The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 04:12 AM   #601
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
Gotta disagree. Those trailers for The Dark Knight were incredible, and made me ridiculously excited. I lost count of how often I watched them. What was ingenious about them was how much of the film's tone they conveyed, while giving away very little of the plot.
to each his own

one thing for sure, we are in for an epic film!

Old 05-01-2012, 04:14 AM   #602
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

CONTROVERSIAL OPINION TIME!

This trailer was great, and of course The Dark Knight Rises remains my #1 most anticipated movie of 2012...

But I think Prometheus has had the better trailers. While anything Batman is gonna be my most hyped by default, the superiority of those mind-blowing Prometheus trailers have made it a surprisingly close second.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 05-01-2012, 04:19 AM   #603
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

i was blown away by that most recent Prometheus trailer as well! it's gonna be great to have that tide me over until TDKR is released.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:22 AM   #604
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:

This trailer was great, and of course The Dark Knight Rises remains my #1 most anticipated movie of 2012...

But I think Prometheus has had the better trailers. While anything Batman is gonna be my most hyped by default, the superiority of those mind-blowing Prometheus trailers have made it a surprisingly close second.
I was thinking the same thing. Except Prometheus is my #1 most anticipated film this year.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 05-01-2012, 04:25 AM   #605
Donut
Side-Kick

It was an okay trailer

Last edited by Donut; 05-01-2012 at 04:30 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:30 AM   #606
WiseBrook
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchie64 View Post
Care to be more specific about what "post-production" means?
And also how only the two things you listed would be turning point for you to not like an entire film.
By post production i was referring to both the image and sound manipulation after filming. The shots of Bane in particular seem altered to make him appear whiter, and his voice in the prologue was far more raw, interesting and fitting IMO. To me he looks too small and very fake or something.

I like Nolan/Pfister films for their gritty realism, and something just seems off. The story looks cool I guess. Its really a combination of a lot of little things I dont have the energy to write up. I have been so gung ho about this, not a hater at all. Everything we've seen has been great.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:46 AM   #607
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Bane seems smaller in this trailer. There is a moment where he falcon punches Batman and after he drops the cowl and walks away he seems smaller than he appeared in the first trailer.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:02 AM   #608
K'Prime
Beast mode

Music in the third trailer is epic to me.makes me more interested in it now.although im still not feeling ann hathaway as catwomen though.like her but still feels weird

Old 05-01-2012, 05:21 AM   #609
jonnywhc
TeamDatAss.

I wish they just kept the chant for the title card the music was so empowering just when we see Gordon back up and the batpod..then a remix kicks in! Atleast that won't happen in-film.

So very much of what we have seen feels very much ON..but something I can't quite put my finger on feels off..I think it'll all work out..and it could just be that this is all so different to BB/TDK and we are so close to what could be one of the few classic trilogies ever..or a dud. Seeing Catwoman and Bats fight together..so cool but seems weird.

Luckily that's all I'm watching from here on out. I'll rewatch the trailer but no tv spots. I think that's whats happening tbh...watch one trailer..feel the movies going one way and make a bond to that idea..next trailer is so different its jarring..and so it goes on..then in your mind you build up a movie..you see it an go "wait..that's not how I saw it"..its what I did with TDK and it took away from first viewing.

I'm sure that made..some sence

Last edited by jonnywhc; 05-01-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:31 AM   #610
lililatigresse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY View Post
i actually went back and saw the 2 trailers that were released for The Dark Knight. and damn, those were pretty mediocre compared to The Dark Knight Rises trailers. hard to believe, but true.
I think the second trailer for TDK was better than the second one for TDKR. But I agree that the TDKR third trailer is better than the the 2 TDKR trailers.

1) TDKR third trailer
2) TDK second trailer
3) TDK third trailer
4) TDKR second trailer

Old 05-01-2012, 05:35 AM   #611
munchie64
I'm NOT Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lililatigresse View Post
I think the second trailer for TDK was better than the second one for TDKR. But I agree that the TDKR third trailer is better than the the 2 TDKR trailers.

