Meh, I Can Deal With It 7 10.29%
I Don't Like It At All 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #51
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 7

when do you think we will start seeing official pics of Amy as Lois?

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 05-25-2012, 01:30 PM   #52
flickchick85
Loose Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
when do you think we will start seeing official pics of Amy as Lois?
Usually pics start coming out around trailer time. So with any luck, in 1-2 months.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
Old 05-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #53
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Isn't it sad where the "Amy Adams" thread is like the only actress thread inside of a comic book theme film, or at least one of the very few, where most of the posts deals with arguing on whether she's attractive enough for the role (which I believe she is in spades) when every other female actress thread in other comic book films doesn't have this issue as much...
The Batboards would like to object to that. Up until recently a few months ago people would complain about Hathaway being too ugly and occasionally it is still brought up that Maggie Gylenhaal was too ugly as Rachel.

But yeah, Adams is a great choice as Lois. Not my first, but still a very, very good choice.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #54
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Usually pics start coming out around trailer time. So with any luck, in 1-2 months.
I hope so.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 05-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #55
Blue Sugar
Banned User

Adams is getting a lot of praise in Cannes for the footage shown of The Master.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #56
Boom
I got nothin'

Adams is one of the finest actresses working today. She had three Oscar nominations in the span of five years, with another one likely on the way for The Master.

She's going to be incredible.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #57
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I can't believe we're coming into June... July is soooo close! And i'm dying too see what Amy looks like as Lois in actual shots in the trailer/still photos... cause set pics just don't cut it.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 05-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #58
dsupes

New here. I have been an avid Superman fan since I could crawl lol. I pretty much pretend SR didn't happen--in great part because of KB! I pretty much had a nerdgasm when I found out out AA had been cast (I'm female, btw, lol, but have great respect for her work).

Maybe because I'm a woman, I don't have the same kind of concerns guys have about her looks, but I do think she's quite attractive and actually attractive in the way I'd expect for LL. I thought KB was too pretty, I can't explain it. She looked more like a model than LL, it was weird.

AA on the other hand, has just the right amount of fiestiness paired with charm /charisma to plus this off imo. Not to mention she is a stellar actress. I feel so pleased to see her playing this role!

(NGL, am a little bothered by the Lana hair, but I'll let it go lol)

Old 05-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #59
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsupes View Post
New here. I have been an avid Superman fan since I could crawl lol. I pretty much pretend SR didn't happen--in great part because of KB! I pretty much had a nerdgasm when I found out out AA had been cast (I'm female, btw, lol, but have great respect for her work).

Maybe because I'm a woman, I don't have the same kind of concerns guys have about her looks, but I do think she's quite attractive and actually attractive in the way I'd expect for LL. I thought KB was too pretty, I can't explain it. She looked more like a model than LL, it was weird.

AA on the other hand, has just the right amount of fiestiness paired with charm /charisma to plus this off imo. Not to mention she is a stellar actress. I feel so pleased to see her playing this role!

(NGL, am a little bothered by the Lana hair, but I'll let it go lol)
Welcome to the boards!!

I agree with you and honestly, I don't think that KB is a bad actress, but she just wasn't right for the role, and I had a hard time buying that she was old and distinguished enough to be the mother of a 5 year old and be a pulitzer prize winning journalist. I would have thought that Lois would needed to have been in her early to mid 20's during the time before Superman left Earth (the same way that she looked in SR in other words) before the 5 year skip. Not to mention that the film didn't allow her to distinguish herself as a main character outside of her connection with Superman imho.

Before any serious romance happens between Superman and Lois, I think they need to be established strongly as individual characters; in the sense where like how Marvel had gone about it with their Marvel Cinematic Universe; you want to build up these characters to be likable as solo characters first before putting them together so that when they're positively received by viewers, then it can add to the whole desire on wanting to see them together..not to mention, when we see them do their own thing, we can still enjoy the film as well.

I think/believe that Amy has the skill set to really make her portrayal of Lois memorable, especially if she's been given a good arc to work with as a solo character.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #60
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

It would be nice if Man of Steel introduced Lois as 'The Reporter' in the sense that there is absolutely nothing romantic between Clark and Lois at the start, not even a spark, that she is known around the Daily Planet as 'the one to beat' in getting the best stories and everything. I suppose the benifits of having her be much older is that she is already a well acomplished journalist. I know that in the 40's it was some huge stigma or disgrace to see a woman working in a newsroom and more than that, actually being really good at it, which is why that aspect of her character was played up so much.

