The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #401
Frontier
Arkham Asylum Inmate

Default Re: "First Teaser-Trailer" Thread

If they don't do the first teaser with TDKR they're just being dumb as bricks.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #402
nifty
New User - Level 0

nice

Old 05-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #403
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman44 View Post
For some odd reason, watching the TDKR trailer makes me excited about seeing the MOS teaser in the coming months.
Same.

I thought the most recent one was great, and knowing Snyder, he usually does great teasers/trailers.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #404
DarthBatman
Side-Kick

I am a little behind on MOS news the general main focus is going to be Superman Vs. Zod Correct?

Old 05-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #405
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Well to sum it up, I guess lol....but it's gonna be a little more than just that, well I hope anyway

Old 05-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #406
Prime
Banned User

Origin, Superman vs Zod, Superman vs the military (so it seems) and who know's what else.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #407
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBatman View Post
I am a little behind on MOS news the general main focus is going to be Superman Vs. Zod Correct?
As well as this (the official descrip):

'In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Henry Cavill) is a young twenty-something journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond his imagination. Transported years ago to Earth from Krypton, a highly advanced, distant planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question 'Why am I here?' Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Costner), Clark discovers having extraordinary abilities means making difficult decisions. When the world is in dire need of stability, an even greater threat emerges. Clark must become a Man of Steel, to protect the people he loves and shine as the world's beacon of hope - Superman.'

We know a few random bits and bobs, like there is a fight in Smallville between Faora, Zod and a possible third villain/creature/we don't know what. We know there is a scene where a bearded shirtless supes rescues some people on an oil rig. We know that there are fight scenes between jor-el and zod. We know there is some sort of battle scene on krypton. We know that there will be a tornado in Smallville, and also a school bus crash. We know there was smoke pumped into the streets of chicago... so i'm guessing that's another fight scene in Metropolis. And we've seen CK cycling around with no glasses in Metropolis.

That's pretty much all the important stuff we know for sure... unless anyone can point out something glaring I missed?

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 05-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #408
DarthBatman
Side-Kick

So do we know how they are doing the orgin story yet will it be a flashback scene so to speak through jor-el or will we get flashbacks in talks with louis? Just curious how snyder is going to do the orgin story.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #409
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Not sure.

Personally i'm hoping it's flashbacks. I'd rather it not be a linear origin like STM.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 05-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #410
Prime
Banned User

The leaked call sheet had one scene with Jor-El being labeled as a flashback. So im guessing some flashbacks will be present.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #411
Blue Sugar
Banned User

I absolutely love that official synopsis.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #412
Marvin
Side-Kick

first teaser drops with batman.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #413
Karelia
King of the 7 Seas

I'm soooo ready for the teaser. Whatever it is. I hope we get some actual footage, and not just a big "S" on the screen... I'll still be cool with whatever it is.

Superman has always been one of my favorites (now he is, after reading quite a few GN's of him.) So I'm really hoping this movie knocks it out of the park.

After seeing The Avengers, and how brilliant the movie is, It just makes me want a Justice League film. Maybe someday.

DC: Superman, Batman, The Flash, Green Arrow, Nightwing, Green Lantern

Marvel: Gambit, Deadpool, Iron Man, Wolverine, Thor Spider-Man
Old 05-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #414
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

You know how Avengers makes me feel?

So many superhero movies have come out over the last few years. And with a few exceptions, the majority of people have seen their 'favourites' treated with respect and given quality stories.

Batman fans have a choice of movies they can love (whether it be Burton's or Nolans). Spiderman fans have a choice of movies they love (whether it be Raimi's, or whether they are excited for ASM instead). X-men fans have a choice of movies they can love (The original triology, Wolverine Origins or X-men First Class).

As a Superman fan, I feel like it's absolutely OUR god damn turn. Especially because i'm not a fan of the Donnerverse, and that's the only 'choice' there has been for Superman fans, in terms of film, since the 70s.

And when I watch Avengers, I can only imagine fans of Avengers or any of those individual characters are over the moon...

I mean, what more could they possibly ask for? Each major member of the team has had it's own successful solo movie (or in Hulk and Iron Mans case, more than one), and now a hugely successful team up that will always be the first of it's kind, and has created so much buzz.

2013 cannot get here soon enough.

I am soooooo hungry for it. I am so jelous, and have been for a good long while, of other fans who have had their needs met by some brilliant films about their favourite hero. Sickly jelous

*\S/T*

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 05-04-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #415
Karelia
King of the 7 Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
You know how Avengers makes me feel?

So many superhero movies have come out over the last few years. And with a few exceptions, the majority of people have seen their 'favourites' treated with respect and given quality stories.

Batman fans have a choice of movies they can love (whether it be Burton's or Nolans). Spiderman fans have a choice of movies they love (whether it be Raimi's, or whether they are excited for ASM instead). X-men fans have a choice of movies they can love (The original triology, Wolverine Origins or X-men First Class).

