The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

View Poll Results: What will be the world-wide box office take of The Avengers?
1.5 billion > 7 4.93%
1.0 billion > 31 21.83%
900 million > 30 21.13%
800 million > 46 32.39%
700 million > 20 14.08%
600 million > 1 0.70%
500 million > 6 4.23%
400 million > 0 0%
300 million > 1 0.70%
200 million > 0 0%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #226
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers Box-Office Prediction Thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
Isn't Ultron more of an Antman/Wasp villain?
Actually Ultron is more of an Avengers villain than Thanos is.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #227
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Prime View Post
oh no im open.explain this to me i really wanna know why the strong belief is its gonna be someone else
Thanos is the guy that "wraps things up" he's not the person you put in the middle of a story, he's the person that is built up to over time. Speaking from a story standpoint, it wouldn't make any sense to go as big as Thanos in the 2nd film then decrease the scale in the third film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
Actually Ultron is more of an Avengers villain than Thanos is.
Yep, MUCH more of an Avengers villain that's why he's a must have for the Avengers franchise in my opinion.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 05-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #228
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

This numbers make me very happy, in the way that we'll have Marvel movies for a very long time.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #229
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't think they would show thanos at the end credits of the first avengers if they weren't gonna use him in the sequel
But use him in the sequel in which way - as the main villain or as a force behind the scenes, puppetering the main villain?

Is Thanos Darth Vader or the Emperor? Anything's possible.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #230
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

We saw Curt Connors in SM2, but he didn't become the Lizard in SM3.

They talked about the Emperor in the first of the old Star Wars movies, but in ESB, he only appeared for about a minute. It was not before ROTJ that the Emperor was the main villain.

The first LOTR movie showed us what Sauron did in the past and we were told how he created to One Ring, but The Two Towers centered around Saruman and his army of Isengart. We had to wait for the third movie for Sauron.

It could be the concept of the Avengers trilogy (if it is a trilogy) that Thanos' presence can be felt in part 1 and 2. But he won't confront the Avengers in person until part 3.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #231
K'Prime
Beast mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Thanos is the guy that "wraps things up" he's not the person you put in the middle of a story, he's the person that is built up to over time. Speaking from a story standpoint, it wouldn't make any sense to go as big as Thanos in the 2nd film then decrease the scale in the third film.

Yep, MUCH more of an Avengers villain that's why he's a must have for the Avengers franchise in my opinion.
I've thought about that as a reason but thanos doesn't have to be and end all but more of an opening for galaxy movies.far as 3rd Ultron is anything but small potatoes for the avengers.they could also go with something loosely based off fear itself.Except leave out the snake and everyone becoming super sayins bit.But I do get the reasoning for not needing thanos to be in 2.I was just looking at it as there taking it 1 at a time

Old 05-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #232
Nokio
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
That's really not Thanos's style. I'm still betting the Pym's will get introduced at some point(Ant-Man is probably not getting his own movie but they can get set up somewhere else) and then you can do Ultron. Ultron can be much more personal than Thanos.
Agreed! Thanos is the villian where the avengers, F4, and Xmen unite to stop. He's that big but it's not gonna happen here so they have to make big in scale though in my opinion.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #233
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I've thought about that as a reason but thanos doesn't have to be and end all but more of an opening for galaxy movies.far as 3rd Ultron is anything but small potatoes for the avengers.they could also go with something loosely based off fear itself.Except leave out the snake and everyone becoming super sayins bit.But I do get the reasoning for not needing thanos to be in 2.I was just looking at it as there taking it 1 at a time
Ultron is definately not small potatoes but he certainly isn't anywhere near the threat level of Thanos.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #234
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokio View Post
Agreed! Thanos is the villian where the avengers, F4, and Xmen unite to stop. He's that big but it's not gonna happen here so they have to make big in scale though in my opinion.
with avengers making so much money and TDKR more than likely making so much money then disney have no chance of getting the rights back for daredevil, FF, X-MEN and spidey. film writes are hotter than ever.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #235
Nokio
Side-Kick

My god what does it matter who makes more!! Good Lord people I hope both do well. It looks so far that Avengers is gonna be a big hit. Well guess what to those who are taking sides i hope Batman does similar or higher numbers. I'm happy that i'm in a time in a point that Hollywood is doing justice to these films. Not all have worked but its been better then we deserve from Hollywood with their track record.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #236
Nokio
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
with avengers making so much money and TDKR more than likely making so much money then disney have no chance of getting the rights back for daredevil, FF, X-MEN and spidey. film writes are hotter than ever.
Dude you're preaching to the choir. I already said that. Marvel is gonna have to pry them rites from FOX's cold dead hands. Although I can see them holding Xmen but F4, DD and SS and Galactus??? I thought FOX has to play or loose. I've not seen any mention of a SS film that FOX claimed was down the pipe. I hope Marvel can get them back.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #237
Juicy J
Side-Kick

If this movie doesn't break box office records it will blow my mind.
Each showing I've seen has been packed.
Dozens and dozens of my friends have already seen it.
Heck, a friend of mine who works the movie theater closest to me told me that in the 10 years it's been open, that theater has never sold out as many showings as it did yesterday. They even had to cancel a showing of Wrath of the Titans to play the Avengers, and that showing sold out.
So like I said: if this doesn't break records, I will be flabbergasted.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #238
Pond
Side-Kick

Quote:
My god what does it matter who makes more!! Good Lord people I hope both do well. It looks so far that Avengers is gonna be a big hit. Well guess what to those who are taking sides i hope Batman does similar or higher numbers. I'm happy that i'm in a time in a point that Hollywood is doing justice to these films. Not all have worked but its been better then we deserve from Hollywood with their track record.
I am a huge Whedon fan: i have seen great shows of his beiing mishandled by netwoorks (aka Fox) and being cancelled; i have seen them struggle with ratings... So forgive me a little if i just get excited a little with this.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #239
Mary Jane Watson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy J View Post
Heck, a friend of mine who works the movie theater closest to me told me that in the 10 years it's been open, that theater has never sold out as many showings as it did yesterday. They even had to cancel a showing of Wrath of the Titans to play the Avengers, and that showing sold out.
Same here, in my small town and I have never seen A HUGE line up in my life and everyone enjoyed= GOOD WOM

A movie stands on its own. The "changes" aren't important - the quality of the film is.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #240
Mary Jane Watson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nothing wrong with people who just get excited about who makes more. I enjoy that too... especially when you make bets with ur friends or people.

A movie stands on its own. The "changes" aren't important - the quality of the film is.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #241
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy J View Post
And the thing is the rate this is going no one will be able to use the 3D excuse. Sure 3D pumped the sales figures of this film, but the ticket sales are flying off the shelf as well. In fact this was only the 7th largest release, less than the dark knight, less than Harry Potter, so this movie could have possibly had even more astronomical numbers had it more theaters available.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Old 05-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #242
ToastMaGoats
Newbie First Class

Do we have a WW total for Friday yet??

Old 05-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #243
kedrell
Band user

$414.817M WW by friday midnight.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #244
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I love how there were some skeptics who said Avengers would roughly gross what Iron Man did; it's worldwide total will surpass Iron Man 1 on Monday, and Iron Man 2 no later than Wednesday Night.

This might be overselling the movie, but it could hit 1 Billion Dollars WW before MiB even opens in 3 weeks.

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
Old 05-05-2012, 03:41 PM   #245
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Man, this movie is a juggernaut!!

Old 05-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #246
The Morningstar
Banned User

450 us. 650-700 int.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #247
PokeJ
Side-Kick

I can't believe how busy my local theater has been today. I drive by it a couple of times a day, and there are lines wrapped around the building. This is a big theater chain too w/ an Imax theater. I believe this movie can do 60+ mil today.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #248
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I love how there were some skeptics who said Avengers would roughly gross what Iron Man did; it's worldwide total will surpass Iron Man 1 on Monday, and Iron Man 2 no later than Wednesday Night.

This might be overselling the movie, but it could hit 1 Billion Dollars WW before MiB even opens in 3 weeks.
Hehehehehe it's down right hilarious to me, I new that wasn't going to be the case from day one.

It's common sense really, I think some people were doubting just because they like being oppositional.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #249
Boom
I got nothin'

Huge congratulations to Joss Whedon and Marvel Studios.

This movie deserves every cent it makes .

Old 05-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #250
Juicy J
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post

At this point nothing would surprise me. I knew it'd be big, but man...
It puts a little pep in my step that it's doing as well as it is. Even though I had literally nothing to do with the film I feel like it's my baby in a way, cause I've been foaming at the mouth for this for six years. I was a freshman in high school when I first started nagging my friends about this thing, and now I'm a sophomore in college, it's finally here...and its kicking all kinds of ass.
I couldn't be happier about the whole thing

Closed Thread