The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #226
NDX
Smack Talker Skywalker

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread....Starring Brock Lesnar. - - - - Part 60

What the hell, did Steiner tweet a novel?

Old 05-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #227
Superark
The Purveyor of Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Exactly. But it's still entertaining.

If those guys and several others go, then the company is done. I can see Hogan reaching to get some of his friends and cronies to replace them if it comes down to that, but if bringing in guys like the Nasty Boys like two years ago is any indication....

I really don't get Dixie Carter. It's painfully obvious that Hogan is beyond his time and doesn't know anything. The last two years have shown this, why put so much faith in him? And the same with Vince Russo.
She's a mark, pure and simple. After owning TNA for 10 years, she still has no clue about wrestling and is easily manipulated. Bischoff and Hogan are masters of the game, and as history has shown, it doesn't take much to convince Dixie.

What's sad, and embarrassing, is she has even lost power of her own with Spike since Bischoff has come in because they rather deal with him than Dixie. Now you could look at this as a good thing for TNA since Bischoff gives them more incentive to sign TNA to tv deals (thus keep his money inflow), but it reflects poorly on Dixie that after all these years she still viewed as a "bumpkin" by a number of TV executives and advertisers in the business.

In hindsight, it's easy to see why Heyman and JR wanted so much control if they were going to sign with TNA. There is too many cooks in the kitchen so to speak. The right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing in that company. Not only that, anytime TNA starts to build goodwill back up with it's fanbase, they tear it right back down.

Hogan and Bischoff have brought some positives to the company, but not enough to keep them signed.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #228
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
That's funny you say that about Serena since WWE already had here and kicked her to the curb without using her to her full potential.
And she only got to the main roster because she was the only women in developmental willing to shave their head. Hopefully now she's got herself back on track and gathered experience working in Japan and Mexico, WWE or TNA will giver her another shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superark View Post
This is the main thing I worry about for the company. I could easily see Roode, Storm, Ray, and few others leaving if offered nice contracts from WWE. If TNA loses guys like them, they are screwed from a talent perspective.
This has got to be a key concern as at the end of the day both financially and career wise WWE is still the place to be, and it's not like TNA are treating a lot of them that well that they'd worry about the tougher WWE road.

Quote:
The backstage atmosphere and politics has never been worse in TNA and you have to blame Hogan & Bischoff, but mostly Dixie for allowing it to happen.

What's interesting is how Hogan and company have even upset and soured veterans of the company like Sting. Steiner has mentioned Sting's disdain for what's been happening backstage and with some other things.

Velvet botches a lot still but I'll watch her in the ring any day over the screaming, zero personality, plastic barbie known as Kelly Kelly.
Is that why Sting is on another leave of abscense? I thought Dixie trusted and valued him more than anyone, you'd think she take note of his views on the Hogan/Bischoff disaster.

Heh! fair enough.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #229
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

We've talked before about best feuds and so forth but who would everyone pair up as having the best in-ring chemistry?

A few pairings that come to mind.

Flair and Steamboat

Sting and Vader

Bret and Hennig

HBK and Bulldog

Rock and Triple H

Punk and Cena

Benoit and Angle

Taker and HBK

Randy Savage and Flair

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #230
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
TNA will never grow beyond their current status if they keep up what they are doing. Fortunately for them they are the highest rated show on Spike and their biggest ally at Spike TV just got promoted. TNA will be on that network for quite a long time.

Honestly, with Bischoff's place in the company and rising power with Spike officials (they rather deal with him than Dixie), I would not at all be surprised to see Bischoff convince Spike/Viacom to buyout TNA and put him in charge. At some point The Carter family is going to stop feeding Dixie money and cut her off if TNA doesn't grow.

Dixie is a moron. She may be a great person, but she has zero clue about the business.
Eric Bischoff would be good for TNA if they released his son (or at least sent him to OVW for development and not have him debut until he's ready and Eric leaves as an on-screen character, which is what they should have done in the first place) and dumps Hulk Hogan. That's not going to happen though. And if Hogan gains more power behind the scenes and decides that he should show up on Impact every week, I don't know what that means for TNA.

TNA's biggest fear should be Hogan gaining more power backstage. When Hogan gains more power backstage, it doesn't bode well for the company in general. When he was in WWE, he couldn't gain more power backstage due to Vince McMahon. With TNA, Hogan can easily convince Dixie Carter to give him more backstage powers, even more than what Triple H currently has in WWE. And Dixie would probably give Hogan more power too.

If Eric becomes the new owner, the odds are high that Hogan gains more power backstage, even possibly becoming co-owner of TNA. If Eric buys the company, Hogan is the key factor in TNA's future. If Eric announces that Hogan is co-owner of TNA and is given full reign over the TNA product, TNA will not survive to see it's 20th anniversary. If he decides not to have Hogan involved in the company, than TNA may have a bright future afterall.

