The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 05-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #76
The Guard
Side-Kick

Default Re: Kevin Feige says no to another Hulk Movie.

Why is Silver Surfer needed for a Hulk movie?

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #77
AvengeME
Banned User

Long time Hulk fan that desperately awaits the return of the Hulk in Avengers. I think it is important to realize that no matter how much of a "hit" the Hulk is, we should keep the hype contained. Take it one step at a time. The two solo movies did not appeal to the masses by any stretch. Hulk needs to be used on a limited basis. He shouldn't pop up in every major Marvel movie.

That said, I think a May 2015 tentpole is in order. I know they are reserving that spot for a probable Avengers sequel, but if we are ever going to get another Hulk movie, it needs to be released no later than that. Otherwise too much time will have passed and it will be another toss up.

He was never a long time Avenger so making him a staple of that franchise is a mistake. I don't think he should be featured there. He is a stand alone character. Instead, I would do a standalone movie with the Leader and maybe introduce some other key Marvel characters, like Namor or Reed Richards (if they have the rights). But don't make it an Avengers 2 prequel. End the movie with the Hulk getting exiled... setting up a World War Hulk movie or some massive event later on in the timeline.

Maybe do Avengers 2-3 back to back like they did with the Pirates franchise. Hulk could return there but on a limited basis. But Hulk is largely a solo guy and should be kept as such. I imagine 2-3 more featured appearances in at least one more solo movie and 1-2 "crossover" type films.

AvengeME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #78
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Why is Silver Surfer needed for a Hulk movie?
It was regarding a Defenders movie.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:40 AM   #79
MucasMan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengeME View Post

He was never a long time Avenger so making him a staple of that franchise is a mistake. I don't think he should be featured there. He is a stand alone character. Instead, I would do a standalone movie with the Leader and maybe introduce some other key Marvel characters, like Namor or Reed Richards (if they have the rights). But don't make it an Avengers 2 prequel. End the movie with the Hulk getting exiled... setting up a World War Hulk movie or some massive event later on in the timeline.
I agree that they should use the Hulk sparingly as a team member. The Hulk is more of a force of nature, and he is at his best when it's "him versus everyone". That's why a gradual timeline of > The Hulk "too out of control for earth" with the cliff hanger of banishment to Planet Hulk in 2015 > Planet Hulk in 2017 > end the decade with WW Hulk. By the end of the decade, most of the major MCU heroes and villians will have been introduced in films for "Hulk to smash!

MucasMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:50 AM   #80
BrollySupersj
Talent for disruption

So, with no third Hulk movie, and Avengers 2 probably not coming out till 2015, Hulk is gonna be MIA for a while huh?

Old 05-03-2012, 03:35 AM   #81
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

There might be another Hulk movie. But I mean they gave the character 2 chances which is more than most heroes get if they bomb. Though third time would probably be the charm this time around.

Primal Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #82
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by MucasMan View Post
I agree that they should use the Hulk sparingly as a team member. The Hulk is more of a force of nature, and he is at his best when it's "him versus everyone". That's why a gradual timeline of > The Hulk "too out of control for earth" with the cliff hanger of banishment to Planet Hulk in 2015 > Planet Hulk in 2017 > end the decade with WW Hulk. By the end of the decade, most of the major MCU heroes and villians will have been introduced in films for "Hulk to smash!
Planet Hulk or WWHulk would be major steps back in character progression from the Hulk in Avengers. I agree, he wasn't an Avenger for long, but in the MCU his inclusion in this team works far better than it did in the comics and IF they decide to let the Hulk exit the team, he should be with the MCU version of the Defenders.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #83
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrollySupersj View Post
So, with no third Hulk movie, and Avengers 2 probably not coming out till 2015, Hulk is gonna be MIA for a while huh?
If you consider 2013 "a while."
And if you refuse to watch the Hulk TV show that debuts then.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #84
The Guard
Side-Kick

Planet Hulk is a bit of a ridiculous concept, and would probably cost way more than Marvel wants to spend on a Hulk solo film right now. They're not quite to that point with The Hulk, and may never be in this Marvel film universe.

I would imagine some kind of smaller, but still action-packed gray/red Hulk storyline involving The Leader and Rick Jones would be the way to go.

