The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #351
Forever MS
Banned User

Default Re: WiiU

Graphic Whores instead will gripe about how a supposed "next gen" console has barley better graphics than consoles from 5 years ago, and how sucky the Wii U graphics look compared to the next Xbox/ Playstation

Old 03-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #352
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dmg View Post
It's supposed to be more powerful than 360 and PS3, so it's no surprise.
That depends on who you talk to. The specs keep changing. We will not know the finalized specs until or close to E3.

IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII
IIII
Old 03-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #353
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Quote:
Unreal Engine Can 'Do More' than Zelda on Wii U
Epic's Mark Rein discusses high hopes for Nintendo's new console.

Epic vice president Mark Rein has high hopes for the Wii U.

Speaking at last week's Game Developers Conference, Rein told Eurogamer that he believes Nintendo's new console will do quite well.

"I like the Wii U. I think E3 will be a big eye-opener for people," Rein said. "It's a great brand that a lot of parents really trust and they're probably ready to buy their kids an HD Wii that does that much more than just being an HD Wii. I'd love it if they'd done it last year, but I'm excited for them to do it this year. I'd be shocked if it doesn't do well."

Rein also discussed the role of his company's Unreal Engine 3 technology, which will play a big part in some of the Wii U's first titles. Specifically, Rein says that his company's engine could even outperform the Zelda HD demo seen at E3 2011.

"Do you remember the Zelda demo they had on it? Would you not buy a Wii U just to play that? Of course you would," Rein said. "That's what Nintendo is all about. Their hardware is the software delivery service for their great content. That Zelda demo was gorgeous and we can do even more than that with Unreal Engine 3. I think it will do great."

Rein also noted that he's had a chance to see Unreal Engine games in action on the Wii U. "I played Batman: Arkham City on the Wii U and they are doing some really cool stuff with the controller," he said.

Even the Wii U tech demos have impressed Rein. "Did you play that Battle Mii game? Two players would play with a Wii Remote and Nunchuk and one would play with the Wii U controller?" he asked. "I would buy a Wii U to play that game in a heartbeat. And I hope people make those kind of games with our technology. I think we've yet to really see what the Wii U can do and I think at E3 this year they're going to shock us."

When asked about new IPs, Rein concluded by noting that "If I had ten development teams I'd make a game for every single platform and make that the special game for that platform. If you're the special game on that platform you do really, really well. Gears was one of the special ones on Xbox 360. Infinity Blade is a special game on the iPhone and iPad. Shadow Complex was a special game on Xbox Live Arcade. But we don't have 10 development teams so it's just a matter of picking and choosing what we do and doing the best thing we can for the idea that we have."

For a full look at what Unreal Engine 3 has in store, be sure to check out the a demo of the latest improvements shown during GDC.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1220603p1.html

Old 03-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #354
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick

I'll definitely get a WiiU, love the Nintendo franchises too much not to. It might not be at launch, but I'll get it at some point.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #355
WolfCypher
I wanna pack of wolves!

I just want a Nintendo system that carries actual 3rd Party support. If I can get all my Nintendo franchises AND stuff like REAL SoulCalibur, Saints Row, Metal Gear, etc. games on the same system, I'll have no need for a PS4...

I liked TMNT...way more than GotG. There. It's been said.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #356
zeptron
Side-Kick

I hope they decide to put in add a achievment/trophy system for this. IMO stuff like this really adds a lot of replay value.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:39 AM   #357
munchie64
I'm NOT Batman

Nintendo Says Wii U Titles Will Be Available Digitally; Price and Release Date Coming After E3:

http://www.inquisitr.com/226446/nint...8ZpYlEsDVP5.99

Quote:
During its quarterly financial report yesterday, Nintendo had quite a few things to say about the Wii U, the company’s upcoming console that was first announced back at E3 last year.

While we still don’t know any specifics about the Wii U, Nintendo confirmed that we’ll be able to see what the final version of the Wii U will look like at this year’s E3, which kicks off June 5. Additionally, the company confirmed that the Wii U is still targeted for a holiday 2012 release, and at least some of the company’s 2012 lineup will be shown at E3.

While the Wii U is expected to be a big part of Nintendo’s E3 conference this year, there are a few things we won’t be hearing about: the Wii U’s price, its release date, and what titles will be available for the console at launch. Instead, the company says it will reveal that and more at some point after E3 has come and gone.

