The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 06-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #51
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 10

I'd like to see Wendigo.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:45 AM   #52
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
I don't think Abom is the perfect Hulk villan, in any sense. He's too much like Hulk; so much so that just like the final battle in TIH, it had no heart and no emotion. It was just two big monster bashing each others brains out. Great eye cnady, but little depth. There are alot of much more intriguing villans in Hulks rough gallery that they could use. We all know the Leader. He's like Hulk's Lex Luther. Brains vs Brawn.
I've always felt that while the idea of having a villain as smart as the Hulk is strong is great, the execution is often lacking. Whereas I think the idea of basically an evil Hulk looks dull on paper, the actual characterisation they give Emil and his long personal history make their battles truly great.
Also he killed Betty so that gets him points for me.

Last edited by Roose Bolton; 06-08-2012 at 12:52 AM.
Roose Bolton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:21 AM   #53
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Abom has been done. It kinda sucked. And Roth was completely miscast anyway. After they've exhausted Hulk's rogues gallery, maybe they can reboot abom. Like in 20 years or so.

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:09 AM   #54
Ready4This
New User - Level 0

Hulk is the bees knees.

Ready4This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #55
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Abom has been done. It kinda sucked. And Roth was completely miscast anyway. After they've exhausted Hulk's rogues gallery, maybe they can reboot abom. Like in 20 years or so.
I thought i was the only one who didn't really like Roth as Blonsky. Not to mention Letterier's re-design of the character and the whole excuse he used to not make him look 'reptilian' was lame. :

Wendigo could work. As could Sasquash, and Zzaxx. The latter two are very similar to Banner. Two extremely smart men, just misguided. I'd personally like to see The Leader and a horde of gamma mutants. He talked about 'test subjects' in TIH, but now that SHIELD has Sterns, there's no telling where the story will go.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #56
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

If Abomination shows up, they better give him his classic look this time. Maybe he's evolved with a more reptilian form. Perhaps the Serpent Society could show up in one of the Marvel movies (eg Cap) with Viper overseeing things as part of Hydra. That way, some reptilian element can be introduced and can find its way over to the Abomination, whose powers derive from the SSS.

Old 06-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #57
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I'd like to see Wendigo.
And 1.

Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #58
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgo-13 View Post
I don't think Abom is the perfect Hulk villan, in any sense. He's too much like Hulk; so much so that just like the final battle in TIH, it had no heart and no emotion. It was just two big monster bashing each others brains out. Great eye cnady, but little depth. There are alot of much more intriguing villans in Hulks rough gallery that they could use. We all know the Leader. He's like Hulk's Lex Luther. Brains vs Brawn.
I have to disagree with that. Antagonists who are most like the hero make the most interesting battles. Of course, with Bruce in the Hulk, brawn vs brawn or brain vs brain is possible.

Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #59
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

The Leader is basically a scientist like Banner who was just as ambitious, but not in a good way. His gamma infusion, instead of turning him into a giant hulk, turned him into an even smarter and more malevolent version of himself. Most of Banner's enemies are usually mirror images or contrasts to himself. Guys that started out kind of plain but turned into something more, some who wanted it an some who didn't.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #60
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
If Abomination shows up, they better give him his classic look this time. Maybe he's evolved with a more reptilian form. Perhaps the Serpent Society could show up in one of the Marvel movies (eg Cap) with Viper overseeing things as part of Hydra. That way, some reptilian element can be introduced and can find its way over to the Abomination, whose powers derive from the SSS.
Yeah, Letteriers excuse for not using the reptilian look was that that he couldn't justify it.....he later admitted he never liked it..but one could easily justify having reptilian dna being in a formula that helps a person re-generate as reptiles are known for the ability to re-generate limbs, etc. Like i said, he basically just didn't like the look to begin with but gave the fans the 'i couldn't justify it' excuse.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #61
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
i say they just redesign and recast Abomination without any explanation. We got a new hulk. We can get a new everything. TIH is still canon but since the hulk was redesigned everything can be redesigned.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:48 PM   #62
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
i say they just redesign and recast Abomination without any explanation. We got a new hulk. We can get a new everything. TIH is still canon but since the hulk was redesigned everything can be redesigned.
That sounds good enough to me. Tim Roth is ok, but he should've been used as a different villain in the first place. Not sure who though.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #63
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Saw this. Wish Alien wasn't there, but hey...

