The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 05-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #326
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Default Re: The Captain America/Chris Evans Thread - Part 2

It's going to be cool to see them tackle that modern celebrity aspect for Cap, considering he's going to be the one main figure other than Tony in the public eye. BW and Hawkeye are covert agents, Banner will be off who knows where, Thor is offworld...so it will be cool for Cap to have his celebrity status back and dealing with that in a different way in modern times...as opposed to being a celebrity/poster boy back in the 40's.

Drummerdude7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:29 AM   #327
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
I dunno about all that.

I liked the backbone Cap displayed in this ..... very worthy of being a "Captain". He was already apprehensive about Stark's persona to begin with so everything Stark was doing was testing his patience. Keep in mind also that Loki's staff had a hand in the heightening of the friction.

The scene between he and Stark where they're in each other's faces is pure gold. Loved every bit of the tension and the "put on the suit". Whedon pushed Cap's character to the edge (personality-wise) instead of playing it straight laced like in CA:TFA ..... Kudos to Joss.
Well said.

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #328
Destructus86
Side-Kick

If we bring modern day Hydra into this...then we NEED to bring Spider-woman into it.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #329
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I’d definitely like to see Steve visiting some of his old places to see on how much it’s change; along with visiting some world war 2 veteran retirement homes and such if they’re able to fit it in the sequel.

It’s still kind of sad to think about at times that next to Banner, Steve has no living relatives around (which was the same case during his own time) and how he has no place to really call home yet either.

I just hope that the MCU doesn’t end up ruining Steve’s character in the long run and that they stick to the premise of his creation; of him being a good person from within. In particular, I’m saying; don’t go “Civil War” route.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #330
marcvader
Lurker #1

Or Ultimates. Shudders at the thought

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #331
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Or Ultimates. Shudders at the thought
Indeed; the only thing from the Ultimates that I've welcomed in the MCU have been Nick Fury and Hawkeye's outfit, other than that..yeah.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #332
captainrogers
Diluted SuperSoldier

I'd welcome some of his brilliantly drawn Hitch fight sequences also.

captainrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:46 PM   #333
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
If we bring modern day Hydra into this...then we NEED to bring Spider-woman into it.
I disagree. HYDRA was originally fought by Captain America and SHIELD, having first appeared in the old Tales of Suspense. In the MCU, HYDRA played a central role in Cap's origin and it should remain primarily his foe. There is no need to insert Spider-Woman or any other superhero into the mix. Captain America's movies should be about him and his life, not about other characters unless they have a role to play in his life.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #334
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

I posted this link in the Loki/Hiddleston thread, but since it has to do with Chris Evans too I figured I'd post it here as well. If you've seen that pic of the boy atop Loki's shoulders, here's the kid's story about how that picture came to be - and how he got to meet Captain America (and his mom) too:

http://www.g33kwatch.com/movies/stor...-the-avengers/

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #335
Avenger
Earth's Mightiest Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
I posted this link in the Loki/Hiddleston thread, but since it has to do with Chris Evans too I figured I'd post it here as well. If you've seen that pic of the boy atop Loki's shoulders, here's the kid's story about how that picture came to be - and how he got to meet Captain America (and his mom) too:

What a great story. It's too bad they didn't get those pictures signed at NYCC, but it's cool that he at least got to meet Hiddleston and Evans on set, and became a bit of an internet celebrity for a time.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #336
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
I think we saw a glimpse of that in the celebration scene after the invasion was stopped. Most people had Cap tatoos/merchandise, with Stark coming second I believe. Hulk was mention like twice, and Thor once. There were also portraits being painted of Cap, and in the interview the girl talks about Captain America.

Also, Cap was the most hands-on when it came to saving civilians as he was the ground fighter, while Thor, Iron Man etc were more focused on the portal or Loki. So that's probably why people remember him the most.
And the funny thing is, life is imitating art. Since The Avengers, I have seen far more Captain America, or his symbolic shield being worn as shirts, baseball caps, on vehicles, and even tattoos.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:53 PM   #337
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
And the funny thing is, life is imitating art. Since The Avengers, I have seen far more Captain America, or his symbolic shield being worn as shirts, baseball caps, on vehicles, and even tattoos.
Like Coulson said, maybe the world does need a little "old fashion", a little bit of Capt. America.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #338
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post

Thanks for sharing that. It's a very nice story to go along with some adorable pictures. Tom and Chris certainly made that young fans dreams come true.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:00 AM   #339
IronGirl299
Don't let it control you

I read that article and I almost cried, LUCKY LITTLE @#$%!!
Kidding. I'm sorry. He's such a sweet little boy.

I am a hopeless Hiddles fangirl!

IronGirl299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:34 AM   #340
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrogers View Post
I'd welcome some of his brilliantly drawn Hitch fight sequences also.
As long as it doesnt take them as long to film it as Hitch took to draw it.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #341
captainrogers
Diluted SuperSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
As long as it doesnt take them as long to film it as Hitch took to draw it.
Ha!
Yeah...two moves that I loved in that book, was the one Cap regularly used when fighting hordes of enemies....usually a front or rear shot of him running, arms fully extended to the Side, palms out, as you see multiple enemies flying up and backwards to the left and right of Steve.
The other was in that fight against the Multiple man type guy in the Liberators team.
Again, he's taking out on guy after the other, and in one panel, you see one of the copies behind him about to get the jump on Steve, and in the next panel Steve has 'roundhouse' kicked the guy's face and head LITERALLY into the wall.