If we see rumors that Eric Bischoff has convinced Panda Energy to sell, the key is whether or not Hogan is involved.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 05-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #231
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
We've talked before about best feuds and so forth but who would everyone pair up as having the best in-ring chemistry?

Flair and Steamboat

Sting and Vader

Bret and Hennig

HBK and Bulldog

Rock and Triple H

Punk and Cena

Benoit and Angle

Taker and HBK

Randy Savage and Flair
Rock and Austin

Foley and Triple H

Ziggler and Daniel Bryan

Daniel Bryan and Sheamus

Angle and Mysterio

Eddie Guerrero and Mysterio

Batista and Undertaker--how odd was this?

Old 05-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #232
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Rock and Austin

Foley and Triple H

Ziggler and Daniel Bryan

Daniel Bryan and Sheamus

Angle and Mysterio

Eddie Guerrero and Mysterio

Batista and Undertaker--how odd was this?
Haha! yeah, I don't think any of us saw Batista ending up on an in-ring list.

Bret and Bam Bam Bigelow

HBk and Angle

Sting and Rick Rude

Flair and Dusty

Benoit and Jericho

Beer Money and The MCMG's

Old 05-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #233
Superark
The Purveyor of Good

Quote:
And she only got to the main roster because she was the only women in developmental willing to shave their head. Hopefully now she's got herself back on track and gathered experience working in Japan and Mexico, WWE or TNA will giver her another shot.

This has got to be a key concern as at the end of the day both financially and career wise WWE is still the place to be, and it's not like TNA are treating a lot of them that well that they'd worry about the tougher WWE road.

Is that why Sting is on another leave of abscense? I thought Dixie trusted and valued him more than anyone, you'd think she take note of his views on the Hogan/Bischoff disaster.

Heh! fair enough.
Agreed. WWE will always be the big stage and where the most money is made. Unless you are a guy like Styles, who is loyal and willing to ride out the bad, at some point WWE is hard to turn down when given the right offer.

The thing is, I don't know if Sting is voicing his concerns to Dixie or anyone else in management. Steiner talked about Sting mentioning TNA becoming like WCW at the end and wondering the hell was going on in the company, along with the hypocrisy of Hogan holding chapel backstage on Sundays. Sting has never been the most political guy in the world and usually trys not to cause waves. I think he comes in, does his job, and helps where he can. I'm not sure why Sting left TV.

Quote:

Flair and Steamboat

Sting and Vader

Bret and Hennig

HBK and Bulldog

Rock and Triple H

Punk and Cena

Benoit and Angle

Taker and HBK

Randy Savage and Flair

Off the top of my head..

Benoit & Angle

RVD & Jerry Lynn

Sting & Vader

Sting & Flair

Taker & HBK

Dusty & Flair

Styles & Daniels

Hogan & Savage (not great technically, but damn these guys knew how to play off one another).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Eric Bischoff would be good for TNA if they released his son (or at least sent him to OVW for development and not have him debut until he's ready and Eric leaves as an on-screen character, which is what they should have done in the first place) and dumps Hulk Hogan. That's not going to happen though. And if Hogan gains more power behind the scenes and decides that he should show up on Impact every week, I don't know what that means for TNA.

TNA's biggest fear should be Hogan gaining more power backstage. When Hogan gains more power backstage, it doesn't bode well for the company in general. When he was in WWE, he couldn't gain more power backstage due to Vince McMahon. With TNA, Hogan can easily convince Dixie Carter to give him more backstage powers, even more than what Triple H currently has in WWE. And Dixie would probably give Hogan more power too.

If Eric becomes the new owner, the odds are high that Hogan gains more power backstage, even possibly becoming co-owner of TNA. If Eric buys the company, Hogan is the key factor in TNA's future. If Eric announces that Hogan is co-owner of TNA and is given full reign over the TNA product, TNA will not survive to see it's 20th anniversary. If he decides not to have Hogan involved in the company, than TNA may have a bright future afterall.

If we see rumors that Eric Bischoff has convinced Panda Energy to sell, the key is whether or not Hogan is involved.

If they would have kept all references to Garrett being Bischoff's son off tv and let him slowly develop in a training school and on TV, maybe maybe you could have tried to give him a little undercard push. Now he will never succeed because of the Bischoff name and the way he's been presented.

The thing with Hulk is most believe he actually wants to help TNA, but he has zero clue how to do that and is so clueless and out of touch, as well as being so wrapped up in the Hogan character, that he hurts the company more than anything. Granted he still looking out for himself at the end of the day and is an egomaniac, but at least he tries in his own BS and twisted way. Hogan needs to go. He's not worth the price.

Bischoff is nothing more than a leech and a ahole.

Get rid of the Hogan, Bischoffs, RVD, Flair, and anyone else who cost you money and doesn't care about the company and giving back.