I can only imagine fans of Avengers or any of those individual characters are over the moon... I mean, what more could they possibly ask for? Each major member of the team has had it's own successful solo movie, and now a hugely successful team up that will always be the first of it's kind.

As a Superman fan, I feel like it's absolutely OUR god damn turn.

I am soooooo hungry for it. I am so jelous, and have been for a good long while, of other fans who have had their needs met by some brilliant films about their favourite hero. Sickly jelous

I'm with you there. I mean I really like the first Superman film a lot (the RDC of Superman II is decent as well) and Reeves was an amazing Superman. But I'm ready for a modern Superman film where he goes all out with his powers, seeing him fly into space and just look over the earth. In fact I would love to see a shot similar to this in the teaser/trailer. (One of my favorite Supes pics)

Last edited by Karelia; 05-04-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #416
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Well they kind of did try and do that in SR... but it just came out so dark and bland

*\S/T*
Old 05-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #417
Karelia
King of the 7 Seas

That looks... VERY bland. Snyder would make it look very colorful & stylized, if his previous work is any indication.

So, has MoS filming stopped or are they still shooting scenes? I haven't kept up with that.

Supes vs Zod just has to be an epic fight. I'm glad he's finally going to have a movie where it has real action scenes.

So is it confirmed MOS teaser with TDKR? Or just guessing? I mean it would be really idiotic of WB not to do it.

/Rambling

Old 05-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #418
hopefuldreamer
I'm a girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karelia View Post
That looks... VERY bland. Snyder would make it look very colorful & stylized, if his previous work is any indication.

So, has MoS filming stopped or are they still shooting scenes? I haven't kept up with that.

Supes vs Zod just has to be an epic fight. I'm glad he's finally going to have a movie where it has real action scenes.

So is it confirmed MOS teaser with TDKR? Or just guessing? I mean it would be really idiotic of WB not to do it.

/Rambling
It's cool, i'm a rambler too.

I'm hoping we do see some of Snyder's flare for colour. I mean, we are all hoping for a more realistic world setting, but things like space and krypton can still be filmed in that Snyder way that makes everything look gorgeous

MOS stopped filming a while back (feb I think it was), but I guess they are just trying not to release things too early as the date is so far away, and there is so much buzz for other heroes that are coming out sooner that it might get lost in the thick of it.

Best to attach it to TDK IMO, for obvious reasons, but nothing has been confirmed.

And yeah, there will be some epic fights without a doubt. I can't even imagine it yet though... but i'm sure my mind will be blown

*\S/T*
Old 05-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #419
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

Quote:
I'm soooo ready for the teaser. Whatever it is. I hope we get some actual footage, and not just a big "S" on the screen... I'll still be cool with whatever it is.

Superman has always been one of my favorites (now he is, after reading quite a few GN's of him.) So I'm really hoping this movie knocks it out of the park.

After seeing The Avengers, and how brilliant the movie is, It just makes me want a Justice League film. Maybe someday.
agreed.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:11 AM   #420
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
They finished shooting three months ago. In fact, they started post-production work during shooting. Snyder and Brenner went through dailies, edited complete scenes, and sent them off to various post-production houses to start work. I wouldn't be surprised if close to half of the CGI work is finished by now. (And they likely have some choice 'money shot' bits for a teaser ready.)

At the rate they're going, MOS will be finished by this fall. It seems likely they'll keep the June 2013 date now, but at least they won't be rushing to complete it like they did with Green Lantern. And if they move it to an earlier 2013 date or late 2012, that's fine by me too.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 05-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #421
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I think the Man of Steel trailer is more important than the Avengers trailer or the Dark Knight Rises. Those films already have built-in audiences.

We also know the general look of those films even without seeing a trailer. We've already seen the Iron Man armor on screen. We already seen what Chris Evans and the rest of the cast looks like in their costumes. We've already seen the visual look and tone of Christian Bale as Batman.

Other than some leaked photos, we have no idea of the visual look and tone of Man of Steel. We really don't know how Henry Cavill looks as Superman.

I'm hoping the teaser trailer gives us those answers.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #422
Fudgie
Banned User

The teaser feels like it's taking forever to get here.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #423
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
The teaser feels like it's taking forever to get here.
To be fair, we really haven't seen any teasers for 2013 releases yet.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #424
Prime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Yeah and most of them (at least in this or related genre) haven't even begun shooting yet. MOS has been done since early February. Plus MOS needs all the help it can get, if it want's to improve on SR numbers.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #425
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Isn't it usually the big summer blockbusters that have teasers around a year before release? Even then, it's usually the ones that don't have many special effects, so I wouldn't expect that anyway.

Man of Steel has the benefit of having a delayed release and being ahead of the production timeline even then. They should start some low-key marketing now though, IMO, perhaps a few character posters.

Closed Thread