The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 05-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #326
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official FIRST CLASS Sequel Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
I've seen more complaints about Emma Frost than I have of Angel and Riptide.
I wouldnt say more but Ive seen alot for her too, most her complaints are because of the January Jones acting.

I think the difference is everyone wants to see Emma.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #327
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

I wanna see Emma of course, but I'd also like to see more Riptide and see his separation from the Brotherhood to later on join the Marauders in a future movie storyline.

As for Angel, I honestly wouldn't mind if she died. Not because she was useless or her spit power looked lame or the actress Zoe; I just never cared much for her character from the comics, maybe that's why I was ok with her in First Class, because it was a deviation from comic Angel.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #328
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
I wanna see Emma of course, but I'd also like to see more Riptide and see his separation from the Brotherhood to later on join the Marauders in a future movie storyline.
If the plan was to actually do something with the character and move him into other storylines, then I would have no problem with keeping him around. Just using him as a tool to move objects like he did in FC is why I think he should be ditched. Id rather see better match ups for mutant fights. Thats my main problem with FC, the fights were just really underwhelming to me. The choice of having Angel and Riptide are partially responsible for that.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #329
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I wouldnt say more but Ive seen alot for her too, most her complaints are because of the January Jones acting.

I think the difference is everyone wants to see Emma.
Yeah the complaints were about January Jones' acting and not her role in the movie. Emma Frost got decent amount of screentime despite not being in the climax scene.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #330
Dugath
Side-Kick

To me Emma is suppose to be drop dead gorgeous (xxx hot) with a sophisticated edge to her. (Might get some flack for this) but January Jones to me is not that much of a looker, in fact I think she is average at best and I couldn't never get into (believe) her as Emma.

First Class to me was X-men Origins: Magneto (with some random Mutants thrown in for X-men so they could market it more as X-men and not a Magneto movie)

That being said I did not like the fact they included some well known Characters given the "time" 1962, this was taking place in. (Emma, Havok..ect)

Now any sequels IMO are forced into a time (70's 80's at most) frame as to advance the movie to a 2000 time setting you slapping a 40 year difference.. making Emma a 60 year old woman, Havok and Beast in their 50's.. ect more or less making it impossible for them to be in the movies

Now i don't mind "period" movies but I wouldn't mind them taking place in the modern era.

I suppose it wouldn't bother anyone who never read any of the comics.

Dugath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #331
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

After seeing the Avengers, and how awesome it was the X-Men series really needs to step it up! All the X-men need to be developed and fleshed out, and have equal amounts of screen time and the scope needs to be big! we have yet to see how mutants/Magneto pose as a huge threat to the government...Genosha/sentinels def. needs to be used as storyline if they want an epic movie...people are def. going to compare any future X-men film w/the Avengers and how epic it was...

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #332
daderade
Side-Kick

introduce more X-Men(obviously) have a BIG FIGHT with the Sentinels, and brotherhood(afterwards)

daderade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #333
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Flare View Post
After seeing the Avengers, and how awesome it was the X-Men series really needs to step it up! All the X-men need to be developed and fleshed out, and have equal amounts of screen time and the scope needs to be big! we have yet to see how mutants/Magneto pose as a huge threat to the government...Genosha/sentinels def. needs to be used as storyline if they want an epic movie...people are def. going to compare any future X-men film w/the Avengers and how epic it was...
I'm sure Matthew Vaughn and Jane Goldman will step it up if they saw the Avengers!

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #334
Lord
All Mighty

Shouldn't this thread be renamed and put on the Days of Future Past section?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote