The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 05-27-2012, 04:05 AM   #726
pyromaniac
Side-Kick

Th Eek Re: Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye! - Part 1

Does Clint sing in the comics?

As for slash, funnily enough, the first fic I read on FF.net snuck a Coulson/Barton pairing in without any buildup or warning whatsoever. It has some interesting and some spot on dialogue, humour and characterisation but oh, so spotty and bad storytelling technique at other times.

But that pairing did take me by surprise just because of the aforementioned reason.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #727
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I really want to Clint to sing in the next Avenger movie, or spin off. Is this unrealistic to ask for?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

They could just replace Rosario Dawson for Black Widow, or perhaps there is a role Rosario would be perfect for in the Avenger's universe.
Scarlett Johansson sings, though I've no idea whether or not she's any good. RDJ is actually an excellent singer; I've got his album in my playlist. He and Mark Ruffalo burst into Hooked On A Feeling at the end of The Avengers special on the Reelz Channel.

Dawson or Zoe Saldana would be ideal to play Nick Fury's (much younger) girlfriend, Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine. Val doesn't sing but she does kick ass.

xeno000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #728
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Scarlett Johansson sings, though I've no idea whether or not she's any good. RDJ is actually an excellent singer; I've got his album in my playlist. He and Mark Ruffalo burst into Hooked On A Feeling at the end of The Avengers special on the Reelz Channel.

Dawson or Zoe Saldana would be ideal to play Nick Fury's (much younger) girlfriend, Valentina Allegra de la Fontaine. Val doesn't sing but she does kick ass.
Oh wow, either women would be great (Zoe more, because we know how athletic she really is) or perhaps Paula Patton, who also showed some brawn in Mission Impossible 4. But I don't know if she sings or not.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #729
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromaniac View Post
Does Clint sing in the comics?

As for slash, funnily enough, the first fic I read on FF.net snuck a Coulson/Barton pairing in without any buildup or warning whatsoever. It has some interesting and some spot on dialogue, humour and characterisation but oh, so spotty and bad storytelling technique at other times.

But that pairing did take me by surprise just because of the aforementioned reason.

You seem to have stumbled into PWP territory with that fic. There is plenty of decent fan fic out there, you just have to know where to find it. And not all of it is slash, either. Just most of it.

Old 05-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #730
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

The answer is obvious: Avengers 1: They go for shawarma after the big battle. Avengers 2: They go to a karaoke bar.

Avengers 3: They go to Medieval Times just to piss off Thor.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:15 PM   #731
Mars452
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Oh wow, either women would be great (Zoe more, because we know how athletic she really is) or perhaps Paula Patton, who also showed some brawn in Mission Impossible 4. But I don't know if she sings or not.
Paula Patton sure, but, really, Zoe Saldana? There are toothpicks thicker than that girl. And she's not exactly convincing as an Action Girl either. Watching her (trying to) handle an assault rifle in Colombiana was one of the funniest things ever.

Mars452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #732
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Curious though, after having seen the film, did you guys see anything from Jeremy's performance that warranted on what Feige and others were saying at the early reviews on how Hawkeye would steal the show or be a new fan favorite?

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #733
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

I'm thinking alot from him has been cut out sadly.

I LOVED him in the movie, but I was already a Hawkeye fanboy so it was just great seeing Clint be a badass. Though, he needed more quips.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #734
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
I'm thinking alot from him has been cut out sadly.

I LOVED him in the movie, but I was already a Hawkeye fanboy so it was just great seeing Clint be a badass. Though, he needed more quips.
When I first found out that he was going to be controlled for like the first half of the film, I was like scratching my head because I couldn't make sense of it in a way; here's a character that's had little to no exposure in the MCU like his teammates have had, so if anyone needed to be fleshed out in this film, it would have to be him, but we don't really get to know him until the second half and that's only by comments made by other characters or from his one quiet scene with Natasha.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #735
pyromaniac
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
You seem to have stumbled into PWP territory with that fic. There is plenty of decent fan fic out there, you just have to know where to find it. And not all of it is slash, either. Just most of it.
Actually, switch the words around and that's what I read. It was not satisfying in any way, shape or form. Not even a kiss. Well, they actually do not have any scenes together, which makes the point of the fic even more puzzling.

As for Hawkeye's 'mind control' storyline, I didn't mind. It made sense and gave development to him. It was the impetus for Natasha - giving her development in turn, and drove the middle section of the film, with that Helicarrier attack. In fact, if it hadn't been for Hawkeye, that action piece would never have happened.

People who complained about his 'limited screen time' etc tend to forget these in the equation.

Plus, it made his presence that much more satisfying when he is on, and you clamour to see more of him. It works, at least for me. And he was pivotal to the NY battle, and wasn't a 'throwaway character'. You can tell, like with every other character, that Whedon respects him.

It's very underrated and rare but excellent writing when you create a character whose implicit 'absence' gives him gems of development as opposed to exposition that can come off as hokey or too condensed. Some people get stuck with characters that seem great on paper but end up being one note.

As for Hawkeye being a 'scene stealer', well someone said on here that he was the third most popular character to be written in fanfic. I think that speaks volumes. In terms of sheer popularity and affinity for 'tortured bad asses', Clint is right up there.

