The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 02:34 AM   #701
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Posts: 38,393
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

^Agreed

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.
SHH6 member 14: Supa-Pizza
Buh-Bye TMNT sub-forums, you will be missed.
Last date: 29th of October 2014.

Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 06:44 AM   #702
Oscorp
Side-Kick
 
Oscorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,528
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Kids...




She looks like Aunt May in TSSM, but I'd prefer that look than and overly drastic sexpot look. At least the cleavage can make the horny kids still happy.



Hot chicks in real life is my "thing".

I don't care about her looks in comics, but that's not my thing either, but I do play video games and I'd like to see the developers devise some way with not making the female villains/allies look like sex fantasies for boys; that's plainly ridiculous. A nag I have for Catwoman in Arkham City as well.
I'm not a kid you know -_- is it childish to dislike this model because it simply looks weird, or what?

__________________
Yeah they should just cancel the films and not even bother and spend the budget on building a giant statue of toby macguire instead!
-BRAB

"it's ****ing terrible. it's twilight ********."
-Levitikuz' friend, as told to Levitikuz' friend's date, about TASM.
Oscorp is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #703
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Oscorp
Posts: 1,965
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

New concept art:




SpiderMarvelite is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #704
eLPAtitoyUPI
The real Spoder-Man
 
eLPAtitoyUPI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Madrid
Posts: 1,176
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

The first concept art looks like the Sandman stage of Shattered Dimensions, that's pretty awesome.

eLPAtitoyUPI is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #705
Abudefduf
Custom User Title
 
Abudefduf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 473
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

That robot is getting on my nerves. I feel the need to kick his huge shiny metal ass.

And I love Black Cat's look, she looks interesting without being ridiculous and over the top.
Now I just have to buy a PS3... lol

Abudefduf is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #706
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
I'm not a kid you know -_- is it childish to dislike this model because it simply looks weird, or what?
Well, you sounded like a kid...wanting a video game model to look sexy? That's silly. It's a VIDEO GAME. She shouldn't look sexy at all, lol. As I said, TSSM didn't make her look sexy either, but her personality was enough to show that she could get whatever she wanted out of Peter. I rather wait to see Black Cat's dialogue to tell me if I like this version of BC.

EoT's dialogue for her was okay, but the look of her looked too ****ing stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post
New concept art:



Second picture is old and I kinda like it, but the first...it makes me think too much of Devastator in Revenge of the Fallen, lol.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #707
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,620
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Well, you sounded like a kid...wanting a video game model to look sexy? That's silly. It's a VIDEO GAME. She shouldn't look sexy at all, lol. As I said, TSSM didn't make her look sexy either, but her personality was enough to show that she could get whatever she wanted out of Peter. I rather wait to see Black Cat's dialogue to tell me if I like this version of BC.

EoT's dialogue for her was okay, but the look of her looked too ****ing stupid
Honestly, I've got to say that at this point Oscorp sounds more mature than you. The highlighted sentences are just bizarre, it completely ignores that sexuality is often a natural part of a character and asking for it to be removed completely is just weird. I'm really trying to understand where some of you may be coming from, but comments like this just leave me scratching my head.

__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.

Last edited by The Infernal; 04-30-2012 at 02:51 PM.
The Infernal is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #708
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Posts: 38,393
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post
Why is the head-to-position Spider-Man is designed after the comic costume and not the movie costume?

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.
SHH6 member 14: Supa-Pizza
Buh-Bye TMNT sub-forums, you will be missed.
Last date: 29th of October 2014.

Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #709
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,620
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Why is the head-to-position Spider-Man is designed after the comic costume and not the movie costume?
Noticed that too. It's probably just an in-joke on behalf of the artist or something like that.

__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #710
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Honestly, I've got to say that at this point Oscorp sounds more mature than you. The highlighted sentences are just bizarre, it completely ignores that sexuality is often a natural part of a character and asking for it to be removed completely is just weird. I'm really trying to understand where some of you may be coming from, but comments like this just leave me scratching my head.
There can be sexuality to a character without having to wearing tight leather. Look at this BC, she's still showing off some cleavage, but she doesn't look too whored-up as she does in the comics. It still makes horny 15 year olds happy I suppose, but a sexed up Black Cat is something I do not like, nor do I like a sexed up Catwoman.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #711
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro
 
Spidey_62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 3,645
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Noticed that too. It's probably just an in-joke on behalf of the artist or something like that.
Or the concept art was made before they knew what the movie suit looked like yet. They were in pre production for about 4 years.

__________________
"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

INFINITE WONDERS- fun superhero comics drawn by me
Spidey_62 is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #712
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA
 
VenomSpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 6,233
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
Or the concept art was made before they knew what the movie suit looked like yet. They were in pre production for about 4 years.
Then why does Spidey have the leg stripes?

