The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 05-10-2012, 01:38 AM   #76
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

I find it kind of amusing to this day that they had both tried out for the role of "Thor". Who knows, if Liam had gotten it, maybe it would have been Chris that we'd seen in E2.lol

I wonder if Chris ever managed to take the hammer from the set of TA back with him like he had said that he had promised his brother he would.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:49 AM   #77
Avenger
Earth's Mightiest Fanboy

Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOZlovesBOOZ View Post
Oh rly, da** he looks just like chris. I didn't even know he had a brother that acted too, nice. I was just assuming it was chris since i saw hemsworth.

Edit- what other movies has liam been in?
The only other ones I know he's been in are some Miley Cyrus movie and, most recently, The Hunger Games.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #78
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I find it kind of amusing to this day that they had both tried out for the role of "Thor". Who knows, if Liam had gotten it, maybe it would have been Chris that we'd seen in E2.lol

I wonder if Chris ever managed to take the hammer from the set of TA back with him like he had said that he had promised his brother he would.lol
I'll try to see if I can find the interview later (it was one of the many I watched on youtube, I think), but I'm pretty sure that he said that he was given the hammer (or at least 'one' of the hammers used during filming) from TA as a gift (possibly because he was vocal about not getting to keep one from Thor *lol*)

Edit - found it (oddly enough it's the video where - after seeing the movie - you realize that Hemsworth totally said EXACTLY what the end-credits scene was - and this is from weeks ago - but it sounds like a joke so who's going to believe him?) He talks about getting the hammer at about the 2:47 mark, he says he was given the original one (so maybe it was the one from Thor and he didn't get one from Avengers?):
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

~Agents of SHIELD

Last edited by Silvermoon; 05-10-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #79
Fifthchild
Side-Kick

Quote:
Do you guys think it was intentional for the film to have not shown Thor being in such peril like most of his teammates were during the final battle?

I mean, you had:

1. Tony nearly getting killed from sending that nuke into space.

2. Steve getting blown out of buildings and getting shot by the Chitari around the ribs.

3. BW was showing obvious fatigue during her final battles with the alien soldiers on the ground.

4. Hawkeye got the wind knocked out of him when he flew right through that window.

5. The Hulk got ambushed with several rays of lasers that were strong enough to subdue him for a while.

Yet, Thor, aside from getting stabbed from Loki, which even with that, didn't seem to really phase him in the long run, didn't really encounter any of these issues. He showed no real signs of fatigue from the final battle, no wounds on his actual body made from the Soldiers either.

From a Wired article I read i got the impression that we were supposed to see that as a kind of "last stand" kind of moment for Thor and Cap and that they were in danger of being overwhelmed/exhausted (obviously more so Cap). If so, it didnt really come across that well, mostly because the Chitauri footsoldiers never seeemed like a particularly massive threat.

Fifthchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #80
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerdude7 View Post
People often confuse immortal with invincible.

Immortal = you live forever, but can be killed.

Invincible = You cannot be killed.

Loki and Thor are both immortal, but not invincible.
Don't know about that. Take the DC character Vandal Savage for example. He's immortal and he can't be killed.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #81
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Thor still hit the ground head first though, there was nothing "controlled" about his landing.
More a controlled landing than if he had still been in the cage, mind. Also lower speed, since he had started to fly. It was a crash landing, rather than a crash, IOW.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #82
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Thor looked pretty exhausted after he flew down from his battle with Loki, he was using the vehicle to help him stand.. at least that's the way it seemed to me. I'll look again closer when I see Avengers again later today.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #83
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
Thor looked pretty exhausted after he flew down from his battle with Loki, he was using the vehicle to help him stand.. at least that's the way it seemed to me. I'll look again closer when I see Avengers again later today.
Loki Just stabbed him

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #84
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
I noticed that too. Maybe as a result of the stab with a knife? His landing seems also to be quite hard and not very elegant.

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #85
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Loki Just stabbed him
I think weapons forged in asgard are as durable as the asgardians

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #86
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
heh Bet it's more a HEMSWORTH fan than Thor fan lol
I hope Hemsworth reminds Marvel Thor is meant to be stunningly hot. Some of their depictions of him are downright gross. Everyone knows my distate for the Coipel flat face. Remember how Stan used to take time to show how Thor was the finest of men in every way. I hear some men moan about how Thor was shirtless and objectified but Stan did the exact same thing with Thor.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:41 PM   #87
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Aren't we all glad we got Hemsworth's rendition instead of this - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843309/

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #88
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Given that Thor seems to be the only one aware that Loki had a obvious benefactor that aided him in his pursuit to conquest Earth and how he knew about the threat of the Chi'tari, is it safe to say that Thor might be the first to encounter
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Thanos
out of the Avengers group?

