The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #776
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Rangers can't even play in Europe right now and they owe so much money. Would be owners are dropping their intrest fast as well.

I'm not sure right now how they are going to get out of that situation.

Rangers dropping into the lower Scottish leagues is like a premier league team going to play in the conference.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #777
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Rangers can't even play in Europe right now and they owe so much money. Would be owners are dropping their intrest fast as well.

I'm not sure right now how they are going to get out of that situation.

Rangers dropping into the lower Scottish leagues is like a premier league team going to play in the conference.
Rangers playing in the Scottish Premier League is like a premier league team going to play in the conference!

Sorry, couldn't help it

Old 05-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #778
ttotheusher
In the Palais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
He has his moments lol.
Well, I thought he played well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKO View Post
Real Madrid are La Liga champions.

When he flicks his eyes across, he looks like the ORLY owl!

Whose everyones money on tonight then for the Championship Play-Off? West Ham, or Cardiff?

Old 05-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #779
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post

Someone should stick that as there avatar.

It's a coin flip who gets World Player of the Year between him & Messi. Both have had unbelievable scoring records this season.. the sort of goalscoring records you only see in Football Manager.

For me Ronaldo has just edged it, Messi has scored 10 goals more but has played 4 or 5 more games.. & with the way both players have been this season had Ronaldo played as many games he could have 10+ goals with the amount of hat-tricks they both fire out.
Yeah it's great

Roanldo finishing the season better, Real winning the league and him performing in some important games may tip sympathy back in his direction. It was looking like 10 years of consecutive Messi otherwise. Winning the CL or getting to the final would have secured it for him I think as he's done well there. I guess we still have the international stuff that may play a part. I would also give it to Ronaldo by a sliver and I think others will want to take the chance to vote for him even if they are seen as equal just so it's not the same person every year.

Yeah, their goal records are straight out of Football Manager, when you have cheats enabled.
Quote:
That result at Chelsea could have a massive impact on the Newcastle/City game & the mindset Newcastle will go into that match with. Had they lost to Chelsea, they might have just folded or given up.. now though after that win they are in serious contention to actually finish 3rd nevermind finishing barely in Champions League spots.

It wouldn't surpise me in the slightest if Newcastle drew with City, United beat Swansea & then on the final day of the season City beat QPR & United draw with Sunderland.

League isn't over just yet me thinks..
I said exactly this chain of results to my mate who supports City! Agreed, anything is possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
so am i the only one who believe rangers fc should say sod it and drop to the english 3rd division.

its looking like a much better decision in the long run for the club and with such a die hard fan base i dont see them losing much support. plus in my opinion the SFA need rangers far more than rangers need them

without both rangers and celtic in the league they lose loads of sponsorship deals including tv time with sky
Wait, is that an option? Not sure if I missed something. I wouldn't mind personally.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #780
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Wait, is that an option? Not sure if I missed something. I wouldn't mind personally.
there are rumours of it floating around. nothing has ever been fully confirmed or denied

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 05-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #781
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

If Swansea and Cardiff can play in the English Leagues then Rangers can I suppose.

I've heard alot of fans of other clubs bang on about how Rangers has Shamed Scottish football and must be punished and hwo they don't need them.

Sounds like some Scottish football fans would rather see Rangers leave the SPL altogether.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttotheusher View Post
Whose everyones money on tonight then for the Championship Play-Off? West Ham, or Cardiff?
I'm going West Ham to take a 2-1 lead against Cardiff

Last edited by chamber-music; 05-03-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #782
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 05-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #783
kit1982
Side-Kick

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Keeper should've saved it.....

Old 05-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #784
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I think so too lol.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 05-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #785
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

West Ham 2-0 up against Cardiff in the playoff 1st leg.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #786
kit1982
Side-Kick

Eh if ever there was a game I wish both sides could lose it'd be West Ham vs Cardiff.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #787
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Couldn't believe that when I saw it...

Fiorentina have since sacked him.
As he should be IMO, I mean players disrespecting the manager need disciplining for sure but not assaulting, the guy is a loon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
Surely our United fans have a glimmer of hope?
Quote:
That result at Chelsea could have a massive impact on the Newcastle/City game & the mindset Newcastle will go into that match with. Had they lost to Chelsea, they might have just folded or given up.. now though after that win they are in serious contention to actually finish 3rd nevermind finishing barely in Champions League spots.

It wouldn't surpise me in the slightest if Newcastle drew with City, United beat Swansea & then on the final day of the season City beat QPR & United draw with Sunderland.

League isn't over just yet me thinks..
Yes Kit and glimmer lol, I was thinking what B was thinking as I kept flicking to sky sports news during the Spurs/Bolton match.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #788
kit1982
Side-Kick

United will beat Sunderland, they aren't the side they were a few games a go. I'll go for

Newcastle 1 -1 City
United 5-0 Swansea

Sir Alex will come out and have a go at Ashley Williams and Mark Hughes accusing QPR of laying down for City. This will lead Mancini into a rant
" When you do that with footballers like he said about QPR and when you do things like he said about players like Ashley Williams, I've kept really quiet but I'll tell you something, he went down in my estimation when he did that. We haven't resorted to that, but I'll tell you, you can tell him now he'll be watching it, we're still fighting for this title and he's got to go to Sunderland and get something, and I'll tell you something I would love it if we beat them Love it!

Roll on the final day

City 1 QPR 1

Sunderland 0-3 United with Giggs nabbing the final goal.............

or not.

Last edited by kit1982; 05-03-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #789
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Eh if ever there was a game I wish both sides could lose it'd be West Ham vs Cardiff.
Suprised their isn't a punch up with the rep those two teams fans have.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #790
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
United will beat Sunderland, they aren't the side they were a few games a go. I'll go for

Newcastle 1 -1 City
United 5-0 Swansea

Sir Alex will come out and have a go at Ashley Williams and Mark Hughes accusing QPR of laying down for City. This will lead Mancini into a rant
" When you do that with footballers like he said about QPR and when you do things like he said about players like Ashley Williams, I've kept really quiet but I'll tell you something, he went down in my estimation when he did that. We haven't resorted to that, but I'll tell you, you can tell him now he'll be watching it, we're still fighting for this title and he's got to go to Sunderland and get something, and I'll tell you something I would love it if we beat them Love it!

Roll on the final day

City 1 QPR 1

Sunderland 0-3 United with Giggs nabbing the final goal.............

or not.
I could live with this..

Old 05-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #791
ttotheusher
In the Palais

I know a few pages back somebody posted the acting genius of the Neil 'Slim Shady' Warnock, but has anyone ever seen the rapping skills of Messrs Gamst Pederson and Riise?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 05-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #792
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Wow that was terrible

On another note the Roy Hodson looks like a Owl meme is hilarious

Old 05-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #793
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
On another note the Roy Hodson looks like a Owl meme is hilarious
Link?

Old 05-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #794
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Link?

Old 05-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #795
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Haha poor guy. Actually this should be taken as a compliment.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #796
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

For the love of God, I don't want West Ham back in the EPL.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #797
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
For the love of God, I don't want West Ham back in the EPL.
The question is..do you want Cardiff in there?

Old 05-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #798
Van Petrol
Vacant

Sound like United are on the brink of signing Kagawa from Dortmund for 7-8m. Would be an excellent signing for them, and a steal at that price.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #799
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
The question is..do you want Cardiff in there?
I want Blackpool. Give me Blackpool!

Old 05-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #800
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Sound like United are on the brink of signing Kagawa from Dortmund for 7-8m. Would be an excellent signing for them, and a steal at that price.
Personally I've not seen much of him myself however I have heard & read good things about him over the past season with supposedly several big clubs chasing him including Arsenal & Liverpool from the Premiership. You don't get that sort of attention if you aren't half decent.

The only problem I can think of is he is supposedly an attacking midfielder (also capable of playing on the wings if need be however ignoring this) & in my opinion United don't really play a formation/system that allows attacking central midfielders to flourish. For example I could give you the name of a player that was signed after he recieved rave reviews as an attacking midfielder however since signing hes maybe played an attacking midfield role about 5 or 6 times. Anderson.

Granted, I think Anderson is capable of becoming a good central midfielder as he has shown good tackling ability & for the most part is fairly composed on the ball, however at the moment hes starting to turn abit Louis Saha like being repeatedly injured & it is starting to have an effect on his progress.

If Kagawa were to join, would he be able to play in our system & not be considered a player that could compromise our formation particularly if Ferguson persists in playing 4-4-2?... Which looks likely considering the effectiveness of Rooney with either Welbeck or Hernandez looks doubly effective.

At 7m-8m, I think we should still sign him given that he does look like the sort of central player we need ie someone capable of scoring, however I have my doubts as to whether he'd work in our standard 4-4-2 formation. Perhaps if we went back to 4-3-3 he would work as being the furthest forward of the 3 in midfield with 2 players like Scholes/Carrick/Fletcher in behind him feeding him possession & ball winning.. however I'd imagine Ferguson would have to be very impressed with his ability in the role to consider changing formations for 1 player..

Closed Thread