The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 04-20-2012, 06:40 AM   #76
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Default Re: Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

So in his latest interview on the front page, Kevin Fiege says Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are a possibility, provided they use them before Fox does for an X-Men movie...

I certainly hope Marvel gets them in the next Avengers film. Although apparently an X-Men: First Class sequel is already underway. If Fox doesnt use Wanda and Pietro, marvel really needs to jump on it and include them in the Next Avengers movie.

I'd love the sequel to introduce them AND the Pyms, out on a mission alongside Cap and Hawkeye, although i'm not sure how all those characters would fit alongside Thor, Iron Man, and Hulk. That's a big line up, and i really don't see Marvel/Disney leaving Downey and Hemsworth out...

But anyway; wouldnt it be a good kick in the nuts to DC if Marvel gets THEIR speedster up on the big screen before DC gets The Flash out there?

Last edited by Kirk Langstrom; 04-20-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Kirk Langstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:29 AM   #77
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

^ Honestly, Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch aren't really that high my list I'd rather see the Pyms, Black Panther, Vision, and Ms. Marvel before them.

Although they are alot higher than most of the other Avengers that are absent in The Avenges movie.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #78
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStacy View Post
So in his latest interview on the front page, Kevin Fiege says Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are a possibility, provided they use them before Fox does for an X-Men movie...

I certainly hope Marvel gets them in the next Avengers film. Although apparently an X-Men: First Class sequel is already underway. If Fox doesnt use Wanda and Pietro, marvel really needs to jump on it and include them in the Next Avengers movie.
Feige never said anything about it being an either-or, first-come first-served basis for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. He simply said that both Marvel and Fox can use the characters. It's theoretically possible to see two sets of Wanda/Pietro in XMFC and Avengers, played by different actors, having no crossover continuity into either franchise.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #79
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Feige never said anything about it being an either-or, first-come first-served basis for Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. He simply said that both Marvel and Fox can use the characters. It's theoretically possible to see two sets of Wanda/Pietro in XMFC and Avengers, played by different actors, having no crossover continuity into either franchise.
Yes, listening more closer, it appears you're correct.

Cool. Hopefully we'll see them in Avengers first.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #80
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Surely they'd have to explain the whole mutant situation?

Old 04-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #81
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Quote:

But anyway; wouldnt it be a good kick in the nuts to DC if Marvel gets THEIR speedster up on the big screen before DC gets The Flash out there?
I seriously doubt that the SW and QS will be in the next Avengers film, or even the third one, he is just talking theoretically.
It will be difficult to explain where they got their powers from without refering to mutants, which they will not be allowed to do I assume. Esp considering the big coincidence that both brother and sister have gained superpowers.

Thebumwhowalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #82
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretNerdGirl View Post
Surely they'd have to explain the whole mutant situation?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebumwhowalks View Post
I seriously doubt that the SW and QS will be in the next Avengers film, or even the third one, he is just talking theoretically.
It will be difficult to explain where they got their powers from without refering to mutants, which they will not be allowed to do I assume. Esp considering the big coincidence that both brother and sister have gained superpowers.
I seriously doubt there's any plans for SW & QS in Avengers 2, also, but #3 might be a possibility. Neither Marvel nor Fox have shown any inclination to fast-track those characters for either Avengers or X-Men, but a coupla three years from now, who knows?

As for the whole mutant thing, there's nothing to say that Marvel Studios (or Sony, for that matter) isn't allowed to have mutation as a source of superpowers. Technically, Hulk and Spider-Man are mutants; and Typhoid Mary, who appeared in Elektra, is actually *classified* as an X-gene mutant in the comics. There's probably a lot of leeway there; but even if there isn't, it would be easy enough for Wanda and Pietro's powers to derive from a different source in Avengers. Genetic manipulation, alien breeding, true magic and witchcraft, nuclear accidents, any of the usual suspects.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #83
ripse
Spider-Man_Blue

I want to see, in next sequel is black panther, ms marvel, spider-woman, & iron fist...

ripse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #84
Chewy
REDACTED

Black Panther or Ms Marvel

Other than that I want this same cast coming back for the sequel

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #85
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
I seriously doubt there's any plans for SW & QS in Avengers 2, also, but #3 might be a possibility. Neither Marvel nor Fox have shown any inclination to fast-track those characters for either Avengers or X-Men, but a coupla three years from now, who knows?