In this day and age it is nothing, no big deal. So it would be cool if it were just 'Lois is one of our top reporters' end of. Not, 'Lois is one of our top reporters and she's female... can you believe that?'

Unlike Lois and Clark and Smallville I don't think it should be about building their relationship up bit by bit I think it should be like The animated series of the 90's where she was just 'there' doing her own thing while Clark went about doing his own thing.

It would make a refreshing change from the constant Clark and Lois drama.

Old 05-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #61
dsupes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
It would be nice if Man of Steel introduced Lois as 'The Reporter' in the sense that there is absolutely nothing romantic between Clark and Lois at the start, not even a spark, that she is known around the Daily Planet as 'the one to beat' in getting the best stories and everything. I suppose the benifits of having her be much older is that she is already a well acomplished journalist. I know that in the 40's it was some huge stigma or disgrace to see a woman working in a newsroom and more than that, actually being really good at it, which is why that aspect of her character was played up so much.

In this day and age it is nothing, no big deal. So it would be cool if it were just 'Lois is one of our top reporters' end of. Not, 'Lois is one of our top reporters and she's female... can you believe that?'

Unlike Lois and Clark and Smallville I don't think it should be about building their relationship up bit by bit I think it should be like The animated series of the 90's where she was just 'there' doing her own thing while Clark went about doing his own thing.

It would make a refreshing change from the constant Clark and Lois drama.
ICA. I HOPE that's what we're getting. One of my biggest gripes with Superhero movies in general is their portrayal of women as passive objects, etc. LL has such kicka** source material and can really stand on her own.

Please no Spiderman melodramatics here lol. I'd be happy with character development for both of them, but especially Superman, of course, and maybe a hint of romance in the end.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #62
Rockstar
Banned User

I don't seriously think Goyer or Nolan would waste their time writing Lois and Clark-esque Rom comedy and Smallville-esque relationship drama into the script.

That's one good thing I'm looking forward to with this version of Lois. Finally a Lois Lane I can take seriously.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #63
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

I think the romance will be there, but not a full romance, the beginning of one. I don't expect Clark/Superman and Lois to be in love by the end but I think there will definitely be romantic interest in each other.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #64
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

I can't wait to see the interaction between Lois and Clark, if there is any that is. I love the STAS version of Lois's character.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #65
Panthro
Our Savior Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel4life View Post
I can't wait to see the interaction between Lois and Clark, if there is any that is. I love the STAS version of Lois's character.
In the bold - same here.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Old 05-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #66
I Am The Knight
You came back to dance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I don't seriously think Goyer or Nolan would waste their time writing Lois and Clark-esque Rom comedy and Smallville-esque relationship drama into the script.

That's one good thing I'm looking forward to with this version of Lois. Finally a Lois Lane I can take seriously.
So, whatever happened to Lana anyway?

SHH. You owe us your livelihood. / Avvy by Kane52630!
Old 05-30-2012, 06:25 AM   #67
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
It would be nice if Man of Steel introduced Lois as 'The Reporter' in the sense that there is absolutely nothing romantic between Clark and Lois at the start, not even a spark
Not even a spark?

Maybe not on Lois' end when it comes too Clark, because I kind of like it when she's just always so focused on whatever story she is working on that she's totally oblivious to any male interest, or doesn't 'have time for it'.

But there should be a spark on his end IMO. It should be obvious he likes her from the get go.

And the whole point of the 'triangle' is that Superman becomes the one guy she literally CAN'T ignore, because he IS the story, and he keeps saving her life.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 05-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #68
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Not even a spark?

Maybe not on Lois' end when it comes too Clark, because I kind of like it when she's just always so focused on whatever story she is working on that she's totally oblivious to any male interest, or doesn't 'have time for it'.

But there should be a spark on his end IMO. It should be obvious he likes her from the get go.

