The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #526
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Default Re: The 76th TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread (NOT A LOUNGE)

So I thought we'd be getting a new poster or two soon? What's up with that?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #527
dark_b
Side-Kick

Default Re: The 76th TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread (NOT A LOUNGE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léo Ho Tep View Post
Do you think this scene will happen before, or after Bane takes over Gotham? Maybe it's after Bruce escapes the prison, he asks for her help, and at first she refuses.
i think it happens after. we saw snow.

i think Bane defeats Batman and then scenes later we see how Blake wants to save the kids on the bus. when the bridges are destroyed it starts to snow. we see it in the trailer that its snowing when Blake is looking at the bridges. at that time Bruce is in the prison. so i think Bruce and Selina talking is when Bruce comes back. but on the other side would Bruce walk outside open to everyone?

Old 05-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #528
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
i think it happens after. we saw snow.

i think Bane defeats Batman and then scenes later we see how Blake wants to save the kids on the bus. when the bridges are destroyed it starts to snow. we see it in the trailer that its snowing when Blake is looking at the bridges. at that time Bruce is in the prison. so i think Bruce and Selina talking is when Bruce comes back. but on the other side would Bruce walk outside open to everyone?
That would be my guess as well. Maybe he's hiding in the shadows and using his stealth skills not to be spotted.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #529
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

If people are hard up for food that they're fighting over it, some time would've passed you'd have to think.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 05-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #530
Stillsberry
Side-Kick

http://actfourscreenplays.com/wordpr...ap-Calvisi.pdf

Everyone read this already? Pretty interesting speculation.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #531
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léo Ho Tep View Post
While I saw the pictures of that scene, I didn't see the ones with Bruce. But I agree with you, the context seems to indicate it's taking place after.
I believe there weren't any pics of the two of them during the scene. The only pic we got was after the shoot when Bale introduced Anne to his daughter.

One scenario I can think of (pre-Bane attack) is Bruce saw Selina beating up the thugs, he decides to talk with her (he probably recognized her as the maid from Wayne Manor), she gives him again a lecture again that if the rich weren't so damn selfish like him then children wouldn't be hungry and they need someone to protect them and why is Batman gone, blah, blah, blah. Seems a bit redundant though with the ball scene.

I'm still leaning towards post-prison breakout.

Last edited by kvz5; 05-09-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #532
Thatsabingo!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillsberry View Post

hopefully that was for school. Super long. Good though.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #533
RedSkull
Lord of the Movie Masters

Joss Whedon:
RTA: I've seen a lot of a talk about "the Availers" vs "the Dark Knight Rises". How will you feel if you're eclipsed by Nolan?
JW: I'm glad I made you ask that. I will feel sad. But let's look at the bigger picture, and I can't say this enough: THIS IS NOT A ZERO SUM GAME. Our successes, whoever has the mostest, are a boon to each other. We're in the business of proving that superhero movies aren't just eye-candy (they're eye-TRUFFLES!). People seem intent on setting us against each other, and though I'm proud to be Woody Strode to Nolan's Kirk Douglas, I think they're missing the point. Whatever TDKR does on its first weekend, the only stat that matters to me is the ticket I'M definitely buying. Nolan and Raimi INVENTED the true superhero flick, yo. (Special mention to Jon Favreau and James Gunn.) Happy to be in the mix.

I don't sleep I wait for more movie masters
Old 05-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #534
kvz5
HBIC

Joss

Old 05-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #535
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSkull View Post
Joss Whedon:
RTA: I've seen a lot of a talk about "the Availers" vs "the Dark Knight Rises". How will you feel if you're eclipsed by Nolan?
JW: I'm glad I made you ask that. I will feel sad. But let's look at the bigger picture, and I can't say this enough: THIS IS NOT A ZERO SUM GAME. Our successes, whoever has the mostest, are a boon to each other. We're in the business of proving that superhero movies aren't just eye-candy (they're eye-TRUFFLES!). People seem intent on setting us against each other, and though I'm proud to be Woody Strode to Nolan's Kirk Douglas, I think they're missing the point. Whatever TDKR does on its first weekend, the only stat that matters to me is the ticket I'M definitely buying. Nolan and Raimi INVENTED the true superhero flick, yo. (Special mention to Jon Favreau and James Gunn.) Happy to be in the mix.
Batman: "I'm Batman." [Turns to RedSkull] "Nice quote."

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #536
Great1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Joss Whedon:
The hell is the Availers?

Old 05-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #537
Thatsabingo!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Joss Whedon:
lol

Old 05-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #538
lililatigresse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Joss Whedon:
That's nice, but I just don't like the guy Jon Favreau looks like a cool guy though

Old 05-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #539
kvz5
HBIC

I want a 4 minute preview/trailer!

Old 05-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #540
OutOfBoose
Bat-Brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillsberry View Post

Interesting. But way too many holes.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #541
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
I want a 4 minute preview/trailer!
Actually I don't want that. I think I'm in the minority but I like the subdued marketing for this film so far.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #542
Miranda Fox
Haters to the Left.

Quote:
Joss Whedon:
I have mixed feelings about the guy, but major props for that, Joss.

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it!" - Pirate Captain.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #543
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Actually I don't want that. I think I'm in the minority but I like the subdued marketing for this film so far.
I agree, while I like all the things coming out for TDKR in marketing I prefer a marketing where it doesn't show every money shot or explain the story enough to know where it's going.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #544
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Me too. I'm going to see this film anyway, so the less I know about him the better it will in the end, but I'm certainly not strong enough not to watch every single piece of footage Warner Brothers puts out

Though on the other hand I do want TDKR to be huge, so, I hope they beef it up in the next few weeks.

Free Original Music
Old 05-09-2012, 10:23 AM   #545
Thatsabingo!
Side-Kick

I doubt we will get another trailer. TV spots aplenty, but i think the trailers are done

Old 05-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #546
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsabingo! View Post
I doubt we will get another trailer. TV spots aplenty, but i think the trailers are done
There's usually a International trailer that comes out with big blockbusters.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 05-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #547
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

I'm waiting for 2 things. The world to change, and WB to release the third poster.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 05-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #548
Thatsabingo!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
There's usually a International trailer that comes out with big blockbusters.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
ahhhh gotcha. Are they usually different?

Old 05-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #549
Thatsabingo!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
I'm waiting for 2 things. The world to change, and WB to release the third poster.
Clevah

Old 05-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #550
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Remember last year when a lot of people here was worried about Batman fighting in day time? I found this again of someone trying to make that scene darker/color corrected. good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsabingo! View Post
ahhhh gotcha. Are they usually different?
Pretty much, you'll get a few new scenes in those trailers.

Closed Thread