The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Old 04-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #201
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: 2012 NFL Draft!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
The Bengals signed head-case Vontaze Burfict in college free agency.
Just what they need: another knucklehead.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:39 PM   #202
steintym
Stay Frosty

I'm still trying to figure out what the Bears did. Everyone seems to love McClellin ... as an OLB, which he won't play in Chicago. I love the WR Jeffrey with the 2nd pick, but they follow that up with what seems like a possible wasted SS (Hardin) pick in the 3rd. On top of all that, not one OL pick in the entire draft. That just seems like they are ignoring a glaring need.

steintym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #203
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Outside of the WR in the second round, I like the Lions draft. I'd give it a solid B. Reiff will be a fixture on the OL for the next decade and the rest of the guys on D are all "Schwartz" guys.

Also like them signing Kellen Moore as an undrafted free agent. He could be a solid backup QB someday.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:16 PM   #204
jnmx2000
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by steintym View Post
I'm still trying to figure out what the Bears did. Everyone seems to love McClellin ... as an OLB, which he won't play in Chicago. I love the WR Jeffrey with the 2nd pick, but they follow that up with what seems like a possible wasted SS (Hardin) pick in the 3rd. On top of all that, not one OL pick in the entire draft. That just seems like they are ignoring a glaring need.
Bears actually signed an offensive linemen they wanted in the 3rd but they gambled on the fact that he might get over looked and he actually never went drafted. they signed him as a free agent and apparently they plan on keeping him. can't remember the guys name.

jnmx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #205
Dark Donnie
Kenny Powers is Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
The Bengals signed head-case Vontaze Burfict in college free agency.
Not surprised there

Loved what The Eagles did in the draft...addressed all needs except S.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #206
Avenger
Earth's Mightiest Fanboy

I'm really pleased with the Patriots' draft. I love that they actually moved up for once (and they did it twice! ) and got two players who look like they'll both be very good. The Patriots have lacked a truly dominant pass-rushing DE for years, and I really hope Chandler Jones proves to be that. Dont'a Hightower also looks like a very solid linebacker, IMO probably the best of the bunch after Luke Kuechly.

And apparently the cornerback they drafted in the seventh round, Alfonzo Dennard, was rated as a second-round talent but fell because of recent troubles with the law. My hope is that was just a one-time incident and he turns out to be a huge steal for the Patriots.

Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote