The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

View Poll Results: What was your favorite fight in the film?
Loki vs Shield Agents 1 0.68%
Captain America vs Loki 16 10.88%
Thor vs Iron Man/Captain America 48 32.65%
Hulk vs Thor 66 44.90%
Black Widow vs Hawkeye 11 7.48%
Thor vs Loki 5 3.40%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #101
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!
 
Kirk Langstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,160
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

I REALLY enjoyed Thor vs Hulk! That shot of Thor with the hammer/upper-cut was pure money!

However, after much thought, i have to go with Thor vs Iron Man/Cap, mainly because there was some killer trash talk happening as they all fought, lol

__________________
The poster formerly known as "CaptainStacy"...
Kirk Langstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:58 AM   #102
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStacy View Post
I REALLY enjoyed Thor vs Hulk! That shot of Thor with the hammer/upper-cut was pure money!

However, after much thought, i have to go with Thor vs Iron Man/Cap, mainly because there was some killer trash talk happening as they all fought, lol
The trash talk mainly it took place before/after the fight but that was definately didn't stop it from being cool.

I like how Thor hit IM after he called him a "tourist", because he always struck me as more of an action speaks louder than words type person.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #103
kedrell
Correction, I AM SWISS!!!
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,154
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

Thor vs Hulk was good but hampered by taking place on the helicarrier(not much room to move and such) so I'd have to say the Thor/Iron Man fight was probably my favorite. It had a bigger scale, what with being out-doors and all and ranged for miles. Plus with the Thor vs Hulk fight I was hoping for something like in Ultimates where Thor shows up to battle Hulk in NYC after Hulk has just kicked the crap out the rest of the team and Thor just wales on him with his hammer so hard that he causes a minor seismic event and embeds Hulk several feet into the pavement....and then Hulk calls him a hippy and slugs him across town.

It's all about scale. The IM/Thor fight was of the appropriate scale given how powerful they are(obviously Thor's more powerful but he really wasn't doing anything more than getting annoyed by Iron man). But a Hulk/Thor fight should be of a much larger scale.

__________________
9/15/14 - The Marvel Cinematic Universe is only $3,079,698 away from crossing the $7 billion mark. Within a week it'll be there.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #104
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!
 
Drummerdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,047
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

Thor vs. Hulk: incredible. I only wish it went on longer, because to me it seemed rather short...but then again, so did every fight except the final battle. Only so much you can do in 2 hours.

Drummerdude7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:12 AM   #105
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Thor vs Hulk was good but hampered by taking place on the helicarrier(not much room to move and such) so I'd have to say the Thor/Iron Man fight was probably my favorite. It had a bigger scale, what with being out-doors and all and ranged for miles. Plus with the Thor vs Hulk fight I was hoping for something like in Ultimates where Thor shows up to battle Hulk in NYC after Hulk has just kicked the crap out the rest of the team and Thor just wales on him with his hammer so hard that he causes a minor seismic event and embeds Hulk several feet into the pavement....and then Hulk calls him a hippy and slugs him across town.

It's all about scale. The IM/Thor fight was of the appropriate scale given how powerful they are(obviously Thor's more powerful but he really wasn't doing anything more than getting annoyed by Iron man). But a Hulk/Thor fight should be of a much larger scale.
My sentiments exactly, mostly because of the scale which Thor vs Hulk lacked.

The reason Thor didn't just start wailing on Hulk from the beginning because he was trying to calm him down.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #106
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!
 
Drummerdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,047
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

Thor was definitely being very careful in trying to minimize the damage around him. But when he laid that smackdown on Hulk with Mjolnir...i lost it. Too awesome for words. And then Hulk turns around, a little dazed, and HURLS a jet wing right at him. Now I need to see this movie again after writing all that....

Drummerdude7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #107
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!
 
Stringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: West Side-Copy Shop
Posts: 6,183
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

Thor/Hulk
Thor/Iron Man/Cap
Although it's not a physical fight, Cap/Stark

__________________
"When you come at the King you best not miss"- Omar Little

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Stringer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #108
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerdude7 View Post
Thor was definitely being very careful in trying to minimize the damage around him. But when he laid that smackdown on Hulk with Mjolnir...i lost it. Too awesome for words. And then Hulk turns around, a little dazed, and HURLS a jet wing right at him. Now I need to see this movie again after writing all that....
Definately

For some reason I wish that jet wing would've hit Thor and sent him crashing into the hummer behind him.

Overall though, Hulk showed he was stronger/more relentless and Thor showed he was more skilled/careful.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #109
kedrell
Correction, I AM SWISS!!!
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,154
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

Yes and I'm sure Thor knew that cutting loose while on the helicarrier would not be a good idea. And while all that makes perfect sense as to why the fight was less than it could have been, I can't help but wish to see a fight where they could have both cut loose.

__________________
9/15/14 - The Marvel Cinematic Universe is only $3,079,698 away from crossing the $7 billion mark. Within a week it'll be there.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #110
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!
 
Drummerdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,047
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

Thor definitely had a look on his face saying "F**k...what am I going to do?"

It's too bad their fight didn't carry on to that cornfield =(

Drummerdude7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #111
Oruku Saki
Side-Kick
 
Oruku Saki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: gigantic extradimensional citadel deep underground
Posts: 754
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

It's painfully obvious the Thor/Hulk fight was MASSIVELY restrained from both parties...I think the budget was the main concern there. Maybe they will trade blows in Avengers 2 on a larger scale (just for kicks/fighting siblings etc). We all know after Avengers there's gotta be some payback from Thor to Hulk for that cheap shot.

__________________
GIVE UP... ON ME GIVING UP!
Oruku Saki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #112
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oruku Saki View Post
It's painfully obvious the Thor/Hulk fight was MASSIVELY restrained from both parties...I think the budget was the main concern there. Maybe they will trade blows in Avengers 2 on a larger scale (just for kicks/fighting siblings etc). We all know after Avengers there's gotta be some payback from Thor to Hulk for that cheap shot.
I didn't think Hulk was restrained though, he almost killed Black Widow before Thor intervened.

Yeah I definately want to see Thor/Hulk's rivalry expanded upon in Avengers 2 even if it's not a full blown fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerdude7 View Post
Thor definitely had a look on his face saying "F**k...what am I going to do?"

It's too bad their fight didn't carry on to that cornfield =(
I noticed that too, it was like "Woah, I've got a fight on my hands with this one".

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #113
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 27,466
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalidomide View Post
I say The Avengers vs The Shawarma
heh That Sandwhich is going to be requested all over now.
I'm wondering what it tastes like? Looks sort of like a Gyro.

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"


Vartha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #114
Mr. Immortal
Homo s. supreme
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The end of time and space.
Posts: 176
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
heh That Sandwhich is going to be requested all over now.
I'm wondering what it tastes like? Looks sort of like a Gyro.
I never even heard of it until this movie, lol. Sales must be through the roof.

Mr. Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:02 PM   #115
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

I was watching the IM/Thor clip on youtube and someone said "IM handled Thor and if Cap didn't come Thor would've been outta here".

Lol wut?

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #116
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!
 
Drummerdude7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,047
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I was watching the IM/Thor clip on youtube and someone said "IM handled Thor and if Cap didn't come Thor would've been outta here".

Lol wut?
Not this again

Drummerdude7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #117
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,668
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

You know we are going to get a colossal Hulk vs. Thor fight in TA2 right? Only this time, OUTDOORS!! Like on top of that mountain with all the vibranium in Wakanda. No?

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #118
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick
 
Paladin-Hoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,598
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Immortal View Post
I never even heard of it until this movie, lol. Sales must be through the roof.
In my country, it's called SHOARMA. It's a turkish food...and it's damn good!

It looks like this:


http://www.cafetariaprins.nl/shoarma_-_doner.html

Paladin-Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #119
itchyscratch
Side-Kick
 
itchyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 672
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

I'm sad there is no Loki vs Eyeball category.

itchyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #120
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,133
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerdude7 View Post
Not this again
Some people are just bat **** crazy, especially on websites like youtube.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #121
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

Just saw this previz shot they did of the Thor/Cap tango ..... this angle would've been awesome .....


Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #122
Mr. Immortal
Homo s. supreme
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The end of time and space.
Posts: 176
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

I'm diggin' that shot.

Mr. Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #123
Pinky021
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 133
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

I voted Hulk vs Thor,, I didn't think they were going to show that in the movie,, I enjoyed a lot Thor vs Iron Man, I liked that they overpowered IM with Thor's lightning so the fight will be more even,, I loved all Cap's scenes, and BW vs Hawkeye!

Pinky021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #124
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer
 
Quasimod0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 9,009
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

I voted cap vs loki. That whole scene was incredibly sweet. Although, hulk vs thor was amazing too. Heck, it was all amazing

__________________
Movies I have seen this year:
Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #125
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,232
Default Re: What is your favorite fight in the film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStacy View Post
I REALLY enjoyed Thor vs Hulk! That shot of Thor with the hammer/upper-cut was pure money!

However, after much thought, i have to go with Thor vs Iron Man/Cap, mainly because there was some killer trash talk happening as they all fought, lol
I agree. The Hulk/Thor fight was too short, with too many other cuts showing what else was going on, for it to be better than the IM, Cap/Thor battle. But seeing as how the Hulk/Thor match-up is one of the classic comic altercations of all time, I would've liked a bit more...

__________________
"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.