And the whole point of the 'triangle' is that Superman becomes the one guy she literally CAN'T ignore, because he IS the story, and he keeps saving her life.
Well if we go by Snyder's words a year ago, there will most likely be something from Clark's end; I just hope that they don't present a Lois who's so nonchalant and ignorant to Clark's presence like she was in the previous films were it comes off to the point that some would say that they wouldn't want to see Clark end up with someone like her.

As long as they show her having a spark or hints of interest in the "real persona" in the first film, then I'll be content.lol

Old 05-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #69
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Well if we go by Snyder's words a year ago, there will most likely be something from Clark's end; I just hope that they don't present a Lois who's so nonchalant and ignorant to Clark's presence like she was in the previous films were it comes off to the point that some would say that they wouldn't want to see Clark end up with someone like her.

As long as they show her having a spark or hints of interest in the "real persona" in the first film, then I'll be content.lol
Yeah I think the best way they can do that is just have one moment where Clark Kent surprises her. Where she thought he was totally dismissable and then does something that kinda makes her think 'Huh, I underestimate you'.

Does the trick for me.

And that's sort of how their relationship was in STAS. She respected him and had enough 'interest' in him for them to be friends as well as co workers.

*\S/T*
Old 05-30-2012, 10:09 AM   #70
Rockstar
Banned User

Lois will probably be a love interest to Superman, and not to the Clark Kent disguise.

The whole point of the reporter disguise is for Superman to draw attention and suspicion away from himself. It's a facade.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #71
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Lois will probably be a love interest to Superman, and not to the Clark Kent disguise.

The whole point of the reporter disguise is for Superman to draw attention and suspicion away from himself. It's a facade.
That's assuming of course if they go with that route of Clark kent the reporter being the disguise in this version as well. In "Lois and Clark" it was quite the opposite.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #72
Rockstar
Banned User

And in "Lois and Clark," the secret identity made no sense as a result of that switch.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #73
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
And in "Lois and Clark," the secret identity made no sense as a result of that switch.
I wouldn’t say that; I mean sure, Dean Cain didn’t place as much effort in his performance in distinguishing the characters between the two like someone such as CR had done for his role as Superman. However, the general feeling that I got from the L&C interpretation was that Clark was trying to make Superman come off as more larger than life, more so than his normal personality, thus a way of differentiating the two personalities, I think that was the intent, course the execution of that intent could be argued if it was successful or not.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #74
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
I wouldn’t say that; I mean sure, Dean Cain didn’t place as much effort in his performance in distinguishing the characters between the two like someone such as CR had done for his role as Superman. However, the general feeling that I got from the L&C interpretation was that Clark was trying to make Superman come off as more larger than life, more so than his normal personality, thus a way of differentiating the two personalities, I think that was the intent, course the execution of that intent could be argued if it was successful or not.
Exactly. The intention was that Superman be seen as someone who didn't have a life beyond being a superhero. That he arrived in Metropolis a stranger to earth. That's why Lois wondered things like 'does he eat' and 'does the suit even come off'.

And that's why the disguise works. Because nobody thinks about him possibly having grown up on earth, and having earth parents, and enjoying earthly pleasures. So even when you think they look alike, you assume it's just a coincidence because Clark Kent has parents, and a human childhood and life.

The only person I had issue with not figuring it out was Luthor. Because he saw the messages in the globe, and he figured out that Superman grew up on earth and probably has an alter ego. So he really should have figured it out.

*\S/T*
Old 05-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #75
Rockstar
Banned User

Quote:
Where did you get that from? He played them practically the same, and Lois still had a close relationship with Superman in L+C.

Their portrayal was a complete bastardization of the character.

Such a concept wouldn't fly in the Superman version of Batman Begins. If the material is grounded in some level of realism, intelligence and logic, the CK disguise is absolutely necessary.

Making Superman into 'the disguise' is incredibly tricky. How could he possibly exaggerate himself beyond his normal personality as Superman? Clark's real personality should be quite heroic and outgoing. Heck, there are pictures of Clark saving civilians on the oil rig before even becoming Superman.

It's easier and more logical for Superman to play himself down with the reserved 'Clark Kent' reporter disguise, and adjust his mannerisms, voice and appearance (with the glasses, hair and work suit).

Superman as the facade makes no sense.

Superman as the disguise:

Last edited by Rockstar; 05-30-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Closed Thread