@edgarwright

Received this in the mail. What can it mean? http://twitpic.com/9hnn6t

6:11 PM - 5 May 12 via Tweetpic for iPhone Details
https://twitter.com/#!/edgarwright/s...92129881964544

Old 05-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #252
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Default Re: Edgar Wright's Ant-Man

It would be funny if they showed that Ant Man was in the Avengers, and helped in a big way and we just didn't see it and no one knew. Like he was actually there when they were all arguing, and he was out on the front lines with them fighting the aliens.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #253
Beikoku Taichou
Side-Kick

If they do an Ant Man movie, how about Living Laser as the villain?

I know these days he is more associated with Iron Man, but in his first appearance he had an infatuation with Wasp, and therefore had it out for Hank. In a movie version they could really play up the cool gadget spy vs. spy type action.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #254
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artistsean View Post
It would be funny if they showed that Ant Man was in the Avengers, and helped in a big way and we just didn't see it and no one knew. Like he was actually there when they were all arguing, and he was out on the front lines with them fighting the aliens.
I'd love it if they took that approach to him. make it self-aware that he is the hero nobody knows (or really cares) about, and make it about him proving himself. an "other guys" superhero movie, if you will. maybe have his villain be a c lister like leap frog or paste pot pete having similar crises with their inadequacies. I've mentioned this before in this very thread lol.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Welcome to the hype, we hate fun #gategate #SeriousBusiness
H.E
Old 05-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #255
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Back to being pumped for this After Avengers, I agree with introducing Ultron in some capacity in the AM film and later on down the road letting him Become the Ultron we all love maybe they can pull an EMH and use an army of Ultrons to take down Thanos and whatever he brings with him to Earth in TA2 then in TA3 he can do his thing and introduce Vision

Old 05-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #256
Blight616
Side-Kick

I've been hyped for this for quite awhile now. Hopefully after the Avengers success Marvel gets to work on this right away.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #257
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beikoku Taichou View Post
If they do an Ant Man movie, how about Living Laser as the villain?

I know these days he is more associated with Iron Man, but in his first appearance he had an infatuation with Wasp, and therefore had it out for Hank. In a movie version they could really play up the cool gadget spy vs. spy type action.
Ultron is the obvious first choice.
I'm not too keen on hokey Silver Age names like "Living Laser" or "Human Top" or "Egghead" --- *if* any of those are chosen to be the villain, I'd hope they're given cooler, more modern names.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #258
OokieSpookie
Newbie First Class

I just can not see Edger Wright (and I LOVE Shaun of the Dead, I LOVE Hot Fuzz, I LOVE Spaced, I think Scott Pilgrim was overrated all to hell) can make a movie that will deliver a character that will belong in the MCU.
He can make a great sarcastic and campy movie and Ant Man is perfect for that, but to take seriously?
I know he has signed to make a film version of Kolchak the Night Stalker with Johnny Depp so we will see if that or Ant Man gets priority.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #259
Blackman
C'mon Son

i think i read Nightstalker is gonna be the next film Wright shoots after "The World Ends"

Old 05-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #260
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackman View Post
i think i read Nightstalker is gonna be the next film Wright shoots after "The World Ends"

And I also read that Kevin Feige keeps telling interviewers to watch this summer and/or the next couple of months for big news about Ant-Man.

So it remains to be seen which iron gets which fire. Right now, "The World Ends" seems to be Priority #1.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #261
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

and honestly it should be. worlds end is a personal project that he's been hoping to make for years, granted, he's wanted to make ant man for years as well, but honestly, is the world really hurting for an ant man?

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
H.E
Old 05-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #262
Jordacar
The Endless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
and honestly it should be. worlds end is a personal project that he's been hoping to make for years, granted, he's wanted to make ant man for years as well, but honestly, is the world really hurting for an ant man?
Mine is!

