The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #501
Mace Dolex
Powerful User
 
Mace Dolex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,905
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

The trailer for TDKR is awesome, the beginning is so intense that I think the audience isn't aware that it's for Batman until he pops up.

__________________
There are farts that smell bad and then there are farts that smell really bad, if you have one of those real bad smelly ones then that's the first signs of diarrhea.
Mace Dolex is offline  
Old 05-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #502
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,453
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

For what it's worth, I took my girlfriend to see The Avengers, and she's very unbiased about all these CBM. She didn't care for Avengers very much despite having enjoyed the first Iron Man and Thor (I liked it a lot more than she did). She felt it was a straight-up kids movie and was struggling to understand what everyone was raving about (I tried to explained its geek-out factor lol). I remember her feeling the same about Captain America. They had showed the ASM trailer beforehand and she told me afterwards that it looks solid and she Andrew Garfield looks more believable in the role than Tobey.

Our showing didn't get a TDKR trailer (ROAR ), so I showed it to her when we got home and she said "Well, that looks really interesting."

Just thought I'd offer the perspective of a totally unbiased movie-fan who doesn't know the first thing about comics.

BatLobsterRises is offline  
Old 05-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #503
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

I believe you.

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline  
Old 05-06-2012, 10:52 PM   #504
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized
 
BatLobsterRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,453
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

My sarcasm senses are tingling, ha! Hey, just thought I'd share a different perspective. We're so drenched in our own biases and knowledge about these films, I always enjoy hearing other people's take on things. I know I'm fairly new here but if I was gonna sign up to troll, I would've trolled sooner.

BatLobsterRises is offline  
Old 05-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #505
Frodo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 3,287
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by souNdwAve89 View Post
When I saw the midnight screening for The Avengers, there was an equal amount of cheering when TDKR and TASM trailer popped up. I hope TASM does well since so many people are against it, especially Garfield being Peter Parker.
Yeah. The problem they have is that there is still a lot of emotional attachment to Maguire in the role among the GA. In that sense Garfield has a bit of a tougher job winning predisposed people over.

Frodo is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #506
Bat-Gasm
Side-Kick
 
Bat-Gasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 671
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
I believe you.

Dark Knight Returns reference?

__________________
God creates fear. God destroys fear. God creates Batman. Batman destroys God.

Batman creates fear.

Bat-Gasm is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #507
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1


__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #508
batbax
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,838
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

It's kinda true tho. Most the normies will like tdkr much better as its much closer to a real film. The avengers will attract the comic book reading basement dwellers more. Not judging either way, but facts are facts.

batbax is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #509
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by batbax View Post
It's kinda true tho. Most the normies will like tdkr much better as its much closer to a real film. The avengers will attract the comic book reading basement dwellers more. Not judging either way, but facts are facts.
Where are the facts? The "normies will like TDKR more" and "Avengers will attract comic reading basement dwellers more" are baseless opinions.

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:35 AM   #510
Liam_H
Side-Kick
 
Liam_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 8,498
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

And basically untrue. If The Avengers only attracts "comic reading basement dwellers" it would probably have made like $20 million during the weekend.

__________________

Spill


Liam_H is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:37 AM   #511
batbax
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,838
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Where are the facts? The "normies will like TDKR more" and "Avengers will attract comic reading basement dwellers more" are baseless opinions.
K maybe facts was a tad judgemental. But informed opinion, hardly baseless. One film is appealing to man's baser instinct and is shiny and all explosionly, appealing to the basement dweller mentality. The other forces one to think and appeals to a higher emotional level, thus attracting a more discerning audience.

batbax is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:39 AM   #512
Boom
I got nothin'
 
Boom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sitting on the nitpicket fence
Posts: 30,747
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1


__________________
"You can fail at what you don't want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love." - Jim Carrey
Boom is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #513
batbax
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,838
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
And basically untrue. If The Avengers only attracts "comic reading basement dwellers" it would probably have made like $20 million during the weekend.
Well many if those basement dwellers have offspring. Look I'm not saying its just them going to watch it, just merely pointing out the differences In the crowds the two films will attract in general.

batbax is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:40 AM   #514
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

With over 600 million in the bank in the space of a week, I guess there are way more basement dwellers than previously assumed.

