The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Smallville

Old 05-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #26
Binker
Side-Kick

Default Re: Re-watching Smallville Thread!

Maybe this belongs here: has anyone ever noticed that Clark's jacket in Season 10 is the exact same jacket Ollie wore in Season 8? It has the patterns on the arms, but in the raw version of the images, I could swear that there is an outline on the chest area in the shape of the "S" symbol.

And...why didn't he wear this in Season 10?

Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #27
Johnny
Banned User

I don't recall that. Pic?

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #28
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Ya for me when show started I was in tenth grade, so I grew along with the show. Which was a good thing.

Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #29
Binker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I don't recall that. Pic?

Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #30
Johnny
Banned User

Yeah, it does look similar. Well maybe some of Clark's red jackets in the first 8 seasons were used by other characters as well but in a different color lol.

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:29 AM   #31
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Ya they probably made a couple different jackets for that fake blur outfit, and then since it was probably in storage they reuse/modified it for the blur 2 suit.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #32
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

Can't believe it's going to be a year this Sunday since the series finale.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #33
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

I know, and to celebrate I just read the first issue of the comic. Woot for sv still around in some form.

Old 05-21-2015, 05:44 PM   #34
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Started watching the series again tonight, now the Flash and Arrow have finished I need something to watch regularly so started from the Pilot and am going to go through from the first episode to the last again.

Side note, last time I did this I only made it to about Season Three so this time I need to stick to it.

#TEAM SNYDER
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:30 AM   #35
ZIPBAGS
Side-Kick

So my son and I have been watching "Arrow" & "The Flash". His favorite is the Flash. So I told him that "Smallville" also had a version of the Flash. So we watched it. One thing I remembered is how bad a liar Clark was to Lex. So many easy excuses to use when confronted by things. Was never sure if it was intentional by the writers to show how much of a boy scout Clark is.

ZIPBAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 05:57 PM   #36
Jordacar
The Endless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPBAGS View Post
So my son and I have been watching "Arrow" & "The Flash". His favorite is the Flash. So I told him that "Smallville" also had a version of the Flash. So we watched it. One thing I remembered is how bad a liar Clark was to Lex. So many easy excuses to use when confronted by things. Was never sure if it was intentional by the writers to show how much of a boy scout Clark is.
I want to see a version of Superman where Clark is a master bulls*** artist. It would be a fun dichotomy that the ultimate super-powered boy scout is also a master of misdirection.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:33 AM   #37
Batsfan1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Started watching the series again tonight, now the Flash and Arrow have finished I need something to watch regularly so started from the Pilot and am going to go through from the first episode to the last again.

Side note, last time I did this I only made it to about Season Three so this time I need to stick to it.
I don't blame you personally. The seasons after that don't really work as well writing wise.

Batsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:56 AM   #38
Rorschach2012
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Tom Welling might be better than Henry Cavill..

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:06 PM   #39
BH/HHH
You Are My World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batsfan1 View Post
I don't blame you personally. The seasons after that don't really work as well writing wise.
It wasn't because I got bored or anything, I just got busy

#TEAM SNYDER
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 11:38 AM   #40
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Welling was likable the first two seasons. But then his Clark lost his charm and so did the show. IMO.

STARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 08:48 PM   #41
Karelia
Best In The World

Rewatching the show right now. I only have Season 1 on DVD, but I went ahead and ordered season 2 pretty cheap.

I grew up with this show, been kinda missing it. Rosenbaum's Lex is still amazing. Personally my favorite. Really love how they handled the Clark/Lex relationship in this show. I want to say Season 5 was my favorite, but it's been so long since I've seen the show.

Barry Allen is so fast he ran himself back into the friendzone.

We Are Groot
Karelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:19 AM   #42
Bruce_Begins
On a Break.

Usually, when someone asks my advice about Smallville, I tell them to watch first three seasons and the last (tenth) season.

Last season just for a sense of closure. I can't get myself interested in watching seasons 4 to 9.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:19 PM   #43
Slick
Excited

So I'm going to give in and buy the complete series set on dvd. I was watching clips from the series on YouTube and..... man I really miss this show lol. I gave ten years of my life to this show and watching those clips brought back so much memories. People can say what they want about the show good or bad but I enjoyed SV from beginning to end. Yes even the sucky seasons. But even those have good moments threw out. That's all I wanted to say lol rant over.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:06 AM   #44
punishermax
Side-Kick

I started watching from Season 6 on as I didn't watch it regularly when it first aired.

Hated season 6, 7 was ok, 8 was meh, 9 was fun and 10 is awesome.

As I started watching again all those old feeling of completely loathing the Clark/Lana relationship came flooding back. That was a story that was played out way too long.

But Season 9 & 10 were extremely strong, and I loved every bit. I would recommend the Smallville comics that DC ran with for a few years after the finale as they expand a bit more on the development of Clark to Superman.

Old 06-12-2016, 03:34 AM   #45
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by punishermax View Post
I started watching from Season 6 on as I didn't watch it regularly when it first aired.

Hated season 6, 7 was ok, 8 was meh, 9 was fun and 10 is awesome.

As I started watching again all those old feeling of completely loathing the Clark/Lana relationship came flooding back. That was a story that was played out way too long.

But Season 9 & 10 were extremely strong, and I loved every bit. I would recommend the Smallville comics that DC ran with for a few years after the finale as they expand a bit more on the development of Clark to Superman.
I have all 10 season and I have watched each episode like 3 or 4 times and went though all 10 season like 2 times and I just started going though the show again after I hadn't watched it at all in like 2 years maybe 3. I am only on like season 1 episode 7 so far. That is interesting because I fell a lot different about season 6-10 then you do. Season 6 was when the show started getting worse. Season 7 was even worse and to much like a soap. Season 8 was a big improvement from season 6 and 7. Season 9 was really good like better then season 4-8. Season 10 maybe the worse season the show had. Felt like season 10 was just nothing but fillt episode and like they just had no idea's left.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:27 PM   #46
Chesterfield
Side-Kick

I'm rewatching this show for the first time and as much as I enjoy it, the writing isn't that great and Clark is for all intents and purposes a moron. I'm half way through season 2 and the love triangle between chloe, Clark and lana is terrible. The way Clark's been written is a mess. He comes off as fundimentally hypocritical, he creates suspicion unecessarily and does an overwhelming incompetent job at trying to make his life easier. The one good thing about this show so far, are the Luthor. Excellently written and in Lex' case, you can't even blame him for his investigation into Clark.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:24 PM   #47
WeatherWizard99
Side-Kick

I need some help here ...

when lex is using the orb in "quest" he places a pentagon "card" in it (with the same symbol as the one that has on his fireplace);

can anyone please remind me where he got that "card" !? I cant remember ...

WeatherWizard99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:57 AM   #48
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherWizard99 View Post
I need some help here ...

when lex is using the orb in "quest" he places a pentagon "card" in it (with the same symbol as the one that has on his fireplace);

can anyone please remind me where he got that "card" !? I cant remember ...
Copying from the Smallville wiki: "A small piece of the Orb, which was needed to activate it, was separated from the Orb and hidden inside a clock in St. Christopher's Cathedral in Montreal, Canada."

It doesn't say in which episode he finds it though, and I don't remember it either.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 11:22 PM   #49
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
I'm rewatching this show for the first time and as much as I enjoy it, the writing isn't that great and Clark is for all intents and purposes a moron. I'm half way through season 2 and the love triangle between chloe, Clark and lana is terrible. The way Clark's been written is a mess. He comes off as fundimentally hypocritical, he creates suspicion unecessarily and does an overwhelming incompetent job at trying to make his life easier. The one good thing about this show so far, are the Luthor. Excellently written and in Lex' case, you can't even blame him for his investigation into Clark.
I do think the way lex was written was like the best part but I don't think Clark was terable though. He did do some stupid stuff but there was also some times where the other characters where overly arsh towards him and the way johnny kent treated Lex was a lot worse then the way Clark treated him and there where some times where Lex did some things that I don't blame Clark for questioning lex about.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:32 PM   #50
Chesterfield
Side-Kick

Pa Kent was quite unfair towards Lex and could have been more gentlemanly towards him. However, sure, Lex was a dick but most of the things he did was in response to the obvious lies and deception that were thrown at him. Lex wasn't stupid and for the most part the things he saw and experienced were dismissed in a half assed way or suspiciously avoided which just didn't make sense to any rational human being. Furthermore, Clark continuously and in a rather careless and irresponsible manner put himself under the microscope. It alsi8pissed me off how Clark would also just barge into Lex' mansion demanding answers when he himself does a crappy job at deflecting the fact he has his own secrets.

Sure, Clark had some great moments but most of the time, at least through season 1 to 6, the guy was really hard to tolerate. That whole secret reveal where Lana dies and then Clark gets Jorel to reverse things was one of the dumbest things on the show.

When this show was in syndication during its original run I knew the writing was hokey but rewatching makes me realise how spectacularly flawed this show was. Again, the best written characters so far as it's fresh in my memory as I'm now finishing up season 6 are, the 3 Ls; Lex, Lionel and Lois, although some of the stuff they did with Lex is just beyond dumb.