The most interesting bit of news about the Wii U to come out of Nintendo’s quarterly financial report is that the “majority” of first-party Wii U titles will be available digitally day-and-date with their respective retail releases. Nintendo 3DS titles will also be made available digitally as well by way of the eShop, but it isn’t known when that’s set to take place.

“For the Wii U, we will start the digital download sales of packaged software that I just discussed, so our consumers can choose either the packaged version or the digital download version of the same software from day one of the Wii U’s launch,” said Nintendo president Satoru Iwata during yesterday’s quarterly financial report.

Iwata says that while Nintendo still plans to support the retail market, the company is still looking to get into digital distribution, which it largely ignored with the Wii. “Since the packaged and the digital download formats both have their own merits, we would like to offer both of these options to our consumers,” Iwata added.

I like: The Star Wars prequels, Spider-Man 3, Transformers, X-men 3, the Pirates sequels, and Indiana Jones 4.
WARNING! My opinion might be invalid!
Old 04-28-2012, 05:23 AM   #358
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever MS View Post
Graphic Whores instead will gripe about how a supposed "next gen" console has barley better graphics than consoles from 5 years ago, and how sucky the Wii U graphics look compared to the next Xbox/ Playstation
I'm not a graphics whore, but if they end up making their system significantly weaker than Sony's and Microsoft's next system, the third parties are gonna pass them by. They might be able to port their games, but it won't be worth the effort. That's what's happening right now. They make the games with HD graphics for PS360, then they don't port them.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #359
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeptron View Post
I hope they decide to put in add a achievment/trophy system for this. IMO stuff like this really adds a lot of replay value.
Agreed. They can be Koopa Troopa shells or something, lol.

I really hate when companies say we will give you price and release.... After E3.

I suspect that Nintendo conference will start out on the 3DS then finish with the Wii U. I don't expect the Wii to be talked about as much.

Revelation 22:20
Old 04-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #360
Soapy
It's happening again...

I wonder if avoiding price talk at E3 indicates that it's going to be expensive.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #361
KALEL114
Impending Return
SHH! Global Moderator

That's the first thing I thought of as well. It's the perfect place to announce it, especially if it's launching this year.

IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII
IIII
Old 04-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #362
munchie64
I'm NOT Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
I'm not a graphics whore, but if they end up making their system significantly weaker than Sony's and Microsoft's next system, the third parties are gonna pass them by. They might be able to port their games, but it won't be worth the effort. That's what's happening right now. They make the games with HD graphics for PS360, then they don't port them.
I seriously doubt that the gap will be as big as the current generation, simply because the Wii U will be HD. And also simply put, while the next generation leap for the 360 and PS3 will be big, I don't think it will be a massive jump like last generation.

I like: The Star Wars prequels, Spider-Man 3, Transformers, X-men 3, the Pirates sequels, and Indiana Jones 4.
Old 04-29-2012, 03:00 AM   #363
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Trailer For Wii U Game Rayman Legends Leaked
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ds-leaked.aspx

Amazing!!

Old 04-29-2012, 04:40 AM   #364
munchie64
I'm NOT Batman

^ Ok, that's just cool. The Wii U is looking up to be an amazing piece of technology. My only hope is proper utilisation by third parties. That and a less extreme power gap between this and the other consoles, and Nintendo has a chance of staying on top.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #365
StrainedEyes
All the way up it!

It's so weird to me that they incorporated essentially the Skylanders tech into the system. Unfortunately I don't see many companies taking advantage of that. I'm sure the people working on Skylanders 2 are psyched though.

I still can't get behind the WiiU. The announcements that I care about, things like day-1 digital distribution, I'm sure will be incorporated into the neXtBox and the PS4. Outside of 1st/2nd party, I don't see the tablet being used for anything substantial, it will probably just default to a map/item screen for the majority of games released for it.

I hope they release a new stand-alone standard (non-tablet) controller for it. If I want to play Mortal Kombat on the WiiU and I still need my buddy to grab a Wii Remote and plug in a Classic Controller in order to play with me, something is wrong.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #366
Joker's Lackey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrainedEyes View Post
It's so weird to me that they incorporated essentially the Skylanders tech into the system. Unfortunately I don't see many companies taking advantage of that. I'm sure the people working on Skylanders 2 are psyched though.