And if I'm right
Old 05-04-2012, 04:04 AM   #85
BrollySupersj
Talent for disruption

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
If you consider 2013 "a while."
And if you refuse to watch the Hulk TV show that debuts then.
I meant on the big screen.

Last edited by BrollySupersj; 05-04-2012 at 04:08 AM.
BrollySupersj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:52 AM   #86
Silvermoth
Avenger

So I guess one of the questions they should ask before they do this is who should be in the next Hulk movie alongside Ruffalo? Amadeus Cho or Rick Jones? Or someone else entirely I suppose.

I would actually rather have Amadeus. He just seems cooler. Rick just seems very '80s for some reason. Kind of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtley.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #87
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

There will be another Hulk movie if I have anything to say about it..

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #88
The Guard
Side-Kick

One thing is for sure. If there is another Hulk movie, its going to go in a completely different direction.

Especially since, based on THE AVENGERS,
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Banner can more or less apparently control it now.

And if I'm right
Old 05-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #89
MucasMan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Planet Hulk is a bit of a ridiculous concept, and would probably cost way more than Marvel wants to spend on a Hulk solo film right now. They're not quite to that point with The Hulk, and may never be in this Marvel film universe.
"Hulk smash puny human who say Planet Hulk ridiculous"
Judging from the reaction of the "Avengers" movie, The good ol green guy just got a boost, and is big-budget worthy

What would be better than Hulk as a gladiator, taking on creatures as powerful as he is, taking on a wife, and becoming ruler of that world, The movie starts with Hulk as the ruler in the first 20 minutes, but then goes back to the point where he was banished, and then forced to fight, and so on, and this all happens OUTSIDE of the current MCU!

Old 05-05-2012, 06:41 AM   #90
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Planet Hulk is arguebly the greatest Hulk story ever.

World War Hulk on the other hand is one of the worst pieces of garbage to ever be printed

Roose Bolton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #91
The Guard
Side-Kick

I confused World War Hulk with Planet Hulk.

Apologies.

Planet Hulk is ok. Still rather see an Earth based Hulk movie, and I don't see them jettisoning him into space at this point.

And if I'm right
Old 05-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #92
metaphysician
Side-Kick

As people have said, Planet Hulk really doesn't fit the MCU. Nobody really wants to banish the Hulk, nor have they for some time. And Banner has *more* control over the Hulk now, not less, to the point where he can actually act as a superhero under sufficiently extreme circumstances. It would really, really come off as out-of-nowhere and unjustified.

The only possible exception would be if it weren't a deliberate banishment, but an *accidental* one, resulting from a science experiment gone bad or such. Make it a bit of a planetary romance where both Banner *and* Hulk have something to do.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #93
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
As people have said, Planet Hulk really doesn't fit the MCU. Nobody really wants to banish the Hulk, nor have they for some time. And Banner has *more* control over the Hulk now, not less, to the point where he can actually act as a superhero under sufficiently extreme circumstances. It would really, really come off as out-of-nowhere and unjustified.

The only possible exception would be if it weren't a deliberate banishment, but an *accidental* one, resulting from a science experiment gone bad or such. Make it a bit of a planetary romance where both Banner *and* Hulk have something to do.
Doing Planet Hulk doesn't mean they have to ape the story beat-for-beat. They could easily have it so that Hulk is shot into space by an enemy, like the Leader, instead of the heroes. Or he could end up accidentally stranded in space while doing something heroic similar to how a certain somebody in a certain movie very nearly got stuck somewhere VERY far away from Earth.

Point is, how he gets to Sakaar ISN'T what matters, and is only important if you want to do World War Hulk (Which they should never do. World War Hulk sucked). The important thing is Sakaar and what the Hulk does when he gets there.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #94
venom892
Got Lucky

Honestly after Avengers I can't see Marvel not doing a Hulk movie with Ruffalo. He stole the show in Avengers and I can easily see a solo Hulk movie with The Leader trying to Gamma irate an entire city.(Much like an arc in Earth's mightiest heroes.)

