The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 05-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #51
Spider-Fan
The First Avenger Mod!!!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: What we know about Captain America 2 from the Avengers...

I personally would rather see Red Skull come back over Winter Soldier (unless you did both in same movie). Cap and Red Skull's fight wasn't finished. Red Skull's fate is still a mystery, and it is a loose end that needs tied up. I favor his return next movie over Winter Soldier. When Cap is still discovering the world, who better than his arch-enemy to challenge his path to coming to terms with the new time period? Plus, it would further that cosmic element of the MCU Feige has mentioned.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #52
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I personally would rather see Red Skull come back over Winter Soldier (unless you did both in same movie). Cap and Red Skull's fight wasn't finished. Red Skull's fate is still a mystery, and it is a loose end that needs tied up. I favor his return next movie over Winter Soldier. When Cap is still discovering the world, who better than his arch-enemy to challenge his path to coming to terms with the new time period? Plus, it would further that cosmic element of the MCU Feige has mentioned.

Plus, even though Winter Soldier has become a popular character in the 2000s, there's no denying that Skully has been a permanent fixture in Cap's mythos for seven decades. He is still the archenemy of Steve Rogers, and always will be. Skully has to return....that's not even open for discussion.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #53
GammaBeastX

I like the idea of him adjusting to a new era, and having other WW2 villains return. I would also eventually like to see him leading a small team of heroes(hawkeye, black widow, falcon, nothing too over the top) to infiltrate a Hydra or A.I.M base, or any terrorist organisation .

Whatever they do I hope he shines as a brilliant leader and combatant.

GammaBeastX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #54
shieldmaiden
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaBeastX View Post

AND that he stays true to his sense of honor and identity as a truly good person...

If all that happened? I'd be happy.

I guess since I'm new to the characters/franchise, I don't have anything emotionally invested in the old characters/plots. As long as it's done WELL, I'll probably like it.

shieldmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #55
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I'd rather not bring Red Skull back. Cap is more than just a guy who fights Red Skull. As great as Red Skull is, it shouldn't feel like Skeletor or Mumm-Ra, where this is the *only* guy that Cap ever seems to fight. Having the same main villain two movies in a row would send that message.

Unless all of Cap's other villains suck, then yeah, he needs to be someone who only fights one guy.

DrCosmic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #56
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I'm cool with a Red Skull return, in fact I'm sure it will happen. I don't mind if that waits a film or two though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaBeastX View Post
I like the idea of him adjusting to a new era, and having other WW2 villains return. I would also eventually like to see him leading a small team of heroes(hawkeye, black widow, falcon, nothing too over the top) to infiltrate a Hydra or A.I.M base, or any terrorist organisation .

Nicely put. Great first post

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #57
marcvader
Lurker #1

I definitely want Red Skull back but not necessarily in Cap 2. I could see him being brought back at the conclusion of Cap 2 setting him up for Cap 3 maybe.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #58
Avenger
Earth's Mightiest Fanboy

Yeah, I want Red Skull back, but in Cap 3. I'd rather see the Barons Zemo be the main villain(s) in Cap 2, with Winter Soldier in the shadows. Make Cap 3 be about Red Skull and Winter Soldier.