Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 03:25 AM   #151
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
See, now I would call that Christianity, so there's where we go two different ways. But really, even that isn't a perfect analogy, because communism has yet to work on a national level. You can actually find churches who do what Jesus preached.
I'm sure you could find one that does some of what Jesus preached, some of the time. You could find something the size of a church that could practice communism as well. Hows this whole "christian nation" thing working out? ANY Utopian ideal on that scale will not work, but can on a much smaller one, for often only a limited time under the proper conditions. The definitions don't change, just the scales and results. Its just intellectually dishonest to me to say one thing is another when its not.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:41 AM   #152
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentinelMind View Post
The evil lies in the assumption that you can bind utopian ideals onto crooked men. This rose colored schema is what causes corruption...when you start with fallacious assumptions...you get horrific conclusions. Nobody is assessing the outcome because nobody is willing to admit the premise is flawed. Its easy to justify a system when you are not experiencing the pain and destruction the system is causing
Quote:
The devils in the details. If he's defending the theory of religion, then all the details of theory are not above scrutiny. You can't say religion isn't evil and just ignore whole chapters of theory that show otherwise.

religion clearly required management of groups of people across nations and overthrow of current government and economic systems. The evil it perpetuates has to be addressed.

Funny thing is your entire argument against communism can be used against religion. Your entire defense of religion can also be used as a defense of communism when you boil it down.

See, the thing with me is that I see no difference between a political philosophy and a religious one. I don't put religion on a pedestal. Its all bull**** to control people.

The whole "evil" argument is silly as well. Evil is both subjective and relative. You can't construct a real argument, logically, around something being "evil".

Last edited by WildcatNC; 04-30-2012 at 03:44 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #153
Franklin Richards
Banned User

Quote:
TO Franklin:

you think someone who didn't exist.... was misquoted? Does the hatred of Him really astound logical reasoning. The Bible does explain this behavior adequately. Which is why I stayed away from hypocritical atheists after college.
It's just a catchy title. "Misquoting Jesus" Not every title is "Breakfast At Tiffany's" where it's all spelled out for you.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #154
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
That's not Communism.

That's Stalinism, for lack of a better word.
You are officially my favourite mod.

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Old 04-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #155
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
TO Franklin:

you think someone who didn't exist.... was misquoted? Does the hatred of Him really astound logical reasoning. The Bible does explain this behavior adequately. Which is why I stayed away from hypocritical atheists after college.
Whether Jesus exists or not, doesn't mean there are some good ideas associated with the philosophy of Jesus.

The problem is a lot of the conservatives Christians in America who twist these ideals for their own purposes. Many seem to focus on the small parts of the Bible condemn homosexuality and ignore their own sins of greed, pride, etc. They cherry pick from the Bible as much as any liberal Christian does, they just focus on the parts that reinforce their biases.

I like Ghandi's quote on Christians:

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

Old 04-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #156
DACrowe
Side-Kick

So, Mitt Romney told college kids today that they should all borrow $20,000 from their parents and start a small business.

This man wants to reach the Middle Class? Maybe he can start by giving every family $20,000 per kid for starting businesses. Just wow.

--John Adams
Old 04-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #157
Franklin Richards
Banned User

What was it Chris Mathews said?

"The man started on third base and he thinks he hit a triple."

Old 04-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #158
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
So, Mitt Romney told college kids today that they should all borrow $20,000 from their parents and start a small business.

This man wants to reach the Middle Class? Maybe he can start by giving every family $20,000 per kid for starting businesses. Just wow.
...and he wonders why he has a "relatability" problem?

Old 04-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #159
Superman
The Man Of Steel (Is #1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post

Yeah, I read that. The man thinks everyone has a rich daddy with millions to give to their kids.

This man is a joke.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #160
SentinelMind
Banned User

Can someone provide a reliable link? did he actually say borrow $20,000 from your parents? or was he encouraging students to consider borrowing from your parents and then telling his own story? Of course the media will try spin it out of context in the worst way possible.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #161
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Can someone provide a reliable link? did he actually say borrow $20,000 from your parents? or was he encouraging students to consider borrowing from your parents and then telling his own story? Of course the media will try spin it out of context in the worst way possible.
I typed in: Romney 20000 in google and this is the first link it came up with

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=20209572

Romney basically related a story of a friend of his borrowing 20k from his parents to start up a business, so I guess technically he didn't say go borrow 20k from your parents but he told a story about somebody he knew as an example what to do

Old 04-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #162
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Here's your link.
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=20209572

It still comes of as implying that most people have the option to borrow that kind of money from their parents. Personally, I know the kind of crap I get from my dad if I ask to borrow $200 from him.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #163
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 05-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #164
SV Fan
Side-Kick

