The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #201
Naite22
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - Part

^Damn! They really are hyping the crap out of this movie now! :-) They mean serious ****ing business! On the other hand, they really have no other choice but to promote it like crazy. The competition this summer is preeetty_darn_high! And they know it.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #202
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Knight191 View Post
Yeah, was really cool indeed. And ‎"This city needs you, protect them." That's from C. Thomas Howell playing Ray I think?
Kinda sounded like Captain Stacy to me.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #203
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Kinda sounded like Captain Stacy to me.
dying words?

Old 05-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #204
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
dying words?
Yeah, that's what I think. Sounds like only a part of his dying words though, not the whole thing.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #205
elsewhere
omnipotent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone View Post
All the footage we've so far....so many iconic Spidey poses.

**** the haters, this movie will own.
There was a new pose of him jumping at :07 secs in. Hope someone makes a gif of that.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #206
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

They have to promote this one like crazy, since a lot of people are still against a reboot this soon. me, I can't wait to see this one.

Share your ps4 videos
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...1#post30079049
Old 05-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #207
Smegger56
The Smegginator

This film is SOOOO like twilight :-p

Old 05-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #208
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegger56 View Post
This film is SOOOO like twilight :-p
i know right, duuude whats with the whole spiderman being all sparkly during the day light thing, ppft i knew webb wasnt the right person for this job

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 05-09-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #209
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

The worst thing is when Team spidey and team Lizard clash and then Gwen doesn't know anymore if she loves Peter or if she prefers the doc.

Share your ps4 videos
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...1#post30079049
Old 05-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #210
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
In all interviews he says he's very excited but he's probably pissed that he couldn't do Peter as good as Andrew. I'm not an actor, but I'm a song writer and I know how frustrating it is if I have tried one thing, and I hear that someone has figured out a simular thing, but better
Tobey didn't write the script or direct the movie. So by your example, Tobey is the writer. Your complaint would be that you hear a singer butchering your written words.

If you want to talk about his dedication and commitment to the role, go watch the SM1 audition footage. He also got extremely hurt during filming on SM2 because he wanted to do the stunts. Tobey was vet committed to the role. He was an ok SM to me at the end of the day. I'll see if Andrew can top that. At this point I will say, I wish Raimi had Andrew 10 years ago. He looks the part of a more boisterous Peter were Tobey was the more reserved Peter.

We won't talk about SM3...

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #211
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
That pretty much confirms only a trilogy then.
A 4th film could happen or only 2 films could happen....you never know.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #212
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Tobey didn't write the script or direct the movie. So by your example, Tobey is the writer. Your complaint would be that you hear a singer butchering your written words.

If you want to talk about his dedication and commitment to the role, go watch the SM1 audition footage. He also got extremely hurt during filming on SM2 because he wanted to do the stunts. Tobey was vet committed to the role. He was an ok SM to me at the end of the day. I'll see if Andrew can top that. At this point I will say, I wish Raimi had Andrew 10 years ago. He looks the part of a more boisterous Peter were Tobey was the more reserved Peter.

We won't talk about SM3...
I agree with you. That article is right is the sense the Tobey is definately an actor's actor, he did the best he could with what he was given. The problem was what he was given...the way Peter Parker was written...well just ok. It wasn't the same witty Parker/Spider-Man from the comics, that many of us grew to love but a different variation, if Tobey was given better material to chew on and directed better then he would have done a much better job.

People need to stop butchering Tobey's performance, because yes while Andrew's will undoubtedly be better, Tobey was and is for many people their Spider-Man. ten years ago he didnt as much butchering as he does now I bet. Tobey was that generations Spider-Man, Andrew is this one.

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #213
AbsractPo3tic
Marky McFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettess View Post
I agree with you. That article is right is the sense the Tobey is definately an actor's actor, he did the best he could with what he was given. The problem was what he was given...the way Peter Parker was written...well just ok. It wasn't the same witty Parker/Spider-Man from the comics, that many of us grew to love but a different variation, if Tobey was given better material to chew on and directed better then he would have done a much better job.

People need to stop butchering Tobey's performance, because yes while Andrew's will undoubtedly be better, Tobey was and is for many people their Spider-Man. ten years ago he didnt as much butchering as he does now I bet. Tobey was that generations Spider-Man, Andrew is this one.
You're right. He and Sam had their interpretation of the character, Marc and Andrew have theirs and the next director/actor duo will have theirs. It'll be extremely similar to the different ways actors approached James Bond

Old 05-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #214
jacobed
Banned User

I like that they're doing a 4 minute preview. Reminds me of the 10 minute preview back in the day that Batman Begins did. Gotta show the public that this movie is completely different from the other ones like Batman needed to do.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #215
Spider-Man Luvr28
Amazing.

I just hate that they're doing the 4 minute preview with AGT. Otherwise, I can't waaiiiit.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #216
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Knight191 View Post
TV-Spot #1!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Great idea showing the footage during "America's Got Talent". A lot of people of various demographics watch that show, so it's going to get a ton of publicity.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 05-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #217
Spider-Man Luvr28
Amazing.

Just saw the TV spot again before Access Hollywood started just now.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #218
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Just watched the TV Spot, looks awesome!! also did anyone notice the bit just before he webs the cops with his head down, he looks like he's running towards a cop with a gun....I wonder what he's doing?

I hope someone will record and upload it, as I don't think us who live in the UK can watch it? plus the small fact we dont have that show over here

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #219
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

I like the bit where he jumps like a spider.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #220
AbsractPo3tic
Marky McFly

Quote:
Just watched the TV Spot, looks awesome!! also did anyone notice the bit just before he webs the cops with his head down, he looks like he's running towards a cop with a gun....I wonder what he's doing?

I hope someone will record and upload it, as I don't think us who live in the UK can watch it? plus the small fact we dont have that show over here
I believe that's him breaking the gun and just proceeding to make his next move

Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #221
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsractPo3tic View Post
I believe that's him breaking the gun and just proceeding to make his next move
Awesome, yes?

Old 05-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #222
Mary Jane Watson
Side-Kick

The TV spot video looks awesome! I am OFFICIALLY hyping for this!

A movie stands on its own. The "changes" aren't important - the quality of the film is.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #223
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
I like the bit where he jumps like a spider.
My favorite part, too. It's such a Spider-Man pose.

5-.-2-.-14

Old 05-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #224
Spideyisthelaw9
Side-Kick

Quote:

First of all I have to say that I completely agree with you.
Secondly, I think people are very annoying sometimes. I mean, Spider-Man 1 and 2 are very good movies, probably the best ones based on a Marvel character, but now we hear people say that "Raimi is not a good director", "Tobey Maguire was not a good Spider-Man", but, be honest, which one of us Spidey fans didn't love the Raimi trilogy? I loved it, and I'm sure I'll love this reboot. I can't understand why people say that the Raimi trilogy was s*** and they think TASM will be better: they haven't seen the movie. I just say that the trailers and the photos that have been leaked so far are very good, but I have to wait until I see the movie. It's not a 5 star out of 5, yet.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #225
Troy_Parker
Banned User

So we all know that "This city needs you, protect them." are Cap Stacy's dying words, right?

Closed Thread