The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Celebrities

Old 05-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
Zanham
Banned User

Default Michelle Pfeiffer'

Moved to post this somewhere due to an article on yahoo this morning.

Why isn't she more praised!?! Oh yeah, probably because she hasn't done anything sleazy and does not ever come across as skanky or whorish.

Last edited by Zanham; 05-09-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Zanham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Default Re: Michelle Pfeiffer'

Amen! She is probably one of the best female actresses that never get her due praise. She's one of the first actors to ever move me to tears.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

I guess I'll answer this one...

I disagree, Michelle is incredibly praised among her peers in the film industry. She's a three time Oscar nominee, been in her fair share of critical/commercial hits... and is always noted for her beauty and grace. In fact many up and coming young female stars have been citing her as their influence.

However... if by ''praise'' you mean, ''Why isn't she as big/famous/successful as she once was?'', then there are a couple of home truths to face...

1.) Her age - She just turned 54. No, she doesn't look it but she always get that ''Fabulous in her 50's'' tag. Studios just aren't willing to offer her substantial roles now. Unless your Meryl Streep, age is a stigma in Hollywood than some of the best actors just can't get over.

2.) Her 4 year hiatus - Sadly, that cost her career some steam. 4 years is an eternity in Hollywood and it meant she lost her bankable/box office edge that she once had.

3.) Career choices - While I appauld her for doing what she wants... some of her career decisions have been uninspiring and even if they seemed good on paper, they didn't quite turn out that way. Look at her movies since her return.

- I Could Never Be Your Woman 2007 (Direct to DVD)
- Hairspray 2007 (Big success for her with alot of notice... but she was part of an ensemble)
-Stardust 2007 (Arguably the best thing in the movie, but it struggled to prove popular critically or commercially. A cult hit for her at best)

- Personal Effects 2009 (Another Direct to DVD. Enough said)
- Cheri 2009 (The hoped for Oscar glory movie... released in June to bad reviews and a nonexsistent box office)

-New Year's Eve 2011 (A smart commercial move, and she got good notices but nothing to shout about.)

Dark Shadows and People Like Us don't seem like they are going to kick her up a few notches despite the attention she is getting from Dark Shadows.

She was ''praised'' throughout all those movies... It just that her personal life as a wife/mother took importance for her in the last 10 years and as a result, her career is not what it was 10 years ago.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Last edited by Pfeiffer-Pfan; 05-09-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Pfeiffer-Pfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:39 AM   #4
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

She still looks good for her age, one of the few blondes that has aged gracefully without resorting to plastic surgery.

Self-contained stories part of a larger story is where its at. Not this writing for the trade nonsense. If you're going to write for the trade, don't release it in individual issues. Just release the trade.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
KenK
Side-Kick

Still has one of the sexiest voices I've ever heard on a white woman!!!

KenK is offline   Reply With Quote