Keep Hardy and Angle as your veteran "top name" stars. Build up Bully Ray. Make Roode, Storm, and AJ as the face and heart of your company. Let Sting be your company ambassador.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #234
Lobo
Mmhmmm him

Best in ring chemistry? In no particular order

Hogan and Savage

Rock and Trips

Foley and Taker

Edge and Cena

Savage and Flair

Booker T and He who shall not be named

Sting and Flair

Bret and Owen

Shawn and Bret

Jericho and HBK

Those are the first that come to mind

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Old 05-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #235
Superark
The Purveyor of Good

I should have put HBK & Angle on my list. In my opinion, those two still hold the crown of putting on the best Wrestlemania match in history (with HBK vs. Taker at Wrestlemania 25 a close second).

Old 05-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #236
Dr. Evil
Gamora

- The Rock wrote on Twitter that he wrapped filming Pain & Gain yesterday and is now in New Orleans finishing up GI Joe 2.

I have my doubts that he'll be at Wrestlemania 29.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 05-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #237
ImWithTeamConan
Avenger of Comedy

Watched Avengers last night at a late showing, first trailer was Expendables 2 and when it was done a couple guys tried starting a YES chant, LOL.

2012 Knockout Kings Fantasy Football Champion
Old 05-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #238
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Bret and Diesel
Shawn Michaels and Austin
HHH and Goldust
Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes
Ziggler and Daniel Bryan
CM Punk and Cena
Owen Hart and Brittish Bulldog
Angle and ''he who shall not be named''
Taker and Mick Foley

Old 05-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #239
TheOnlyOmega
Banned User

Quote:

Flair and Steamboat

Sting and Vader

Bret and Hennig

HBK and Bulldog

Rock and Triple H

Punk and Cena

Benoit and Angle

Taker and HBK

Randy Savage and Flair
Figured someone would say HBK and HHH, I love all of the matches they've had.

Another underrated pair-up is Edge/Taker

Old 05-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #240
Spike014
Side-Kick

Rumor has it Goldust has been released.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #241
Pink Ranger
I got magic to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDX View Post
That would be one more than he's read.

~H.E.~
Old 05-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #242
Superark
The Purveyor of Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDX View Post
Thee workers in the back are apparently loving him for it.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #243
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Agreed. WWE will always be the big stage and where the most money is made. Unless you are a guy like Styles, who is loyal and willing to ride out the bad, at some point WWE is hard to turn down when given the right offer.

The thing is, I don't know if Sting is voicing his concerns to Dixie or anyone else in management. Steiner talked about Sting mentioning TNA becoming like WCW at the end and wondering the hell was going on in the company, along with the hypocrisy of Hogan holding chapel backstage on Sundays. Sting has never been the most political guy in the world and usually trys not to cause waves. I think he comes in, does his job, and helps where he can. I'm not sure why Sting left TV.
I honestly wish he wasn't so loyal, I mean it's a two way street and they have shown no loyalty to him at all, I thought the way they took the title off him and gave it to RVD would have been the final straw.

I can see how that would be for Sting, he never did get involved a lot on the political side even in his prime and so at this stage he probably just wants to be away from the mess, the thing is the younger guys really need a strong willed vet to be their spokesman.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #244
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Imagine Michael Bay directing the WWE/TNA feud.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #245
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

or even just a wwe superstars promo

''ok I want the camera shot to start from Cena's feet then slowly rotate moving up, also I want to make it so the audience hears his heartbeat''

Old 05-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #246
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite-owl View Post

Pyrotechnics galore!!!

Old 05-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #247
MMMMM...Pancakes
SHOCK The World

Quote:

We'd get...
-A lot of slow-mo and explosions.
-R-Truth would be ripped in half.
-Unnecessary humor in the wrong moments.
-Triple H being defeated by a small cube and his body dumped into the ocean.
-Hornswoggle humping legs.
-And everything won't make any sense.

***Wrestling Thread Crew***

Last edited by MMMMM...Pancakes; 05-05-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #248
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyOmega View Post
Figured someone would say HBK and HHH, I love all of the matches they've had.

Another underrated pair-up is Edge/Taker
Good call. Another odd pairing that had good chemistry.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #249
Wheels
Explicit Ambrose Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMMM...Dounuts View Post
We'd get...
-A lot of slow-mo and explosions.
-R-Truth would be ripped in half.
-Unnecessary humor in the wrong moments.
-Triple H being defeated by a small cube and his body dumped into the ocean.
-Hornswoggle humping legs.
-And everything won't make any sense.
So, basically it would be like Vince Russo on steroids?

Quote:
There's been an awakening... Have you felt it?

The Dark Side, and the Light.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #250
Pink Ranger
I got magic to do

Quote:
Divas and Knockouts would only be hired for their looks and not their ability. Oh, wait ...

~H.E.~
Closed Thread