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index....setts-caucuses

Quote:
Ron Paul Wins Louisiana & Massachusetts Caucuses

Texas Congressman and Obstetrician Ron Paul “dominated” the Louisiana presidential caucuses April 28, according to the New Orleans Times-Picayune. Paul supporters also out-organized the presumed GOP presidential nominee in caucuses in former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney's home state of Massachusetts, and Paul supporters took over the Alaska Republican Party the same day.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #165
Nokio
Side-Kick

Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
manufactured issues like the GOP's war on women,
Manufactured? Really? While I don't think the Gop intently started a war on Women their actions when they won big majorities in 2010 makes it an easy case to prove for the Dems. The state I live in the GOP swung into power in local GOV and I've not seen a job bills or anything to fix the economy in my state and I do my homework. No they blame Dems and Obama like the national Gop leaders do. What I have seen however is the GOP b line right to other issues like limiting union rites bills that limits women rites and flat out voter suppression bills under the guise of "we are clamping down on Voter fraud" that has never been an issue in my state. When their were cases of voter fraud and it's been few cause the local news did a story on the number of cases and the people that were charged were actually public officials from both parties and even those cases have been few and far between.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #166
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Discussion: The REPUBLICAN Party XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokio View Post
Manufactured? Really? While I don't think the Gop intently started a war on Women their actions when they won big majorities in 2010 makes it an easy case to prove for the Dems. The state I live in the GOP swung into power in local GOV and I've not seen a job bills or anything to fix the economy in my state and I do my homework. No they blame Dems and Obama like the national Gop leaders do. What I have seen however is the GOP b line right to other issues like limiting union rites bills that limits women rites and flat out voter suppression bills under the guise of "we are clamping down on Voter fraud" that has never been an issue in my state. When their were cases of voter fraud and it's been few cause the local news did a story on the number of cases and the people that were charged were actually public officials from both parties and even those cases have been few and far between.
In all honestly the Republicans at the federal level would probably be best to throw the Republicans at the state level under the bus for alot of their policies they are trying to pass. Most of the stuff that the Republicans get (deservedly so) called out for when it comes to the "War on Women" are at the state level.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #167
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

I don't get what Mitt is thinking by asking kids to borrow money from their parents to start a business? Is it because it would presumably be intrest free? If this business that an inexperienced college kid starts inevitably goes under, it would be an exceptable loss of money? If these kids had parents that where able to give them that type of money, for a business or school, they wouldn't be asking for help from the bank or government.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #168
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
...this is exactly what happened when Kasich took office here in Ohio. Did he try to fix the state economy or unemployment rate? No, he went right into union busting, "curbing voter fraud", and redistricting to benefit the GOP. It's pretty sickening.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #169
8wid
Banned User

Abortion becomes key US political flashpoint

Old 05-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #170
Nokio
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
...this is exactly what happened when Kasich took office here in Ohio. Did he try to fix the state economy or unemployment rate? No, he went right into union busting, "curbing voter fraud", and redistricting to benefit the GOP. It's pretty sickening.
Ohio too huh?, This is all organized and I would say it's just my opinion but this is going on in numerous states, especially the so called fix the voter fraud problem that has never been an issue in this country. Voter fraud has happened for decades but it's so small in scale that it's not an issue and high majority of it is by office officials and not citizens. I mean for christ sakes what would be the purpose of millions of people committing voter fraud??? So their choice can win? It sounds like something from a movie. It would have to be really organized on a massive level in my opinion.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:32 AM   #171
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8wid View Post
What. About. The. ****ING. ECONOMY?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:38 AM   #172
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Abortion is always a key issue. So much so that it isn't. Because everyone has already drawn their battle lines.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:44 AM   #173
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Abortion is always a key issue. So much so that it isn't. Because everyone has already drawn their battle lines.
I think the problem I find with abortion, is on a personal level I think it's wrong, but the Republicans push their agenda so much, I rather see they not get an inch since I feel if they win that, they will start going after stuff I might not have an issue with if it doesn't fit their moral agenda.

It's sort of sad that Abortion becomes an issue at a federal level when their is way more important issues that should be fought(and I do blame one party way more then the other in that regard and they only do it to pander to one voting block).

Last edited by SV Fan; 05-03-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #174
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

I have just simply come to the conclusion that the pro-choice and pro-life side has simply become dominated by idiots and we have two sides that are pushing their beliefs onto other people while hypocritically judging the other side for doing it.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #175
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Ohio too huh?, This is all organized and I would say it's just my opinion but this is going on in numerous states...
Old proverb...

If one person calls you a horse, they're a liar.
If five people call you a horse, there's a conspiracy afoot.
If ten people call you a horse, it might be time to buy a saddle.

Closed Thread