The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #51
DoubleO_Stark
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Brand new interview with a Sony representative that suggests a possible Spidey cameo in Avengers 2 if Marvel are up for co producing!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgslUro5Mlk

Old 05-03-2012, 07:25 AM   #52
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleO_Stark View Post
Brand new interview with a Sony representative that suggests a possible Spidey cameo in Avengers 2 if Marvel are up for co producing!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgslUro5Mlk
The great part about that interview is that the door is also now open from Warners for a *Batman* cameo in Avengers 2, too 2

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #53
DoubleO_Stark
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
The great part about that interview is that the door is also now open from Warners for a *Batman* cameo in Avengers 2, too 2
I know! Seems like everyone wants a piece of Marvel money, might just be a DC Marvel live action crossover yet!

Old 05-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #54
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Just a reminder... Kevin Feige said about Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver:

We both have them. There's a specific arrangement with those two characters that would allow us to use them with "Avengers," but not discuss or reference their mutant or Magneto-related lineage. They can use them as mutants and as Magneto's relatives, but cannot have anything to do with "The Avengers."

Old 05-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #55
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I don't think the Wasp would work personally I guess I just can't picture it

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 05-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #56
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
Just a reminder... Kevin Feige said about Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver:

We both have them. There's a specific arrangement with those two characters that would allow us to use them with "Avengers," but not discuss or reference their mutant or Magneto-related lineage. They can use them as mutants and as Magneto's relatives, but cannot have anything to do with "The Avengers."
Yeah, that's the way I've always understood the way Feige said it, and I'm glad he clarified. A lot of posters here were still under the illusion that it's an either-or thing, but he clearly shows that BOTH Marvel and Fox can do their own versions of Wanda & Pietro, within those limits he stated.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #57
AvengeME
Banned User

Eh.... too much baggage. There are other supporting characters in the stables. Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, Pym, etc. No need to bring in mutants or radically alter their background. Mutants don't fit the MCU... not yet.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #58
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengeME View Post
Eh.... too much baggage. There are other supporting characters in the stables. Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel, Pym, etc. No need to bring in mutants or radically alter their background. Mutants don't fit the MCU... not yet.
I agree

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 05-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #59
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

I really, really, really don't want to see a bigger team next time out. I don't think the movie can handle any more big players.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #60
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

It's supposed to be a smaller more personal movie, so the villain has got to be someone who can connect with the heroes very personally. I would say either the Masters of Evil or Ultron.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #61
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
It's supposed to be a smaller more personal movie, so the villain has got to be someone who can connect with the heroes very personally. I would say either the Masters of Evil or Ultron.
Ulton is the best choice, IMO. While Masters of Evil would be interesting, it's a lot of villains. Ultron could end up being a creation of SHIELD's experiments with the tesseract and maybe some work from Banner and Stark.

Because honestly, there's no reason to bring Pym in, IMO.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #62
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

For those that want Ultron......i think it's pretty clear who the villain in A2 will be....and it's not Ultron

DMB #41
Old 05-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #63
OsGom
Mind-Taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0ngsh0t View Post
For those that want Ultron......i think it's pretty clear who the villain in A2 will be....and it's not Ultron
I think going forward they should have a story arc somehow involving Thanos in every solo Avenger movie until A2.

He is the right villain to use in my opinion. At least until Hank Pym is introduced. IMO Ultron doesn't work without Hank, besides he is the gateway to bringing in the Vision.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #64
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
I don't think it's clear. How do you reconcile that with Whedon's plans for a smaller more personal sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
Ulton is the best choice, IMO. While Masters of Evil would be interesting, it's a lot of villains. Ultron could end up being a creation of SHIELD's experiments with the tesseract and maybe some work from Banner and Stark.

Because honestly, there's no reason to bring Pym in, IMO.
Wow, what a refreshing perspective! Most people are like "No, Ultron MUST be of Pym, Pym NAO!!!!1!"

I personally would love if the Avengers, corporately, were responsible for Ultron's creation. Perhaps it starts with Jarvis, corrupted by a judgment call/mistake Cap makes in his film, and powered by the Cube that Thor lets slip away/gives up, that copies Black Widow and Hawkeye's training (perhaps shades of Super-Adaptoid, perhaps Super-Adaptoid is his Mark I version!)... maybe even some Vibranium as his shell from Black Panther (since Adamantium is owned by Fox)... all that good stuff.