1) TDKR third trailer
2) TDK second trailer
3) TDK third trailer
4) TDKR second trailer
I pretty much agree. Out of the teasers, I think I like TDK's best though. Unless you count BB. In fact that list would change quite a bit if you included BB. That Nickleback TV spot would be 1

I like: The Star Wars prequels, Spider-Man 3, Transformers, X-men 3, the Pirates sequels, and Indiana Jones 4.
WARNING! My opinion might be invalid!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:38 AM   #612
lililatigresse
Side-Kick

Quote:

I don't think that's controversial. And I agree but I think the subject of Prometheus, the fact that it's science fiction makes it easier for it. I don't think it's fair to compare them.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:40 AM   #613
Marvolo
Side-Kick

My favorite trailer is and always will be TDK trailer 2. "HIT ME!!!" That moment I had to pick my jaw up from the floor. Nothing in any of the trailers for theses films since has caused that strong of a reaction. Interestingly enough that take wasn't used in TDK and it pulls me out of the scene everytime how much weaker the scene is without that particular take.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:41 AM   #614
lililatigresse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchie64 View Post
I pretty much agree. Out of the teasers, I think I like TDK's best though. Unless you count BB. In fact that list would change quite a bit if you included BB. That Nickleback TV spot would be 1
Yeah, I forgot about the BB trailers, I need to watch them again But yes, the BB teaser is definitely my favorite teaser.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:01 AM   #615
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

I have to embed the trailer to watch it, as i can't get on youtube...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 05-01-2012, 06:30 AM   #616
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:

Funny you should say that because in response to all these Avengers/TDKR comments I've always maintained that Nolan probably wants to top Prometheus instead. The third trailer starts off quite sombre, reminds me of the trailers for Prometheus, that's the film we should be comparing this to.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 05-01-2012, 06:42 AM   #617
Secret_Riddle
Agent of Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
My favorite trailer is and always will be TDK trailer 2. "HIT ME!!!" That moment I had to pick my jaw up from the floor. Nothing in any of the trailers for theses films since has caused that strong of a reaction. Interestingly enough that take wasn't used in TDK and it pulls me out of the scene everytime how much weaker the scene is without that particular take.
From an editing/impact perspective, I think that one and this new one are the highlights.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:46 AM   #618
dark_b
Side-Kick

i am an insane huge fan of big epic trailers with choir music. but this trailer .....i dont know how to explain it. it works . its so calm and the build up is pefect in the middle to the end.
its a very good trailer.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:48 AM   #619
jmc
callin' it like I see it

The build up in the trailer is just so effing perfect. It's a slow burn and it works so well.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:53 AM   #620
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
I've noticed the improvements in The Bat chasing the Tumbers/Truck' shot:

1. The Bat is much more stable.

2. It is now firing at the truck.

3. The green trees (forests of outer Pittsburgh) in the background are gone, replaced by more buildings.
i agree . they fixed some of the bounced look so its good. thumbs up.

of course now the problem is that they spend more time and money fixing the practical batwing . it would be cheaper to render. and you know that Nolan has an eye for realism. but no problem. i dont want to complain and money in this thread.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #621
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I know I'm late to this shindig but I loved the trailer. Loved the quietness and foreboding at the beginning. This trailer really built a sense of dread and desperation. The reason people don't feel as excited after it as the Avengers trailer is because the Avengers trailer hit you with action shot after action shot... this one hits you with darker hopelessness and emotional tension. Which made me PUMPED to see this movie because the mood of the trailer just screams BATMAN to me.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #622
I am Batman
Side-Kick

Loved the trailer. Loved the sense of impending doom. Anne Hathaway sounds so sexy as Catwoman. I practically jizzed in my pants when I saw Batman and Catwoman fighting on the rooftop.

"You're a stand up guy Bats, don't ever let them call you a crazed loner."
-The Flash, JLU
Old 05-01-2012, 07:12 AM   #623
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I know I'm late to this shindig but I loved the trailer. Loved the quietness and foreboding at the beginning. This trailer really built a sense of dread and desperation. The reason people don't feel as excited after it as the Avengers trailer is because the Avengers trailer hit you with action shot after action shot... this one hits you with darker hopelessness and emotional tension. Which made me PUMPED to see this movie because the mood of the trailer just screams BATMAN to me.
You can think what ever you want with why people are not liking The Dark Knight Rises trailers that helps you sleep at night

Old 05-01-2012, 07:17 AM   #624
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
You can think what ever you want with why people are not liking The Dark Knight Rises trailers that helps you sleep at night
Defensive much?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #625
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Defensive much?
When people say that they like the Prometheus trailers over The Dark Knight trailers thats not all action after action is it ? People do have a tendency to come up with any excuse they can think of. When other less action filled trailers are liked more then The Dark Knight Rises & The Avengers

Closed Thread