The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 04-22-2012, 04:08 AM   #76
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: The Official "Get Marvel's Rights Back!" Thread

I don't mind if Marvel gets all the rights back but not X-MEN! I love FOX for bringing us the X-Men movies and Marvel Studios already has a lot of movie projects in their hands and for them to have X-Men too would just feel too much for me I guess.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #77
hegemony
Newbie First Class

Fox wants to do New Mutants in addition to First Class 2, Wolverine, and X-men 4-5.
http://collider.com/new-mutants-movi...othman/162192/

hegemony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #78
bullets
bang bang

X-Men aren't going back to Marvel but at least Daredevil and Fantastic Four should be. I haven't heard anything in awhile about either of those two.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #79
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

with a movie as big and good as TA in their back, MS should grow some balls and demand the rights for DD and FF back

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #80
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
with a movie as big and good as TA in their back, MS should grow some balls and demand the rights for DD and FF back
It's not a question of "balls" but of honoring the terms of the deals [good or bad] that were made when Fox took the risk and optioned these unproven properties.

Funny, "balls" can used on this site but apparently not "*****ing"...wtf?

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #81
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
It's not a question of "balls" but of honoring the terms of the deals [good or bad] that were made when Fox took the risk and optioned these unproven properties.

Funny, "balls" can used on this site but apparently not "*****ing"...wtf?
maybe because balls is usually a term used to describe round objects mostly used in sports, whereas *****ing is not?

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #82
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegemony View Post
Fox wants to do New Mutants in addition to First Class 2, Wolverine, and X-men 4-5.
http://collider.com/new-mutants-movi...othman/162192/
yes, why not **** up New Mutants as well? Ugh.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #83
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
X-Men aren't going back to Marvel but at least Daredevil and Fantastic Four should be. I haven't heard anything in awhile about either of those two.
Speak of the devil.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/04/27...r-tom-rothman/

On the positive side Trank is a good director and Fox seems to have turned a new leaf. So I don't think he'll really be artistically castrated.

The negative side is that Silver Surfer and Galactus are still over at Fox and they would work incredibly well in the MCU.

Oh well.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #84
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

I don't know. FF rumors have been so up and down over the past several years, and now Rothman is "hopeful". Thankfully, I don't think it really bodes well for that franchise at Fox.

It is frustrating though, not knowing when these contracts actually expire. There was a recent interview with Feige and Ruffulol in which Feige stated that the contracts with other studios deal in "years and decades". That "decades" part made me a little queasy... lol

ゴジラ
kaijunexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #85
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Speak of the devil.

On the positive side Trank is a good director and Fox seems to have turned a new leaf. So I don't think he'll really be artistically castrated.

The negative side is that Silver Surfer and Galactus are still over at Fox and they would work incredibly well in the MCU.

Oh well.
i'd actually like to see what they can do with a FF reboot

just because the rights revert back to Marvel doesn't mean we'll see the movies anytime soon....Blade or Punisher anyone???

with the rights being spread across a few studios it means we get more superhero movies....if any of the other properties reverted they wouldn't start work on them until 2017 or beyond

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #86
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
i'd actually like to see what they can do with a FF reboot

just because the rights revert back to Marvel doesn't mean we'll see the movies anytime soon....Blade or Punisher anyone???

with the rights being spread across a few studios it means we get more superhero movies....if any of the other properties reverted they wouldn't start work on them until 2017 or beyond
I'm okay with waiting, as long as we know these characters will be integrated into the greater Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quite frankly, I don't care about non-MCU movies featuring Marvel characters anymore. I did when there was nothing else, but now that we have a Marvel-controlled movie universe, why look back?

I can't help but see Sony and Fox's Marvel films as "inauthentic" now that we have an official MCU. To me, they are independant interpretations of the characters, while those in the MCU are official canon.

Even if a Sony or Fox movie is great, I still don't have the interest for it that I would for an MCU film. For instance, X-Men: First Class was awesome! I loved it! But it still felt like a cool independent superhero film to me than an "X-MEN" film, as it would if it were done by Marvel Studios.

Anyone else feel this way?

ゴジラ
Old 04-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #87
roach
I am the night

I support superhero movies regardless of who puts them out

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #88
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

even if they don't get the rights, i don't see how the studios can't work together. i mean, those characters are still marvel property right? so why not have spidey or wolverine have cameos in avengers films?

ЯɘvlveR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #89
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

The film versions of those characters aren't Marvel property.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #90
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
even if they don't get the rights, i don't see how the studios can't work together. i mean, those characters are still marvel property right? so why not have spidey or wolverine have cameos in avengers films?
Even though it's all Marvel properties, and any superhero movie doing well is good for the genre as a whole....these studios are still in competition, and they would probably see featuring or hinting at another studio's characters as free advertising for their competitors.

ゴジラ
Old 04-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #91
roach
I am the night

because of money and lawyers

Old 04-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #92
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
maybe because balls is usually a term used to describe round objects mostly used in sports, whereas *****ing is not?
I guess I pay more attention to context -

A "*****" is just a female dog, where's the harm in using a word like that? How I was using it was just another term for griping, much less "offensive" than a term for testicles - but what ever...

Old 04-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #93
roach
I am the night

just found out in the DD thread that Fox just renewed the rights and they have a writer

Old 04-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #94
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
just found out in the DD thread that Fox just renewed the rights and they have a writer
As angry and frustrated I am by this turn of events, it does enlighten us to the fact that these contracts can apparently be renewed by simply paying for the option.

Previously, I believe it was assumed by everyone that the rights would automatically revert if a film wasn't produced in set amount of years. But unfortunately, it's now apparent that these companies can simply throw some cash at Marvel and retain the rights indefinitely...

ゴジラ
Old 04-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #95
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

Quote:
Speak of the devil.

Oh well.
I wish Marvel had some sort of power to veto upcoming ideas from hack studios such as Fox.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #96
Project862006
Banned User

marvel cant even give us a 1st black panther,doctor strange,iron fist,ant man,etc.

i say focus on those before they even try for reboots for rights they wont get back lol

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #97
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Well I said this a while back but Marvel actually has a pretty good relationship with both Fox and Sony. They feel somewhat indebted to them seeing as they basically bailed them out from having to declare bankruptcy in the 90's.

That's why they haven't really aggressively pursued a lot of these franchises back into their grip. However as Disney's influence spreads over Marvel those ties will soon become a thing of the past.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #98
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
I wish Marvel had some sort of power to veto upcoming ideas from hack studios such as Fox.
um...they do. They are part of the process

Old 04-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #99
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Well I said this a while back but Marvel actually has a pretty good relationship with both Fox and Sony. They feel somewhat indebted to them seeing as they basically bailed them out from having to declare bankruptcy in the 90's.

That's why they haven't really aggressively pursued a lot of these franchises back into their grip. However as Disney's influence spreads over Marvel those ties will soon become a thing of the past.
i don't know why people think Marvel and Fox are enemies

Old 04-28-2012, 12:04 AM   #100
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:

I thought Toy Biz bought Marvel at this time, and that's what got them out of the bankruptcy thing...and gave Avi control of these characters...