The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 04-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #1
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Default So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

READ THIS FIRST: From this point on there will be Avengers spoilers in this thread. Potentially major spoilers. I have no intention of sitting here and spoiler tagging every single one of my posts, nor do I expect anyone else to do so. So if you don't want to be spoiled, then stay out of this thread. You have been warned.

Ok, now that that's out of the way, let's go ahead and talk about the man of the hour...

As pretty much all of us know, he's in the midcredits scene for Avengers and the source of Loki's army. The question now, is, where do you think Marvel will be taking him next? What would you like to see Marvel do with him next?

Personally, here's my hope. We've heard that there'll be a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, right? And Kevin Feige has specifically said that it'll be the modern team. A team which includes the following people:

Adam Warlock
Gamora
Moondragon
Drax the Destroyer

Each one of them is linked to Thanos in some way. Adam Warlock is the Avatar of Life while Thanos is the Avatar of Death. Gamora is his adopted daughter and right hand woman. Moondragon was one of his victims. And Drax was created to destroy Thanos. So is anyone else hoping that we'll see Thanos next appear in Guardians of the Galaxy? That'd be a great way to develop him. Maybe along the way he can pick up one of the Infinity Gems. The great thing is that they can introduce him as an ally at first, which is how he met Adam Warlock at first. He teamed up with Warlock to help defeat the Magus. So personally, I'd love to see something similar, with Thanos and Gamora coming to the aid of the Guardians of the Galaxy and using his brief association with them to get something he wants.

So how about you all? What do you expect and/or are hoping for?

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

I don't know if you are exactly right, but I think you have the right idea

What I think to kinda piggy back off your idea is this: Especially Thor 2 (since we are garanteed a Thor 2 and not GoG yet) should heavily use some Thanos overtones....not overtly use him but I don't know what they are thinking for T2 but a very logical storyline imo would be for someone to steal the infinity gauntlet and Thor has to go on a quest throughout the 9 realms to find it (maybe they took the gems apart and hide them in different realms)

I don't think it would be smart to have to much of a Thanos presence in MCU until A2 but yeah he should have a "Palpatine" esque feel in a few of these movies

DMB #41
L0ngsh0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
Kishiro

Default Re: So what's next for You-Know-You? (SPOILER THREAD! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

CAPTAIN MARVEL!! They are planing a Inhumans movie so they going to introduce the Kree race.

Kishiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
Kishiro

And, the servant seems to posses a human hand! So... Red Skull??

Kishiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:45 AM   #5
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

I'd say that Thanos should be foreshadowed and mentioned in other movies to come, but he shouldn't be a movie's main villain until Avengers 3.

I'd like to have Ultron as the villain in Avengers 2 (or maybe Kang, but I really prefer Ultron). Thanos should be saved for the grand finale in Avengers 3.

In addition, in that way all three Avengers films would have something that holds them together: Loki in Avengers 1 and Ultron in Avengers 2 were all part of Thanos great master plan (without knowing that they were), until finally in Avengers 3 the master himself appears to conclude his plan.

Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #6
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
I'd say that Thanos should be foreshadowed and mentioned in other movies to come, but he shouldn't be a movie's main villain until Avengers 3.

I'd like to have Ultron as the villain in Avengers 2 (or maybe Kang, but I really prefer Ultron). Thanos should be saved for the grand finale in Avengers 3.

In addition, in that way all three Avengers films would have something that holds them together: Loki in Avengers 1 and Ultron in Avengers 2 were all part of Thanos great master plan (without knowing that they were), until finally in Avengers 3 the master himself appears to conclude his plan.
QFT

This is EXACTLY what I want to see in the following Avengers film, with Ultron in A2 (with Kang as a 2nd choice) and Thanos in A3.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #7
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Thanos should be the main villain for Avengers 2!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
iTHANOS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Thanos should be the main villain for Avengers 2!
And what about A3? Who´s big and powerful enough to fill Thanos shoes?
Nah save Thanos til the third one and build him up nice and slow

iTHANOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #9
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

didn't feige mention that they were thinking about doing a civil war type of story for avengers 3?

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #10
Chewy
REDACTED

I'm more curious whether they'll hire an actor to mocap him or use a mocap guy and hire a voice actor

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:22 AM   #11
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Maybe they'll go the Ruffalo approach and have the actor actually do the Mo-cap work himself ?

Roose Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:17 AM   #12
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTHANOS View Post
And what about A3? Who´s big and powerful enough to fill Thanos shoes?
Nah save Thanos til the third one and build him up nice and slow
They could build him up in Thor 2 and Captain America 2.

And why give him a cameo in Avengers 1, if he's not going to have a role in Avengers 2?

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:55 AM   #13
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
didn't feige mention that they were thinking about doing a civil war type of story for avengers 3?
nope - he was misquoted - said Civil war was a great story line and that if they were to try it it would be no sooner than avengers 3

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

spidey-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #14
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
READ THIS FIRST: From this point on there will be Avengers spoilers in this thread. Potentially major spoilers. I have no intention of sitting here and spoiler tagging every single one of my posts, nor do I expect anyone else to do so. So if you don't want to be spoiled, then stay out of this thread. You have been warned.