-Hercules, Captain America #444
captainrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #342
marcvader
Lurker #1

I really hope they tackle Cap's acrobatic abilities better in his sequel. His fighting style along with the riccocheting shield could truly dazzle the uninitiated. So far they have only given us a tiny sample.

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #343
pyromaniac
Side-Kick

Well, I was plenty impressed enough by Cap's acrobatic reflexes and skills. Many of you have said that there's not all he can do, but I suppose that's why they're saving it for future movies. But I am satisfied enough; he is the guy that despite comparisons with the other 'big three', will always come back and fight no matter what.

As for the 'life imitating art' montage, funny, I interpreted it slightly differently. I thought they were real fans, you get the sense that they were actually genuine fans of the comics and that it wasn't really hard for them to show off their adulation.

The other meaning I took from them though, more importantly perhaps, is that it seemed to be Whedon and Marvel's way of 'thanking' us, that they remember who the fans are and why The Avengers and these Marvel characters have endured since their inception. It was really a nice send off to those who slavishly or casually followed the comic.

I mean, you already have that perfect textbook example in the five year old kid sporting the Cap shield. He would have slot nicely into that montage, no doubt.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #344
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
So, for all the "Iron Man is selfish and doesn't work well with others" thing...upon second viewing, the film actually makes Iron Man look better. Cap appears to be actively picking fights over Stark making jokes. He kind of comes across as a bit of a bully.
No he doesn't. Stark wasn't exactly being nice to Steve when he was talking about Loki (calling him a capsicle, fighting Thor without a plan, etc.). He seems like someone who thinks Stark is a jerk and isn't helping the situation. In Cap's defense, he wasn't. Cap got on Stark for testing Banner, which shows more Cap's worry for the safety of everyone (which is further seen by his regard for civilian life when the others were ignoring that aspect of the invasion).

I think this is totally wrong.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #345
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
No he doesn't. Stark wasn't exactly being nice to Steve when he was talking about Loki (calling him a capsicle, fighting Thor without a plan, etc.). He seems like someone who thinks Stark is a jerk and isn't helping the situation. In Cap's defense, he wasn't. Cap got on Stark for testing Banner, which shows more Cap's worry for the safety of everyone (which is further seen by his regard for civilian life when the others were ignoring that aspect of the invasion).

The way I see the quarrel between Rogers and Stark is that, Rogers saw the way Stark was provoking Banner and since he hates bullies (see CA:TFA), he decided to take a stand and fight for the "little guys", so to speak. He saw Stark as a bully and he wanted to take him down a notch, just like he once did as a 95-lb weakling, that's why he repeatedly told Stark to "suit up" so he could teach him a lesson. Although I don't really think Stark was being a bully, I think Rogers' response was appropriate given his personality, and I'm glad that he wanted to take a stand against aggressors. This reflects the way that he confronted Loki in Germany, as well.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #346
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Thanks for sharing that. It's a very nice story to go along with some adorable pictures. Tom and Chris certainly made that young fans dreams come true.

That kid is blessed.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #347
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post

I'm with you on this, Stark was being an ass for most of the movie and it must've taken alot of restraint from Cap not to lay his ass out.

My brother saw TA last week and he was like "IM is an *******", I know this makes heroes "interesting" to others but imo it's just annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I really hope they tackle Cap's acrobatic abilities better in his sequel. His fighting style along with the riccocheting shield could truly dazzle the uninitiated. So far they have only given us a tiny sample.
I was pretty impressed with Cap's acrobatics in TA, but I do still hear people call Cap "useless" which irritates me to no end.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #348
pyromaniac
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
The way I see the quarrel between Rogers and Stark is that, Rogers saw the way Stark was provoking Banner and since he hates bullies (see CA:TFA), he decided to take a stand and fight for the "little guys", so to speak. He saw Stark as a bully and he wanted to take him down a notch, just like he once did as a 95-lb weakling, that's why he repeatedly told Stark to "suit up" so he could teach him a lesson. Although I don't really think Stark was being a bully, I think Rogers' response was appropriate given his personality, and I'm glad that he wanted to take a stand against aggressors. This reflects the way that he confronted Loki in Germany, as well.
I'll have to slightly disagree on the semantics of being a bully. Both Banner and Rogers knew Stark was just playing around and even Banner said he had no issue with it, so why should Rogers?

That's stretching it a little bit. Stark was not being deliberately provocative. But, it was a little bit of 'tough love' as well, as he knew better than anybody else on the practice of control and to turn your 'curse' into something you can live with. Anyway, the key thing here was that Banner wasn't fussed, which Rogers asked him about to that effect.

'Suiting up', it wasn't to teach him a lesson as it doesn't fit who Rogers is, that is, anything but vindicative; it was said in the heat of the moment, plus (or because of it) amplified by the staff and Loki's subtle mind control. Rogers said that because he wanted to tackle Stark on in equal terms. I don't think Rogers came from that place of viewing Stark as a bully. Just abrasive and self-centered, that's all. If anything, Rogers' issues with Stark had everything to do with the latter's nature and nothing to do with the former. Rogers wasn't really that terribly offended by his jabs at him on the plane either (remember, he's a soldier and has already squared off plenty of worse enemies), it just painted a picture very quickly for him what Stark's personality was like. He was also aggrandizing Thor in the forest, anyway.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #349
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

Stark and Cap were both taking jabs at each other the whole time they were around each other to that point. I think some of the things Stark said did bother Cap some which is one of the reasons he wanted to fight him. That kinda thing happens with brothers all the time.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #350
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post

I was pretty impressed with Cap's acrobatics in TA, but I do still hear people call Cap "useless" which irritates me to no end.
What chu talkin about Willis? Who's saying he's useless and where?

Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!