I still can't get behind the WiiU. The announcements that I care about, things like day-1 digital distribution, I'm sure will be incorporated into the neXtBox and the PS4. Outside of 1st/2nd party, I don't see the tablet being used for anything substantial, it will probably just default to a map/item screen for the majority of games released for it.

I hope they release a new stand-alone standard (non-tablet) controller for it. If I want to play Mortal Kombat on the WiiU and I still need my buddy to grab a Wii Remote and plug in a Classic Controller in order to play with me, something is wrong.

Funny. First thing I thought of is how perfect is this for EA.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #367
:eek:
Side-Kick

News
WiiU
Details on Wii U Version of Project CARS Emerge

by James Charlton - May 4, 2012 - 7:21 P.M.
Total Comments: 2 Source: (WMDPortal.com) http://www.wmdportal.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/WMD_Overview_160212.pdf

Specific details of how the tablet controller will be used revealed on developer's website.

A PDF document on UK developer Slightly Mad's website revealed details on how the unique functions of the Wii U controller will be fully utilised for this version of the game
First of all, the game will be fully playable on just the controller for "on-the-go, around the house" play. However the main control set up will utilize tilt-based steering, with the controller screen showing switches and buttons usually found on a traditional racing wheel. In addition to that, the controller screen can be toggled between a rear-view mirror, overhead map, and telemetry, presumedly showing statistics of your lap times and other technical data.
When the car goes into a pit lane, the screen will also allow for quick selection of tires and fuel amount by swiping the screen.The camera will also be used, not only for your profile photograph but for capturing players faces after winning a race, possibly not dissimilar to how Star Fox 64 3D does in multiplayer. Photos can also be shared by flicking them to the TV screen, a system feature previously shown during the E3 2011 conference with YouTube videos. Lastly "private chat" will be accessible on the controller too, whether this is text-based chat or full voice chat (or both), is not clear.
There is currently no release date set for Project CARS, but we expect to see more details emerge during E3, which starts on June 5

Old 05-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #368
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

I really don't care about these third party games. Give me freaking first party Nintendo ones

Old 05-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #369
WolfCypher
I wanna pack of wolves!

Wrong topic

I liked TMNT...way more than GotG. There. It's been said.

Last edited by WolfCypher; 05-05-2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: deleted
Old 05-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #370
:eek:
Side-Kick

A list of possible upcoming Wii U titles has been leaked via alleged photos from Blockbuster UK's internal point of sale system.

The list, which first appeared on GoNintendo, is composed of 25 already known and unannounced titles, including Splinter Cell 6 and Formula 1 All Stars in the latter group.

First party titles included are Pikmin, Shield Pose and New Super Mario Brothers Mii.

The entire list, which remains unconfirmed, is as below.

• Just Dance 4
• Killer Freaks From Outer Space
• Marvel Super Heroes
• Metro Last Light
• Monsters Party
• New Super Mario Brothers Mii
• Ninja Gaiden 3
• Pikmin
• Rabbids Party Land
• Raving Rabbids
• Rayman Legends
• Shield Pose
• Splinter Cell 6
• Sports Connection
• Tekken
• Your Shape 2013
• Zombie
• Aliens: Colonial Marines
• Assassin's Creed
• Batman Arkham City
• Darksiders II
• Dirt 3
• Formula 1 All Stars
• Game Party
• Ghost Recon Online

Old 05-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #371
jacobed
Banned User

Big time rumor going out that Retro's next game is a Star Fox/Metroid team up

Old 05-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #372
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

I work in the aluminum industry, and I make the tools that you use in the process of making the aluminum profiles, and a few weeks ago we got an order on one from Nintendo, some kind of cooling profile for the WiiU I guess. Thought that was pretty cool.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 05-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #373
Benstamania
Finished The Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Big time rumor going out that Retro's next game is a Star Fox/Metroid team up
That sounds... Weird.

Revelation 22:20
Old 05-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #374
DIRECTOR
Side-Kick

i'm liking the new controller!!!

Old 05-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #375
munchie64
I'm NOT Batman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0Wg_rkaEhGc
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I love you Reggie!

Closed Thread