The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #876
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Default Re: Avatar: The Legend Of Korra

I wish this show was an hour long. It's sooooooo good. With this and Avengers: EMH I'm in heaven every weekend. The thing about this show is that there are so many layers to everything that's going on.

The way Tarlok manipulated Korra into joining his team was brilliant. He knows that she's a headstrong teen, so he played into her pride to get her to join his crew.

I like that they're showing how Korra could be vulnerable to pride and fear. She's got a lot going for her, but she still is so young that she needs to learn to handle the fact that she's afraid. That's what's going to make her stornger in the long run.

Tienzen this episode did so much by saying so little. He didn't constantly tell Korra that he was there for her when she needed. He wasn't overbearing with her decision making. He just gave her the space she needed while offering a shoulder when she was at her lowest moment.

Like the last show this show is great with character depth. The strength of TLA was how every character was well developed, and this show is off to the same start.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #877
gregtestagent
humblevaudvillianveteran

I have a feeling that Tarloc and Amon are in cahoots! Solidifying the Equalist's cause only required one real act of aggression, on part of the government. I don't know how much Amon anticipated how factor in the the not yet fully realized Avatar, but he clearly has her marked down on his to do list. A revolution, coupled with a coup, is a perfect attack strategy.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:21 PM   #878
Call Me Darkman
He's a Freak!

Why isn't episode 5 on the schedule for Saturday? I DVR this show and there's nothing being listed. I checked and apparently Spongebob is airing instead. I hope that's a mistake and gets fixed soon.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #879
Crockett
With Teeth

Man that glimpse of a flashback memory is such a tease, I need to see adult Zuko badly.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #880
XEdge
Straight Edge and Proud

I want to see adult Suki.........

Old 05-01-2012, 12:26 AM   #881
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Okay so I've decided to start watching this show as it goes, and have gotten through the first 2 episodes and I'm already loving it! The animation is beautiful and they managed to keep the same feel as the original show even though it's a completely different setting, and I'm glad to see they still have the same kind of humor in this one.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 05-01-2012, 01:00 AM   #882
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Me Darkman View Post
Why isn't episode 5 on the schedule for Saturday? I DVR this show and there's nothing being listed. I checked and apparently Spongebob is airing instead. I hope that's a mistake and gets fixed soon.
I hope it's just not been listed yet but I do expect some weeks to not have new episodes. It always happens with shows that have 20+ episode seasons. I know The Office often has just 2 new episodes all of December and January.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:17 AM   #883
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Thats because it is common hiatus for all shows due to people generally not watching tv that much during those months.

But I expect Nick to give this atleast a 2 month break sooner or later.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #884
Silver Spider
Side-Kick

I'm amazed at how quickly this show is able to move, without feeling rushed. I mean, by episode 4 of the first series, we were just meeting the Kyoshi Warriors. If it keeps going like this, I'm going to end up loving this show even more than A:TLA.

Cancellation of The Spectacular Spider-Man = EPIC FAIL
Old 05-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #885
Call Me Darkman
He's a Freak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Me Darkman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
I hope it's just not been listed yet but I do expect some weeks to not have new episodes. It always happens with shows that have 20+ episode seasons. I know The Office often has just 2 new episodes all of December and January.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Thats because it is common hiatus for all shows due to people generally not watching tv that much during those months.

But I expect Nick to give this atleast a 2 month break sooner or later.
According to my DVR, episode 5 has been added to Saturday's schedule. What a relief.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #886
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by varsas View Post
I didn't see any hint of this in the episode. Why do you think this?
She just took a liking to him too quickly. Everything seemed to coincidental. Nobody's that nice (her father putting up that much cash) to not want something in return.

That's not to say it's an "evil" agenda, but I think something else is goin on that we don't know yet.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #887
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by varsas View Post
I had assumed that this was not the case; as with Star Wars and the Force, I think that people are born with the ability and so I don't think Tenzin and his children are the only airbenders.
Well, I don't know it as fact, but it just doesn't make sense to have everyone with the 'ability to bend' and they just don't know it. It completely undermines the uniqueness of benders then in my opinion as well as the few(toph types) who may be special and could possibly learn from the original bending spirits.

