NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Default Re: Create-A-Hero RPG Season IV OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstoppable View Post
Create a Hero RPG SEASON IV Application

Character you have created: David Gregory Mullins

Alias:The Negotiator

Speech Color (Actually say what you're using, don't go "Like this", or what not):System italicized when thinking.

Character Alignment: Hero

Identity: Secret

Character Personality (Give information on how your character acts, what he/she believes in, how they handle situations):To those who know him David is nothing short of a warmhearted and care-free individual with an unusually large appetite for knowledge. Once they scratch the surface however,it becomes apparent that David is a man adamant in his beliefs of good over evil with the strength of mind to see through whatever obstacle comes his way. Though quite the calculating person,David has a tendency to over think things,this coupled with his innate fears of his ever growing mental powers has made him quite paranoid in his day-to-day life. He is 6'1 Caucasian with an athletic build, short black hair, sporting a scar across his cheek from his first days as a hero.

Uniform/costume: Briefly describe or post a picture of what your character's costume looks like: A black trenchcoat with "N" stitched over the right breast,steel-toed boots,sunglasses. He often wears a vest coated in a home brewed chemical which makes it highly resistant to small arms fire.

Origin Info/Details:Born and raised in a Virginian suburb, David's easy going personality earned him passage in most social groups of his youth. Even in his youth David had an insatiable thirst for knowledge unheard of among his peers.When most children would be seen hanging out with friends or playing outside, David spent most of his times in the local library trying to quench his thirst for knowledge.Simply put school came exceptionally easy for David, graduatiing from High school at the age of 14.It wasn't until 2 years later,after getting a Compuer Science scholarship at Lost Haven University, that his life changed forever.One day, while studying for multiple exams,David to began hearing voices.At first he thought he was just tired,having spent most nights in either the University's library or trying to find new problems for his brain to solve, but it much more complex than that. When attempting to solve the problem David discovered that he wasn't going crazy, in fact quite the opposite, he realized that he could read people's minds.Being a man who could not stop at just scratching the surface of what could be a very interesting skill, he dove deeper into his overgrowing psionic capabilities. Upon further experimentation with his fellow students he learned that he could not only read a person's mind, but alter it in a variety of ways even making one overconfident jock to cluck like a chicken much to the bemusement of the rest of the LHU football team. Life came pretty easy to David for the most part, he acquired quite a few friends with his engaging personality and even starting dating a medicine major named Katherine,after over a year of dating he even managed to tell Katherine about his remarkable mental abilities. David soon learned all the University had to offer him, managing to receive various degrees in computer science as well as criminal science, as well as a professor- level of understanding in various others in little under 5 years. After graduating at the top of his class, he started his own business as the owner and operator of a PC repair store in Lost Haven, which became quite successful given the owner's knack for technology.As time went on David became quite bored with his life as just another guy working a regular job in a not so regular city He was always fascinated with the growing number of meta humans popping up around the world and never missed and opportunity to watch the news or roam the internet for information on these would be "superheroes". After months of contemplation he decided that maybe his great mind was meant for more than just fixing broken computers.

Hero Type:Psychic/Grey Matter

Power Level:City Level/World Level

NOTE: Having only one or two powers does not automatically make a character a level 2. The levels reflect how powerful the powers themselves are, not only the variety. A level 3 may be more powerful then a level 4. These levels serve to show where your powerful hero operates, as heroes this powerful may be cosmic wonderers or Earth-bound. Also, Game Masters will be wary of approving level 3 or 4 characters. An extremely well-thought out and great sample post will be needed to be approved for a high level character. Your post should be as powerful as your character.

Powers (Be Specific): David possesses a very powerful mind making him very intelligent, his brain also processes information at exceptionally high speeds allowing him to solve complex equations and a matter of seconds or read multiple books as quickly as he can turn the pages. His intelligence also gives him a photographic memory. He is also a telepath of moderate power allowing him to read minds and even alter the minds of others.

Attributes (Select one at each category):

Strength Level: Normal Human

Speed/Reaction Timing Level: Normal Human Speed, Reaction time significanly higher than average do to mental quickness.

Agility: Normal Human

Intelligence: Super-Genius

Fighting Skill: Trained. Mostly Self-taught after reading countless self-defense manuals combined with his Intelligence makes him a serious threat to most non-powered individuals

Resources: Large, he does own a store

Equipment: The aforementioned costume as well as state of laptop/camera phone and all that one would find in a computer shop. 2012 subaru outback

NOTE: Even if all attributes chosen are Normal human when Super-Genius, Mastered, and Extreme are chosen for the final three attributes, this player is a level 3 or 4 character, such as Batman.

Weaknesses (If your stats chosen are deemed powerful enough by a Game Master with no weakness, the character will fall under rules of Level 3 and 4 characters. Even with a weakness, a Game Master may rule it as a Level 3 or 4 character):All the vulnerabilities of being human, he also has a knack for over thinking things.It should be noted that although he has super human reaction time that doesn't mean his body can adjust to the information as fast as his brain can(He can watch a bullet fire from a gun but may have trouble dodging it with his human body)

Supporting Characters:
Katherine Bates: Along time college sweetheart and girlfriend. She very worried about the danger David puts himself through and often functions as his voice of reason.

Travis South: A local boy David hired to work at his store, has no idea that David is a super hero.

List a few reasons why you've created that character: I've always been fascinated with Superhero RPG's and the idea of playing a super genius really appeals to me. I'm hoping to create an interesting story with my fellow RPers

What can you bring to the RPG?: The wonders of the human brain.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards?: Yeah

Sample Post (Minimum Four paragraphs containing dialogue):

"Like a glove"

David stood there in his bedroom, admiring how well his costume looked in the mirror.He's spent days awaiting this very moment, and now he finds himself looking in the mirror while Katherine sits on the bed with a large grin on her face.Most of the equipment, the pants, boots,etc, was easy to get ahold of;because when you live in a city where people walk about shooting death beams and throwing cars at each other, there's a high demand for survival gear.The vest was a different story entirely,getting the chemicals to form a protective layer over the vest was the easy part, having to explain to his girlfriend why their kitchen table was dissolved in chemicals was another thing entirely.

"And you tell me I spend to much time in front of the mirror."

"You still do, but that doesn't mean I don't look good in this"

He does a few more poses in the mirror before turning around to face her.

"How do I look?"

She walks over and wraps her arms around him.

"You look like the hero that Gotham deserves."

They share a laugh and a quick kiss.

"Are you sure you're ok with me doing this?"

"Eh, as long as it gets you outta the house and away from my non-melted furniture "

She gives him a halfhearted smile and embraces him.

"I don't have to read your mind to tell that you're worried"

They remained there for a moment, locked in a tender moment. It wasn't along until he could hear the muffled sobs from his shoulder. He could not bear that sound so he led with mind into his beloved's.

Please don't cry babe

He pulls her away and looks her straight in the eyes, pointing at his temple.

"You'll be in here the entire time ok?"

She wipes the tears from her eyes and smiles,this time it's genuine.

"Just be careful alright? "

"I'm always careful babe"

"And try not to ruin that coat of yours it took me 3 hours so sew that."

She traces the outline of the freshly sewn "N" on the trenchcoat.

"You still haven't told me what that stands for."

In due time love, in due time"

"I love you"

"Love you too"

He departs from his department via the stairs and ventures to his vehicle.Upon entering he immediately flips a switch on an old police scanner in the passenger seat, and drove off.Wondering where to start off David decides to venture downtown.

After three hours it became apparent that it was gonna be a long night. All that was on the scanner was petty crimes that were already being dealt with by either the police or the various metahumans in the area.David realized that scanner was useless now and turned it off. Instead letting his mind scan his surroundings for strong negative emotions. Not even twenty minutes passed when it hit him. Greed. Greed and Desperation flooded his mind. It made his stomach churn but he knew that was his target,he narrowed his mind and focused on those emotions.There was something very wrong here, and even though he thought it was corny....There was evil afoot.
Approved

NiteMare Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #52
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Kathy Bates is his girlfriend - now I'm going to think of the actress in Misery every time I those posts :P
Better than a certain spa scene I have burnt into my memory...