As for the whole mutant thing, there's nothing to say that Marvel Studios (or Sony, for that matter) isn't allowed to have mutation as a source of superpowers. Technically, Hulk and Spider-Man are mutants; and Typhoid Mary, who appeared in Elektra, is actually *classified* as an X-gene mutant in the comics. There's probably a lot of leeway there; but even if there isn't, it would be easy enough for Wanda and Pietro's powers to derive from a different source in Avengers. Genetic manipulation, alien breeding, true magic and witchcraft, nuclear accidents, any of the usual suspects.
Yeah, and they could even have something with The High Evolutionary for Pietro and Wanda's origins...there was a great big crossover years ago with him in the comics.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:30 AM   #86
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Black Panther or Ms Marvel

Other than that I want this same cast coming back for the sequel
Yes to both of them, ESPECIALLY Black Panther I've always been a fan but recently I've become alot more interested in him.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-22-2012, 05:16 AM   #87
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

For Avengers 2
Doctor Strange
Ms. Marvel

For Avengers 3
Antman
Black Panther

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:27 AM   #88
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
For Avengers 2
Doctor Strange
Ms. Marvel

For Avengers 3
Antman
Black Panther
I think Doctor Strange would work best as a solo hero, however I do agree with Black Panther, Antman, and Ms. Marvel.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-22-2012, 05:42 AM   #89
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Quote:

How Hulk and Spider-man got their powers are explained.
witchcraft? works for Wanda, not for Pietro...
alien breeding? no, I don't even know where they would begin with such a convoluted origin.
nuclear accidents? too random, esp for a bro and sis who have such different powers.

Genetic manipulation is the only one I could fathom working. Which takes us to Captain Stacey's point...

btw, I'm pretty sure that only Fox is allowed to use the term 'mutant' in regards to it's Marvel characters.

Quote:
Yeah, and they could even have something with The High Evolutionary for Pietro and Wanda's origins...there was a great big crossover years ago with him in the comics.
I think they would have to simplify that origin, unless they were gonna do a film revolving around the High Evolutionary as the bad guy or whatever.
In the books, the High Evolutionary was originally a scientist who worked alongside Spider-Woman's father, so they could even go with an origin along the same lines as the Ang Lee Hulk.
edit: They could make him their father, and just give them that kind of origin, I doubt Marvel will get to do Spider-Woman anyway, due to the similarity to Spider-man. I'm not sure how that would work out legally, i can't imagine sony being very happy if Marvel brought out a Spider-Woman solo film.

Last edited by Thebumwhowalks; 04-22-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Thebumwhowalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #90
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebumwhowalks View Post

I think they would have to simplify that origin, unless they were gonna do a film revolving around the High Evolutionary as the bad guy or whatever.
Well certainly. Pietro and Wanda do, in fact, have ties to him due to Wundagore Mountain... In the comics, he has early ties to Thor and The Hulk. What's cool about him is he has his "purifier troops", as well as "Gatherers" and "Eliminators" which are basically soldiers that would make great cannon fodder for the Avengers...his "genetic bomb" which he planned to alter ALL life on earth with would make a great plot device for the team to thwart..the genetically altered Man-Beast, who was powerful enough to engage Thor in one on one battle, and of course he himself wears a suit of armor which is arguably more powerful than Tony Stark's...

We already kind of know the villain in the NEXT Avengers movie, and personally i'd like to see Ultron in the following movie, , but somewhere down the line The High Evolutionary would make a GREAT villain for the team, and an EXCELLENT explanation to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch's powers.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #91
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Here are the 3 superheroes Stan Lee wants on the big screen next

http://blastr.com/2012/04/here-are-the-3-superheroe.php
Quote:
Speaking to I Am Rogue, the godfather of comics shared his thoughts on which of his many characters he'd love to see added to the Earth's Mightiest Heroes' team in the inevitable sequel:
"Oh I'd be happy if they add the Black Panther and maybe Dr. Strange. Sooner or later they will do movies of both of them."
So which character does Lee think should get his own movie next?
"Those two and probably Ant-Man, which I think they are working on. Maybe I'll play a little role in that."

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #92
Nathan

I definitely want to see Black Panther added to the roster. And I'd also like to see Ms. Marvel and/or Scarlett Witch. The team needs more females.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #93
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by newwaveboy87 View Post
I find him to be both annoying and highly incompetent. And EVERY video game and cartoon uses him constantly.
I agree he has been used a lot, but as far as being incompetent we can agree to disagree . I, too, think Apocalypse is the Thanos of the X-men as BT said. Done the right way, it would truly be spectacular.. Here's hopin'.

Next to Apocalypse, Sinister as well as the Savage Land and all those characters I would love to see on screen.

Last edited by MarvelKnight; 04-27-2012 at 04:06 PM.
MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:45 AM   #94
newwaveboy87
automatic systematic

Sinister - yes. I think he would have been a perfect choice for First Class, more so than the "Hellfire Club" INO group that they gave us. Here's hoping for a sequel.

I think things like the High Evolutionary and the Savage Land are too "comic-booky" too ever properly translate to the screen and keep a straight face.

As I go deep into the funnel of love

Tumblr

Liz Lemon is my spirit animal
newwaveboy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #95
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

While I like several other members I think they should be very careful with adding new members. The Avengers worked very well to flesh out everyone but there was still differences in how much they were shown. Adding more members, without removing others, will probably make it too crowded for a film. I'd rather leave out one of the heroes I like instead of having a hero I like be included but not shine enough.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:22 AM   #96
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newwaveboy87 View Post
Sinister - yes. I think he would have been a perfect choice for First Class, more so than the "Hellfire Club" INO group that they gave us. Here's hoping for a sequel.

I think things like the High Evolutionary and the Savage Land are too "comic-booky" too ever properly translate to the screen and keep a straight face.
Hell yes, Sinister >>> the "Hellfire" club and he's also immortal which means he can return in more films if he needs to (without aging).

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #97
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Black Panther. Really. It's just that simple.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #98
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Hercules, Ant-Man, Wasp.

Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:33 AM   #99
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

NOVA. even though he might look like an iron man knock off on screen.

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #100
TotalN00b

A lot of talk about Carol Danvers on here but how about introducing her through an Iron Man movie instead? I mean they have a deep history with each other...
As for calls for She-Hulk I'm not really sure how that'd fit, because they have said there are no immediate plans for a Hulk sequel and wouldn't that be the natural route for her?

I agree with the need for Hank and Janet, and yeah Ultron would be awesome!!!!! They need to sort out a movie for them asap in that case then because I'd actually be kinda pissed if they just threw them into an Avengers sequel like they're just fringe characters. If they could sort them out, add in Pietro, Wanda and Vision and I'd be going crrrrrrrazzzzzy

Hawkeye always had a thing for Wanda and that'd naturally be easy to give him more screen time too as he was underused in the first Avengers. Then Wanda for Vision... I'd have no beef with given Black Widow a background role either tbh... Thor could be off racing Thanos through the other realms (in his movies) making the challenge of Ultron even harder

Even if they went toe to toe with Ultron and then discovered the Vision at the end (or after the credits xD) that'd be great

TotalN00b is offline   Reply With Quote