Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #951
kvz5
HBIC

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultipleJesuses View Post
I remember when the Bale/Hathaway/Oldman set pics came out, I read a post from her saying the crew claimed they stayed in the same hotel room and brought their costumes with them.
Part of me wishes it was true!
Oh god... I didn't see that. Maybe that's from another site? Regardless, kinky fan fiction FTW!

Old 05-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #952
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKO View Post
I don't see how Rachel made more of an impact, when in BB they spend most of the movie showing you how his parent's death pretty much traumatized him and blames himself for it, and then proceeds to become the obsessive man that he is. Rachel may have a bit to do with shaping him, but very little in comparison.

She doesn't even get enough mourning in TDK from Bruce, except for that one scene. She has more of an impact in creating the Two Face character.
If it wasn't for Rachel, he wouldn't have gone off to train. Bruce's parents died, and he just pouted about it for 20 something years, until he wanted to kill Joe Chill. After he told Rachel, she literally slapped some sense into him, and ever since then, he started training. Even at the end of BB he thanks her for doing so.

Of course his parents had a bit of an impact on him, but these movies have made it seem like Rachel had more of an impact than his parents. Hell, he was going to give up the cape, just to be with her. If his parents were the only reason why he was Batman, then that shouldn't have happened....but it did.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #953
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

If i can remember correctly, in the leaked script for BB, Bruce offers to give up his cowl for her, it was one of the major criticisms in an otherwise solid script, but they changed it in the film. In BB he just tries to assure her that they can be together despite his alter ego but she only tells him what he already knows, it's not an alter ego...it's his true self.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 05-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #954
slimshady247
The Chesapeake Ripper

Well, that would've made for a "definitive" conclusion right then and there. Thank God for the change.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #955
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Not all of the David Goyer hate is unjustified. he damn near ruined his entire script with that one seemingly throwaway line by Bruce, yeah sure build up the entire importance of his journey and destiny for 2 hours only to have him throw it away for a woman at the end of the film...I don't think so David.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 05-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #956
RKO
QT's Personal Consultant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
If it wasn't for Rachel, he wouldn't have gone off to train. Bruce's parents died, and he just pouted about it for 20 something years, until he wanted to kill Joe Chill. After he told Rachel, she literally slapped some sense into him, and ever since then, he started training. Even at the end of BB he thanks her for doing so.

Of course his parents had a bit of an impact on him, but these movies have made it seem like Rachel had more of an impact than his parents. Hell, he was going to give up the cape, just to be with her. If his parents were the only reason why he was Batman, then that shouldn't have happened....but it did.
Yes, like I said; she does help to shape him, but all he needed was guidance. If it wasn't for his parents death he wouldn't even be in that position in the first place, which therefore had a bigger impact in his life.

Someone get this hothead out of here!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #957
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Yes, like I said; she does help to shape him, but all he needed was guidance. If it wasn't for his parents death he wouldn't even be in that position in the first place, which therefore had a bigger impact in his life.
Yes, but if his parents had such an impact on him like you're suggesting, he would have devoted his life to being a vigilante the second his parents were murdered. Not only did he not do that, but again, he was willing to retire Batman in TDK.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #958
kvz5
HBIC

Ugh Rachel. That's all.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #959
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
Ugh Rachel. That's all.
Rachel=

Old 05-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #960
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Ugh Rachel. That's all.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Feel better?

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 05-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #961
Travesty
TEOL

I still think she was about to sing "somewhere over the rainbow".

Old 05-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #962
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post

Feel better?
Yes, thank you.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #963
RKO
QT's Personal Consultant.

Quote:
Yes, but if his parents had such an impact on him like you're suggesting, he would have devoted his life to being a vigilante the second his parents were murdered. Not only did he not do that, but again, he was willing to retire Batman in TDK.

Yeah, but that also brings Harvey Dent into equation and why he thought it was time to give up the mantle, I think it had to more to do with his frustration of having a normal life than anything.