That way, when Ultron starts pulling personnel files and really tearing up the characters emotionally, they have an emotional tie to him already.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #65
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Yeah and if Ultron was supposed to be in A2, he would have been in the post-credit scene and not the other super villain that we saw in A1.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 05-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #66
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

If Thanos is the villain of 2, it's not the film Whedon wants to make. That's for sure. I'll take the word of the filmmaker as well as Marvel's desire to make this a long lasting universe over an easter egg, which could easily be a set up for a very long term plan.

Besides, you'll be waiting till the end of the world for Pym to show up. He's not going to.

And putting Thanos in the next one...there'd be no where to go but down from that. I'll stick to my prediction

Old 05-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #67
souNdwAve89
Side-Kick

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I would not be surprised if the tease of Thanos was really just a tease and he might not be the villain in The Avengers 2. Considering how the Marvel Studios heads keep saying that Edgar Wright is near completion or is completed with the Ant-Man script, there is a possibility of them adding Ultron for The Avengers 2 and then Thanos for the third. This would only work if they decided not to go with the Civil War storyline for The Avengers 3 (Kevin Feige talked about it).

Old 05-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #68
DoubleO_Stark
Banned User

Quote:
This would only work if they decided not to go with the Civil War storyline for The Avengers 3 (Kevin Feige talked about it).
How in the bluest of blue hell do they expect to pull that off without at the very least, Spiderman?

Now that I think about it, if Fox, Marvel and Sony co produced a Civil War movie that would be amazing but that's like trying to convert a Muslim into an atheist.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #69
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage27 View Post
If Thanos is the villain of 2, it's not the film Whedon wants to make. That's for sure. I'll take the word of the filmmaker as well as Marvel's desire to make this a long lasting universe over an easter egg, which could easily be a set up for a very long term plan.

Besides, you'll be waiting till the end of the world for Pym to show up. He's not going to.

And putting Thanos in the next one...there'd be no where to go but down from that. I'll stick to my prediction
Agreed on all points. Just because You-Know-Who made a cameo appearance, that doesn't mean that he's going to be the villain in Avengers 2. Think of him like Emperor Palpatine in Star Wars. He's mentioned, but he doesn't actually become a physical threat until the last film of the trilogy. Likewise, Thanos is the sort of villain that you build up to and end a trilogy on. There's no way he's going to be the halfway point villain and cap it off with Ultron. Not only would that completely deflate Thanos, but it doesn't make narrative sense. You build tension. You don't deflate it in your third act. And going from Thanos, a harbinger of universal armageddon, to Ultron, who'd probably be the MCU version of Skynet, would be a massive deflation of whatever tension they build up over the series.

Not to mention the announcement of the cosmic films they're planning, like Guardians of the Galaxy. They're not going to do away with Thanos so quickly when they have a movie coming out which has no less than FOUR characters who're personally tied to him in one way or another (Moondragon's family was killed by Thanos, Drax was created to destroy Thanos, Gamora was raised by Thanos, and Adam Warlock is the Avatar of Life and opposite number to Thanos, the Avatar of Death). Bringing Thanos into Avengers 2 and defeating him would be a complete waste when there's a cosmic movie coming which can potentially make use of him as well.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #70
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
This would only work if they decided not to go with the Civil War storyline for The Avengers 3 (Kevin Feige talked about it).
He NEVER said they were doing it. He said if they were to do it the soonest it could be is in Avengers 3.

And personally, I hope they never do it. Civil War was awful. If they put it to film they may as well bury the MCU, because they're going to make the audience hate at least half of their heroes.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #71
souNdwAve89
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
He NEVER said they were doing it. He said if they were to do it the soonest it could be is in Avengers 3.

And personally, I hope they never do it. Civil War was awful. If they put it to film they may as well bury the MCU, because they're going to make the audience hate at least half of their heroes.
Well, I didn't state that he confirmed it 100%. He only talked about it on a podcast, which is what I previously posted.

Last edited by souNdwAve89; 05-04-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #72
usagicassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengeME View Post
The thing is, they don't need to be brought in specifically as "mutants" (I'm sure they'd still referencing their powers as a manifestation) or alter their background too much.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are a pivotal part of The Avengers world, and as we saw in the cartoon Wolverine and the X-Men, both characters can be pretty badass.