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #263
rayc1971
Side-Kick

Quote:
you would think after the success of avengers antman would be next.at this rate antman wont make avengers 2.i know alot of people love edgar wright but he seems to be playing around with making this movie.antman needs to be made before 2015 so he fits in avengers 2.he should have been in part 1 for gods sake.marvel needs to give antman to someone who wants to make it and have it ready for 2014.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:07 AM   #264
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
it is.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 05-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #265
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Wright should move on if he's sitting on this property. There are plenty of others who can do the character justice. Wright's isn't the only take, and his original vision doesn't seem to fit with the MCU that well. Don't know about his rewrite, but he'll take years at the rate he's going.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #266
rayc1971
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Wright should move on if he's sitting on this property. There are plenty of others who can do the character justice. Wright's isn't the only take, and his original vision doesn't seem to fit with the MCU that well. Don't know about his rewrite, but he'll take years at the rate he's going.
agreed!he is just sitting on this he has a movie he is starting september than the nightstalker.he aint gonna mis the chance to work with johnny depp.avengers 2 2015 so antman needs to be ready before then.they still have a chance to move on and hve it ready 2014.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #267
HighFivingMF
Welp.

If Wright goes, so does my interest.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #268
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
^He's not alone in this. There's a reason Marvel never came and said that Ant-Man needed to be MCU this or that. Wright is not replaceable.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #269
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I really don't think this movie is ever coming out.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #270
BatsDC
Tranktastic

I wouldn't give up on it just yet.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #271
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
That would be like thinking Jon Favreau's is the only take on Iron Man.

There are others who could do the character justice and do better than him even. It's one thing to say he would like to do this, but another to actually get his act together and move forward with it. At the moment he almost seems to have his finger in too many pies to be of much use regarding this project.

To paraphrase the saying: the road to development hell is paved with good intentions.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #272
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post

^^^This.

Feige has been teasing Ant-Man since The Avengers blew up the theaters, but there seemed to be frustration with Wright's foot-dragging in some of his comments. Since the man hasn't been able to turn in a usable script in the five-plus years he's had the character tied up in development hell, it's time to hire someone who can complete the project. Many of Wright's ideas were incompatible with Marvel's framework anyway, which might be a large part of the problem. Whatever the problem, Hank Pym/Ant-Man and related characters like the Wasp, Ultron, the Vision and Jocasta are far more important to Marvel than the whims of a single director.

Feige should hire a writer who can do the character justice and fit him seamlessly into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and complete the film in the next four years. That, or forego a solo outing for Ant-Man and dimply fold him in with the already established team. They can then spin him off into solo adventures later, if the audience response warrants that.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #273
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
^^^This.

Feige has been teasing Ant-Man since The Avengers blew up the theaters, but there seemed to be frustration with Wright's foot-dragging in some of his comments. Since the man hasn't been able to turn in a usable script in the five-plus years he's had the character tied up in development hell, it's time to hire someone who can complete the project. Many of Wright's ideas were incompatible with Marvel's framework anyway, which might be a large part of the problem. Whatever the problem, Hank Pym/Ant-Man and related characters like the Wasp, Ultron, the Vision and Jocasta are far more important to Marvel than the whims of a single director.

Feige should hire a writer who can do the character justice and fit him seamlessly into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and complete the film in the next four years. That, or forego a solo outing for Ant-Man and dimply fold him in with the already established team. They can then spin him off into solo adventures later, if the audience response warrants that.
I really think this would be the way to do it

Just curious: what were some of Wright's ideas?

Old 05-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #274
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
I really think this would be the way to do it

Just curious: what were some of Wright's ideas?
In a nutshell: Hank Pym as Ant-Man of the 60s, Scott Lang as Ant-Man of the present. It wasn't going to be a pure comedy like his other movies (he stressed that continually) but more of an action movie with some comedy like Iron Man. It had an espionage angle.

Are people who want Wright at all costs saying that no-one else can do that?

Why not get someone like Brad Bird for Ant-Man?

Old 05-11-2012, 08:09 PM   #275
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

if not wright then brad bird would be amazing, but short of that, if wright goes, so does my interest in this movie. as a character I'm sure he'll be fine, but to carry an entire movie, well I wouldn't put much stock in it UNLESS somebody as talented as wright or bird were on board.

H.E
Closed Thread