Ok, now that that's out of the way, let's go ahead and talk about the man of the hour...

As pretty much all of us know, he's in the midcredits scene for Avengers and the source of Loki's army. The question now, is, where do you think Marvel will be taking him next? What would you like to see Marvel do with him next?

Personally, here's my hope. We've heard that there'll be a Guardians of the Galaxy movie, right? And Kevin Feige has specifically said that it'll be the modern team. A team which includes the following people:

Adam Warlock
Gamora
Moondragon
Drax the Destroyer

Each one of them is linked to Thanos in some way. Adam Warlock is the Avatar of Life while Thanos is the Avatar of Death. Gamora is his adopted daughter and right hand woman. Moondragon was one of his victims. And Drax was created to destroy Thanos. So is anyone else hoping that we'll see Thanos next appear in Guardians of the Galaxy? That'd be a great way to develop him. Maybe along the way he can pick up one of the Infinity Gems. The great thing is that they can introduce him as an ally at first, which is how he met Adam Warlock at first. He teamed up with Warlock to help defeat the Magus. So personally, I'd love to see something similar, with Thanos and Gamora coming to the aid of the Guardians of the Galaxy and using his brief association with them to get something he wants.

So how about you all? What do you expect and/or are hoping for?
Honestly? I'm hoping to see the Guardians AND Avengers team-up to take Thanos down.

Do a Guardians movie first, to establish those characters, then one big movie (Avengers 3) with BOTh teams, fighting the mad titan.

I mean; Fiege or someone mentioned an even bigger "EVENT" on the horizon, right?

Last edited by Kirk Langstrom; 04-29-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Kirk Langstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:22 AM   #15
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I'd love Red Skull to come back in Avengers 2 and lead a new army against the Avengers, maybe he can get together a team of Supervillains.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:33 AM   #16
CoulsonFan
Side-Kick

Thanos "assembling" the Masters of Evil is kind of plausible, but I don't think that's terribly interesting or ambitious compared to everything else they could explore in the second Avengers (and, thinking about it, it might be less plausible than it sounds, given how deeply referential to the plotlines of the other films A2 would become.)

The thing about Thanos is he's not going to be tied to any certain actor. He's a big CG goblin. If they need to recast him, they can. That means they can plan to keep having him show up for 5 years or more without sweating contracts like they must with these....humans.

Last edited by CoulsonFan; 04-29-2012 at 09:45 AM. Reason: made mistake oh no
CoulsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #17
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
nope - he was misquoted - said Civil war was a great story line and that if they were to try it it would be no sooner than avengers 3

so he's thought about it then.

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:53 PM   #18
Ixion
Side-Kick

My guess would be Thanos is seeking the Infinity Gems in Avengers 2 which have been hidden (on Earth or the 9 Realms) and its a sort of race against the clock. Would be a nice excuse to give Hulk the power gem.

Ixion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:29 PM   #19
shield31
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishiro View Post
And, the servant seems to posses a human hand! So... Red Skull??
It wasn't human...it had two thumbs (as well as 4 fingers).

A proud member of the 'London Clowns on the Ground'
shield31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #20
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I'm sure he'll play a stronger background role in the next film, maybe an actual on the ground manipulator, but I don't think he'll be the main baddie, cuz then there's nowhere to go, and you can't have a 'smaller' 'more personal' film that Whedon plans on. I think Thanos will be built up to be THAT bad guy, maybe across Avengers 2, Thor 2, Guardians of the Galaxy and maybe more. Which could be cool.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #21
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Yea, I think Thanos will be the hand guiding almost everything from now on. He may not be seen, but his influence will be felt. I could definitely see him showing up in Thor 2 though.

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #22
OsGom
Mind-Taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Yea, I think Thanos will be the hand guiding almost everything from now on. He may not be seen, but his influence will be felt. I could definitely see him showing up in Thor 2 though.
I am just ready to take The Avengers into space for an epic space opera on a Star Wars scale. Marvel can show DC how it's done.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #23
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I think certain Avengers, like Cap and Hawkeye, don't really belong 'in space.'

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #24
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsGom View Post
I am just ready to take The Avengers into space for an epic space opera on a Star Wars scale. Marvel can show DC how it's done.
Yeah, I would love to see some space armor after Iron Man's little NDE while venturing into the portal.

Maybe we get a little glimpse in IM3, whether its schematics on a screen or table, or even a partial suit like cap's shield showed up in IM2

Old 05-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #25
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
They could build him up in Thor 2 and Captain America 2.

And why give him a cameo in Avengers 1, if he's not going to have a role in Avengers 2?
Why blow your beans that early? There's a lot they can with and around Thanos before making him a direct target.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote