The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 04-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #26
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
I hated both of them, Ghost Rider is sort of like the Punisher in which both are limited for exciting storylines and while I like Nicholas Cage he seems to ham it up a bit too much which is totally unlike the character.

If I want Marvel to waste their money on more GR movies then have them straight-to-DVD that way I don't have the impulse to see it.
Sorry, but, have you read much GR? There are loads of exciting storylines that they could adapt into amazing movies but for some reason they wont. Most recently, Jason Aaron's run was superb and would make an amazing movie.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #27
Daniel Thompson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
Hell you don't even have to tie them together. Just give them their own little 'dark corner' of the MCU. All they need is their own little niche in the larger universe. I would never expect the Avengers to encounter the Punisher, in terms of the Cinematic Universe. This way, you can have reference the larger world but keep them grounded in their own world within the MCU.
They can do a dark mcu universe where blade, ghost rider and punisher with a few other dark mcu characters are all within thesame universe and seperate one from the avengers world.

Daniel Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #28
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

No more Ghost Rider from Nicolas Cage.

And give the movie rights to Marvel. Spirit of Vengeance was really bad.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #29
Daniel Thompson
Side-Kick

They could also make an arcade grindhouse style Ghost Rider film franchise in the future. It can still be taken seriously with a good story but also be hard rated r and very violent.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #30
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

They just need to start taking the character more serious. Part one did have a good homage to the comics, but it lacked edge and action and was too campy with the Karate Monkey, jelly beans, and horrible script.

Part 2 had a little more action, but lacked again a good script, and had more bizarre Cage outbursts.

To fix this, like DT said, take Cage out of it, and find someone who can take the character more seriously and most essential: A good R rated script.

Midnyte_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #31
Daniel Thompson
Side-Kick

^ I'm surprised GRSOV was not like the Crank films, and wished it wassince the Taylor brothers was directing the film. Jason Statham would of been a badass Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:12 PM   #32
CaptainCraig
Side-Kick

What buoys my hopes for another Ghost Rider film is the fact that after two Hulk films doing middling type box office and written off by many to never be solo again talk is back on of another solo Hulk film.

So with two middling GR films and being written off by many, like Hulk, I have hopes that Sony will make another attempt and possibly put out a quality Ghost Rider film. Same for Punisher really but that's for another place.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #33
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
No more Ghost Rider from Nicolas Cage.

And give the movie rights to Marvel.
I'll quite happilly co-sign this. The characters got so much to give cinematically and I'm sick and tired of them not getting him right when, if they did, it would just be awesome on-screen. There have been slight moments that we've seen thus far but those moments have been swallowed by either sheep indept stupidity or dilution.

Marvel wouldnt be shy in giving us GR as he should be.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #34
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Maybe Ghost Rider is going through a "Joel Schumacher" era...and soon there will be a respectable movie that a fan and the world will be proud of. One can only hope. I personally would wait 10 years for an epic Ghost Rider movie.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #35
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^In all honesty we shouldnt HAVE to wait 10 years for an epic one though, there is enough GR material to make an epic movie they just seem to be ignoring it. Honestly wouldnt surprise if a few years down the line Sony make another GR movie just to keep the rights.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 05-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #36
Steampunk Ghost
"No one but a Ghost"

i found that Spirit of Vengeance was more of a reboot to GR than a sequel. it failed, in my opinion. i think that if they wanted to make another GR movie, heres what needs to happen:

1. NO NICOLAS CAGE.
2. Mark Nevildine and Brian Taylor ARE NOT going to produce the film
3. i think that a sequel, based on the way SoV ended, would be terrible. so, make a reboot HOWEVER dont make it for at least another decade or so. wait until you find the perfect actor for Johnny Blaze.
4. make sure you look extra carefully for flaws or holes in the plot of the film. see, that is why the GR films are not good, way i see it. there were too many holes and flaws. for example, in the first one, the very first time Johnny becomes the Rider, he gets stabbed in the shoulder. next morning, he has a wound that needs to be cleaned up. that very night, he gets shot a hundred times over and the next morning comes out without a scratch. and dont even get me started on the flaws in SoV....too many to count.

so thats my take on this.

Steampunk Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #37
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Well said

Old 05-17-2012, 01:54 AM   #38
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk Ghost View Post
i found that Spirit of Vengeance was more of a reboot to GR than a sequel. it failed, in my opinion. i think that if they wanted to make another GR movie, heres what needs to happen:

1. NO NICOLAS CAGE.
2. Mark Nevildine and Brian Taylor ARE NOT going to produce the film
3. i think that a sequel, based on the way SoV ended, would be terrible. so, make a reboot HOWEVER dont make it for at least another decade or so. wait until you find the perfect actor for Johnny Blaze.
4. make sure you look extra carefully for flaws or holes in the plot of the film. see, that is why the GR films are not good, way i see it. there were too many holes and flaws. for example, in the first one, the very first time Johnny becomes the Rider, he gets stabbed in the shoulder. next morning, he has a wound that needs to be cleaned up. that very night, he gets shot a hundred times over and the next morning comes out without a scratch. and dont even get me started on the flaws in SoV....too many to count.

so thats my take on this.

I had to pretend his powers hadn't fully kicked in yet or something. WTF was that.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:43 AM   #39
Ken-Kaniff
Blue Steel!

There could be a new GR movie, so many good stories to be brought on to the big screen, but they have to make it better!

Spirit of Vengeance was meh, it was ok, but still very flawed. Still, better than the 1st. They gotta make 3rd even better!

Old 05-19-2012, 02:16 AM   #40
Slushy
The Man

Yes, but only if Marvel Studios makes it and it has the REAL Blackheart.

Twitter: TheMachoPunk
Slushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:26 AM   #41
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

My hope is we will get another Punisher situation. Sony made their cheap, crappy sequel to desperately hold on to the rights. It flopped and hopefully Marvel will get the character rights back ala Punisher.

Now maybe we don't get another movie soon, but maybe Marvel can use Ghost Rider in other ways be it a high end TV show or animation, etc.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:51 AM   #42
Blackman
C'mon Son

Did it flop though? It made $132,563,930 on a $57 million budget

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #43
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I wouldnt say it flopped, but I doubt and I dont see Sony rushing to make a sequel, in fact, it literally hasnt been mentioned since before the movie came out.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:47 AM   #44
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Home video may end up being the deciding factor.

S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #45
Apexpredator1
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
Ghost Rider has had two shots at becoming a successful film franchise and both efforts have failed. So should they make another Ghost Rider movie? Also what should be done differently in a future Ghost Rider movie?
Yes. Give it one more shot. I love the character as Marvel's premier fringe character and certainly, one of their most intimidating characters.

The first one wasn't too bad. But they really dropped the ball in the second one. I think the audience was prepped for some interesting stuff in the new movie and they just didn't deliver. For example, when they were in the gravel pit and Blaze picked up the guy with both hands, evidently ready to penance stare him down...what was the long delay for? I mean, what was that about?

It just seemed like there were too many holes in the story and the final product...as if it were too rushed.

Apexpredator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #46
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

It was rushed. Sony was going to lose the rights and decided to make a quick buck.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #47
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

People really want a rated R Ghost Rider movie, you're definitely not gonna get one if Marvel gets the rights back.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #48
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Which is fine, because I'm sure Marvel will still do the character justice. If it were to be R, then I hope whatever studio takes the franchise, will think twice by going the Sony model.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:49 AM   #49
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

It doesn't have to be another movie. It could be for example say a premium cable TV series or just a cable series period you can get away with a little more.

Was the movie a flop? Yes it was. $132 million on a $57 million budget doesn't equate to $75 million of pure profit. $57 million doesn't include P&A either.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:24 AM   #50
thalidomide
The Enemy

The question is, would Disney allow Marvel to make a R-Rated movie?

I love GR, I think he's one of the most badass character Marvel has, but for **** sake replace Nic Cage already!

thalidomide is offline   Reply With Quote