The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 05-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herakles View Post
My 2 favorite parts of that fight scene is Thor calling Mjolnir, he justs sits there waiting for it to fly to him. My next favorite part is when Thor ****** slaps Hulk so hard with Mjolnir that it looked like Hulk was actually KOd till he hit the plane.
Yeah he definately was in a state of euphoria while flying through the air, there's no doubt that he would've bleed had it hit him in the nose.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Yeah he definately was in a state of euphoria while flying through the air, there's no doubt that he would've bleed had it hit him in the nose.

Euphoria?? You sure about that? Euphoria is the intense feeling of well being, emotionally, and or physically. Hulk looked like he was hurt for the moment from that blow, his face just went, blank haha.

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Euphoria?? You sure about that? Euphoria is the intense feeling of well being, emotionally, and or physically. Hulk looked like he was hurt for the moment from that blow, his face just went, blank haha.
I meant it as in Hulk was kind if "checked out" at the moment, I forgot about the "happiness" aspect of being in euphoria.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #6
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Do you guys and girls think they will change Thor's costume for Thor 2?

Old 05-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #7
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

I love how gloriously cheesy the pun in this thread title is.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #8
Project862006
Banned User

while thor did'nt have as much screen time as cap or IM i thought he had the best action scenes!!

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:41 PM   #9
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
Do you guys and girls think they will change Thor's costume for Thor 2?
Hmmm, I want both his armored and "classic" outfits from this film to be used at various points.

If they do changed his costume I wouldn't mind seeing them return to the black pants from his solo film.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #10
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

The scene where he comes after Loki is so epic there are no words.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Hmmm, I want both his armored and "classic" outfits from this film to be used at various points.

If they do changed his costume I wouldn't mind seeing them return to the black pants from his solo film.
I don't know. His armored look really has grown on me. I do like the "classic" look though...

ps BT, you like my new Avy?

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #12
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I don't know. His armored look really has grown on me. I do like the "classic" look though...

ps BT, you like my new Avy?
I'm the opposite, the armored look was initially my favorite by far but I've grown to love his "classic" look in this film.

Oh and you're new avy is quite funny, I imagine Thor saying "wowzers" with the camera zooming in and out like that.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #13
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Do you guys think it was intentional for the film to have not shown Thor being in such peril like most of his teammates were during the final battle?

I mean, you had:

1. Tony nearly getting killed from sending that nuke into space.

2. Steve getting blown out of buildings and getting shot by the Chitari around the ribs.

3. BW was showing obvious fatigue during her final battles with the alien soldiers on the ground.

4. Hawkeye got the wind knocked out of him when he flew right through that window.

5. The Hulk got ambushed with several rays of lasers that were strong enough to subdue him for a while.

Yet, Thor, aside from getting stabbed from Loki, which even with that, didn't seem to really phase him in the long run, didn't really encounter any of these issues. He showed no real signs of fatigue from the final battle, no wounds on his actual body made from the Soldiers either.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #14
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Do you guys think it was intentional for the film to have not shown Thor being in such peril like most of his teammates were during the final battle?

I mean, you had:

2. Steve getting blown out of buildings and getting shot by the Chitari around the ribs.

3. BW was showing obvious fatigue during her final battles with the alien soldiers on the ground.

4. Hawkeye got the wind knocked out of him when he flew right through that window.

5. The Hulk got ambushed with several rays of lasers that were strong enough to subdue him for a while.

Yet, Thor, aside from getting stabbed from Loki, which even with that, didn't seem to really phase him in the long run, didn't really encounter any of these issues. He showed no real signs of fatigue from the final battle, no wounds on his actual body made from the Soldiers either.
Well it only makes sense given that's he's been fighting in huge battles for over a thousand years.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #15
Mr. Immortal
Homo s. supreme

Quote:

I mean, you had:

I think it was intentional and I'm OK with it. Hulk showed even less signs of danger to me, nothing really fazed him at all. Plus he was the first one to destroy Leviathan, the one to defeat Loki, the one to catch Tony, and the one to wake him up.

Mr. Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #16
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Well it only makes sense given that's he's been fighting in huge battles for over a thousand years.
True; and don't get me wrong, it's not that I had a issue with it; it's just one of those.."Oh wow, that's something cool that I didn't really realize till now".lol

Hell, I also just remembered on how BW had ordered on her comlink to bring Thor into the room with Banner when she was on her way to confront him (Banner) after learning about Loki's plans to unleash the Hulk.

It's just, really nice as a Thor fan personally, to see Thor constantly being recognized in the MCU as a real powerhouse for good.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #17
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Immortal View Post
I think it was intentional and I'm OK with it. Hulk showed even less signs of danger to me, nothing really fazed him at all. Plus he was the first one to destroy Leviathan, the one to defeat Loki, the one to catch Tony, and the one to wake him up.
Hulk showed quite a bit of fatigue and danger when he was being bombarded after being surrounded by all of those ships.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #18
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Yeah hulk looked like he was in trouble at that moment. Even though I was just waiting for him to jump up and take em all out. lol. Thor definitely didn't seem to be getting very tired. He even gets run into by a leviathan. and that didnt stop him

3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Quasimod0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #19
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I honestly can't wait to see Thor tackle on a villain in the TA, or hell, even in his own film, where he's pushed to the breaking point..I mean farther than anything that we've seen where it can't be disputed that he was holding back or whatnot.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #20
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Yeah hulk looked like he was in trouble at that moment. Even though I was just waiting for him to jump up and take em all out. lol. Thor definitely didn't seem to be getting very tired. He even gets run into by a leviathan. and that didnt stop him
I thought the same thing, but Thor leaped off that chitauri ship right before the leviathan crashed into it.

It was kind of funny really, he was all like "oh ****, gotta go"! *jumps from ship*

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 05-08-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #21
Bren
Forevernoob

Quote:
Hell, I also just remembered on how BW had ordered on her comlink to bring Thor into the room with Banner when she was on her way to confront him (Banner) after learning about Loki's plans to unleash the Hulk.
Really - Damn how the hell did I miss that!?!?!?!?! Reading it just made me grow that huge fat cheesy grin all over again.

Damn impressive, considering I'm 22 hours no sleep and still 7 hours of my nightshift to go...

Quote:
I honestly can't wait to see Thor tackle on a villain in the TA, or hell, even in his own film, where he's pushed to the breaking point..I mean farther than anything that we've seen where it can't be disputed that he was holding back or whatnot.
Absolutely. I can just imagine an image of him floating in the air, utterly mad as hell (a level that Hulk would suggest anger management hehe), lightning starting to stream into him, from him etc, not just the hammer.
And I really REALLY wouldn't mind a closeup of his eyes, which are throwing off electricity themselves (you all know what I mean ).

Last edited by Bren; 05-08-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #22
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

I doubt there's room for it if there will only be three Avengers movies but it would actually be cool if another villain wanted to do something similar to what Loki did in terms of making the Avengers busy fighting themselves, but doing it through finding some way to bring the warrior's madness over Thor. That could probably surprise quite a few people.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #23
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Really - Damn how the hell did I miss that!?!?!?!?! Reading it just made me grow that huge fat cheesy grin all over again.

Damn impressive, considering I'm 22 hours no sleep and still 7 hours of my nightshift to go...
Yeah I noticed that too, I love when Thor get's treated as a "big gun".

Quote:
Absolutely. I can just imagine an image of him floating in the air, utterly mad as hell (a level that Hulk would suggest anger management hehe), lightning starting to stream into him, from him etc, not just the hammer.
And I really REALLY wouldn't mind a closeup of his eyes, which are throwing off electricity themselves (you all know what I mean ).
Hmmm sounds just like the scene in this video, it comes in at the 5:42 second mark.

Thor's Avengers: EMH tribute
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #24
Avenger
Earth's Mightiest Fanboy

Thor was a freaking bad*** in this movie. I was never all that interested in Thor's comics as a kid, but TA and his solo movie have really given me a new appreciation for the character. It's true that he had less screen time than Cap and Iron Man, but I never really felt like he was being shortchanged. He was on Earth for a very specific purpose, and his part in the movie flowed very organically.

The only part where I got a little tripped up was when he was in the field and Mjolnir wouldn't come to his hand. Was that supposed to be implying that the hammer needed to be recharged (hence the lightning scene)?

Old 05-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #25
SuperSoldier985
That's Funny

I admired that despite my opinion that Thor had the least amount of development in this movie, they made up for it by including him in some of the movie's most memorable scenes. I liked how they tried to bring full circle his relationship with Loki again, and even though I would've liked to have seen more, I honestly don't know what else they could've done with him while also moving the plot forward...

SuperSoldier985 is offline   Reply With Quote