories. It never ceases to amaze me that these same writers--many of whom are married themselves--can't somehow find just as many stories to tell about married life as single life, but there it is.

Old 06-24-2012, 04:19 AM   #91
RLAAMJR.
Ororo Munroe's Boyfriend

Default Comments from Linwood Knight & Greg DAE on Storm & Black Panther Marriage

Here's the article link: http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...res/20010.html

Feel free to comment.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #92
WOLVERINE25TH
The Best There Is

Default Re: Comments from Linwood Knight & Greg DAE on Storm & Black Panther Marriage

They called it, the biggest failing of the marriage was the timing and the writer. Hudlin didn't handle it the way it should have been, and it was rushed to the pages for whatever reason with absolutely no build up. And retroactive history does NOT compensate for that.

But, I will give props that under the right writers, as McDuffie proved, the marriage could work and almost FEEL organic. That FF run was good stuff, and felt like a throwback to Waid and Ringo's fun FF run. But, there are very few writers who are willing to put much effort in an idea they can't get behind. Look at the Spidey marriage: how many of the dozens of writers since glossed over and sterilized it?

If the marriage had a proper build-up, or even the right writer behind its offset, it would have been better received and worked. But, as such, it was just another editorial mandate shoved down reader's throats to generate brief sensationalized sales.

WOLVERINE25TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #93
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm merging these threads, they're far too similar, from the same starting poster nonetheless.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #94
DarKush
Side-Kick

Default Re: Comments from Linwood Knight & Greg DAE on Storm & Black Panther Marriage

I didn't get that the timing and writing of the marriage by Mr. Hudlin was the biggest failing of the marriage. They did critique Hudlin, but they also critiqued many of the writers and Marvel that came after Hudlin for their handling or mishandling of the marriage. Though I think the history Priest established worked well enough to support the idea of them being married, Marvel did supplement that with the Eric J. Dickey Storm/Panther miniseries fleshing out their early meeting. Though I think Hudlin did have a good feel for their marriage (I reread his Civil War trade several months back and I got a new appreciation for how Hudlin handled their interaction). Where I think the bigger failing has been is how the marriage has largely been handled after Hudlin's exit.

I enjoyed the article. I thought it covered just about all of the writers/eras of the marriage thus far in addition to schooling me about what's going on with AvX. I've largely stopped reading Marvel and was waiting until the trades to really give AvX a chance. I'm disappointed with how AvX is addressing the marriage. A shame that Marvel doesn't get how great this marriage can be. And I like how the guys who wrote the article pointed out how the marriage has been beneficial to both T'Challa and Storm, giving them some shine whereas they might have been left even more on the margins without it.

Last edited by DarKush; 06-24-2012 at 11:06 AM.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #95
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

I found myself disagreeing with that article a bit. Asides from McDuffie doing an excellent job on writing the marriage, no other writer IMO did a good job with it either.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #96
Diamondhead
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
I read that, and wow, what a ****** comic. Not only is it terrible, but I really do get the feeling that Marvel writers nowadays don't seem to have ever read any Marvel Comics.
Exactly! they're hiring people who don't have no clues or never really read any superhero comic books before and they think they can come and do things their ways and what's really bothers me is that they are getting paid by stealing tons of ideas from guys like me.
After all that's why superhero hype was created for but it's also a good way to register your ideas by letting them out in a way.

(Too bad it wasn't around decades ago because so many people has stolen so many of my ideas without paying for it)

I notice that even some renowned professional barely had any previous knowledge of a character before writing about it too.
Thatís why so many characters such as Superman are in a mess.

As for Black Panther and Storm!
Itís simply a brand new trend, itís as if black men and black women are not allowed to be together anymore and they are promoting it anyway they can.

Diamondhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #97
Diamondhead
Banned User

It happened to Mr. Fantastic and Sue STORM decades ago but the Sub-mariner was "betweens them".
Now what!
Wolverine maybe! (Because of Hugh Jackman and Hally Berry in the same movie time and time again) not that anything ever really happened betweens them characters
Certainly not that other guy (I forgot the name but he could assemble things and he had a mechanical shiny leg.)
Anyways it is predictable. They should come up with a better scenario.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #98
Diamondhead
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
The Silver Surfer should've been in it because the power cosmic is awesome against vampires. It's awesome against anyone, really, but I have yet to see a vampire take a cosmic powered blast to the face, and I believe that it's time for something like that to happen.
Man! Iím so fed up of second rated vampires
The only vampire I acknowledge Is Dracula.
And all the others pathetic copy should fade away.
Those vampire movies out there are getting sooo ridiculous.
Anyone thinking of making any more vampire crappy stuff
just to show some ridiculous fangs has simply a lack of imagination.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #99
Thor The Mighty
Side-Kick

It seems like Marvel does not like marriage or mature storylines anymore. Well this is the Quesada era isn't it.

Thor The Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #100
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Personally, I like the marriage but it's not been handled very well. I'd rather they worked on making it better than get rid of it but that's too hard apparently. As Thor just said, Marvel doesn't like marriage or mature storylines anymore. It's easier to just be rid of something than to actually build upon it.

Because obviously, when there's marital problems, knocking out the wife during a stupid war among friends is the best course of debate.

Marvel: The House of Morons.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote