The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #901
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction
 
Gamma Goliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,487
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

greatest movie I've ever seen. an experience like no other.

__________________
Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Gamma Goliath is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #902
darkslayer101
Side-Kick
 
darkslayer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,598
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I finally get to see this film for the first time tommorrow!!!
like everyone says here U ARE GONNA LOVE IT...
but just a quick note: i know that ur a huge thor fan, like me, u might be a bit irked by the fact that he is underused in the movie...but thats just a minor minor minor issue.....

darkslayer101 is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #903
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

^ Nah I think I'll be fine, I pretty much knew that was going to be the case from the get go.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #904
Raiden
What a bunch of...
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 24,966
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
^ Nah I think I'll be fine, I pretty much knew that was going to be the case from the get go.
You can also look it at this way: Thor will be featured in a movie for three consecutive years, starting with Thor's first movie last year, followed by The Avengers, and Thor 2 next year. It's a great time to be a Thor fan.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #905
Oruku Saki
Side-Kick
 
Oruku Saki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: gigantic extradimensional citadel deep underground
Posts: 754
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
^ Nah I think I'll be fine, I pretty much knew that was going to be the case from the get go.
He might be underused...but he damn sure wasn't underpowered! BT, you are gonna dig his power range, not to mention some of the things you wanted to see are right there on the big screen. Only thing I wished to see but didn't were true strength feats from Hulk/Thor. There weren't really any, but then again there didn't really need to be, with all that was going on! Amazing film nonetheless, gets better with repeat viewings (not many movies do that) and I'm gonna see on SUNDAY AGAIN!

__________________
GIVE UP... ON ME GIVING UP!
Oruku Saki is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #906
Oruku Saki
Side-Kick
 
Oruku Saki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: gigantic extradimensional citadel deep underground
Posts: 754
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

OH, and BT, we got our Thor/Hulk team-up moment in the film...can't wait to see them kick ass together some more!

__________________
GIVE UP... ON ME GIVING UP!
Oruku Saki is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #907
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 27,969
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

New TV spot
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://youtu.be/YBt1yz-GVgo

The Caped Knight is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #908
The Ironstar
Side-Kick
 
The Ironstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somewhere out there
Posts: 1,019
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

What Kevin Feige/Tim Burton Thinks of current Batman movies:
http://screenrant.com/tim-burton-bat...ge-1/#comments

The Ironstar is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #909
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oruku Saki View Post
He might be underused...but he damn sure wasn't underpowered! BT, you are gonna dig his power range, not to mention some of the things you wanted to see are right there on the big screen. Only thing I wished to see but didn't were true strength feats from Hulk/Thor. There weren't really any, but then again there didn't really need to be, with all that was going on! Amazing film nonetheless, gets better with repeat viewings (not many movies do that) and I'm gonna see on SUNDAY AGAIN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oruku Saki View Post
OH, and BT, we got our Thor/Hulk team-up moment in the film...can't wait to see them kick ass together some more!
I know, I saw it a few hours ago dude it was quite awesome indeed.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #910
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled
 
Silvermoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sitting comfortably between Loki & Winter Soldier
Posts: 2,204
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

Just got back from seeing it, this is how I felt when it ended:


Flippin' AWESOME!!!! I really don't think I have any severe criticisms or anything. The 3D wasn't as bad as I was expecting (for a post-conversion), though things did get a touch disorienting during the final battle. Agree with what people have been saying for a while, that tracking shot is a THING OF BEAUTY!!!!!

Only downside wasn't with the movie but was with some of the other movie goers. There were a couple people that brought small SMALL children (we had kids crying that had to be taken out more than once, kids asking questions LOUDLY, I know it's one of those things that you just have to deal with when going to the movie theater - but it just kind of grates on my nerves a bit)

Will be seeing it again tomorrow morning in 2D

__________________
Hill:Then aliens invaded New York & were beaten back, by among others, a giant green monster, a costumed hero from the 40's...and a god
Ward: I don't think Thor is technically a god.
Hill: Well...you haven't been near his arms.
~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #911
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

^ There was one kid who kept going "where's Hulk, where's Hulk", I was like chill dude it's called The Avengers not "Hulk and His Amazing Friends".

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #912
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 59,710
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
^ There was one kid who kept going "where's Hulk, where's Hulk", I was like chill dude it's called The Avengers not "Hulk and His Amazing Friends".
You know that's what they wanna see. Brats get antsy during dialogue scenes.

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #913
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision
 
DyeLorean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,954
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
^ There was one kid who kept going "where's Hulk, where's Hulk", I was like chill dude it's called The Avengers not "Hulk and His Amazing Friends".
LOL. Down here that's not much of a problem, we just go to late screenings with subtitles, and that's it.

But it is very annoying when it happens. The kid is not guilty, is his f*** parents who take him out to bother other people.

DyeLorean is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #914
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor
 
scatterax's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: the present.
Posts: 4,516
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

thor's not underused at all. his scenes with loki are the most compelling in the whole movie. he was in all the best fights.

but yeah, bought a ticket for tonight's showing early but than traded it in Thursday night for the midnight show out of impatience. My new favorite movie of all time. (sorry indy) My 3d ticket only cost me a dollar. >

__________________
My 10 personal favorite comic book/super hero movies:
__________________________________________
1) The Avengers 2) The Dark Knight 3)Captain America:The Winter Soldier
4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
scatterax is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #915
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor
 
scatterax's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: the present.
Posts: 4,516
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

my crowd was perfect, they cheered and laughed when they needed to, but never over any dialogue. best. movie. experience. ever.

__________________
My 10 personal favorite comic book/super hero movies:
__________________________________________
1) The Avengers 2) The Dark Knight 3)Captain America:The Winter Soldier
4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
scatterax is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 09:45 PM   #916
"_____"
Side-Kick
 
"_____"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 558
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

how have the friday night crowds been?

__________________


http://youtu.be/qsONSCKOCrw?hd=1


^Bats at the avengers

"_____" is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #917
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham
 
Matt Mortem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: The Mattcave
Posts: 12,171
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterax View Post
my crowd was perfect, they cheered and laughed when they needed to, but never over any dialogue. best. movie. experience. ever.
I wish the same could be said of my crowd. They were so rowdy we missed big portions of dialogue.

__________________
My Nintendo Blog
Matt Mortem is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #918
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision
 
DyeLorean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,954
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterax View Post
my crowd was perfect, they cheered and laughed when they needed to, but never over any dialogue. best. movie. experience. ever.
Same here, man. It really enhances the experience.

DyeLorean is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #919
darkslayer101
Side-Kick
 
darkslayer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,598
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Just got back from seeing it, this is how I felt when it ended:


Flippin' AWESOME!!!! I really don't think I have any severe criticisms or anything. The 3D wasn't as bad as I was expecting (for a post-conversion), though things did get a touch disorienting during the final battle. Agree with what people have been saying for a while, that tracking shot is a THING OF BEAUTY!!!!!

Only downside wasn't with the movie but was with some of the other movie goers. There were a couple people that brought small SMALL children (we had kids crying that had to be taken out more than once, kids asking questions LOUDLY, I know it's one of those things that you just have to deal with when going to the movie theater - but it just kind of grates on my nerves a bit)

Will be seeing it again tomorrow morning in 2D
my reserved seating midnight screening had the best audience...
they all seemed to be hardcore comic book fans and i realized this as the TDKR and Spiderman trailer showed up...
they really cheered as the movie went by.....dead silent when Couslon died and standing ovation after the movie ended and mid credits....
and insane laughter at the end credits

darkslayer101 is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #920
darkslayer101
Side-Kick
 
darkslayer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,598
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatterax View Post
thor's not underused at all. his scenes with loki are the most compelling in the whole movie. he was in all the best fights.

but yeah, bought a ticket for tonight's showing early but than traded it in Thursday night for the midnight show out of impatience. My new favorite movie of all time. (sorry indy) My 3d ticket only cost me a dollar. >
underused in action sequences....but well played in a movie with only 2hrs time limit and other top actors to cater to....
But still to me the frost giant battle in thor is still top of my charts
it makes sense that there is more to come from him in the future, considering we got triple threat of thor, avengers, and thor 2

darkslayer101 is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #921
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,908
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

My midnight crowd last night was great. We were one of four shows sold-out in the house.

I actually went again this afternoon. The theater was 3/4 full for a 1pm showing, which is crazy. No one goes to those.

__________________
kingwrites.com // @kingmatte
Crimson King is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #922
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,190
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

The crowd tonight was very enthusiastic and into the movie. But I could have done without the fool behind me who answered his damn phone, or the little kid who was Captain Obvious Jr. -- kept announcing everything, asked a lot of questions, generally talked all the time until he got too tired to gab. Loki scared him. I was happy.


The multiplex was as crowded as I've ever seen it, and I was there for the HP8 madness last summer. Every show sold out up to the last ones, and they were selling out as we left. People were queuing up for the 11:00 and later shows at 10 PM, hoping to get good seats. I met a couple who had tickets for a 9PM show but the theater oversold it and they were turned away. They got tickets for an 11:35 show. We were lucky to get in at 7:20; it sold out minutes after I bought the tickets. So many people packed the theater that they took out the seating in the lobby and installed crowd-control lanes for the people waiting to get in. It was unbelievable.


Honestly, I think that TA could easily have sold out 10 of the auditoriums in that building all night, given the number of people who tried to get tickets and were turned away. The upscale plaza around the theater was full of people in Avengers T-shirts, carrying toys, kids in Thor helmets or carrying Cap shields, etc. It was insane, in a good way.

xeno000 is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 11:24 PM   #923
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,576
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

I went to the last matinee the theater I went to offered (3:45 PM) and it had only about 70 people in it, which is still good enough to get nice crowd reactions. Never had a problem hearing the dialogue over the laughter, except for after Hulk smashed Loki and missed the "Puny god," remark. Walking out of the movie and into the theater lobby, there already lines of people waiting just outside my theater and lots of people in the ticket line, many in Avengers costume and T-shirts.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #924
The Ironstar
Side-Kick
 
The Ironstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Somewhere out there
Posts: 1,019
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I went to the last matinee the theater I went to offered (3:45 PM) and it had only about 70 people in it, which is still good enough to get nice crowd reactions. Never had a problem hearing the dialogue over the laughter, except for after Hulk smashed Loki and missed the "Puny god," remark. Walking out of the movie and into the theater lobby, there already lines of people waiting just outside my theater and lots of people in the ticket line, many in Avengers costume and T-shirts.
That's good to hear. I'm going to the last matinee also.

The Ironstar is offline  
Old 05-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #925
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,576
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
That's good to hear. I'm going to the last matinee also.
Enjoy then.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.