The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 04-28-2012, 04:56 AM   #476
antonydelfini
Quiver

Default Re: Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye! - Part 1

We need a Hawkeye/Widow/Fury/Hill/Coulson SHIELD prequel movie. It needs to be darker, more complex, and more story driven than the Avengers movie. It needs to have lots of espionage and superheroics combined.

antonydelfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #477
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonydelfini View Post
We need a Hawkeye/Widow/Fury/Hill/Coulson SHIELD prequel movie. It needs to be darker, more complex, and more story driven than the Avengers movie. It needs to have lots of espionage and superheroics combined.
I agree and it doesn't need to have a super big budget.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #478
succumbtofear
Man With Chops

Quote:

I'd be first in line for that movie. Avengers did a good thing by lightly touching on their pasts, and Hollywood does have a nack for wanting to explain pre-stories now days. Of all the characters and films that could make an interesting prequel, this is the one I'd want the most.

succumbtofear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #479
succumbtofear
Man With Chops

Quote:
A prequel would be nice. The story of how Widow and Clint met sounds interesting. Why didnt Clint assassinate Natasha?

This is something an RPG friend and I have decided to play out, and I really like where our story is going. If it doesn't end up getting deleted by the site-owner, I'll give you a link when we're finished

succumbtofear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:12 AM   #480
warhorse78
Side-Kick

This is great, reading all of these positive comments about Renner/Hawkeye. i'm so totally looking forward to him in this one. Then, in a few short months, Renner will be back in Bourne Legacy.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:19 AM   #481
antonydelfini
Quiver

If you like the loner mysterious but bad a%$ type of characters then you'll like Hawkeye. And BTW, he might be the greatest archer portrayed in movie history ever.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:01 AM   #482
Polux
Side-Kick

I really liked how they handled the whole "how does he always pic THE RIGHT arrow?" thing...since that was my only concern about Hawkeye...

All of the actors completely embodied their characters, and Hawkeye is one BAMF!!

Polux

Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:03 AM   #483
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
I really liked how they handled the whole "how does he always pic THE RIGHT arrow?" thing...since that was my only concern about Hawkeye...

All of the actors completely embodied their characters, and Hawkeye is one BAMF!!

Polux
Yes, that arrowhead system was very cool. One of the best, unexpected details of the film.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:09 AM   #484
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I loved how he wasn't potrayed as a weakling...

Old 05-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #485
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Well that will be difficult considering Coulson's dead..

Old 05-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #486
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretNerdGirl View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Well that will be difficult considering Coulson's dead..
I think you missed the part where they said "prequel"

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #487
thalidomide
The Enemy

If he's going to have his own movie, at least give him the sense of humor that the Hawkeye 616 have

thalidomide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #488
antonydelfini
Quiver

I wasn't really a fan of 616 Hawkeye that's why I enjoyed the taciturn bad ass loner attitude Renner and Whedon gave the character.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #489
Mars452
Side-Kick

Part of me wishes they used that badass compound bow from Thor rather than the weak looking "folding" number he used in this movie that wouldn't likely throw an arrow twenty feet, let alone accomplish the kind of accuracy he achieved throughout the movie. Pulleys and wheels just make everything better. And also, arrows don't work that way, flying straight and and flat like that. "Straight as an arrow" is a misnomer, since they wobble like a sonuva***** in flight.

Yeah, yeah, this is a movie with an Asgardian "god", a flying powered armor powered essentially by magic, a Hulk, and a gravity defying supercarrier that can turn invisible, but suspension of disbelief doesn't work as well for less fantastical elements in a fantasy.

Also, I read somewhere Jeremy Renner actually practiced how to do archery when prepping for the role, but Whedon or some other member of the production team didn't let him use the technique. That's a shame. I haven't done archery in years, but every time he shot something I was all "That's not how you draw a bow!"

Mars452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #490
antonydelfini
Quiver

Black Widow was owning soldiers while sitting and tied on a chair. Hawkeye is a superhero archer, he don't need no proper technique. He doesn't even look at his targets. I'm totally fine with Hawkeye not having proper technique. The same way Im fine with Widow owning guys while tied to a chair.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #491
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars452 View Post
Part of me wishes they used that badass compound bow from Thor rather than the weak looking "folding" number he used in this movie that wouldn't likely throw an arrow twenty feet, let alone accomplish the kind of accuracy he achieved throughout the movie. Pulleys and wheels just make everything better. And also, arrows don't work that way, flying straight and and flat like that. "Straight as an arrow" is a misnomer, since they wobble like a sonuva***** in flight.

Yeah, yeah, this is a movie with an Asgardian "god", a flying powered armor powered essentially by magic, a Hulk, and a gravity defying supercarrier that can turn invisible, but suspension of disbelief doesn't work as well for less fantastical elements in a fantasy.

Also, I read somewhere Jeremy Renner actually practiced how to do archery when prepping for the role, but Whedon or some other member of the production team didn't let him use the technique. That's a shame. I haven't done archery in years, but every time he shot something I was all "That's not how you draw a bow!"

The arrows were all CGI, so Renner's technique didn't matter so much as performing the stunts properly and getting the shot -- with a camera, not a bow. And he looked badass while doing it.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #492
Polux
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalidomide View Post
If he's going to have his own movie, at least give him the sense of humor that the Hawkeye 616 have
Ok, I might be alone here, but even thought he wasn't cracking jokes, I totally got that "smarta$$" vibe from Hawkeye; am I the only one?? It might have been something really subtle in Renner's performance (which is the thing I enjoy the most in actors/acting), the residual feeling from his scene in Thor or maybe it's just me seeing things where they're not...am I the only one?? I guess I'll know for sure tomorrow that I'm watching the movie again...

Polux

Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #493
chris moore
Side-Kick

The other day when I was out back practicing, I actually tried to have a go at drawing and nocking like Clint (but a hundred times slower of course) - just couldn't make it happen. To draw the arrow from the quiver by the nock and shelf it while trying to get the nock anywhere close to the nocking point while keeping the bow vertical is just impossible.

So I'm perfectly happy to let all his technical imperfections slide because even the first part in combat is pretty much beyond belief.

Oh yeah, and cams and sights and stabilisers do not make everything better - IMO as an amateur recurve archer, compounds are nancy bows that remove pretty much all the human skill; and Hawkeye aint going to let some mechanistic gimmick take the credit for his prowess.

chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #494
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Hawkeye REALLY surprised me. I kept hearing everyone say that they were disappointed by the ammount of attention his character got, so I was surprised to find that he really gets quite a large share of amazing moments. He came out being my 2nd fave of the film. just under Cap

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #495
"_____"
Side-Kick

Tony calling him legolas was awesome

http://youtu.be/qsONSCKOCrw?hd=1

^Bats at the avengers

"_____" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #496
antonydelfini
Quiver

Definitely want to see more of Widow-Hawkeye relationship. I want to see their origin in a prequel! No super powers, just pure espionage. It needs to be grittier and more grounded and complex than the Avengers. A great way for Coulson to come back as well.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #497
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Love the way Hawkeye's quiver worked.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #498
cofphoto
Side-Kick

Forgive me if this has already been covered but.....Why is it that in the movie Thor, Hawkeye shoots his bow right handed, but in Avengers he is left handed?

cofphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #499
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

ambidextrous?

Old 05-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #500
The Guard
Side-Kick

He got some nice moments toward the end of the movie, and was indeed quite the badass, but I do wish they hadn't removed him from the proceedings so early. Even if he only had gotten a couple of smaller moments, I think the film would have been better served having him controlled later on in the movie, and not mindless for much of it. He and Black Widow did have a few nice shared elements.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote