The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 02:07 AM   #26
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!
 
Smashlilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,820
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku Goes Crazy View Post
About his TFA costume vs his TA costume, I perfer TFA. I liked the darker colors and the two straps he had really made the costume look good. The new costume looks a little too bright, almost cheap. Well, not cheap, it's just hard to describe. His TFA costume just seemed more edgy and cool, though I can see how it might not look good in a modern setting. And I guess it was a little too bulky. It probably worked best for the time period the movie was set in. I hope his next costume(because I'm sure they'll give him a new one) is a happy medium between his TFA and TA costumes.

Just look how cool he looks:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I enjoyed TFA costume but I think they needed the TA costume. I have problems with the TA costume though. I can't stand the Helmet/Cowl. I hope in Cap2 they gave him scaled armor and a normal cowl.

__________________
Quote:
What is the most indestructable thing in the avengers? Ironman's suit, Captain America's Shield, or Thor's Hammer? The correct answer is Hulk's Pants

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 05-08-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:21 AM   #27
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,949
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
How exactly is that clear? Just because she wasn't in The Avengers means nothing.
I was watching TFA recently and just noticed that when Amanda Righetti calls in for reinforcements after Steve wakes up in present day, she calls "Code 13" which to me (not sure if it was ever touched upon in the TFA forums) is a nod to Sharon Carter being Agent 13 in the comics.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:35 AM   #28
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,726
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
How exactly is that clear? Just because she wasn't in The Avengers means nothing.
Well in my own personal opinion, I would think that Marvel would pick a more suitable actress for the role, since Amanda has nothing on her resume or in her performance from my pov that says that she's qualified for a role like that.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:38 AM   #29
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,949
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well in my own personal opinion, I would think that Marvel would pick a more suitable actress for the role, since Amanda has nothing on her resume or in her performance from my pov that says that she's qualified for a role like that.
Or they could just bring back Hayley Atwell, where she plays both old Peggy and Sharon Carter.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:51 AM   #30
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,726
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Or they could just bring back Hayley Atwell, where she plays both old Peggy and Sharon Carter.
The problem with that notion as some have mentioned is that if they had the same actress that played Peggy, playing Sharon, it would just signify even more that Steve isn't ready and hasn't moved on from his past if he's become attached to a woman that resembles Peggy in literally every way; plus it'd be creepy for him to go for a younger woman that looked exactly like her, not to mention that there would be a lot of criticism saying that the only real reason why he went for Sharon is because of her resemblance to Peggy.

At the moment, if they had to cast someone as Sharon, I wouldn't mind someone like Yvonne Strahovski

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:53 AM   #31
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!
 
BrollySupersj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hargenteen
Posts: 7,253
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
The problem with that notion as some have mentioned is that if they had the same actress that played Peggy, playing Sharon, it would just signify even more that Steve isn't ready and hasn't moved on from his past if he's become attached to a woman that resembles Peggy in literally every way; plus it'd be creepy for him to go for a younger woman that looked exactly like her, not to mention that there would be a lot of criticism saying that the only real reason why he went for Sharon is because of her resemblance to Peggy.

At the moment, if they had to cast someone as Peggy, I wouldn't mind someone like Yvonne Strahovski

__________________
Kristen Schaal is the greatest and most attractive woman in the 28 known galaxies
BrollySupersj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:56 AM   #32
LostSon88
Side-Kick
 
LostSon88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BAY AREA!!!!
Posts: 8,353
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

One would speculate that if/when he reunites with Peggy in his sequel, it will be at the end of the film where Steve and her finally meet and they have that dance.

Then fade to black...

LostSon88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:56 AM   #33
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,726
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Whoops; I meant Sharon, and not Peggy at the bottom of my last post.lol

In all honesty, I don't see them focusing on a present day romantic angle for Steve in his solo film. If anything, his solo film will end with him reuniting with a elderly Peggy in order for them both to have closure before he can truly move on with his life in that department.

And honestly, given that Steve has gone his separate way from the group, I wouldn't mind seeing him tackling everyday crimes by regular criminals instead of just being used to go up against alien armies or evil cults.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:02 AM   #34
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,949
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
The problem with that notion as some have mentioned is that if they had the same actress that played Peggy, playing Sharon, it would just signify even more that Steve isn't ready and hasn't moved on from his past if he's become attached to a woman that resembles Peggy in literally every way; plus it'd be creepy for him to go for a younger woman that looked exactly like her, not to mention that there would be a lot of criticism saying that the only real reason why he went for Sharon is because of her resemblance to Peggy.

At the moment, if they had to cast someone as Sharon, I wouldn't mind someone like Yvonne Strahovski
But her looking like Peggy a big reason why Steve initially fell for Sharon in the comics and only really became a relationship after numerous missions together.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:04 AM   #35
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,726
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
But her looking like Peggy a big reason why Steve initially fell for Sharon in the comics and only really became a relationship after numerous missions together.
True, though I don't think Marvel will go with that route in the film in terms of physical resemblance. Sure, there could be that sense of admiration for Sharon that he had for Peggy in regards to Sharon's ability to be strong and independent like her predecessor was, but I think they may go for a less..how should I say, "creepy" route in the films.lol

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:18 AM   #36
Avenger
Earth's Mightiest Fanboy
 
Avenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 669
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
One would speculate that if/when he reunites with Peggy in his sequel, it will be at the end of the film where Steve and her finally meet and they have that dance.

Then fade to black...
That's essentially my ideal scenario. At some point in the movie, either before the big action finale or in the denouement, Sharon takes Steve to wherever Peggy is living, and looks on, smiling, as the two of them reunite and finally have that dance they'd talked about all those years ago. I think that would be a very sweet (and emotional) scene.

__________________
"They always talk about transcending the genre and I don't believe in transcending the genre. I believe in the genre." -Joss Whedon
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:47 AM   #37
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,949
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
That's essentially my ideal scenario. At some point in the movie, either before the big action finale or in the denouement, Sharon takes Steve to wherever Peggy is living, and looks on, smiling, as the two of them reunite and finally have that dance they'd talked about all those years ago. I think that would be a very sweet (and emotional) scene.
I think that's very much what people are expecting and I bet what Marvel will want any writer to include. It would kind of conclude that relationship and make any relationship going forward the new focus for Steve's personal life.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:28 AM   #38
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 28,308
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Wow the full cowl with the ears opened

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #39
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,147
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Cap has the most screentime out of anyone, which is how it should be imo.

Hawkeye: 12:44

Thor: 25:52

Bruce Banner/The Hulk: 28:03

Black Widow: 33:35

Iron Man: 37:01

Captain America: 37:42

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #40
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 51,356
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Cap has the most screentime out of anyone, which is how it should be imo.

Hawkeye: 12:44

Thor: 25:52

Bruce Banner/The Hulk: 28:03

Black Widow: 33:35

Iron Man: 37:01

Captain America: 37:42
Yeah, he's the most important Avenger. Where did you find those times?

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #41
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,147
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yeah, he's the most important Avenger. Where did you find those times?
It was on the "site that shall not be named", it was originally posted by "Vulture" though.

I wouldn't say Cap is the "most important Avenger" (that's offensive) rather The Avengers is the most important to him.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #42
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 51,356
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
It was on the "site that shall not be named", it was originally posted by "Vulture" though.

I wouldn't say cap's the "most important Avenger" rather The Avengers is the most important to him.
That too. He's first on the list , leader, ever present. I guess the Avengers being not as big a part of the life of the others makes them that 0.1% less 'important' (sure there's a more appropriate word out there).

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #43
Godsfireworks
Arch Duke of Anemone
 
Godsfireworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Evergreen State
Posts: 771
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

wow Hawkeye got the short end of the stick on that one...

__________________

Proud Member of GOSA (Geyser Observation and Study Association)

Follow my adventures:
http://godsfireworks.blogspot.com/
Godsfireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #44
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,147
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
That too. He's first on the list , leader, ever present. I guess the Avengers being not as big a part of the life of the others makes them that 0.1% less 'important' (sure there's a more appropriate word out there).
Important is the right word, but only in the fact that the team is more important to his character than it is to the other characters.

Thor is the prince of another realm, Iron Man is the CEO of an technology/energy company, Hulk isn't really a "team player", Black Widow is a "spy", and Hawkeye is more of a Shield agent.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #45
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 51,356
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

He was great in the time he had though. Can't wait to see him to take up this role again.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #46
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 51,356
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Important is the right word, but only in the fact that the team is more important to his character than it is to the other characters.

Thor is the prince of another realm, Iron Man is the CEO of an technology/energy company, Hulk isn't really a "team player", Black Widow is a "spy", and Hawkeye is more of a Shield agent.
Yep, Cap is the definitive Avenger. And his team were too good in this. There's noone I want to sub out at the moment.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #47
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,147
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
He was great in the time he had though. Can't wait to see him to take up this role again.
Agreed, Hawkeye still felt important to the team whenever he was freed from Loki's hold.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #48
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 28,308
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Cap has the most screentime out of anyone, which is how it should be imo.

Hawkeye: 12:44

Thor: 25:52

Bruce Banner/The Hulk: 28:03

Black Widow: 33:35

Iron Man: 37:01

Captain America: 37:42

I totally agree with this. He is the leader after all why should he get top screentime.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #49
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,147
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
I totally agree with this. He is the leader after all why should he get top screentime.
Definately, he's also the one who doesn't really have anywhere else to go at the moment.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #50
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 51,356
Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

I didn't realise Thor got nearly as much time as Hulk. Felt like less.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.