The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 05-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 05-10-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Loyal guy.....

Old 05-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
kit1982
Side-Kick

Hunter - The way I try and work out goal of the season is could I do it? For instance I might be able to flukily smash a Yeboah like volley in, but I could never do what Di Canio (I've tried many a time!) or Bergkamp did. I've sliced in a Cisse like effort before (albeit the keeper was a foot smaller and less talented than Petr Cech) but never in a million years could I do a Crouch!

Last edited by kit1982; 05-10-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

I do the same and that's why I've never awarded a goal of the season yet.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Sad to see Pate Rice go. Steve Bould I'm sure will do a good job but I would of liked to see Tony Adams get the number 2 job.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #7
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Interesting trivia: Tony Adam's local boozer is (was?) same as mine!

Old 05-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #8
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

It doesn't fill me with confidence that the defence of our U-18's team which Bould coaches is significantly worse than our first team is.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #9
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

our new kit looks boss

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 05-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #10
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Looks good. Simple, elegant and class.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 05-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Who's the kit supplier, spidey?

Btw, is there a particular reason for the change to a more 'retro' looking emblem for next season?

The new kit looks really nice, far better than our ugly looking kit for next season.

Last edited by Van Petrol; 05-10-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #12
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

looks boring.....

Old 05-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #13
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Liverpool kit looks swank! Is it as dark a red as the pics make it seem? Shame the old Carlsberg squiggly writing wasn't on it, that Standard Chartered writing is a bit clumsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
Hunter - The way I try and work out goal of the season is could I do it? For instance I might be able to flukily smash a Yeboah like volley in, but I could never do what Di Canio (I've tried many a time!) or Bergkamp did. I've sliced in a Cisse like effort before (albeit the keeper was a foot smaller and less talented than Petr Cech) but never in a million years could I do a Crouch!
It's funny you should mention that as I scored one like Crouchies as a young lad, only on the drop without the first touch, ahhh those were the days!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-11-2012, 02:21 AM   #14
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Who's the kit supplier, spidey?

Btw, is there a particular reason for the change to a more 'retro' looking emblem for next season?

The new kit looks really nice, far better than our ugly looking kit for next season.
Warrior - some american company who paid us massive amounts for the privilege

not sure about the badge, but definitely makes the fans happy, probably good market research from them - club crest is still the same

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 05-11-2012, 02:54 AM   #15
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Would love to know what the Spurs chefs have planned for lunch on Sunday.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:20 AM   #16
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
our new kit looks boss

Probably the best looking Liverpool strip in I'm sure at least 10 years. The Adidas kits were always far too busy for my liking with all the strips & material designs.. mainly only a problem with Liverpool strips as the Real Madrid ones always seemed to be be fairly plain in comparison. The last decent looking one I can remember would have been one of the Reebok ones.. and I'm sure it's at least 10 years since they were the clubs kit manufacturer.

Would have looked better if it was just the Warrior logo or else the Warrior name as opposed to both.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:19 AM   #17
kit1982
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
It's funny you should mention that as I scored one like Crouchies as a young lad, only on the drop without the first touch, ahhh those were the days!

A Coruchy? Ooh I doth my cap sir! I would say the touch and the fact the ball doesn't hit the ground makes it a better goal than Cisse's but obviously we need to rename the Crouchy the Hunter.
Ah to be a young scamp again, here's an interesting question, which player were you on the playground? When in goal I was Nigel Martyn, but out pitch I was rather randomly Rob Lee.... ah even as a child I aimed high!

That Liverpool shirt is boss compare it to this cheap lump of ****e

Last edited by kit1982; 05-11-2012 at 04:28 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #18
The Englishman
Marching On Together

Nothing wrong with that kit above, in fact I think I might go down to Elland Road and buy the shirt tomorrow....

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
Old 05-11-2012, 01:02 PM   #19
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Wait was Pat Rice sacked or did he leave of his own accord?

Old 05-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #20
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
Warrior - some american company who paid us massive amounts for the privilege

not sure about the badge, but definitely makes the fans happy, probably good market research from them - club crest is still the same
Ah, yeah. I vaguely remember them being mentioned by you a while back.

Yeah, it looks nice. I was just wondering if there was some meaning behind it (i.e. an anniversary or something).

Old 05-11-2012, 05:24 PM   #21
kit1982
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Englishman View Post
Nothing wrong with that kit above, in fact I think I might go down to Elland Road and buy the shirt tomorrow....
All slagging aside, have you had any problems with the Macron shirts? The new sponsors came off last seasons in the wash for me, I also lose the Macron logo aswell. My old Puma, Asics, Admiral and Nike shirts are still in awesome condition but the new ones don't seem to last 2 minutes. I think I'm going to go for the '75 retro shirt this year.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #22
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Congrats to Pardew on winning the manager of the season reward, well deserved.

Quote:
A Coruchy? Ooh I doth my cap sir! I would say the touch and the fact the ball doesn't hit the ground makes it a better goal than Cisse's but obviously we need to rename the Crouchy the Hunter.
Ah to be a young scamp again, here's an interesting question, which player were you on the playground? When in goal I was Nigel Martyn, but out pitch I was rather randomly Rob Lee.... ah even as a child I aimed high!
Haha! those were days man, I'd pull a muscle if I tried to kick a ball at that angle these days. I always just to play as Bryan Robson, he was my idol as a kid.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-12-2012, 05:06 AM   #23
RKO
QT's Personal Consultant.

Are your bodies ready for Super Saturday?

Someone get this hothead out of here!
Old 05-12-2012, 05:14 AM   #24
The Englishman
Marching On Together

Quote:
All slagging aside, have you had any problems with the Macron shirts? The new sponsors came off last seasons in the wash for me, I also lose the Macron logo aswell. My old Puma, Asics, Admiral and Nike shirts are still in awesome condition but the new ones don't seem to last 2 minutes. I think I'm going to go for the '75 retro shirt this year.
Strangely no I've had no problem with the sponsors logos on the Macron shirts but I've got all my Puma and Nike shirts and the Puma logos all came off except the one on the Sky Blue Lazio shirt. I've got a couple of the retro shirts the '75 and '86 away ones. I think I might get the '96 Tony Yeboa goal of the season shirt.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:15 AM   #25
The Englishman
Marching On Together

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKO View Post
Are your bodies ready for Super Saturday?
No because everyone plays tomorrow

Closed Thread