The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

View Poll Results: What was your favorite fight in the film?
Loki vs Shield Agents 1 0.68%
Captain America vs Loki 16 10.88%
Thor vs Iron Man/Captain America 48 32.65%
Hulk vs Thor 66 44.90%
Black Widow vs Hawkeye 11 7.48%
Thor vs Loki 5 3.40%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #76
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
You're still going to a lot of effort to establish why a clearly marked (and popular) "fight scene" is not actually a fight. But to play it your way...

"A purposeful violent conflict" - There was a conflict between Hulk and Loki, and violence was involved.

"meant to establish dominance over the possition...." - Hulk established dominance over Loki.

"The term combat (French for fight) typically refers to armed conflict between military forces in warfare..." - Damn, now we need to create a THIRD poll, one for the fights, one for the assaults, and one for combat that we can include Loki VS SHIELD in....

"the more general term 'fighting' can refer to any violent conflict between individuals" - such as the Hulk/Loki confrontation, which we've already established had conflict, and was violent.

"fighting implies at least a defensive reaction" - you could call Loki's "STOP!" a defensive reaction, if we're being nitpicky about dictionary definitions here.
Loki never said stop he said "enough", we're clearly talking about a physical fight here and in a physical fight "speaking" is not a defensive reaction.

Clearly you have a chip on your shoulder about you're favorite "violent scene" not being included in this poll, I'm not engaging in this pointless convo anymore because it's not going to change anything.

Seriously dude, you're derailing this thread by purposefully going against something established in the first post. If you didn't agree with it you should've created your own thread OR simply ignored this thread in it's entirety.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #77
TomPiltoff
you are all diseased

Quote:
Well, actually, you posted dictionary definitions as facts, and when I demonstrated how Hulk/Loki could be defined as a fight based on the very dictionary definitions you posted
Let me stop you right there.

Hulk v Loki was like 4 seconds long, it wasn't a lengthy choreographed fight sequence. It's common sense. I understand it, everybody else understands it, and so do you. Stop being so obnoxiously pedantic.

TomPiltoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:10 AM   #78
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

From the poll options I voted Cap vs Loki, I just love the build up to it with the old guy and Cap saving him, and I loved how well Cap did, he was obviously out of his league, but he just wouldnt give up.

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8(4)The Lego Movie-7.5(5)Robocop-7.5(6)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #79
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
From the poll options I voted Cap vs Loki, I just love the build up to it with the old guy and Cap saving him, and I loved how well Cap did, he was obviously out of his league, but he just wouldnt give up.
That fight was truly awesome, definately an underrated fight scene and probably my 3rd favorite one on one fight in the film.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:16 AM   #80
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

I voted for Thor vs Iron Man (and Cap). It was without interruptions, it had the most moves out of the fights, it was well choreographed and they found a clever way (that ties back into to IM2) to make IM competitive enough to make it fun. It also had a big ending, without anyone coming off bad.

There's stiff competition though.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:18 AM   #81
Keyser Soze
I AM EXCITE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Loki never said stop he said "enough", we're clearly talking about a physical fight here and in a physical fight "speaking" is not a defensive reaction.
So, isn't this stating your opinion and your interpretation of the facts, then?

Quote:
Clearly you have a chip on your shoulder about you're favorite "violent scene" not being included in this poll, I'm not engaging in this pointless convo anymore because it's not going to change anything.
As I said earlier, I don't particularly care about the fight's exclusion on the list. It's hardly like this is the exhaustive, definitive list of what is and isn't a fight in The Avengers, to be preserved in stone tablet for all time. It's a poll on an internet message board. I cared enough to make a two-line joke post about it, and thought that was that. What made me argue further than that was your grumpy facepalm response.

Quote:
Seriously dude, you're derailing this thread by purposefully going against something established in the first post. If you didn't agree with it you should've created your own thread OR simply ignored this thread in it's entirety.
If you didn't want your thread "derailed" by opposing opinion, you should have made that clear from the get go, perhaps something following this template...

DISCLAIMER: I am the self-appointed mod of this thread, and my word is law. The definitions of fight I state here in this opening post are to be upheld without quarrel or question. Anyone who thinks otherwise must start their own thread rather than besmirch mine.