Old 05-05-2012, 04:16 PM   #95
MucasMan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
Doing Planet Hulk doesn't mean they have to ape the story beat-for-beat. They could easily have it so that Hulk is shot into space by an enemy, like the Leader, instead of the heroes. Or he could end up accidentally stranded in space while doing something heroic similar to how a certain somebody in a certain movie very nearly got stuck somewhere VERY far away from Earth.

Point is, how he gets to Sakaar ISN'T what matters, and is only important if you want to do World War Hulk (Which they should never do. World War Hulk sucked). The important thing is Sakaar and what the Hulk does when he gets there.
I agree - in fact, now that we have a more self-aware and caring hulk, it gives Hulk more depth to fight as a gladiater, FALL IN LOVE, and then care for his subjects as planet ruler, and have his big heart crushed when his wife is killed. I think the audience watching the Avengers with me, really liked this new Hulk.

This can be done without effecting the fidelity or timeline of the MCU, either. I saw an episode (look out, trekkie coming thru) of Star Trek TNG, where CAP Picard was transpoted to a low-teck world, fell in love, lived as a farmer for 20 years, and when he was returned back to the ST TNG timeline, and was only in a "coma" for a few moments, so this Planet Hulk idea could be done without effecting any future Avengers plots.

Banished, misshaped, or slolen - Get Hulk TO PLANET HULK

Old 05-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #96
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Default Re: Kevin Feige says no to another Hulk Movie again.

From CHUD:
INTERVIEW: KEVIN FEIGE (THE AVENGERS)
Quote:
Josh: Is there any work on the Incredible Hulk 2 now that the character has stolen The Avengers? Or is he being kept as a supporting player now?

Feige: There is a possibility. Our deal with Mark Ruffalo would allow it.

Josh: But nothing currently moving forward?

Feige: No!

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:19 AM   #97
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

It will probably happen after the Avengers 2 or at least be released in year 2015.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #98
OsGom
Mind-Taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post

It seems to me that people are just assuming that because Banner was able to direct the Hulk in a single battle against a common enemy, he is all of a sudden a giant green boyscout.

It was one transformation that followed hard on the heels of the Hulk rampaging on the helicarrier almost killing BW and putting a whoopin on Thor. Yes Loki released the beast but after that, the Hulk just did what Hulk does . . . SMASH!

Well if you want to disregard TIH and the Hellicarrier sequence, yeah, he's a great guy. However even when he was in a "controlled state" in the comics, teammates and friends were still wary of when the Hulk might bust loose again. It created a barrier which prevented the character from being fully embraced in any team.

THE most compelling aspect of the character is the struggle with the inner-monster. Yes, he was cast in a more heroic light in the Avengers but the underlying theme was that Shield and his teammates were concerned and uncertain of his stability. Not including these conflicts is essentially neutering the chaotic nature of the character and removing a potentially dynamic story element.

It's not like General Ross went away or anything. One uncontrolled transformation brought on by pain, fear or rage and some collatoral damage (the Hulk's bread and butter) would be sufficient to start the hunt again.

I say make the Hulk an antagonist is the next Avengers! The Hulk CANNOT be controlled. Directed yes. Controlled NO WAY. Furthermore, the Hulk does not WANT to be controlled.

I am not saying to make him evil, I am saying make him the Hulk.

Banner slips up in a moment of weakness and the Hulk busts loose, much like the Helicarrier scene. He uses too much force in dealing with some threat. A town is damaged, innocents are hurt . . . whatever. The point is, it would only take an "unsancationed" transformation to set off another manhunt and rampage. Not really a stretch that The Avengers might assemble to neutralize their brother in arms before he is confronted by the military's Hulkbusters. However, they are all forced to unite in the face of a greater threat. Unfortunately after the threat is defeated the government is able to capture the weakened Hulk and despite the Avengers violent objections they are able to launch the Hulk into space.

Bring on Planet Hulk!

People saying Planet Hulk doesn't fit in the MU need to look back at the Thor boards when "fans" were saying the God of Thunder didn't fit in the MU.

The incredible success of The Avengers that employed SO many varied scifi and fantasy elements is a single movie proves that NOTHING is off the table when adapting these stories.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #99
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

planet hulk will not happen anytime soon. It's JohnCarter of Mars meets Hulk.. NO WAY will disney do that

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #100
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I don't think Planet Hulk would be wise....make it a team up film.