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
VenomSpawn is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #713
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Somewhere I Belong
Posts: 38,393
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
Then why does Spidey have the leg stripes?
That's what I wonder about as well

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.
SHH6 member 14: Supa-Pizza
Buh-Bye TMNT sub-forums, you will be missed.
Last date: 29th of October 2014.

Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #714
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,620
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
There can be sexuality to a character without having to wearing tight leather. Look at this BC, she's still showing off some cleavage, but she doesn't look too whored-up as she does in the comics. It still makes horny 15 year olds happy I suppose, but a sexed up Black Cat is something I do not like, nor do I like a sexed up Catwoman.
See, this is why I'm saying Oscorp sounds more mature at this point. Both characters are sexed up (if you want to put it that way). I bet it's really hard for some artists and writers to ask themselves "where do you draw the line"? Although there are a couple of artists and writers I'm fairly sure are just being exploitative. But the fact remains that it is there and it's not just present to increase sales to teen boys (although I'll never argue that doesn't play into it sometimes. Sex sells). Also, she's still wearing tight leather.

That's why I have a problem with your dismissive comments to Oscrop or anyone who blatantly shows an appreciation for said sexuality. It hardly makes them an overly hormonal immature teen.

But regardless I'm not wanting to drag this back and forth because it will just derail the thread and everything has been more or less said already.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
Or the concept art was made before they knew what the movie suit looked like yet. They were in pre production for about 4 years.
Take a closer look at Spidey on the right.

__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #715
theShape
Creature of Darkness
 
theShape's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Inside your mind.
Posts: 11,480
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

If there's one thing that pisses me off in this world, it's when you have to fight ridiculously boring robots in a video game, especially as Spidey. Give us something else. Anything else.

__________________
Past the point of no return...
theShape is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #716
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man
 
GENERAL RAAM582's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 10,623
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

There's a lot of other enemies.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #717
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 45,276
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

I don't really mind robots all that much. It's when they are several stories tall that it bothers me. He's not Iron Man, Thor or Hulk. Why the heck did Oscorp build something that big in the first place? That thing looks like freaking Devastator from Transformers: Rise of the Fallen.

__________________
I am the HYPE!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nathan is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #718
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
See, this is why I'm saying Oscorp sounds more mature at this point. Both characters are sexed up (if you want to put it that way). I bet it's really hard for some artists and writers to ask themselves "where do you draw the line"? Although there are a couple of artists and writers I'm fairly sure are just being exploitative. But the fact remains that it is there and it's not just present to increase sales to teen boys (although I'll never argue that doesn't play into it sometimes. Sex sells). Also, she's still wearing tight leather.

That's why I have a problem with your dismissive comments to Oscrop or anyone who blatantly shows an appreciation for said sexuality. It hardly makes them an overly hormonal immature teen.

But regardless I'm not wanting to drag this back and forth because it will just derail the thread and everything has been more or less said already.
You dragged it out enough anyways

Heck, Oscorp did the same thing since my reply was about two pages ago...I thought we had moved on.

I still don't see why he sounds more "mature" than me. He's saying Black Cat should look sexy as she does in the comics...but maybe, just maybe, Beenox doesn't want to go that route as they did with EoT because it looked far too silly with her trying to be "sexy". And I approve of their new route.

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #719
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man
 
GENERAL RAAM582's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 10,623
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

Can we talk about something else?

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 04:55 PM   #720
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

Yes, please.

So...naming all the villains, who do you want to see in the game besides Rhino and Iguana?

Anno_Domini is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #721
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man
 
GENERAL RAAM582's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 10,623
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

I honestly want the rest of the villains to be animal-human hybrids, I love the theme. It's the same basic theme of the movie and the game. When we get Goblin in the next movie, we can have more technology-based villains.

Vulture
Scorpion
Swarm
Prototype Goblin or Hobgoblin

I also thought of something cool. Imagine they tried to recreate Spider-Man during the animal experiments, and it caused that Man-Spider creature to be born. You have to fight it. That'd be so cool, IMO.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #722
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA
 
VenomSpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 6,233
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

Guys

What if

Guys

What if they had

Guys listen

What if they had Doc Ock in the game

And he was half man, half octopus?

Guys?

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by VenomSpawn; 04-30-2012 at 05:08 PM.
VenomSpawn is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 05:07 PM   #723
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA
 
VenomSpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 6,233
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

edit

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
VenomSpawn is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 05:10 PM   #724
socool
True
 
socool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,963
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post
Guys

What if

Guys

What if they had

Guys listen

What if they had Doc Ock in the game

And he was half man, half octopus?

Guys?

__________________
"A Man Remembers His Debts"
socool is offline  
Old 04-30-2012, 05:12 PM   #725
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA
 
VenomSpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 6,233
Default Re: Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by socool View Post
So that's a no then?

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
VenomSpawn is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.