Last edited by pyromaniac; 05-27-2012 at 09:32 PM.
pyromaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #736
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars452 View Post
Paula Patton sure, but, really, Zoe Saldana? There are toothpicks thicker than that girl. And she's not exactly convincing as an Action Girl either. Watching her (trying to) handle an assault rifle in Colombiana was one of the funniest things ever.

You know what, I've been to many a street fighting competition, it's just absolutely amazing, when I see that little guy with the Ninjitsu skills, beat the crap out of the very muscular boxer or wrestler. Just saying, like Yoda says, size matters not.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #737
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Curious though, after having seen the film, did you guys see anything from Jeremy's performance that warranted on what Feige and others were saying at the early reviews on how Hawkeye would steal the show or be a new fan favorite?
Well, most polls have him 3rd favorite, behind The Hulk and Loki, so he must be doing something right.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:39 AM   #738
Jordanstine
Side-Kick

The Bourne Legacy looks really good!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

August 3 baby!

Also, Bourne Legacy will take place concurrently with Bourne Ultimatum!

That's like Nerdgasm for spy movie fans!

It's like Thor and Iron Man 2 all over again

Old 06-01-2012, 06:01 AM   #739
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanstine View Post
The Bourne Legacy looks really good!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

August 3 baby!

Also, Bourne Legacy will take place concurrently with Bourne Ultimatum!

That's like Nerdgasm for spy movie fans!

It's like Thor and Iron Man 2 all over again
It's not a Bourne movie with out Matt Damon and Jason Bourne.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #740
casscain
Side-Kick

In an interview from Screenrant, Renner said Hawkeye is "the only one who can really take down The Hulk with his tranq tip arrows." This was never shown in the movie.

My question is: Was this from the script and may be a deleted scene or is this something that was only part of the Marvel comics universe?

casscain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #741
webhead921
Side-Kick

I'm much more familiar with Ultimate Hawkeye than I am with 616 Hawkeye. To me, it seemed Renner was pretty much Ultimate Hawkeye. Did any of you see key elements from 616 Hawkeye in his performance?

I'm Commander Shepard, and Jade Empire is my favorite Bioware game on the Citadel.
webhead921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #742
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by casscain View Post
In an interview from Screenrant, Renner said Hawkeye is "the only one who can really take down The Hulk with his tranq tip arrows." This was never shown in the movie.

My question is: Was this from the script and may be a deleted scene or is this something that was only part of the Marvel comics universe?
Maybe it was in an early draft when Barton was "good" from the beginning.

SuperSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #743
casscain
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
Maybe it was in an early draft when Barton was "good" from the beginning.
Someone finally responded to my post!

You're probably right. Might have been from the Zak Penn script.

Jeremy is scheduled to appear on Saturday Night Live on Nov 17th. I'm sure there is going to be an Avengers skit on there.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #744
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

Will Hawkeye be getting the short end of the stick for Avengers 2 as well??? We know that Iron Man isn't going to feature any other heroes, Thor won't either, It's confirmed that Cap will feature Black Widow, Maria Hill, and Nick Fury, yet no word on Hawkeye!!

GOTG is the only franchise left that he could be added in and that doesn't even feel like a natural fit for the character, unless he Barton featured in the first act as Quill's friend before Quill goes into space. And have that be sort of an extended cameo for the Barton as the rest of the film will be in space so he can't do ish....

I'm just speculating, because if there are 2 more Avengers joining the sequel, and even with SHIELD having a minor role to play in the film, Will Barton be the "random" Avenger once again??

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #745
casscain
Side-Kick

I'm really hoping Hawkeye will have more interaction with the rest of the Avengers in the upcoming sequels. It would make sense for him to appear in CA2 since the movie is centered around SHIELD.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #746
Sneakronicity
Side-Kick

I really hope we hear some news on Hawkeye soon. It's bad enough that he's already had the least amount of screentime of all the Avengers, but if they don't give him something to do between now and the sequel then I fear he'll continue to be left in the background, which is a shame. Both the actor and the character are fantastic and they deserve some spotlight.

I would still trade most these other movies for a Black Widow/Hawkeye film, but I doubt that's in the cards. CA2 castlist is already filling up so while it would make the most sense for him to be in that one I'm not holding my breath. Do we know how many films are in Renner's contract?

Sneakronicity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #747
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casscain View Post
Arrows wouldn't have any effect on the Hulk, so if that was part of an early script that's probably why they cut it out. Or Renner might have just been joking.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MYTH-...31161003585134
RockSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #748
casscain
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Arrows wouldn't have any effect on the Hulk, so if that was part of an early script that's probably why they cut it out. Or Renner might have just been joking.
I just recently found out that the tranq arrow is mentioned on the bio for Hawkeye's Marvel Select figure. According to the bio, Hawkeye was Shield's secret weapon to taking down the Hulk. Hawkeye was recruited into the Avengers Initiative for this reason. He was supposed to keep an eye on Banner.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:05 AM   #749
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Jeremy Renner will host Saturday Night Live on November 17th. Renner was selected because fans on Facebook (and maybe Twitter) suggested him to the producers. Adam Levine and Maroon 5 will be the musical guests.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...sts-announced/

Old 11-13-2012, 06:32 AM   #750
casscain
Side-Kick

Jeremy Renner is also appearing on this Wednesday's Today show, probably to promote his SNL appearance.