Check out my comic, THE STANDARD!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:20 AM   #82
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
That fight was truly awesome, definately an underrated fight scene and probably my 3rd favorite one on one fight in the film.
Yep, both times I have seen it it impressed me, Caps never give up attitude really shone through and considering he was fighting a God I just loved that.
2nd time around I found Hulk vs Thor too, too short, and little dissapointing in that we never really saw that much brawling from them.

Loved Iron Man vs Thor both times as well, but the Cap one just stands out to me.

Strange the way Iron Man and Loki never really had a throwdown fight with each other, would have liked to have seen how that went.

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8(4)The Lego Movie-7.5(5)Robocop-7.5(6)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
Old 05-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #83
Keyser Soze
I AM EXCITE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPiltoff View Post
Let me stop you right there.

Hulk v Loki was like 4 seconds long, it wasn't a lengthy choreographed fight sequence. It's common sense. I understand it, everybody else understands it, and so do you. Stop being so obnoxiously pedantic.
I'll admit that I largely stopped having a serious argument about 2 pages ago, and mostly I've just found it amusing watching BigThor get increasingly flustered by my questioning the absurdity of him trying to dictate the discussion in the thread. Read some of these posts with tongue at least partially lodged in cheek.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #84
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Thor vs Hulk was mine, tho it was close to the Im/Thor and Cap/Thor. I think what set it for me was it showed you have to be worthy to weild Mjolnir

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #85
mc7791
The boys have arrived

Quote:
agreed. that figth really spoke to Cap's character and why to me he is the Heros hero and the heart and inspiraiton of the team. But my favorite fight was Thor vs Iron Man. I think Thor held back because he did not want to possibly kill or maim Iron Man and Thor always relishes a fight which was shown when he fought Hulk.

mc7791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #86
Keyser Soze
I AM EXCITE!

Quote:
Yep, both times I have seen it it impressed me, Caps never give up attitude really shone through and considering he was fighting a God I just loved that.
2nd time around I found Hulk vs Thor too, too short, and little dissapointing in that we never really saw that much brawling from them.

Loved Iron Man vs Thor both times as well, but the Cap one just stands out to me.

Strange the way Iron Man and Loki never really had a throwdown fight with each other, would have liked to have seen how that went.
Hulk VS Thor might have been relatively brief, but it had some of the most satisfying moments, like the Mjolnir uppercut and Hulk struggling to lift up the hammer.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #87
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
So, isn't this stating your opinion and your interpretation of the facts, then?
Nope, because we're discussion a physical fight and not an argument or else I would've included actual arguments.

Quote:
As I said earlier, I don't particularly care about the fight's exclusion on the list. It's hardly like this is the exhaustive, definitive list of what is and isn't a fight in The Avengers, to be preserved in stone tablet for all time. It's a poll on an internet message board. I cared enough to make a two-line joke post about it, and thought that was that. What made me argue further than that was your grumpy facepalm response.
You came in here with the intent of expressing your disagreement with something said in the opening post, that my friend is pretty darn close to trolling

Oh and that "grumpy facepalm" was a response to someone's elses's post not yours, so yeah there's that.

Quote:
If you didn't want your thread "derailed" by opposing opinion, you should have made that clear from the get go, perhaps something following this template...

DISCLAIMER: I am the self-appointed mod of this thread, and my word is law. The definitions of fight I state here in this opening post are to be upheld without quarrel or question. Anyone who thinks otherwise must start their own thread rather than besmirch mine.
Nah, if you didn't agree with one of main points in the opening post itself you shoudn't have even come in here.

It's common sense really...

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #88
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Hulk VS Thor might have been relatively brief, but it had some of the most satisfying moments, like the Mjolnir uppercut and Hulk struggling to lift up the hammer.
Oh it had some great moments, the one you mentioned and Hulk man-handling Thor a few times as well has his punches sending Thor flying. As a long-time Hulk fan and more recent Thor fan I liked how the fight went, it just should have gone on longer to me.

Both characters showed far more in the final battle than they did in this fight IMO.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #89
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I'll admit that I largely stopped having a serious argument about 2 pages ago, and mostly I've just found it amusing watching BigThor get increasingly flustered by my questioning the absurdity of him trying to dictate the discussion in the thread. Read some of these posts with tongue at least partially lodged in cheek.
Now that sir is trolling, also funny since I haven't become anything close to being "flustered".

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #90
Keyser Soze
I AM EXCITE!

Quote:
Nope, because we're discussion a physical fight and not an argument or else I would've included actual arguments.