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #515
Travesty
Dats right!
 
Travesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15,217
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

....but both movies are appealing to the "comic book basement dwellers". They're both movies about comic book characters.

__________________
A little of dis, a lot of dat.

*Dat Kane and his gifs!
Travesty is online now  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:45 AM   #516
batbax
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,838
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

Guys don't get bent out if shape. Just saying in general. I feel comic fans will in general flock more towards the avengers. Let's face it an argument a lot of times even on this board is Nolan isn't very comic like in his approach. Just sayin the normies and more sophisticated audience will be drawn to tdkr as it looks more like a "real" film. Mind you I don't share this view, however I'd be blind to discount the differences.

batbax is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:47 AM   #517
Liam_H
Side-Kick
 
Liam_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 8,498
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

But you do realize you're putting down the entire Avengers board by saying more sophisticated audience will be drawn to TDKR.

__________________

Spill


Liam_H is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:47 AM   #518
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick
 
Tacit Ronin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,231
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

Quote:
Let's face it an argument a lot of times even on this board is Nolan isn't very comic like in his approach.
Sees Batman YO, No Man's Land, the Killing Joke, No Man's Land.....

He is pretty comic like in his approach.

__________________
Robert Downey Jr: Max Ray
Daniel Craig: Jake Rockwell
Chris Evans: Ace Mccloud
The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:47 AM   #519
Nevincer
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: London, England.
Posts: 16,040
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

Eh. I really don't think there's that big of a divide.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
Yeah, I'm all about subtext. I'm pretty sure I could watch two hours of monkeys mating if it had a mass of subtext underneath it all. :o
Nevincer is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:50 AM   #520
Boom
I got nothin'
 
Boom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sitting on the nitpicket fence
Posts: 30,747
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

What "sophisticated" crowd is this?

You and I must have had very different experiences seeing The Dark Knight. When I saw TDK in theaters, I saw the same kinds of people I usually do. Talking teenagers, parents with children, young adults, old adults, and everything in between. They laugh, they cheer, they occasionally throw in color commentary. Same old crowd. And it's the exact same crowd I just saw The Avengers with two hours ago.

The way some of you guys talk, should I expect to walk into a theater on July 20th packed full of professors and WASPs dressed in three-piece suits - complete with monocles and pipes? Will they nod in unison at all of the film's "deep" moments, adding polite "Hmm's" as they stroke their chins? Can I expect to be able to hear a pin drop, as everybody sits in complete silent attention for two hours?

FACT: Both The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises, having been based on comic book properties, are comic-book movies by definition. And if that description still doesn't sit well with you, they're both superhero movies, as they were based on superhero characters. Pick whichever you want.
FACT: Both The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises cater to the same demographics, and therefore share similar crowds.
FACT: One is not "more like a 'real' film" than the other. They are both films. Why this even needs to be addressed truly boggles the mind. What is The Avengers, if not a "real" film? A fake one? Seriously .

__________________
"You can fail at what you don't want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love." - Jim Carrey

Last edited by Boom; 05-07-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Boom is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 12:50 AM   #521
batbax
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,838
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Sees Batman YO, No Man's Land, the Killing Joke, No Man's Land.....

He is pretty comic like in his approach.
Oh I totally agree. But if you've been privy to this board for awhile you'd see there are those amongst us who'd say quite otherwise. And batman comics, especially his graphic novels, by nature tend to be more mature anyways, which is why I always found that view silly, as I feel Nolan does a great job in this regard.

batbax is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 01:13 AM   #522
batbax
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,838
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
What "sophisticated" crowd is this?

