The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #776
Slushy
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: The Official Boxing Thread!!!

Mayweather is going to win by decision like he almost always does. 43-0, the Streak continues.

Quote:
I'm afraid this fight will never happen, or if it does, it will be when nobody cares.
I think it will happen, but only after somebody else beats Pretty Boy because he doesn't want to give Pac Man the satisfication of being the one to end his record.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #777
Slushy
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

*SIGH*

And of course Mayweather wins by unanimous decision. Not going to lie though, that was an overall good fight. The moment Floyd got his nose busted, it gave me great false hope. Cotto's a beast.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #778
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

But I saw something: if you make Mayweather stalk you, you have a chance. It seems when Mayweather is cornered, he's better actually but make him the aggressor. Great fight though.

Ps- I have no plans of seeing Pacquio/Bradley

Old 05-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #779
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Tremendous effort from Cotto, but that was a master class from Floyd. The crowd was going crazy, but a good 75% of those punches Cotto threw weren't connecting. Cotto did well putting on pressure, but IMO he lost all the "championship" rounds, and was on his way to getting dropped in the 12th had Floyd pushed the issue. Good fight overall, hopefully we get the real deal in the fall sometime...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 05-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #780
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
But I saw something: if you make Mayweather stalk you, you have a chance. It seems when Mayweather is cornered, he's better actually but make him the aggressor. Great fight though.

Ps- I have no plans of seeing Pacquio/Bradley
Floyd's only real problem was that he was willing to put his back against the ropes and trade for excitement purposes. When he simply stayed in the middle of the ring, Cotto had nothing for him.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #781
antonydelfini
The Destroyer

Floyd is a master. Cotto is classy. Great fight.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #782
Iron_Stark
I'm hooked on a feeling

Nice win by Floyd, even though Paquiao did it better.

Mosley needs to retire, he has absolutely nothing after that beating he took from Canelo.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:35 AM   #783
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Manny weight drained Cotto. Mayweather actually moved up.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #784
antonydelfini
The Destroyer

I have to agree with that. Floyd's win was as impressive as Manny's. Although you have to take into account that Manny used to fight as a 106 pounder too, he dropped Cotto a few times, and got a TKO. So Manny's win might have been slightly more impressive. And I dont like using the left over arguments. Great fighters bounce back. If Floyd wins against Manny, can we say it aint a great win cause Morales already beat him before? I hope I never hear people talk about Manny only beating Hatton Oscar and Mosley cause they were beaten by Floyd before, the same way I dont want to hear people saying Floyd beat Cotto cause Manny beat him before.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #785
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Well put. Though I also like to point out that there was a lot of problem in Cotto's camp before the Manny fight. He didn't even have a real trainer or corner to help him out.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #786
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

I like how Mayweather tries to make the win sound more impressive by saying he fought him at his weight. Like Cotto didn't make his name at welterweight and didn't just move up after Pac destroyed him. And lets not pretend Cotto actually weighed 145 on fight night after the weigh in.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #787
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Yeah but Poetic, if that was the case, then why didn't Manny fight him at his natural weight? Why would he only fight him if he drained himself? I hear what you are saying but you can't have it both ways.

"Lets all take a moment to laugh at the Miami Heat.

HAHAHAHA."-ESPN poster James Slattery
Old 05-07-2012, 04:16 AM   #788
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Chaos View Post
I like how Mayweather tries to make the win sound more impressive by saying he fought him at his weight. Like Cotto didn't make his name at welterweight and didn't just move up after Pac destroyed him. And lets not pretend Cotto actually weighed 145 on fight night after the weigh in.
If it didn't matter, why not fight him at 147?

There was a reason why Manny made him cut to 145. Cotto was already having trouble making 147. 145 was stupid and you could see Cotto wasn't in the best shape. The entire cutting process can take your legs and leave a fighter far from his optimal.Have you ever seen a fighter try and lose that extra pound? It is like torture and is terrible on the body and most end up looking like they are fighting in quicksand come the fight.

Just watch the ridiculous Manny/Oscar fight. It is pathetic.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:15 AM   #789
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Trouble making 147? His 8 previous fights were at 147. Oscar absolutely looked drained. Cotto, I don't see it. And why at 145? How about cuz he had only fought one welterweight fight up to that point. Manny was the draw, it was Cotto's job to accommodate him.

In other news, Peterson is done with that positive test.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #790
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Yeah but Poetic if 2 lbs didn't make a difference then Manny should have fought him at his natural weight. Yeah Manny is the big draw but he fought the man at a handicap. You can criticize Money for struggling to beat Cotto for awhile, but you have to give credit where credit is due and that he fought him on his own turf. Can't have it both ways.

Poor Peterson. Now we have to hear Khan cry nonstop about this leading up to the fight because no way he's going to cancel this.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #791
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"

I thought before saturday night, Bradley had a better chance of beating pacman over Cotto having against mayweather. Especially the fight pacquaio is coming off of.

"After they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began"
Old 05-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #792
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

I'm going to be real: Bradley has a better chance of screwing hookers from Jupitor than beating Paq. No upset is going to happen. Paq is leagues ahead of Bradley and if he doesn't knock Bradley out by the 6th, I'll be shocked.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #793
FCEEVIPER
Hunter Of Sentients

Yeah I don't see Bradley beating Pac, but if Bradley does out-point Pac, Pac will will still get the decision. Bank on it...

Arum will take care of that with his go-to favorite judges.

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
Old 05-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #794
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Quote:
Yeah but Poetic if 2 lbs didn't make a difference then Manny should have fought him at his natural weight. Yeah Manny is the big draw but he fought the man at a handicap. You can criticize Money for struggling to beat Cotto for awhile, but you have to give credit where credit is due and that he fought him on his own turf. Can't have it both ways.

Poor Peterson. Now we have to hear Khan cry nonstop about this leading up to the fight because no way he's going to cancel this.
I absolutely give credit to Money for the win. I don't support Money taking away from Pac's win.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #795
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Chaos View Post
I absolutely give credit to Money for the win. I don't support Money taking away from Pac's win.

You didn't see 24/7 n HBO did you? Mayweather wasn't the only one saying that's the only reason Paq beat Cotto. Cotto has said the same thing in so many words, saying he's never fighting at that weight again because it drained him.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #796
Poetic Chaos
Hella fetch.

Then I just don't buy it. A fighter who was then comfortable at 147 being drained significantly by 2 lbs...skeptical hippo is skeptical. But that's a difference in opinion so no need to argue it further.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #797
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
I'm going to be real: Bradley has a better chance of screwing hookers from Jupitor than beating Paq. No upset is going to happen. Paq is leagues ahead of Bradley and if he doesn't knock Bradley out by the 6th, I'll be shocked.
I agree, but I will say this: I'm concerned with Manny's interest level in this fight to begin with. It's something I wasn't so worried about with Floyd because Floyd knew Cotto had the potential to beat him if he wasn't focused.

Bradley doesn't really have any sort of reputation or legacy yet, and obviously the whole world is going to be more concerned with what Pacquiao has to say in regards to Mayweather than the fight itself. They're not in the same league, and clearly anything going to the cards won't be in Bradley's favor no matter what he does. But it's not like Manny is hard to find, he's absolutely susceptible to getting caught with a lucky shot.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 05-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #798
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Well, that was an ass whupping! So much for Bute being such a formidable champion, Froch beat the hell out of him.

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 05-27-2012, 12:20 AM   #799
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
Well, that was an ass whupping! So much for Bute being such a formidable champion, Froch beat the hell out of him.
Bute lost?!?!

Well Can't say I'm to shocked. It's why I've said I don't blame Ward for not fighting him because dude sat out the Super 6 then had the nerve to try and fight Ward. Ward fought the best in his division and you ducked and then called him out? That's straight weak sauce.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #800
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Bute lost?!?!

Well Can't say I'm to shocked. It's why I've said I don't blame Ward for not fighting him because dude sat out the Super 6 then had the nerve to try and fight Ward. Ward fought the best in his division and you ducked and then called him out? That's straight weak sauce.
He didn't just lose, he got annihilated!

I never believe in those guys who rack up wins against boxers nobody ever heard of. Especially when those type of guys come from out of the country and refuse to fight in the States.

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather
Closed Thread