The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #976
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,236
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

Who the hell needs an anti-Christ with Christians like that?

Thundercrack85 is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #977
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,886
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
I swear... If the anti-Christ is alive right now.... He's a priest
...it's beyond me how someone like this pastor can call themself a man of god.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 05-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #978
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 57,780
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
...it's beyond me how someone like this pastor can call themself a man of god.
What's even worse is that they actually have followers

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is online now  
Old 05-01-2012, 11:17 PM   #979
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons
 
Hotwire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,393
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

For the record, this guy is a homophobe.

Hotwire is offline  
Old 05-02-2012, 01:19 AM   #980
Bat-Mite
Side-Kick
 
Bat-Mite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,575
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

I love how the idiot assumes that all gay men display strong feminine qualities, or that displaying strong feminine qualities means that someone is gay. I guess someone needs to tell Prince.

Meanwhile, he considers it manly to physically attack children that are too young to understand these concepts that make him feel so insecure.

Bat-Mite is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #981
Bat-Mite
Side-Kick
 
Bat-Mite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,575
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

Billy Graham endorses NC gay marriage ban

Quote:
“Watching the moral decline of our country causes me great concern," the 93-year-old pastor, who has prayed with every president since Dwight Eisenhower, said in a statement on the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association website. "I believe the home and marriage is the foundation of our society and must be protected.”

The statement continued to say that Graham "never thought we would have to debate the definition of marriage."
I guess that Mr. Graham was asleep during the 60's, because there was plenty of debate about its definition then, which culminated in the definition being legally changed.

I still don't see why these people think they're in the right by forcing their religious beliefs on everyone else. They're the first to protest about how evil sharia law is, but these hypocrites support a Christian version of the same damn thing.


Last edited by Bat-Mite; 05-03-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Bat-Mite is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #982
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,280
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

Home and marriage may very well be the foundation of our society.

Not sure why it has to be straight marriage, though...

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #983
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,236
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

Do keep in mind that they see it as gays forcing their beliefs down their throat. ...Not really sure, how. But, that's their thought process.

Their opposition to Shariah isn't necessarily that it's draconian, like say secularists, it's that it's not derived from their holy book.

Thundercrack85 is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #984
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,280
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

So instead they get to force their beliefs on everyone, but the gays can't.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #985
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,236
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
So instead they get to force their beliefs on everyone, but the gays can't.
Yes, but they believe that they are carrying out God's will. Gays are godless, amoral *insert pejorative* to them.

You can't reason with religious fanatics.

Thundercrack85 is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #986
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,675
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

You'd think someone who's had his mouth all over as many Presidential asses as Billy Graham would be a little more open-minded about homosexuality.

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #987
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Marx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 54,886
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat-Mite View Post
Billy Graham endorses NC gay marriage ban

I guess that Mr. Graham was asleep during the 60's, because there was plenty of debate about its definition then, which culminated in the definition being legally changed.
...people like this love revisionist history.


Quote:
I still don't see why these people think they're in the right by forcing their religious beliefs on everyone else. They're the first to protest about how evil sharia law is, but these hypocrites support a Christian version of the same damn thing.
There is no rhyme or reason when it comes to religious fanatics. Frankly, I've grown sick and tired of the hypocrisy, self-righteousness, and egomania. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the alleged "powerful influence" that I have being part of the "big bad gay agenda". These people act like gays are a super majority in this country that can turn you gay with one glance.

The only thing I that keeps me grounded is knowing that time is on our side...not theirs.

__________________
It can't rain all the time.
Marx is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 07:35 PM   #988
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 57,780
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

if anyone is interested in learning about the men who shaped the world today as well as the gay community. This site's a pretty intriguing read.

http://gayinfluence.blogspot.com/

some of the info (especially on old hollywood, can be a bit provocatively written, so read at your own digress.) But everything is incredibly interesting. Especially about the Titanic Memorial in DC.

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is online now  
Old 05-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #989
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,084
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
if anyone is interested in learning about the men who shaped the world today as well as the gay community. This site's a pretty intriguing read.

http://gayinfluence.blogspot.com/

some of the info (especially on old hollywood, can be a bit provocatively written, so read at your own digress.) But everything is incredibly interesting. Especially about the Titanic Memorial in DC.
Where the hell is Liberace

SV Fan is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #990
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 57,780
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
Where the hell is Liberace
I'm sure he's there somewhere. I haven't gone through them all yet

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is online now  
Old 05-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #991
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,084
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
I'm sure he's there somewhere. I haven't gone through them all yet
I went through musicians and pianists, and no Liberace(although weirdly 2 people were mentioned to be "the Liberace of...." so go figure)

SV Fan is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #992
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 57,780
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

Well ths blogger adds about 1 a day. Always mixing old and new. So i'm sure he's coming

spideyboy_1111 is online now  
Old 05-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #993
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,084
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Well ths blogger adds about 1 a day. Always mixing old and new. So i'm sure he's coming
If I had to make a list of the most influential people in the "gay movement"(or whatever you want to call it) you can't tell me Liberace shouldn't be top 10

SV Fan is offline  
Old 05-03-2012, 08:40 PM   #994
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 57,780
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

well there's some other obvious ones he didn't put till much later.. so he's probably spaced it out so people don't get bored of unfamiliar faces

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is online now  
Old 05-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #995
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty
 
Lead Cenobite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: US
Posts: 2,929
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
NORTH CAROLINA PASTOR ADVOCATES VIOLENCE AGAINST CHILDREN WHO EXHIBIT "GENDER-VARIANT" BEHAVIOR?
http://www.advocate.com/society/reli...cting-children

...so christ-like.
Not much makes me cringe more than seeing hateful people who put up an image of wholesome goodness, posing for pictures with soft, pleasant smiles on their faces.

__________________
Superman with realistic physics isn't Superman.
Lead Cenobite is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 01:13 AM   #996
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,675
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

They're all blasphemers.

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #997
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 75,988
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

Some good news (sorry fellas, no link, I just heard it on the local news this morning). The Pittsburgh Pirates are debuting an "It Gets Better," video at tonight's game. They are also launching an anti-bullying an initiative in the community tonight.

The Pirates may suck when it comes to baseball, but at least they're doing some good.

I like seeing sports teams getting so involved because it is one of the more machismo-driven aspects of our culture. Sports teams and athletes really pushing for accepting homosexuality will go a long way, I think.

__________________
Avatar by Hunter Rider
Matt is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #998
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 32,823
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marx View Post
NORTH CAROLINA PASTOR ADVOCATES VIOLENCE AGAINST CHILDREN WHO EXHIBIT "GENDER-VARIANT" BEHAVIOR?
http://www.advocate.com/society/reli...cting-children

...so christ-like.
This is just disgusting.

Some people's heads are going to explode when gays are allowed to wed and I will be laughing about it.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now  
Old 05-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #999
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,280
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

Gays are already getting married.

And the universe hasn't imploded.

The economy is showing signs of improvement.

And most people don't care because it doesn't effect them.


Which is why I think these people are getting listened to less and less.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 05-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #1000
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol
 
Midnyte_Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 5,177
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights IX

Absolutely hilarious


Midnyte_Sun is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.