But if you want to think that, it's all good, but I politely disagree.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #888
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Spider View Post
I'm amazed at how quickly this show is able to move, without feeling rushed. I mean, by episode 4 of the first series, we were just meeting the Kyoshi Warriors. If it keeps going like this, I'm going to end up loving this show even more than A:TLA.
This show probably has to move a little faster by design. It's only 2 seasons as opposed to 3 for the first series. Also the first series had to establish the world.

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 05-02-2012, 04:06 AM   #889
Project862006
Banned User

Old 05-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #890
sandwraith
The Trailblazer Awakens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
She just took a liking to him too quickly. Everything seemed to coincidental. Nobody's that nice (her father putting up that much cash) to not want something in return.

That's not to say it's an "evil" agenda, but I think something else is goin on that we don't know yet.

Dude, its Mako! I mean, one of the descriptions the creators had for him was literally "A beautiful man".

Besides, she did she that she's been following Pro-Bending and Mako's matches pretty closely so maybe its a mix of fangirlism plus the fact that Mako's a walking magazine cover. Beautiful people tend to end up together. Its weird, I know

Anyway, I've made up my mind. First sight of a Blu-Ray pre-order for this series on Amazon and I am ON IT!

Old 05-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #891
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwraith View Post
Dude, its Mako! I mean, one of the descriptions the creators had for him was literally "A beautiful man".

Besides, she did she that she's been following Pro-Bending and Mako's matches pretty closely so maybe its a mix of fangirlism plus the fact that Mako's a walking magazine cover. Beautiful people tend to end up together. Its weird, I know

Anyway, I've made up my mind. First sight of a Blu-Ray pre-order for this series on Amazon and I am ON IT!
Your sarcasm is dully noted.

but, I am a cynic and 'hidden agenda' was first thing that popped into my head. Plus, it would be more interesting.

In the end, I really don't care.

I agree with your blu-ray comment though, I will be strongly considering picking it up. Wonder what bonus features may be on there.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #892
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post

Regarding her father ponying up the cash to enter the tournament; it makes sense given his back story that he would be altruistic - recognising that his entire success was borne out of another person's selfless act. Hence, recognising the Fire Ferrets' potential, sees it a worthy cause to support especially since the amount probably isn't all that much to him.

Also, it's not like he's getting nothing from his investment. He explicitly requests that the Fire Ferrets must advertise his company on their uniform. Considering the Fire Ferrets' rags-to-riches progression, the team is a good fit with his company's image. Plus, there's the added bit that the Avatar herself would effectively be endorsing his company...

Old 05-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #893
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

True true, But, I'll just hope that it isn't as plain and simple as that cause that is kind of boring lol.

Doesn't really matter in the long run, this show is still awesome. What is the title of next week's episode? if anyone knows yet.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #894
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

He's not being altruistic per se. He's sponsoring an already somewhat successful team, with the Avatar on it. The man has business sense, he knows they're going places. That's not selfless charity, that's investment.

Though it remains to be seen if its anything more sinister. The daughter seemed a little too nice.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #895
cabel
Side-Kick

I want this suit!

http://hdscreenshots.avatarspiritmed...a/104/0590.jpg

Old 05-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #896
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabel View Post
Link doesn't work, for me at least. Could you post the actual picture?

Old 05-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #897
cabel
Side-Kick

it's too big to post

Old 05-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #898
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

The western-esque clothes do raise an interesting question... where do they come from? The Japanese and Chinese were introduced to western fashion through European colonialism and trading (and the Meiji Restoration). So... maybe there's a Europe off screen somewhere in the world of Avatar.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #899
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Or maybe they just created them on their own just as they did the automobile.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #900
sandwraith
The Trailblazer Awakens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
The western-esque clothes do raise an interesting question... where do they come from? The Japanese and Chinese were introduced to western fashion through European colonialism and trading (and the Meiji Restoration). So... maybe there's a Europe off screen somewhere in the world of Avatar.

If so, where does Paper and gunpowder come from in a lot of western fantasy? After all, these were all invented in the East by the Chinese.

Sometimes its best to not read too much into these little facets.