You came in here with the intent of expressing your disagreement with something said in the opening post, that my friend is pretty darn close to trolling

Oh and that "grumpy facepalm" was a response to someone's elses's post not yours, so yeah there's that.

Nah, if you didn't agree with one of main points in the opening post itself you shoudn't have even come in here.

It's common sense really...
I thought you weren't going to reply to me anymore.

Rather than continuing the back-and-forth, all I'll point out is, RE your last point, if nobody ever posted in disagreement to the points raised in the opening post of a thread, there would be very little discussion and we'd have a very dead forum.

Quote:
Now that sir is trolling, also funny since I haven't become anything close to being "flustered".
Wow, people are really liberal with what they classify as "trolling" these days...

Old 05-08-2012, 08:32 AM   #91
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I thought you weren't going to reply to me anymore.

Rather than continuing the back-and-forth, all I'll point out is, RE your last point, if nobody ever posted in disagreement to the points raised in the opening post of a thread, there would be very little discussion and we'd have a very dead forum.
You've clearly just expressed your intent to troll, therefore I say good day to you sir.

Quote:
Oh it had some great moments, the one you mentioned and Hulk man-handling Thor a few times as well has his punches sending Thor flying. As a long-time Hulk fan and more recent Thor fan I liked how the fight went, it just should have gone on longer to me.

Both characters showed far more in the final battle than they did in this fight IMO.
Well Thor's obviously not gonna go all "lightning strike" inside the helicarrier, so of course they showed more in a battle that took place in an open area.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:35 AM   #92
hopeisreal
Banned User

Ha, guys let's just stop the arguing. BigThor is right. The Hulk vs Loki is NOT a fight. Sorry, it isn't.
It lasted like five seconds...FIVE SECONDS! How do you call that a fight. And it consisted of one character OBLITERATING the other.

Just end it and comment on the choices that were given in the poll and just quit your bickering.

hopeisreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #93
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeisreal View Post
Ha, guys let's just stop the arguing. BigThor is right. The Hulk vs Loki is NOT a fight. Sorry, it isn't.
It lasted like five seconds...FIVE SECONDS! How do you call that a fight. And it consisted of one character OBLITERATING the other.

Just end it and comment on the choices that were given in the poll and just quit your bickering.
The argument is over, the guy clearly expressed that he was trolling.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #94
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:

Personally I would have more understanding for calling Hulk vs Loki a favorite moment since putting that ahead of other fights in the movie would be a pretty poor review of the fights that actually had choreography and a story to tell. But that's my opinion.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #95
Keyser Soze
I AM EXCITE!

Quote:
The argument is over, the guy clearly expressed that he was trolling.
I think I established that you are so frightened of people disagreeing with you that you will call it trolling, and that some people are so thin-skinned they will throw the T-word around at the drop of a hat. Those who know me on these boards know I'm anything but a troll. But I don't want to agitate things any further if you think I'm trolling your thread, so I had already opted not to continue the argument before hopeisreal's post, in spite of your apparent insistence on repeatedly getting the last word.

So, if it makes you feel better, I'll let you get the last word again in reply to this, and anything else I say here will be in relation to the fights you have decreed we are allowed to discuss in your thread.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #96
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

You're right it's NOT a fight, but it was just plain funny as S*&t to see tho lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 05-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #97
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
You're right it's NOT a fight, but it was just plain funny as S*&t to see tho lol
Agreed

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #98
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I think I established that you are so frightened of people disagreeing with you that you will call it trolling, and that some people are so thin-skinned they will throw the T-word around at the drop of a hat. Those who know me on these boards know I'm anything but a troll. But I don't want to agitate things any further if you think I'm trolling your thread, so I had already opted not to continue the argument before hopeisreal's post, in spite of your apparent insistence on repeatedly getting the last word.

So, if it makes you feel better, I'll let you get the last word again in reply to this, and anything else I say here will be in relation to the fights you have decreed we are allowed to discuss in your thread.
STILL tho KS do not target one guy just because you want to see the person get agitated THAT is trolling and really not called for.
You both have your opinions avoid each other or Ignor each other or Warnings and banning will take place.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 05-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #99
thalidomide
The Enemy

I say The Avengers vs The Shawarma

thalidomide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #100
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalidomide View Post
I say The Avengers vs The Shawarma
Lol hehehehehe

Spider-Man - Hear what?