It's going to take a team of shrinks to get it out of there...

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:17 PM   #53
Erin
Enters with conviction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
Better than a certain spa scene I have burnt into my memory...

It's going to take a team of shrinks to get it out of there...
Shall I remind you of the crippling scene with the sledge hammer and the wood block? I get nightmares just thinking about it!

So... I guess this means I am in for a lot of nightmares this season.

Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #54
Hound55

Spa scene in About Schmidt is still more terrifying...

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."

Last edited by Hound55; 04-30-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:17 AM   #55
unstoppable
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Kathy Bates is his girlfriend - now I'm going to think of the actress in Misery every time I those posts :P
Ha, I didn't even think about that one.That would be an awful way to end a superhero, ya know, sledgehammer to the shins.

Member of the Panettiere Patrol
First Lieutenant of the NHO Resistance
<PM me for info>

"As long as you care you can't acheive greatness"
"You don't even know the nothing you can't do"
8-26-07
unstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #56
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Quote:
Spa scene in About Schmidt is still more terrifying...
I'm with Hound on this one...

Old 05-01-2012, 02:17 PM   #57
Erin
Enters with conviction.

A little Pygmalion post up. Sorry it's going slow for me, but I want to make her origin arc appropriately interesting.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #58
Erin
Enters with conviction.

Hey Gang,

So after a long time with not having a computer, I am back, only to find out that I have been locked out of my email accounts (mostly for inactivity). Aaaaanyway, it means that I've once again set up a new account and gotten a new Windows Live ID.

So if you want to chat, PM me with your ID and I'll add you.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #59
sabetoonth
Who?

I have my app written up, but my ability to write prose has hit a wall, (we are writing prose here right?)

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #60
Hound55

Vigilante enters, stage right.

Vigilante: Nope. Plays.

Vigilante walks up and kicks Sabetoonth in the crotch and exits stage right.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #61
Hound55

Only about half a post there, but I should probably have found a break mid-briefing anyway due to the length it will likely be...

There's as good as any I suppose.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #62
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Posts coming soon. I'm in a better situation right now and have easier access to the internet. Thanks for bearing with me while I've been going through this mess.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:19 AM   #63
Erin
Enters with conviction.

Just dropping by to announce that SCIENCE IS REAL, AND THE FUTURE IS NOW!

This is completely unrelated to anything other than my good mood and the neat tricks my new laptop can do.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #64
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Quick post up, sorry it isn't more but I had to kind of rush it. I'll have more up soon. Hopefully tonight, but probably over the next day or so.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #65
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

I might try to get a post up tonight. I've actually been on the verge of dropping out of the games, at least for a while, because of lack of time and any desire to post at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #66
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
I might try to get a post up tonight. I've actually been on the verge of dropping out of the games, at least for a while, because of lack of time and any desire to post at all.
grrr....don't be a douche....

Old 05-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #67
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

And a quick announcement.

With her return to the game, Erin will be resuming her role as AGM.

Anyone who was around last season is well aware of what she brings to the game, and I'm thrilled that she was interested into stepping back into her old role.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #68
Hound55

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteMare Shape View Post
And a quick announcement.

With her return to the game, Erin will be resuming her role as AGM.

Anyone who was around last season is well aware of what she brings to the game, and I'm thrilled that she was interested into stepping back into her old role.
...Brrrrreasts..?

Old 05-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #69
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

Quote:
...Brrrrreasts..?

...maybe I will stay in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:54 AM   #70
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Zombies?! Now my life is complete...

Old 05-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #71
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Quick post is up, nothing special but I lost the post I was doing when my computer unexpectedly shut down on me....

More to come later.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #72
NiteMare Shape
Livin' like a Sheen

Quick post up, basically bringing Lyger up to speed.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #73
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel

Sorry didn't get another post up yet. Going through some stuff right now and just not feeling...anything at the moment.

trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:53 PM   #74
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Okay life for Eve has just changed and not in a good way. Revenge thy name is Adam Phoenix.

John 3:16
MST3K 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:11 AM   #75
Erin
Enters with conviction.

Quote:
...Brrrrreasts..?

Yes.

Fantastic ones.

I'll get a post up soon.