To stay relevant to the thread, I wonder if Catwoman/Selina will also shape how Bruce Wayne ends up.

Someone get this hothead out of here!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #964
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
To stay relevant to the thread, I wonder if Catwoman/Selina will also shape how Bruce Wayne ends up.
I believe so, especially after Tate reveals herself.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 05-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #965
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Yeah, but that also brings Harvey Dent into equation and why he thought it was time to give up the mantle, I think it had to more to do with his frustration of having a normal life than anything.
Of course that's why he wanted Harvey, but again, if his parents death had such an impact on him, I don't think Harvey or Rachel would stop him from retiring. Having self doubt and looking for a normal life isn't out of the ordinary for Bruce/Batman, but it's always been a conflict between a promise he's made to his parents, one in which wasn't every really established in these movies.

It's just one of the differences between the comics and these movies.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #966
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Not all of the David Goyer hate is unjustified. he damn near ruined his entire script with that one seemingly throwaway line by Bruce, yeah sure build up the entire importance of his journey and destiny for 2 hours only to have him throw it away for a woman at the end of the film...I don't think so David.
But doesn't that sort of remind you of, ahem, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm?

Quote:
Rachel=

THIS

Old 05-07-2012, 02:25 AM   #967
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

I’m back on the 60s Batman trail. Watched ‘The Cat’s Meow’. Catwoman pretends to be a dance instructor, calls Wayne Manor and gets Dick Grayson on the phone. She comes over in disguise and is more interested in the layout of the house. Similar to the news of Selina in the maid outfit in TDKR I thought. Also watched ‘The Bat’s Kow Tow’. In a scene she and her goons wear night vision cat glasses, also points around a sonic beam pistol at Batman and others.

Last edited by AnneFan; 05-07-2012 at 02:34 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:27 AM   #968
munchie64
I'm NOT Batman

Really guys still on about a character that was blown into oblivion 4 years ago? This is a Catwoman thread...

I like: The Star Wars prequels, Spider-Man 3, Transformers, X-men 3, the Pirates sequels, and Indiana Jones 4.
WARNING! My opinion might be invalid!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:23 AM   #969
Miranda Fox
Haters to the Left.

Quote:
I remember that. The owner of the site who started it (as a blind item) is still convinced about it. Every time she makes a post about TDKR, Anne or Bale, she alludes to it.

And people believe these gossip sites. Like the ONTD'ers. Says it all really.

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it!" - Pirate Captain.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #970
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

I'm not sure why this Rachel thing is coming up in every thread nowadays. It's like everyone's got the Harvey in them.

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 05-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #971
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

I don't know if this has been brought up, but after watching the trailer again I was struck by one of Catwoman's lines; "You don't owe these people any more. You've given them everything".

It sounds like she knows all about Batman's sacrifice at the end of TDK by taking the blame for Dent's crimes. What else could she mean by him giving them everything?

- The Joker
Old 05-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #972
Mr. E Nygma
Riddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post

Feel better?
And as for the Katie Holmes haters, wouldn't that scene have been more gratifying if it were her still playing the character? (Disclaimer: I mean for continuity sake, not that I want to see Katie Holmes get blown up.)

Explore! Find my challenges! And when you fail to solve them and lie blubbering like an ignorant child on the floor, you will know, that the Riddler is better than you!
Old 05-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #973
slimshady247
The Chesapeake Ripper

It makes sense that Bruce would be directionless, though.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #974
Victarion
Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I don't know if this has been brought up, but after watching the trailer again I was struck by one of Catwoman's lines; "You don't owe these people any more. You've given them everything".

It sounds like she knows all about Batman's sacrifice at the end of TDK by taking the blame for Dent's crimes. What else could she mean by him giving them everything?
It's certainly a big change from her line in Trailer 2.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #975
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Agreed.

Closed Thread