Old 05-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #89
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Given that Thor seems to be the only one aware that Loki had a obvious benefactor that aided him in his pursuit to conquest Earth and how he knew about the threat of the Chi'tari, is it safe to say that Thor might be the first to encounter
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Thanos
out of the Avengers group?
I hope so. That'd be awesome. It would make more sense than anybody else running into him. I'm reaching for a connection with the other characters, here but Thanos may very well show up in some form in every movie from here on. Teasing his appearance in The Avengers 2.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #90
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage View Post
I hope so. That'd be awesome. It would make more sense than anybody else running into him. I'm reaching for a connection with the other characters, here but Thanos may very well show up in some form in every movie from here on. Teasing his appearance in The Avengers 2.

I think he may be the main villain for the sequel of TA. Imho, if he were going to be used as the main villain for the third film, then I don't think that Marvel would have shown him at the end of the film and only continue to tease him on even past the sequel. Given that he's now on everyone's radar, if they were to still save him for the third film, then the second villain could potentially feel the backlash of that since there's a chance that a lot of people would just be in the "okay, let's get this part out of the way so that we can see the next phase with Thanos".

Old 05-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #91
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I was think maybe Thanos might play a part in "Thor 2" .

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #92
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
I was think maybe Thanos might play a part in "Thor 2" .
Curious about that as well since the Infinity Gauntlet sits in Odin's Vault ...... you know darn well that will be the next macguffin in the MCU.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #93
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Curious about that as well since the Infinity Gauntlet sits in Odin's Vault ...... you know darn well that will be the next macguffin in the MCU.
Curious; which item is supposed to hold more value in terms of delivering him more power: Cosmic cube or the Gauntlet?

Old 05-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #94
Savage
Earth Rocker

Quote:
I think he may be the main villain for the sequel of TA. Imho, if he were going to be used as the main villain for the third film, then I don't think that Marvel would have shown him at the end of the film and only continue to tease him on even past the sequel. Given that he's now on everyone's radar, if they were to still save him for the third film, then the second villain could potentially feel the backlash of that since there's a chance that a lot of people would just be in the "okay, let's get this part out of the way so that we can see the next phase with Thanos".
Well, yeah, I think it's kind of obvious that Thanos is the villain of the next Avengers movie. I just think that he'll be popping up in the end credits of the next batch of flicks. Before the build up was about getting The Avengers together in the first place. Now the buildup will be about whatever Thanos is plotting. I have a feeling he's going to have a hand in all of the master plots from here until The Avengers 2.

What if the gems for the Infinity Gauntlet has to be collected through each movie? That'd be pretty awesome, I think.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow
Old 05-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #95
Savage
Earth Rocker

In fact, looking at the list of gems, this could work. Time Gem, Space Gem, Soul Gem, Reality Gem, Power Gem, Mind Gem. 6 seems right for a lead-up with the last one maybe being found in The Avengers 2.

The Time Gem alone works for Captain America already. Could lead to getting Dugan in the modern world or The Red Skull or even screwing with time enough for Bucky to survive, unbeknownst to Cap.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #96
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
More a controlled landing than if he had still been in the cage, mind. Also lower speed, since he had started to fly. It was a crash landing, rather than a crash, IOW.
disagree. He exited the cage. He was going faster than the cage was since he escaped the bottom of it. Thus landing atleast as hard he would have, have he stayed in the cage.

Thor's durability in the MCU is absolutely ridiculous. weve yet to see him show any real signs of pain

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #97
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

disagree. I still think he will be the third.

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #98
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

You people are so Petty!..and tiny

Just had to throw that out there since it's fresh in my mind after seeing TA again.

He does have a ridiculous amount of durability. Though, it was nice to see the nose 'start' to bleed before he immediately wipes it after getting punched in the face by Hulk.

Also, I was trying to think, what exactly is Loki trying to do, stabbing him with that little finger knife lol, if you're going to use that, go for the neck or something, not just the side, all that got Loki in the end was an Ultimate Warrior slam haha.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #99
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

I wonder how heavy the hammer really is. Im sure there are several different version, depending on the scene. But I wonder how much heft they gave to his "walking around" hammer, yknow so it looks like it has mass. I say 15 lbs.

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:21 AM   #100
Mr. Immortal
Homo s. supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
I wonder how heavy the hammer really is. Im sure there are several different version, depending on the scene. But I wonder how much heft they gave to his "walking around" hammer, yknow so it looks like it has mass. I say 15 lbs.
That's a pretty good guess, I'd bet it's around there as well.