The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #601
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Default Re: Justice League Status Updates Thread

I want live action too, but I was just saying if its taking them so long and they keep dragging their feet what might speed things up to maybe even getting it done within 2 years would be animated, with motion capture and fully rendered like Tin Tin. Maybe even make it look as photo realistic as possible.

But i would prefer live action too, its just taking them so long.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #602
roach
I am the night

they may be dragging their feet now but when Avengers comes out and does good I can guarantee JLA plans will start to form

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #603
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
they may be dragging their feet now but when Avengers comes out and does good I can guarantee JLA plans will start to form

Old 04-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #604
roach
I am the night

Chuck Norris doesn't lie

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #605
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I just thought they were dragging their feet because they have so many characters the studio is unsure about. They aren't sure about Wonder Woman, wanted to make a movie with Whedon and didn't, then tried to make a TV series and that didn't work out, seem to be dragging their feet with her character. Flash hasn't be used in live action since that tv series in the early 90s. Green Lantern almost became a movie about a generic hero starring Jack Black and then was made into a movie starring Ryan Renolds that didn't do so well. They almost did a JLA film a while back, had the cast, but didn't. There was questions about whether or not they would make solo tie in movies like the Avengers. It just feels like they aren't sure about it as a franchise.
I hope you are right, that the Avengers will give them the kick in the butt they need.

Also, the other idea behind it being animated was that there wouldn't be the concern that Bale wouldn't be cast as Batman or that Henry Cavill wouldn't be Superman. If it was CG they might do the voices but if not no one would really notice because it would all be CG. You could cast James Earl Jones as Martian Manhunter even. Just my ideas.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #606
roach
I am the night

Hollywood is a copy cat business...which is why so many studios have superhero/comic properties...i am willing to bet more team movies come out of this

Old 04-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #607
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
They could always have the majority of the public trust them, then they could also show that there is a faction that is very very vocal and loud about their mistrust, and then also show that while some of the government trust them, many do not. And All the government, even those who trust them, are taking steps to ensure they can stop them if they need to.
So you have a loud faction of the public who don't trust them, while most of the public would, and the entire government is unsure of them.
They can show they aren't completely trusted without making it another X-Men film. Its possible. In the X-Men movies mutants were almost completely hatred and feared. There were no signs of mutant supporters. In the JLA film maybe all it would take is to show that not everyone fears them.
IOW, you just made the villain of the movie "the US government." This is not an improvement.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #608
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

No, if the villains are the OMACs the source of their creation would be the US Government, but then maybe the robots are manipulated into evil by Max Lord.
What I was saying it that you can show that many government officials don't trust them, while others do. But the ones who trust them still want to make sure the public would be protected from them if anything goes wrong. Their first duty is to the people, not the superheroes.
So that is what you would show, there is trust and a lack of trust in the government, leading to precautions that are put into place, but then someone steps in and pushes his own agenda forward.

If the enemy are invading White Martians then all you have set up is that the government is unsure of the JLA and are putting the public's needs first.
All I was saying is that the Government wouldn't completely trust them. And that lack of trust could lead into the story or just set up the mood of the film.

Its reasonable to think that the Government may try to control the situation if the heroes went rogue. They would have to consider the possibility that the JLA could one day decide to take over the world. Even if its like Supreme Power where they do it for the best of reasons. Superman could say from now on we enforce the laws and decide who is guilty or not because we were they to stop them in the act. Luther was clearly guilty and thats why I had to kill him. Like Batman's fail safe plans in Tower of Bable that get used by evil, the Government could come up with plans on how to stop the JLA if they need to that get manipulated by evil. Doesn't make them the bad guys.

Last edited by Artistsean; 04-27-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #609
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Distrust of superhumans is, by and large, not a strong theme in the DCU. Nor should it be; the setting is *supposed* to be brighter and more optimistic than Marvel. Yes, I know, the reboot seems to go for lots of fear and distrust. . . but that's part of why I think the reboot is a bad thing. Its DC aping Bad 90s Marvel.
1) The setting of DC is *not* supposed to be brighter or optimistic than MArvel. I just don't think thats true at all and I dont think there is even evidence of that
2) Metahuman paranoia is *not* just a "Bad 90s Marvel" idea it's been seen even today in Marvel's media and in DC media

WHo do you think the villains should be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post
They were trusted when they were called the Superfriends. Batman was trusted in the 1970-80's cartoons. They were trusted when the Justice League show was called the Super Power Hour, the first time Cyborg was featured as a character. The Flash TV character was generally trusted by the public.
3) *Nothing* should be taken from Super Friends other than the basics that it's about superheroes coming together. And I think I can speak for most fans that they want this to be as different from all the shows you mentioned as possible. Those were all kiddy shows, most people want something more mature. Im not saying kids shouldnt be able to watch a live action JL but it shouldnt be a PG affair like the shows you mentioned
4) I think youre *misunderstanding* what I think the public distrust should be. Im saying that I think the public should be fine with the league. *Theyre heroes*. But I think there should be of government group who are meant to come up with a contingency plan for if the heroes go rogue
Look at it this way, the superheroes are so powerful that they could be seen as nukes. The US and other countries have plans for what to do if *nukes* come into play from another country.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #610
Blackman
C'mon Son

