The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #676
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Could use a laugh so check out these Lookalikes

Neil Warnock The Troll From Stephen King’s ‘Cat’s Eye’

Vincent Kompany & Kanamit From ‘The Twilight Zone’

Rangers Villain Craig Whyte & Swiss Toni

David De Gea & Peter From Jumanji

Dani Alves & William Shatner’s Aeroplane Gremlin

Old 04-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #677
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
the league isnt over yet fellas
yeah it is mate. people say newcastle could hold city to a draw, it may happen but i dont see it

personally i'm more worried about if that united team could handle Swansea and Sunderland

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 04-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #678
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I've probably said this a millions times this season but, playing Rooney as a lone striker NEVER works.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 04-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #679
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

you can't even buy big names in the summer, anyone united, chelsea, liverpool etc express interest in city just step in double wages and +10 million

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
Old 04-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #680
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

should have been a 442 from the start with Young and Valencia on for Park & Nani.....

Old 04-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #681
kit1982
Side-Kick

Wolves just scored 4 at Swansea, Sunderland drew with Bolton.... I'd take United's chances in those games.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #682
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

If they got it, flaunt it. I mean, I'm not even going to bother with the new money at City argument. Fact is, they outplayed United and United should have had this title wrapped up 2 weeks ago.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 04-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #683
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
Wolves just scored 4 at Swansea, Sunderland drew with Bolton.... I'd take United's chances in those games.
United lose to City, who lost to Sunderland. Sunderland is the best team in the league.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:17 PM   #684
B
[insert witty comment]

It's like I said, the league wasn't over when City were 8 or 9 clear, the league wasn't over when United were 8 clear, so it certainly isn't over when both teams are level on points.

Both teams could lose both remaining fixtures, that's how messed up this season has been.

United were poor tonight, I think Ferguson got his team selection comepletely wrong. I don't understand why he left in-form players out like Welbeck, Valencia & Young in favour of Park, who hasn't played 90 minutes all season & hasn't started a game in months, Giggs who just doesn't have the legs to give fullbacks trouble for anything longer than about 30 minutes & Nani who hasn't really been playing that great in recent months, certainly not better than Valencia.

I feel bad for Park because he looked exhausted after about 30 minutes, that's the problem with not getting regular football. It was like a guy coming back from injury playing.

We started well & had the team that finished the match, started the match I think we'd have given a far better account of ourselves.

League isn't over yet though.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #685
Hunter Rider
**** SHH's Lawyers
SHH! Administrator

I'm sure every fan here, even those that really wanted us to lose like spidey, can appreciate the extra pain of losing to your rivals, but at the end of the day we simply weren't good enough, we have no legs or guile coming centrally and Fergie flat out got it all wrong and waited way too long to make the changes needed. City always looked the more dangerous and we never truly troubled Hart at all.

Worst thing about the match? Having to listen to Quinn on commentary, what a sack of ****e.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #686
bapi
Side-Kick

It's not over yet but we'll see what will happen this wednesday. However some of the_ultimate_evil comments have to be ironic.

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 04-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #687
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

no i stand by everyone of my comments, city may have been the better team but a lot of the decisions from the ref were heavily influenced by it being held at the etihad

can i just throw something out here a general question to everyone how long have you actually been a fan of your selective team

Old 04-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #688
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
no i stand by everyone of my comments, city may have been the better team but a lot of the decisions from the ref were heavily influenced by it being held at the etihad

can i just throw something out here a general question to everyone how long have you actually been a fan of your selective team
I've been watching soccer since I was 7 and pretty much set on United when I was 10, that was 1996-97.

Old 04-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #689
Hunter Rider
**** SHH's Lawyers
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

25 years.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #690
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

since the end of the ..... ****ing hell 20 years now....

*Feels old*

Old 04-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #691
The Englishman
Marching On Together

Since 1990, so 22 years now. I started supporting Leeds when I was 6..

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
Old 04-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #692
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Since around 1975 (think it was that year I went to Stamford Bridge for the first time).

Old 04-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #693
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

I had a feeling 2 games ago that City would be on top after this game. Same as with Chelsea Barca. But who knows what will happen against Newcastle. Depends which side shows up, the one that got thrashed 4-0 by WIgan or the team that went on a 6 game winning streak.

Last edited by Iceman; 04-30-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #694
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Such sloppy play tonight.

United couldn't keep the ball for long and City were fouling more times than I could count.

Also Hart laying down for so long...it wasn't a bullet to the ribs man.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:59 AM   #695
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:

about 21 years - started supporting Liverpool when I was 3 or 4

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 05-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #696
The Englishman
Marching On Together

I see the Ant-Hodgson brigade are out in force in the newspapers....

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
Old 05-01-2012, 07:15 AM   #697
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:

Since 1995 the year Blackburn won the PL title.

Thank God for TDKR trailer I'm more happy after the match I went to bed and I'm glad didn't log on here. City were better team. Playing Rooney on his own was big mistake by SAF specially likes of Park & Nani aren't in form where's Young & Valencia were. Should have played Rafael at RB too. I don't want to say it's over but it seems likes it.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #698
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

It's not over yet. I'm expecting a few surprises in the final two games.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #699
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

FA press conference set for 4pm GMT....

Old 05-01-2012, 07:41 AM   #700
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Sounds like a deal for M'Vila is close. I can't see why we would need him unless Song is off?...

We're apparently meeting with Ajax next week too, to sort out a deal for Vertonghen and possibly Christian Erikksen as well.

Closed Thread