Old 06-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #64
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

lol, I posted that like a month and half ago. still cool though

Old 07-01-2012, 12:46 AM   #65
Hulk666
New User - Level 0

Hey guys, I simply love Hulk most of all avengers and in this movie he was so funny and so cool, that I had to animate somethink with him. How could normal Hulk's day look like? Check there Its nothink much, but I was working on it more than 2 months in Flash and sometimes it was very, very, very tedious work. So I will be very happy if it will be at least seen by some people. Thanks you very much!

Hulk666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #66
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Would love to the see the Leader, Doc Samson and a Crusher Creel Absorbing Man in a new Hulk movie. Done right.

Other than that, there's the likes of Qnax, the Rhino, The Missing Link, Xemnu, Wendigo and Sasquatch but as they're all pretty much the same kind of physical threat to Hulk [although possibly the parallel between Sasquatch's duality and Hulk's might be interesting] if they were to go that route I'd just as soon as see Blonsky again, tbh.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #67
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk666 View Post
Hey guys, I simply love Hulk most of all avengers and in this movie he was so funny and so cool, that I had to animate somethink with him. How could normal Hulk's day look like? Check there Its nothink much, but I was working on it more than 2 months in Flash and sometimes it was very, very, very tedious work. So I will be very happy if it will be at least seen by some people. Thanks you very much!
LOL remind me not to hire Bruce Banner to work on my house.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #68
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I do think that they could give Abom his classic look and work it into the movie, like SHIELD tried to cure his condition using Reptillian DNA but it didnt work and just made him into the classic Abom we know and love, Roth could still stay as the voice as we are never going to see his human side again.

Beyond that the Hulk doesnt have that many great villains, Sasquatch and Wendigo COULD work with some clever writing. Beyond that they would need to go the Planet Hulk route for me.

Does anyone think Red Hulk could work with some good writing?

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #69
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

That would be a very plausible explanation to an A-Bomb looking visually more akin to his comicbook counterpart. It'd also 'freshen' things up a bit as he wouldnt be just fighting the 'same ol' villain' from before, in a sense.

Old 07-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #70
Maximum Carnage
Tanned User

I happen to be sitting next to Mark Ruffalo's cousin! Even though she hasn't seen him since he was a kid.. Haha. But still. My mind = blown. !!!!

Maximum Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #71
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
That would be a very plausible explanation to an A-Bomb looking visually more akin to his comicbook counterpart. It'd also 'freshen' things up a bit as he wouldnt be just fighting the 'same ol' villain' from before, in a sense.
Exactly, plus it would freshen up his looks like Hulk's already has been, they could even make him more powerful as well, despite him being plenty powerful in TIH.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 07-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #72
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Yeah, a spruce up in the same way that Hulk's been spruced up - Improved design, improved CG animation, improved on-screen abilities.

I like it.

EDIT: Two designs more 'similiar' (not literal translations but closer than TIH A-Bomb, nonetheless) to the comicbook A-Bomb right here, using the previous movies design as a base but 'mutating' further:-

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...ncredible-Hulk

Last edited by Brian Braddock; 07-01-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Brian Braddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #73
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Yeah, a spruce up in the same way that Hulk's been spruced up - Improved design, improved CG animation, improved on-screen abilities.

I like it.

EDIT: Two designs more 'similiar' (not literal translations but closer than TIH A-Bomb, nonetheless) to the comicbook A-Bomb right here, using the previous movies design as a base but 'mutating' further:-

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...ncredible-Hulk

Wow, those designs would actually be amazing, I would be more than happy if they brought Abom back looking like that, delighted in fact.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #74
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Maybe would prefer to see a few scales on the top layer but otherwise, it would be a massive improvement on the design using in TIH. Plus, the mutation you describe would take, what, 1 or 2 lines of exposition to the audience to explain?

Perfect. No fuss, no muss.

Old 07-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #75
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Give him the pointy ears and we may have something. Also, just say no to Marvel's Poochie (the red Hulk)