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #611
Antonello Blueberry
Inglorious bastard

The Avengers is doing great numbers here in Europe and the movie is really fun and spectacular. If they go back to this Justice League movies, some rewrites will be needed. The whole Talia-vengeance subplot will be used in the new Batman movie, so it has to go and be replaced with something worth story-wise. John Stewart should be replaced by Hal Jordan and a solo Flash movie introducing Barry Allen could be helpful. And I'd lose Aquaman.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #612
Rockstar
Banned User

Ideally , I'd go with:

Batman

Superman (MoS version)

Flash

Green Lantern/Hal (rebooted)

Hawkman

Hawkgirl

Steel

I'd keep it very gritty and grounded in reality. Hawkman, Hawkgirl and Green Lantern would wear badass militeristic armor like Nolan's Batman. There would be technological and scientific explanations behind everyone's powers.

I believe that's the best way for JL to not come off like an Avengers ripoff but have it's own feel in alignment with the BB/TDK.

The New 52 version of Steel is awesome:

They could do some crazy action sequences with him. Much better than Cyborg.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #613
protocida
Side-Kick

Dark gritty Justice League... Doesn't work.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #614
Rockstar
Banned User

It can. It just requires some reinterpretation.

I'm getting the impression they've reinterpreted Superman the same way for MoS and it will go over well.

Old 04-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #615
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I'd keep it very gritty and grounded in reality. Hawkman, Hawkgirl and Green Lantern would wear badass militeristic armor like Nolan's Batman.
You're kidding, right?

Old 04-28-2012, 12:03 PM   #616
LOBO1981
New User - Level 0

It was totally awesome to see a good cartoon representation of LOBO The Main Man on YOUNG JUSTICE today. Hopefully we will see more of him in the future as he and SUPERMAN have such a history

Old 04-28-2012, 12:04 PM   #617
Rockstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
You're kidding, right?
Nope. Think Green Lantern from Mortal Kombat VS DC.

An armored suit in live action for him could look amazing. They could use practical LED lighting on the suit, akin to Tron, for the ring light effects.

The way they CGI-ed the suit in the Ryan Reynolds film was painfully bad.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #618
roach
I am the night

i would prefer a non gritty and grounded in reality JLA

WW has to be on the team

Old 04-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #619
protocida
Side-Kick

Man of Steel isn't "dark and gritty". It's a serious movie, like, let's say, X-Men: First Class, that puts Superman in the 21st century. That is acceptable.

Everyone wearing armors and being completelly joyless is not.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:10 PM   #620
roach
I am the night

while i didn't like the CGI suit in GL...the idea behind it was awesome. I don't know who did the CGI but if the got someone like ILM they could improve the suit

Old 04-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #621
Rockstar
Banned User

I think Wonder Woman is WB/DC's toughest character to put onscreen. They seem to have no clue how to handle her.

I'm forced to agree with Jaimie Alexander who said that a lot of that has to do with the character being pretty lame.

I don't think WW will ever break out of development hell when it comes to her film. The studio doesn't seem to have any faith in WW as a marketable character.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #622
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Nope. Think Green Lantern from Mortal Kombat VS DC.
Oh, okay. I thought you were talking about taking away his powers and/or limiting his abilities to make the film more "realistic."

Quote:
An armored suit in live action for him could look amazing. They could use practical LED lighting on the suit, akin to Tron, for the ring light effects.
The First Flight suit was pretty good. I wouldn't mind something like John Stewart's Young Justice outfit, either.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #623
Rockstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
while i didn't like the CGI suit in GL...the idea behind it was awesome. I don't know who did the CGI but if the got someone like ILM they could improve the suit
I'm forced to disagree there. I think it turned much of the general audience away from the film.

Seeing Ryan's head in a completely animated world (on Oa) was just too obviously fake.

It was as bad as the Lucas Star Wars prequels. Perhaps worse. ILM wouldn't help matters.

The concept, in itself, of CGI-ing everything was flawed.

It blows my mind how we could have gone from TDK to this:

Old 04-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #624
roach
I am the night

I don't see how WW is harder to do than Thor.....both come from a society based on mythology...both come into our world to be heroes

I don't think the character is lame...i think people can't stop thinking about the Linda Carter series which was pretty lame

Old 04-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #625
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Wonder Woman can be done; she just has to be done right.

Easier said than done.

Closed Thread