My problem with characters like Wonder Man or Ms Marvel (though I'd never argue against more chicks) is that they're so 'super powered' and 'otherworldly' we already have characters like Thor and Hulk who are mega-ridiculously-powered.

My problem with Ant Man and Wasp is that I just don't think tiny people would translate well to a non-animated film. Personally I'd rather just not see them.

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are both incredibly unique when looking at the rest of the Avengers, and their powers could be visually appealing. Plus, putting Scarlet Witch in could set up for an Avengers 3 or 4 where she goes bat**** crazy and who wouldn't want to see that?

If we were to have Wonder Man and Ms Marvel in an Avengers film, I'd rather have them as Simon Williams and Carol Danvers who help or assist the Avengers/SHIELD in the 2nd film and during the course of the film something happens to them, setting them up for superheroes in Avengers 3. For Ant Man and Wasp, I'd rather just not go there. Ever. lol.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #73
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsGom View Post
I think going forward they should have a story arc somehow involving Thanos in every solo Avenger movie until A2.
Good gawd, no. The *only* non-Avengers movie I could see him featuring in would be the Guardians of the Galaxy film in development, or possibly even Thor. He has no role in the solo exploits of Cap, Iron Man, or Hulk.

Quote:
He is the right villain to use in my opinion. At least until Hank Pym is introduced. IMO Ultron doesn't work without Hank, besides he is the gateway to bringing in the Vision.
I agree on the rest of it. I'm tired of hearing all this Ant-Man hate & denial...Pym *is* on the way, like it or not. And with him comes Ultron. You can't have one without the other, no matter how badly you want to retcon the Marvel Universe.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:18 AM   #74
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
Agreed on all points. Just because You-Know-Who made a cameo appearance, that doesn't mean that he's going to be the villain in Avengers 2. Think of him like Emperor Palpatine in Star Wars. He's mentioned, but he doesn't actually become a physical threat until the last film of the trilogy. Likewise, Thanos is the sort of villain that you build up to and end a trilogy on. There's no way he's going to be the halfway point villain and cap it off with Ultron. Not only would that completely deflate Thanos, but it doesn't make narrative sense. You build tension. You don't deflate it in your third act. And going from Thanos, a harbinger of universal armageddon, to Ultron, who'd probably be the MCU version of Skynet, would be a massive deflation of whatever tension they build up over the series.

Not to mention the announcement of the cosmic films they're planning, like Guardians of the Galaxy. They're not going to do away with Thanos so quickly when they have a movie coming out which has no less than FOUR characters who're personally tied to him in one way or another (Moondragon's family was killed by Thanos, Drax was created to destroy Thanos, Gamora was raised by Thanos, and Adam Warlock is the Avatar of Life and opposite number to Thanos, the Avatar of Death). Bringing Thanos into Avengers 2 and defeating him would be a complete waste when there's a cosmic movie coming which can potentially make use of him as well.
Clearly, people are put far too much stock in Thanos being in the after credits scene for The Avengers. Why in the heck would Marvel use Thanos as the villain for Avengers 2 when he's the ultimate bad guy?

"Oh let's use Thanos in Avengers 2 then bring out the big guns in Avengers 3....uhhh who's bigger than Thanos?" <------ Makes no sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagicassidy
My problem with characters like Wonder Man or Ms Marvel (though I'd never argue against more chicks) is that they're so 'super powered' and 'otherworldly' we already have characters like Thor and Hulk who are mega-ridiculously-powered.
Definately

I'm pretty satisfied with Thor and Hulk being the high powered guys but if they do add WM or MM I'd rather it be Ms. Marvel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I agree on the rest of it. I'm tired of hearing all this Ant-Man hate & denial...Pym *is* on the way, like it or not. And with him comes Ultron. You can't have one without the other, no matter how badly you want to retcon the Marvel Universe.
Agreed

Hank Pym is TOO important to the Marvel universe to not be included, hell he was in even mentioned in THOR.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 05-05-2012 at 03:23 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:42 AM   #75
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

For somone who doesn't follow marvel comics what is the deal with
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
thanos
. What makes him so powerful or whatever that he couldn't work right away in the sequel?

Closed Thread