You and I must have had very different experiences seeing The Dark Knight. When I saw TDK in theaters, I saw the same kinds of people I usually do. Talking teenagers, parents with children, young adults, old adults, and everything in between. They laugh, they cheer, they occasionally throw in color commentary. Same old crowd. And it's the exact same crowd I just saw The Avengers with two hours ago.

The way some of you guys talk, should I expect to walk into a theater on July 20th packed full of professors and WASPs dressed in three-piece suits - complete with monocles and pipes? Will they nod in unison at all of the film's "deep" moments, adding polite "Hmm's" as they stroke their chins?

FACT: Both The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises, having been based on comic book characters, are comic-book movies by definition.
FACT: Both The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises cater to the same demographics, and consequently cater to similar crowds.
FACT: One is not "more of a film" than the other. They are both films.
I'll be there with a fine red and a Cuban cigar. I fear you've taken what I implied a tad out of context, friend. Of course if one goes to a viewing of the avengers and a viewing of tdkr they'll see a somewhat similar conglomerate. (except I disagree a tad on the children part although given any one or two random viewings one could find a fair share of children at both). My point was in the overall scheme, tdkr will appeal to a different subset of viewer. Just look at blobsters example. His girlfriend was much more interested in tdkr. Probably because she's rather educated and doesn't spend an inordinate amount if time reading comic books. In their surface the two films will attract people with different mentalities is all I'm getting at. If shown just the trailer for the two films knowing nothing else, id say an older, more discerning audience would be interested in tdkr. Of course all groups of people will see both. I'm speaking strictly in what part of humanity each film appeals to. That's what I meant by "normie". Someone who likes an emotionally engrossing movie which makes them think a tad, and isnt so emotionally invested in tge comic side of things.No offense intended to anyone, just how I see it.

batbax is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 01:16 AM   #523
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.
 
DoomsdayApex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Posts: 14,790
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
What "sophisticated" crowd is this?

You and I must have had very different experiences seeing The Dark Knight. When I saw TDK in theaters, I saw the same kinds of people I usually do. Talking teenagers, parents with children, young adults, old adults, and everything in between. They laugh, they cheer, they occasionally throw in color commentary. Same old crowd. And it's the exact same crowd I just saw The Avengers with two hours ago.

The way some of you guys talk, should I expect to walk into a theater on July 20th packed full of professors and WASPs dressed in three-piece suits - complete with monocles and pipes? Will they nod in unison at all of the film's "deep" moments, adding polite "Hmm's" as they stroke their chins? Can I expect to be able to hear a pin drop, as everybody sits in complete silent attention for two hours?

FACT: Both The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises, having been based on comic book properties, are comic-book movies by definition. And if that description still doesn't sit well with you, they're both superhero movies, as they were based on superhero characters. Pick whichever you want.
FACT: Both The Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises cater to the same demographics, and therefore share similar crowds.
FACT: One is not "more like a 'real' film" than the other. They are both films. Why this even needs to be addressed truly boggles the mind. What is The Avengers, if not a "real" film? A fake one? Seriously .


The images in my mind man...

__________________
Law is an instrument of commerce and often an obstruction to justice. It is a Court of Law, NOT of Justice.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)


Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."


Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 01:16 AM   #524
Liam_H
Side-Kick
 
Liam_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 8,498
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post

The way some of you guys talk, should I expect to walk into a theater on July 20th packed full of professors and WASPs dressed in three-piece suits - complete with monocles and pipes? Will they nod in unison at all of the film's "deep" moments, adding polite "Hmm's" as they stroke their chins? Can I expect to be able to hear a pin drop, as everybody sits in complete silent attention for two hours?
I would so love to be in audience like this watching TDKR.

__________________

Spill


Liam_H is offline  
Old 05-07-2012, 01:17 AM   #525
Travesty
Dats right!
 
Travesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15,217
Default Re: TDKR Trailer #3 debuting in The AVENGERS (May 4) - Part 1

Fact: The Avengers appeals to a more Shawarma type of audience, while TDKR appeals to the more falafel type.

__________________
A little of dis, a lot of dat.

*Dat Kane and his gifs!
Travesty is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.